The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 Mm11

Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 Mm11

Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 Regist10

Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011

Post by Lady-Heather 23.07.12 23:36

Spaniel wrote:
Lady-Heather wrote:This is ridiculous, in it's entirety. This is your price, thus far for freedom of speech? Bring it on! there is no silencing those, like us, who will continue to question, to read, to form opinions which we will pass on to our friends & colleagues. The money may run out (yours too), but the publicity, the questioning will not. I will not stop asking, until the truth is told. If not on this forum, then the next. This will not end, the truth will not be buried.
That is all. Good luck.

Fighting talk Lady- Heather. So do you have a home to lose as Tony does?
Is that some kind of threat, Spaniel? Or constructive comment? It is difficult (though to me quite obvious...), to tell.
Lady-Heather
Lady-Heather

Activity : 138

Back to top Go down

Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011

Post by Tony Bennett 23.07.12 23:59

Lady-Heather wrote:
Spaniel wrote:
Lady-Heather wrote:This is ridiculous, in it's entirety. This is your price, thus far for freedom of speech? Bring it on! there is no silencing those, like us, who will continue to question, to read, to form opinions which we will pass on to our friends & colleagues. The money may run out (yours too), but the publicity, the questioning will not. I will not stop asking, until the truth is told. If not on this forum, then the next. This will not end, the truth will not be buried.
That is all. Good luck.

Is that some kind of threat, Spaniel? Or constructive comment? It is difficult (though to me quite obvious...), to tell.
Hey! Please don't fall out over my home. Technically, I only have half my home to lose, as I only own half of it. Plus of course all of my savings.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 24.07.12 0:17

Lady-Heather wrote:
Spaniel wrote:
That is all. Good luck.

Heaven forbid! Can anyone here see a threat in this sentence of mine?

"So do you have a home to lose as Tony does?"

The point is lady H, that your fighting talk is all well and good if you are sitting in rented accomodation and and living off the state with no savings. Then you can spout all you like without financial risk.

Tony has both a home and savings at risk.
Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 24.07.12 0:25

Lady-Heather wrote:
Spaniel wrote:
That is all. Good luck.

It's either difficult or obvious love, make your mind up.
Spaniel
Spaniel

Back to top Go down

Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 Empty seen this definition

Post by justathought 24.07.12 0:31

There are two rules that natural justice is concerned with. These are the rule against bias (nemo iudex in causa sua) and the right to a fair hearing (audi alteram partem).
justathought

Activity : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 24.07.12 0:35

Tony Bennett wrote:
Lady-Heather wrote:
Spaniel wrote:
That is all. Good luck.

Hey! Please don't fall out over my home. Technically, I only have half my home to lose, as I only own half of it. Plus of course all of my savings.

So Tenants in Common Tony, it's still your cash !
Spaniel
Spaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Heather 24.07.12 9:23

Spaniel wrote:
Lady-Heather wrote:
Spaniel wrote:
That is all. Good luck.

Heaven forbid! Can anyone here see a threat in this sentence of mine?

"So do you have a home to lose as Tony does?"

The point is lady H, that your fighting talk is all well and good if you are sitting in rented accomodation and and living off the state with no savings. Then you can spout all you like without financial risk.

Tony has both a home and savings at risk.

Apologies 'love'. I thought you were suggesting that I should not bother and forget all about it. Because if I didn't, I risked losing my home/savings. Now, who would benefit from that? not Madeleine that's for sure.

And last time I checked, there was no law against reading published material, asking questions, and refusing to believe what's 'spouted' by the media.
Lady-Heather
Lady-Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.07.12 9:25

I certainly think that Team McCann would not be wasting their "valuable time and resources" on someone without a penny to their name. In my opinion, this has been a money-making venture right from the start with the setting up of the fund.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick 24.07.12 11:06

Jean wrote:I certainly think that Team McCann would not be wasting their "valuable time and resources" on someone without a penny to their name. In my opinion, this has been a money-making venture right from the start with the setting up of the fund.

I'm sure their private investigators have the means to delve into their targets financial situation to find out if they're worth suing.
happychick
happychick

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by cath2756 24.07.12 15:42

happychick wrote:
Jean wrote:I certainly think that Team McCann would not be wasting their "valuable time and resources" on someone without a penny to their name. In my opinion, this has been a money-making venture right from the start with the setting up of the fund.

I'm sure their private investigators have the means to delve into their targets financial situation to find out if they're worth suing.

No idea if I am doing this properly as it is my first post. Not sure if the logistics of this would work but it crossed my mind that the forum could maybe have a 'Donate' button and any money raised could be used to help the Carter Ruck casualties? I also have a question - If at a future time new eveidence, in whatever form, was brought to light which resulted in charges being brought against the parents, would the likes of Tony be entitled to compensation, would he have to counter sue or what? Seems to me CR are jumping the gun a bit.

Again, apologies if this appears in wrong place or if my question doesn't make sense Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 505735234
cath2756

Activity : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 24.07.12 17:07

cath2756 wrote:
happychick wrote:

No idea if I am doing this properly as it is my first post. Not sure if the logistics of this would work but it crossed my mind that the forum could maybe have a 'Donate' button and any money raised could be used to help the Carter Ruck casualties? I also have a question - If at a future time new eveidence, in whatever form, was brought to light which resulted in charges being brought against the parents, would the likes of Tony be entitled to compensation, would he have to counter sue or what? Seems to me CR are jumping the gun a bit.

Again, apologies if this appears in wrong place or if my question doesn't make sense Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 505735234

Hi cath2756, and welcome. Yes it makes perfect sense, but I don't know the answer, but there are posters on here who will yes

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by markus1976 24.07.12 20:38

I am surprised that Tony being an ex solicitor did not realise that if you libel someone you will be sued.
markus1976

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.07.12 20:41

What some people with guilty consciences would call libel, others would call pointing out information that needs to be in the public domain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 Empty Keep 'em coming!

Post by Tony Bennett 24.07.12 20:45

markus1976 wrote:I am surprised that Tony being an ex solicitor did not realise that if you libel someone you will be sued.
Only of course if those who claim they have been libelled have the wealth (or guaranteed financial backing) to be able to do it. You know, like Robert Maxwell, Trafigura, The Church of Scientology, and MacAnthony Realty International...

To lose your life savings in a property deal is bad enough. To be threatened with legal action if you tell others about it only rubs salt into the wound.

That's why protesters this week descended on the offices of libel lawyers Carter-Ruck, before presenting a petition to 10 Downing Street.

They represent MacAnthony Realty International, or MRI, a property firm that has flogged apartments across the world from Bulgaria to Portugal and Florida.

The protesters say that years after paying for their apartments, some have still not been built, others lack promised facilities such as swimming pools, furniture has not been delivered and rental deals don't exist.

MRI was founded by Peterborough United owner Darragh MacAnthony, and brought
in the lawyers as the complaints mounted.

One of those who received Carter-Ruck letters was Tracy Carrington, of Biggin Hill, Kent, who was told that MRI claimed damages from her of up to £100,000 because of her online posts. "Given the gravity of the situation, we would once again urge you to seek legal advice at the very earliest ­opportunity," it wrote.

Tracy had paid a £39,000 deposit on two properties in Bulgaria after being assured that getting a mortgage for the balance wouldn't be a problem.

But the finance never came through and besides losing her deposit, debt collectors have turned up at her front door demanding the balance from her.

As far as we know, none of the threats by Carter-Ruck to sue MRI victims have come to anything.

But that didn't stop those on the receiving end being terrified by the threats.

"We're ordinary people who just want a voice, just want to be listened to," said Tracy.

A request by three protestors to meet Carter-Ruck lawyers was rejected.

Solicitor Isabel Hudson of Carter-Ruck said: "Libel complaints have been made only where unjustified attacks have been made on the company's reputation."

markus1976, thanks so much for joining us here, I'm really looking forward to lots more penetrating observations from you in future - so concise, and yet so very profound at the same time (if I may be so bold). Keep 'em coming!

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by markus1976 24.07.12 20:52

Jean wrote:What some people with guilty consciences would call libel, others would call pointing out information that needs to be in the public domain.

No. Libel is defined in law.

Basically you cannot say anything you like about someone unless you can show it to be true. Tony now has the opportunity to show in court that he has proof to back up his accusations. He could have taken the legal advice he was given by Kirwens but he didn't.
markus1976

Back to top Go down

Post by markus1976 24.07.12 20:55

Tony Bennett wrote:
markus1976 wrote:I am surprised that Tony being an ex solicitor did not realise that if you libel someone you will be sued.
Only of course if those who claim they have been libelled have the wealth (or guaranteed financial backing) to be able to do it. You know, like Robert Maxwell, Trafigura...

Wrong again Tony. Didn't two very poor individuals take on Mcdonalds and beat them. It's about sticking to the truth when you criticise people and not dressing up your own opinions as fact.
markus1976

Back to top Go down

Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 Empty Measure up, lad

Post by Tony Bennett 24.07.12 21:01

markus1976 wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Only of course if those who claim they have been libelled have the wealth (or guaranteed financial backing) to be able to do it. You know, like Robert Maxwell, Trafigura...

Wrong again Tony. Didn't two very poor individuals take on McDonalds and beat them. It's about sticking to the truth when you criticise people and not dressing up your own opinions as fact.
Er, no. You have disappointed me already, markus1976, after such a bright start as well. McDonalds (being wealthy as I just pointed out above) sued the two students (poorer than me) who dared to hand out a few leaflets. And by the way, MacDonalds were awarded £40,000 damages against the two students, so you were 100% wrong in saying the students 'beat' them.

On this board, we like people who check their facts, like providing full details of dogs' alerts, many examples of obvious contradictions, analysing those creche records, 'outing' shady people like Antonio Gimenez Raso and Kevin Halligen who get mysteriously taken on to look for Madeleine, and so on.

Measure up, lad, if you want to stay on here

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 24.07.12 21:45

Tony Bennett wrote:
markus1976 wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Wrong again Tony. Didn't two very poor individuals take on McDonalds and beat them. It's about sticking to the truth when you criticise people and not dressing up your own opinions as fact.
Er, no. You have disappointed me already, markus1976, after such a bright start as well. McDonalds (being wealthy as I just pointed out above) sued the two students (poorer than me) who dared to hand out a few leaflets. And by the way, MacDonalds were awarded £40,000 damages against the two students, so you were 100% wrong in saying the students 'beat' them.

On this board, we like people who check their facts, like providing full details of dogs' alerts, many examples of obvious contradictions, analysing those creche records, 'outing' shady people like Antonio Gimenez Raso and Kevin Halligen who get mysteriously taken on to look for Madeleine, and so on.

BRAVO TONY, keep 'em coming ! Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 259100 Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 259100 Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 259100
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 24.07.12 21:46

Tony Bennett wrote:
markus1976 wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Take care Tony, you are being goaded to say more than is wise.
Very best wishes.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.07.12 21:50

I had this one's card marked from the day he arrived!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by justathought 24.07.12 21:51

Tony Bennett wrote:
markus1976 wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Mr Bennett
As I understand matters you are a solicitor and therefore will be able to defend yourself in the witness box, in a very professional fashion.

No doubt CR will cross examine you and may indeed ask you some leading and inflammatory questions. Possibly to put you off your guard. If so, maybe be more "measured" in your replies. Unlike tonight, where you appear to have been quick to react, to similar types of questions and apparent goading.
justathought

Activity : 164

Back to top Go down

Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 Empty Mama don´t go, Daddy come home, just a song from John Lennon to explain the anguish of his loss

Post by Invinoveritas 24.07.12 22:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eto7S-oBErk&feature=relmfu

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Heather 24.07.12 22:21

Did Tony say anything inaccurate or libellous? Why can't he state his opinions?
Lady-Heather
Lady-Heather

Back to top Go down

Carter-Ruck registered anonymously as a member on this forum on 8 August 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re Keep Em Coming

Post by cath2756 24.07.12 22:25

Not sure if you can but please don't reply to the link I'm posting as it concerns MacAnthony but is on a private Forum http://www.top-forums.com/forum/showthread.php?28958-Property-Show-gt-gt-gt-was-asked-to-Leave&highlight=darrah+mcanthony

Tony Bennett wrote:
Only of course if those who claim they have been libelled have the wealth (or guaranteed financial backing) to be able to do it. You know, like Robert Maxwell, Trafigura, The Church of Scientology, and MacAnthony Realty International...

To lose your life savings in a property deal is bad enough. To be threatened with legal action if you tell others about it only rubs salt into the wound.

That's why protesters this week descended on the offices of libel lawyers Carter-Ruck, before presenting a petition to 10 Downing Street.

They represent MacAnthony Realty International, or MRI, a property firm that has flogged apartments across the world from Bulgaria to Portugal and Florida.

The protesters say that years after paying for their apartments, some have still not been built, others lack promised facilities such as swimming pools, furniture has not been delivered and rental deals don't exist.

One of those who received Carter-Ruck letters was Tracy Carrington, of Biggin Hill, Kent, who was told that MRI claimed damages from her of up to £100,000 because of her online posts. "Given the gravity of the situation, we would once again urge you to seek legal advice at the very earliest ­opportunity," it wrote.

Tracy had paid a £39,000 deposit on two properties in Bulgaria after being assured that getting a mortgage for the balance wouldn't be a problem.

But the finance never came through and besides losing her deposit, debt collectors have turned up at her front door demanding the balance from her.

As far as we know, none of the threats by Carter-Ruck to sue MRI victims have come to anything.

"We're ordinary people who just want a voice, just want to be listened to," said Tracy.

Solicitor Isabel Hudson of Carter-Ruck said: "Libel complaints have been made only where unjustified attacks have been made on the company's reputation."

markus1976, thanks so much for joining us here, I'm really looking forward to lots more penetrating observations from you in future - so concise, and yet so very profound at the same time (if I may be so bold). Keep 'em coming!
cath2756

Back to top Go down

Post by cath2756 24.07.12 22:28

cath2756 wrote:Not sure if you can but please don't reply to the link I'm posting as it concerns MacAnthony but is on a private Forum http://www.top-forums.com/forum/showthread.php?28958-Property-Show-gt-gt-gt-was-asked-to-Leave&highlight=darrah+mcanthony

http://www.top-forums.com/forum/showthread.php?27424-quot-Home-buyers-stung-for-place-in-the-sun-quot&highlight=macanthony

Tony Bennett wrote:

cath2756

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top