The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'Blacksmith' - unmasking himself  - Page 3 Mm11

'Blacksmith' - unmasking himself  - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'Blacksmith' - unmasking himself  - Page 3 Mm11

'Blacksmith' - unmasking himself  - Page 3 Regist10

'Blacksmith' - unmasking himself

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Blacksmith' - unmasking himself  - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Blacksmith' - unmasking himself

Post by Guest 22.11.12 13:34

Yes I agree. If Blacksmith is saying in all seriousness that it's nothing to do with anybody else if some people choose to have sex with children, then he has lost all credibility.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

'Blacksmith' - unmasking himself  - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Blacksmith' - unmasking himself

Post by Guest 22.11.12 14:50

I just read it as the current furore isn't what he wants to write about, as he doesn't see it's connected to this case. And in 2007 I believe most people agreed with him that the media's obsession with paedophiles was probably aiding whoever was actually responsible for Madeleine's disappearance escape justice.

There was media hype in 2007 - which was attacked by forum members
There's media hype in 2012 - which some members seem to be joining in with

I think this is the point he's making (though I'm hesitant to put words into his mouth)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 22.11.12 15:47

tcat wrote:I just read it as the current furore isn't what he wants to write about, as he doesn't see it's connected to this case. And in 2007 I believe most people agreed with him that the media's obsession with paedophiles was probably aiding whoever was actually responsible for Madeleine's disappearance escape justice.

I think this is the point he's making (though I'm hesitant to put words into his mouth)

Just for once one cannot blame the media if the parents themselves (Gerry at 11.00 pm. on the 3rd!) notify all and sundry that she'd been taken by a paedophile gang. Paedo gangs were apparently roaming the countryside and there is no law against paedophilia in Portugal. According to the parents themselves, from the horses' mouth so to speak.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.11.12 16:04

tigger wrote:
tcat wrote:I just read it as the current furore isn't what he wants to write about, as he doesn't see it's connected to this case. And in 2007 I believe most people agreed with him that the media's obsession with paedophiles was probably aiding whoever was actually responsible for Madeleine's disappearance escape justice.

Just for once one cannot blame the media if the parents themselves (Gerry at 11.00 pm. on the 3rd!) notify all and sundry that she'd been taken by a paedophile gang. Paedo gangs were apparently roaming the countryside and there is no law against paedophilia in Portugal. According to the parents themselves, from the horses' mouth so to speak.
You know what I mean, tigger. I mean the hysteria of the broadcasters in PdL those first few days that led to Lori Campbell's mentioning of Soham and Huntley and her pointing the finger at Murat etc.

None of that would have happened if the broadcasters and papers had been responsible.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 22.11.12 17:15

tcat wrote:
tigger wrote:

You know what I mean, tigger. I mean the hysteria of the broadcasters in PdL those first few days that led to Lori Campbell's mentioning of Soham and Huntley and her pointing the finger at Murat etc.

None of that would have happened if the broadcasters and papers had been responsible.

A responsible press seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth, it wouldn't have happened otherwise, that's true. But they had the Soham recipe - so tried to fit events and people into that story. As far as I can gather, journalists mostly use ingredients from an event and construct a story that will sell and appeal to the masses. Nothing to do with the truth, they're not interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Olive_Boyle 22.11.12 22:51

To Blacksmith

I suggest in your future articles maybe put some emoticons (a bit like
this :-7) to give those less able to understand you a bit of
help.

And congratulations on getting the"blue text treatment".

Although maybe not that much of an honour because even I have received it.
Olive_Boyle

Activity : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.12 0:00

Juulcy wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
Jean wrote:Another blog from Blacksmith. http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/

This is definitely tongue-in-cheek.

The bit about the McCann family figurines is good - look at the postage needed for Philomena!
I looked and laughed.
It looks like himself again.
Had a big laugh about other things too and some eyebrow-raising things ...
Will follow.

