The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Find Madeleine Fund Accounts Mm11

The Find Madeleine Fund Accounts Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Find Madeleine Fund Accounts Mm11

The Find Madeleine Fund Accounts Regist10

The Find Madeleine Fund Accounts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Find Madeleine Fund Accounts Empty The Find Madeleine Fund Accounts

Post by Guest 17.11.12 20:45

Just seen this tweet on the Mccann hashtag, I have made it annonymous, but what do you think??..........

[email=P******‏@P]P******‏@P[/email]*******

The Find Madeleine Fund Accounts are the business of no one other than The #McCann s and The Taxman. Does anyone have a problem with this?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Find Madeleine Fund Accounts Empty Re: The Find Madeleine Fund Accounts

Post by tigger 17.11.12 20:53

candyfloss wrote:Just seen this tweet on the Mccann hashtag, I have made it annonymous, but what do you think??..........

The Find Madeleine Fund Accounts are the business of no one other than The #McCann s and The Taxman. Does anyone have a problem with this?

Well yes, I do have a problem with that. It was supposed to be transparent and all transactions therefore should have been publicly available. The accounts of the Missing People charity is a good example of such transparency. The Madeleine Fund isn't.

People who have donated to the Fund are entitled to find their money has been responsibly spent.

The accounts of the Madeleine Fund will only be their and the taxman's business once it no longer accepts donations.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.11.12 20:58

Let me think..

A strange story of an abduction
A firm tendency to control the investigation, the media and any doubters who exercise the right of free speech
Collecting funds from the public and not disclosing how they're spent
Appearing on our tv's and newspapers every 5 minutes whining about themselves

Nah, it's none of our business.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.11.12 21:06

Finn wrote:Let me think..

A strange story of an abduction
A firm tendency to control the investigation, the media and any doubters who exercise the right of free speech
Collecting funds from the public and not disclosing how they're spent
Appearing on our tv's and newspapers every 5 minutes whining about themselves

Nah, it's none of our business.
Something like that, yes. Aren't we stupid to ask all these questions ... ?
spin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.11.12 22:46

This has to be the work of a devout McCann supporter - is it Pam again?!

For the benefit of new members here's an interesting report into the fund.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Southgate 17.11.12 23:17

From page 138 of Kate's book:-

"'From the outset, everyone agreed that, despite the costs involved, it (the Fund) must be run to the highest standards of transparency.'

Do we know the source of the tweet above?
Bob Southgate
Bob Southgate

Activity : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 17.11.12 23:33

The tweeter whoever he/she may be, clearly hasn't read p.138 of Kate's truthful book in which she promised accountability and transparency of the Fund whatever it cost.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Southgate 17.11.12 23:35

pauline wrote:The tweeter whoever he/she may be, clearly hasn't read p.138 of Kate's truthful book in which she promised accountability and transparency of the Fund whatever it cost.

Sadly the public have been denied that transparency.
Bob Southgate
Bob Southgate

Activity : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.11.12 23:39

Bob Southgate wrote:From page 138 of Kate's book:-

"'From the outset, everyone agreed that, despite the costs involved, it (the Fund) must be run to the highest standards of transparency.'

Bob, it was tweeted in response to this tweet on the #McCann hashtag...................

D***** @D*****

fund accounts to 31/3/2012 are due soon. Since there will be no payments for Detectives or Advertising, they will be interesting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 18.11.12 4:54

candyfloss wrote:
Bob Southgate wrote:From page 138 of Kate's book:-

Bob, it was tweeted in response to this tweet on the #McCann hashtag...................

D***** @D*****

fund accounts to 31/3/2012 are due soon. Since there will be no payments for Detectives or Advertising, they will be interesting.

Did Kate keep true to her words - "highest standards of transparency"? I have not seen it yet.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 18.11.12 4:59

candyfloss wrote:Just seen this tweet on the Mccann hashtag, I have made it annonymous, but what do you think??..........

YES! Because when they begged for Funds they promised there will be total transparency.
And, the public gave on their promise that the Fund will be used strictly for the Search for Maddie.

Had they told the Public it was none of any one's business except that of mccanns and taxman, then it would have been a different matter altogether. The public would have thought twice before parting with their money.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 18.11.12 5:15

tigger wrote:

Well yes, I do have a problem with that. It was supposed to be transparent and all transactions therefore should have been publicly available. The accounts of the Missing People charity is a good example of such transparency. The Madeleine Fund isn't.

People who have donated to the Fund are entitled to find their money has been responsibly spent.

The accounts of the Madeleine Fund will only be their and the taxman's business once it no longer accepts donations.

People who have donated to the Fund are not legally entitled, they are only legally entitled to minimal account reporting (if they bother to ask for it) if my understanding is correct. That doesn't alter the fact that morally one would expect the transparent accounting that is advocated by the Fund itself and endorsed by KM.

So, yes, I have a problem with it. There is also another consideration in the 'bigger picture'. KM is an ambassador for Missing People which is a charity and complies with the required financial reporting of a charitable institution. If KM doesn't see that Madeleine's Fund is imo not adopting 'best practice' even if it is not required to do so then that is something which needs to be addresse and is open to completely understandable criticism. The McCanns have had so much money poured into the Fund which hasn't found Madeleine despite the procurement and favours of the elite teams of lawyers/pr consultants/crack investigators et al to no effect as yet - other than to send (and this is only my opinion) a message to anyone with missing/abducted children/general benevolent public that you need millions to find your child. Add to this the cost of searching for Madeleine paid by the UK taxpayers it's no wonder to me that the forthcoming/looming accounts submission at the end of this year might prompt a knee jerk reaction from supporters to say 'mind your own business'. That's the point though really - Madeleine is a business.

Just my opinion.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 19.11.12 8:26

But isn't it the case that many have donated on the understanding that it would be transparently clear exactly how their donations would be spent.

In many cases money may have been donated because of this information given out by the board members of the Company.
I myself like to donate where there are clear accounts available - e.g. Oxfam had to clean up and change their spending policies some years ago as a very large proportion of the money went to administration and salaries.
This is also the case with 'Missing People' who employ (despite having many volunteers) a large number of staff at fairly high salaries.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum