The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Anyone seen this photo before? - Page 3 Mm11

Anyone seen this photo before? - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Anyone seen this photo before? - Page 3 Mm11

Anyone seen this photo before? - Page 3 Regist10

Anyone seen this photo before?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone seen this photo before? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by Ribisl 25.09.12 22:39

Jean wrote:I'm not 100% sure that is a cuddlecat, it could be some other pink cuddly toy. There are certainly no photos of Madeleine with what is undoubtedly a cuddlecat.
Maybe I see a furry ear if I squint enough but it could easily be a pink towel.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She was photographed more than once with a brown monkey(?) though, which seems to have been her favourite toy.

Then we get these

lol4

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Anyone seen this photo before? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by Guest 25.09.12 22:44

Cuddlecat was nowhere to be seen prior to 3rd May but it certainly was everywhere thereafter!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I still haven't really grasped what was the idea behind it.

It makes me cringe to see the twins being paraded round with one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 25.09.12 23:01

Perhaps it was actually Amelie's cuddle toy.

Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 25.09.12 23:06

Jean wrote:Cuddlecat was nowhere to be seen prior to 3rd May but it certainly was everywhere thereafter!

I can believe it was given to her when she was born but then it became an effective marketing prop, pure and simple. It's the mentality of the parents who instigated such a campaign that I have real difficulty grasping.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.09.12 23:37

I have a girl, she has 5 cuddle toys that she can not sleep without. Among this is a cuddle cow, much like cuddle cat .. And that is her absolute favorite and she can not sleep without it at all, but she can with the others as long as she has cuddlecow , after a little struggle , she ofcourse prefer to have them all :)

Anyway, on day time cuddle cow is not the one she walks around with. Then she has the other four in a bundle, a princess purple small pillow and a hello kitty teddy. Cuddle cow is holy and remains safely in her bed or a safe hidding place, at sleep overs and holidays cuddle cow is her first choice to bring, because she can not bring all her cuddle toys ..we need space too lol :)

I have no picture of her with cuddle cow, but I have with the other cuddle toys..

I,m not suggesting anything, just saying that not everything is weird, children can have weird habits and addictions to cuddle toys :)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 26.09.12 1:39

Jean wrote:Cuddlecat was nowhere to be seen prior to 3rd May but it certainly was everywhere thereafter!

It makes me cringe to see the twins being paraded round with one.

This is the truth of it, has anyone seen any of their kids with a cuddle cat before 3rd May? In all those photos spanning over 4 years there is not one single one of any child with a cuddle cat. Not from children we know about that is

What they did though is produce one on May 4th, then a week later registered the domain name for it!! Together with the public limited fund and applied to have Maddie be under the guardianship of Lord Hogg as a Ward of Court. If Maddie did ever reappear then the mccanns have no say, she is under the guardianship of the UK courts, they gave her up as quickly as she disappeared.

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 26.09.12 1:49

This might be a cuddle cat in this photo but this is kate mccann many years before PDL and with a boy! Never in a million years is this child Maddie or Sean...its someone else. Would make sense if this child is why a cuddle cat is so precious to kate mccann

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 26.09.12 7:00

jd wrote:This might be a cuddle cat in this photo but this is kate mccann many years before PDL and with a boy! Never in a million years is this child Maddie or Sean...its someone else. Would make sense if this child is why a cuddle cat is so precious to kate mccann
I don't know why you say that jd. To me this is clearly a photo of Kate and baby Madeleine with a pink cuddlecat (most likely)/towel/blanket. Because of the MCs' campaign to misinform and confuse, aren't we sometimes seeing things that are perhaps not there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 26.09.12 7:08

Moa wrote:I have a girl, she has 5 cuddle toys that she can not sleep without. Among this is a cuddle cow, much like cuddle cat .. And that is her absolute favorite and she can not sleep without it at all, but she can with the others as long as she has cuddlecow , after a little struggle , she ofcourse prefer to have them all :)

Anyway, on day time cuddle cow is not the one she walks around with. Then she has the other four in a bundle, a princess purple small pillow and a hello kitty teddy. Cuddle cow is holy and remains safely in her bed or a safe hidding place, at sleep overs and holidays cuddle cow is her first choice to bring, because she can not bring all her cuddle toys ..we need space too lol :)

I have no picture of her with cuddle cow, but I have with the other cuddle toys..

I,m not suggesting anything, just saying that not everything is weird, children can have weird habits and addictions to cuddle toys :)
Very good point Moa. I personally believe that the cat was indeed Madeleine's favourite sleeping companion. It is the MCs' use (abuse) of it as a campaign prop that I find highly objectionable. Kate clutching it at every photo opportunity is one thing but how can they make Sean and Amelie to do the same in public, especially when it's known to be covered in cadarverine?

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 26.09.12 7:11

I agree. When my daughter was a similar age we had lots of photos of her looking like a boy due to her short hair.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 26.09.12 7:26

When a child has a favourite cuddly toy, and I mean in the companion sense not just one that they like to play with regularly, it is a very special thing and it becomes an extension of themselves. Whilst it would be understandable that Kate would be very attached to cuddlecat in Madeleine's absence, to let the other children play with it, is as odd as washing it was. Two things that are not done. Even siblings recognise the importance of the toy in the childs life and they would generally treat the toy with respect and instantly know it is untouchable to them. There will be fights over every single toy in the house, but never over the cuddly toy.