Apparently I have lost my sense of humour. I think I will stick to my thoughts about Blacksmith. Cleverly crafted piece. But you can't compare an over imaginative conspiracy theory about illuminati to very legitimate fears for paedosexuals. Paedosexual acts do happen in all sorts of places, mostly where there are lots of children and not enough supervision. We recentely have had a big REAL case of appaling abuse of young children by daycare workers here in Holland. Proven. Not a witchhunt. My sister lives in Amsterdam and has two young children. Not in that centre, but it could have been..
I watch out for my children, and I screen who teaches them or who trains them at the sportclub.
And I am a levelheaded normal mum.
nah
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.12 0:04

Blacksmith is having a real rant about people on forums in his latest pile of bile.

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.12 0:12

I tend to agree

parapono
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.12 2:25

Jean wrote:Blacksmith is having a real rant about people on forums in his latest pile of bile.

You yourself said something not very nice about him at the top of this very page, Jean.

It's passion, not bile. If he wasn't so passionate about the case, would he still be writing about it after all these years? It would be a sad day if he stopped.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.12 4:07

passion indeed...

parapono
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.12 4:08

twice, sorry

parapono
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 24.11.12 7:28

Blacksmith here is guilty of misquoting or misleading imo.

Two quotes in his latest offering are from published material where the original source is given in the relevant post. To attribute these quotes as opinions by members is exactly the sort of thing I understood to be anathema to Blacksmith.
One of the quotes I understand to be from a book Lord McAlpine wrote himself. The other one is from a book published in the nineties, there's no reference to paedophilia and it was quoted to illustrate my point that LMcA is primarily a business man.

Paedophilia has been central to the abduction courtesy of the parents themselves. So it's not surprising this sex/horror/fairytale was lapped up by a public used to this kind of output from TV and films.
I'm not interested in sexual behaviour the group because it's not central to the case imo, it cannot be proved one way or the other and I don't think it was the reason for Maddie's disappearance.
But her parents have published photographs of Maddie which are at best in bad taste and their constant suggestion that she was abducted by a paedophile who is treating her well imo feeds the publicity with their very own horror movie.
It's not surprising that this aspect is widely discussed as it's initiated and kept alive by the parents themselves.

I'm far more interested in conflicting statements of the group and the fact that e.g. Dr. Payne could not have been in two or three places at once. That's a lot easier to prove.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Southgate 24.11.12 13:47

tcat wrote:
Jean wrote:Blacksmith is having a real rant about people on forums in his latest pile of bile.

You yourself said something not very nice about him at the top of this very page, Jean.

Jean commented about losing credibility. To suggest that Jeans comments were "not very nice" is disproportionate. She wasn't abusive and neither did she make a personal comment about Blacksmith, just an observation about the effects of his comments on his credibility. Her comments were measured.
Bob Southgate
Bob Southgate

Activity : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.12 13:55

Thank you Bob.

I feel sure that the majority of people would not agree with someone who appears to be saying that he has no problem with paedophilia.

If he is not saying that, let's hope he will clarify his comments.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.12 16:14

Jean wrote:Thank you Bob.

I feel sure that the majority of people would not agree with someone who appears to be saying that he has no problem with paedophilia.

Are there enough good writers on our side of the case for us to be so silly as to create meaningless fights with them? You certainly seem intent on provoking him with your choice of wording.

And btw he's not only good, he's the best. So what's the point of fighting with our friends?

I know he and Tony have had their differences but just four weeks ago Blacksmith wrote an article strongly supporting him - so what's the point of attacking him now?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Olive_Boyle 24.11.12 16:32

I like Blacksmith a lot. His latest article articulates how I feel about this forum (which I am incapable of).

If people cannot understand his dry wit, sarcasm and dark humour etc. then maybe they shouldn't read his blog.

I wonder why I come here sometimes - in particular since the Jimmy Savile stuff it does feel like I'm reading the David Icke forum. I cringe so badly and avoid so many topics.

The paranoia on here is rife.

And the libelling of Lord McAlpine was truely discusting and if he comes after any of you I have no sympathy. To accuse a man of being a paedophile when he isn't is worse than sick!

Its a shame because I would like to see justice for MM. I think it scares many people with a healthy interest in the case from staying and contributing.

Before the usual suspects get on their high horse telling me to get lost, I am only saying this as I'd like the forum to get back to having threads that I enjoyed reading and anyway I don't know where else to go.
Olive_Boyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Olive_Boyle 24.11.12 16:42

Why should he have to clarify his points to you? Its you that doesn't understand the meaning of them. Its clear to me that he isn't saying that. At all.
Olive_Boyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.12 17:05

Olive_Boyle wrote:I like Blacksmith a lot. His latest article articulates how I feel about this forum (which I am incapable of).

If people cannot understand his dry wit, sarcasm and dark humour etc. then maybe they shouldn't read his blog.

I wonder why I come here sometimes - in particular since the Jimmy Savile stuff it does feel like I'm reading the David Icke forum. I cringe so badly and avoid so many topics.

The paranoia on here is rife.

And the libelling of Lord McAlpine was truely discusting and if he comes after any of you I have no sympathy. To accuse a man of being a paedophile when he isn't is worse than sick!

Its a shame because I would like to see justice for MM. I think it scares many people with a healthy interest in the case from staying and contributing.

Before the usual suspects get on their high horse telling me to get lost, I am only saying this as I'd like the forum to get back to having threads that I enjoyed reading and anyway I don't know where else to go.

As a member it doesn't feel good to have possibly posted something that made you cringe. Everyone has an opinion. Perhaps you should speak up on each thread as you did so openly on this one.

Threads don't just happen, they usually begin with a lot of study and research. If it seems like there is a lull it may be because people are busy, in my case it's true. You're a member here too so do feel free to start your own topics or to debate others. That's what this forum seems to be about.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Southgate 24.11.12 17:12

Olive_Boyle wrote:

Why should he have to clarify his points to you? Its you that doesn't understand the meaning of them. Its clear to me that he isn't saying that. At all.

A good writer would be able to put their points across without the need for clarification from their readers. Dismissing someone (albeit covertly) as stupid because they asked for clarification raises question marks about your levels of tolerance. You would make a poor teacher with an attitude like that.
Bob Southgate
Bob Southgate

Activity : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 24.11.12 17:14

Olive_Boyle wrote:

Why should he have to clarify his points to you? Did Jean ever say that he should clarify his points to her? No. Its you that doesn't understand the meaning of them. His statements in this particular post appear to leave little margin for alternative interpretation. Its clear to me that he isn't saying that. At all. However, since you have obviously found one, tell us what is it he is saying exactly?

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Olive_Boyle 24.11.12 17:15

My problem is that I feel like I'm either passive or agressive Finn. Its difficult for me to find the middle ground. I am not the best with words.

I try to avoid posting when I read something that I don't agree with as I just want to be rude.

I used to like reading here though but as I said its been hard to find anything that ain't off the scale recently.
Olive_Boyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Olive_Boyle 24.11.12 17:18

Ribisl wrote:
Olive_Boyle wrote:

Why should he have to clarify his points to you? Did Jean ever say that he should clarify his points to her? No. Its you that doesn't understand the meaning of them. His statements in this particular post appear to leave little margin for alternative interpretation. Its clear to me that he isn't saying that. At all. However, since you have obviously found one, tell us what is it he is saying exactly?

Ok I'll say what I was really thinking ...

If you are too thick to understand what he said then that is your problem. I ain't explaining it either.
Olive_Boyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Olive_Boyle 24.11.12 17:24

Bob Southgate wrote:
Olive_Boyle wrote:

A good writer would be able to put their points across without the need for clarification from their readers. Dismissing someone (albeit covertly) as stupid because they asked for clarification raises question marks about your levels of tolerance. You would make a poor teacher with an attitude like that.

Yep very true, which is why I would never conisder the profession. Most of my teachers were useless anyway - which might explain my poorly educated choice of words.

The thing is Blacksmith writes a blog. Does he have to explain himself? He hasn't posted on a forum where he might be expected to.
Olive_Boyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Olive_Boyle 24.11.12 17:26

I love the use of a different colour typeface, makes a post so much more exciting. Although I was always told it is "rude" to write in red ink.
Olive_Boyle

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum