The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Outrage at Frankie Boyle's offensive Madeleine McCann comment on Twitter - Page 2 Mm11

Outrage at Frankie Boyle's offensive Madeleine McCann comment on Twitter - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Outrage at Frankie Boyle's offensive Madeleine McCann comment on Twitter - Page 2 Mm11

Outrage at Frankie Boyle's offensive Madeleine McCann comment on Twitter - Page 2 Regist10

Outrage at Frankie Boyle's offensive Madeleine McCann comment on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Outrage at Frankie Boyle's offensive Madeleine McCann comment on Twitter - Page 2 Empty Re: Outrage at Frankie Boyle's offensive Madeleine McCann comment on Twitter

Post by Liz Eagles 16.10.12 8:24

It was a pretty tasteless joke imo, especially if the Mc's were backstage. I wonder why they were backstage?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Outrage at Frankie Boyle's offensive Madeleine McCann comment on Twitter - Page 2 Empty Re: Outrage at Frankie Boyle's offensive Madeleine McCann comment on Twitter

Post by Guest 16.10.12 8:57

I'm sure that was a joke about them being backstage, Aquila.

An interesting comment indeed about the changing attitudes towards the case. Articles sceptical about the story were beginning to appear but then it seems that journalists were sent on a reprogramming course to toe the line.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 16.10.12 9:09

Jean wrote:I'm sure that was a joke about them being backstage, Aquila.

An interesting comment indeed about the changing attitudes towards the case. Articles sceptical about the story were beginning to appear but then it seems that journalists were sent on a reprogramming course to toe the line.

Thanks Jean, my old brain doesn't work too well in the morning. I see the meaning of the backstage joke now.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 16.10.12 9:14

Mr Sherborne said Boyle's humour was "deliberately challenging".
He said the comic did not object to being criticised but did object to being described as racist.
"Saying 'vile' or 'offensive', or his material is 'vile' or 'offensive', is one thing," Mr Sherborne told the jury.
"He realises that that goes with the territory, so to speak.

So it is apparently OK to call people Vile and Offensive.
Glad he has cleared that up.
I have a little list.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly 16.10.12 20:11

aquila wrote:It was a pretty tasteless joke imo, especially if the Mc's were backstage. I wonder why they were backstage?

Is all down to everyone's perception on things Aquilla , If he had been mocking Madeleine as a person I would agree, I felt He was mocking her parents ,
Frankie boyle's starbuck joke I wasn't offended by. yet I always found Heather Mills jokes about her leg was in poor taste by all comedians , yet the public seemed ok with that,

The most sickest vilest thing I have read /heard about Madeleine was not to come out of the mouth of any comedian or FRANKIE BOYLE but was by........................... her own mother Kate Mccann's disgusting description of Madeleine in her infamous book, even if she was thinking that, she did not need to describe that in a book for however many readers worldwide and for her brother and sister to read when their older, That is the vilest thing Ive ever heard ...... Kates own words .............

dragonfly
dragonfly

Activity : 367

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 22.10.12 14:43

Frankie Boyle has won his case against the Mirror and been awarded £50,400 in damages. Unsurpriingly, Maddie's name came up in court during the libel trial.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 28.10.12 17:17

butterfly23 wrote:this is just typical frankie boyle- this is his style of '' humour'' these days- he just makes sick & innappropriate comments about things- he does it all the time now- to those who will still listen to him- but not as many do listen now- he may still get big crowds at shows- but thats about the only way he is seen- he seems banned from tv due to how offensive he is- & sadly thats the only way he can attempt to be ''funny'' now.... by making controversial comments & causing a bit more outrage.....!!!
And why not? We NEED more outrage in the UK, apathy is the scourge that allows cover-ups eg So-vile, others we can think of......
I'd also like to respectfully disagree with you re Frankie being 'banned' from the BBC etc. Unless I am very much mistaken, he left Mock the Week because he was sick and tired of his material on what is supposed to be an edgy and satirical comedy cut. I went to see him at the end of August and I can assure you his material is NOT all offensive - adult yes, but he is one clever man... You don't watch Frankie expecting 'Knock Knock' or 'Why did the chicken...' type jokes. To be frank, this reminds me of the Ross/Brand affair. VERY few complaints were received about what they did, UNTIL the media ran with it people who'd never SEEN the show complained. True sheeple mentality.
To see Frankie's tweets you surely must be following him? Don't understand.

Other thoughts on him leaving the BBC;
Maybe he was aware of the corruption, P.I.E connections etc and didn't like it at all OR
Maybe he and Dara 'the McCann's are Gods' O' Briain clashed? Because something tells me Mr Boyle has not fallen for the 'abduction by stranger' hypothesis one iota.

I sympathise over the 'racist' accusation. A couple of months back a jumped-up little girl accused me on Fb of being racist over something I jokingly said to my niece. My youngest son is half Turkish, how on earth would he even be here if I was 'racist'
Political correctness and apathy are cancers in society that really need cutting out and soon.

Oh, and Jean, thank you for the good luck! You know how much I love Frankie Wink

______

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 28.10.12 17:52

rainbow-fairy wrote:
butterfly23 wrote:this is just typical frankie boyle- this is his style of '' humour'' these days- he just makes sick & innappropriate comments about things- he does it all the time now- to those who will still listen to him- but not as many do listen now- he may still get big crowds at shows- but thats about the only way he is seen- he seems banned from tv due to how offensive he is- & sadly thats the only way he can attempt to be ''funny'' now.... by making controversial comments & causing a bit more outrage.....!!!
And why not? We NEED more outrage in the UK, apathy is the scourge that allows cover-ups eg So-vile, others we can think of......
I'd also like to respectfully disagree with you re Frankie being 'banned' from the BBC etc. Unless I am very much mistaken, he left Mock the Week because he was sick and tired of his material on what is supposed to be an edgy and satirical comedy cut. I went to see him at the end of August and I can assure you his material is NOT all offensive - adult yes, but he is one clever man... You don't watch Frankie expecting 'Knock Knock' or 'Why did the chicken...' type jokes. To be frank, this reminds me of the Ross/Brand affair. VERY few complaints were received about what they did, UNTIL the media ran with it people who'd never SEEN the show complained. True sheeple mentality.

Maybe he was aware of the corruption, P.I.E connections etc and didn't like it at all OR
Maybe he and Dara 'the McCann's are Gods' O' Briain clashed? Because something tells me Mr Boyle has not fallen for the 'abduction by stranger' hypothesis one iota.

I sympathise over the 'racist' accusation. A couple of months back a jumped-up little girl accused me on Fb of being racist over something I jokingly said to my niece. My youngest son is half Turkish, how on earth would he even be here if I was 'racist'
Political correctness and apathy are cancers in society that really need cutting out and soon.

Oh, and Jean, thank you for the good luck! You know how much I love Frankie Wink

______

I wish there were more comedians like Frankie Boyle who are not afraid to ridicule the follies of our society. They shouldn't have to be afraid of being prosecuted for it.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 09.03.13 18:48

Ribisl wrote:
rainbow-fairy wrote:

______

I wish there were more comedians like Frankie Boyle who are not afraid to ridicule the follies of our society. They shouldn't have to be afraid of being prosecuted for it.

My opinion probably won't be very well received amongst some here but here goes. Frankie Boyle is part of the 'Establishment'

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 09.03.13 20:58

He's from the same background as Gerry & family.

Same hood, same school, his folks came from exact same wee place in N. Ireland (Crolly) as the McCann family (Eileen).

I Get a bit fed up of all these coincidences me. Outrage at Frankie Boyle's offensive Madeleine McCann comment on Twitter - Page 2 160807

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Outrage at Frankie Boyle's offensive Madeleine McCann comment on Twitter - Page 2 Empty Frank Boyle

Post by iluvpelageya 10.03.13 3:07

On a previous occasion the comedian referred to Madeleine during a stage show in Liverpool – Mrs McCann's home town – reportedly leading a number of people to walk out of the theatre.

There's UK journalism for you. "Reportedly". That means not a single person walked out. If anybody did leave the auditorium, they were heading for the toilets, because they had p1ssed themselves laughing.

Tom Franklin, of Kibworth, saw the tweet soon after it appeared yesterday morning.

Forgive my ignorance. I have figured out that Kibworth must be Kibworth Beauchamp (Don't forget to pronounce it Beecham) in Leicestershire. But who is Tom Franklin?

Mr Franklin said: "I support the principle of freedom of speech, but this remark went well beyond what is acceptable."

There's contradiction for you: if you support the principle of free speech, then nothing said can be uncacceptable.

"This is the kind of comedy which scapegoats people who cannot speak for themselves, either because of their circumstances or because they don't have the economic muscle that the Frankie Boyles of this world have."

They not only speak for themselves, they hire Clarence Mitchell to speak for them.

My son is a fan of Frank Boyle, played me a DVD of one of his live shows. I was creased up.

It was not yet evening. I was tired. I lay down and fell asleep.
In my dream I saw my raven-black stallion dancing uncontrollably, playing tricks beneath the saddle.
Then came an evil wind from the east, which tore the black hat off my wild head.
My yesaul was wise, and interpreted my dream for me.
"Ah," he said, "you are going to lose your wild head."
iluvpelageya

Activity : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 10.03.13 20:47

What a small world.

Unknown

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.08.13 19:12

Belated link to an article from October 2012 which I agree with.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/jane-devine-when-offence-causes-legal-action-our-freedom-of-speech-is-at-risk-1-2603297
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top