The cuddle toys we have are as photographed as the children. They appear in the background of nearly every photo, or indeed are clutched in the hands of a child in the photos. They travel everywhere, globe trotters they are. They are the last thing checked on before we set off on a journey, have we got them, are they safe. Sounds crazy but it is more difficult to mind the cuddle toys than the kids. They are irreplacable. Buying a second version of the same toy does not work. When they were babies I would sneak them from their beds at night to wash and dry them to return them before morning as washing them caused great upset (to the kids that is).

So, Kate allowed Madeleines siblings to carry cuddle cat - a big no no.
Kate washed cuddle cat - never in a million years.
Cuddle cat, after four years of love from Madeleine, was in perfect condition - have never seen that before.

I think the blanket was Madeleines comforter and as such I believe Kate would have wanted it with her and that is where the blanket is.

Cuddlecat is just a good tear jerking image, poor Kate with cuddlecat, poor little sweet Amelie with cuddlecat. The one image I can never forget - cuddlecat peeping out of Kates shoulder bag on her way into the police station. A big bag, a tiny cat and he would not fit inside ? No way, all staged for the cameras.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 26.09.12 7:37

On of the stories was that it was a recent present from Uncle someone or other, not four years old.
The washing is therefore even more odd.
It was supposed to be covered in sun cream.
BUT the holiday was early season, and cold - hence the emphasis on no shoes - hence running back for a partner's fleece and so on
So whilst they might have used a bit of sun cream to protect the children it would not have been slathered on, and in any event cuddle cat would have been left during the day, probably tucked up in bed, like all self respecting teddy bears.
So whose sun cream had so fouled the little beast. Kate's ?
Why would she put sun cream on the palms of her hands ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 26.09.12 7:54

PeterMac wrote:On of the stories was that it was a recent present from Uncle someone or other, not four years old.
BUT the holiday was early season, and cold - hence the emphasis on no shoes - hence running back for a partner's fleece and so on
So whilst they might have used a bit of sun cream to protect the children it would not have been slathered on, and in any event cuddle cat would have been left during the day, probably tucked up in bed, like all self respecting teddy bears.

Indeed, and there are close-ups of cuddlecat which in no way show a squeeze that's been used for over 3 years. We may assume that Kate's cleanliness was the same as observed in PdL so CC would have been washed at least once a month for say 44 months or so. No towelling toy can stand up to that, besides the simple stitches of the face would have come undone and I don't really see Kate doing the mending. Washing is taking up quite enough of her time.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 26.09.12 9:15

tigger wrote:
PeterMac wrote:On of the stories was that it was a recent present from Uncle someone or other, not four years old.

Indeed, and there are close-ups of cuddlecat which in no way show a squeeze that's been used for over 3 years. We may assume that Kate's cleanliness was the same as observed in PdL so CC would have been washed at least once a month for say 44 months or so. No towelling toy can stand up to that, besides the simple stitches of the face would have come undone and I don't really see Kate doing the mending. Washing is taking up quite enough of her time.

Is the one tootbrush fits all story true ? If so, Kates cleanliness had its limitations.

The amount of sun cream needed was minimal. Yes the weather was bad, but look at the routine, in particular the twins. They went from the apartment a.m. to the creche, back to the apartment for lunch, then back to the crech p.m. Outside for high tea circa 5.30, then possibly a play in the playground, then bed. Not much exposure to daylight there, not to mind uv rays ! Ok, the ice cream trip to the beach is there, but the weather was bad and Madeleine had a trip with her kids club. No mention of the twins going anywhere with their club though.

Anyhow you wash your hands after applying sun cream, otherwise it stains your clothes.

A stupid excuse for washing him and exactly that - an excuse. What she should have said was that one of the twins got sick on him and it broke her heart to have to wash him, more plausible. It was something they did not forsee though so did not have a prepared answer.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird 26.09.12 9:27

jd wrote:This might be a cuddle cat in this photo but this is kate mccann many years before PDL and with a boy! Never in a million years is this child Maddie or Sean...its someone else. Would make sense if this child is why a cuddle cat is so precious to kate mccann

Please blow the picture up - you will see the mark on the eye and the pyjamas are definately girls, they have little frills around the cuffs in fact when blown up it looks like a little pale blue top worn under a pair of dungarees quite natural for a very young girl to wear. Lots of girls clothes are pale blue, navy blue, duck egg blue, sky blue........!
Hummingbird

Activity : 260

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.09.12 9:38

Heavens yes, the coloboma is actually there in this photo!

Until comparatively recent times (as QI viewers will know!) the colour pink was associated with boys and blue was for girls.

It's nigh impossible now to think of the colour pink as anything other than very girly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.09.12 11:04

Jean wrote:Heavens yes, the coloboma is actually there in this photo!

Until comparatively recent times (as QI viewers will know!) the colour pink was associated with boys and blue was for girls.

It's nigh impossible now to think of the colour pink as anything other than very girly.

Kate, when describing Seans stay as an only boy among so many Tapas-daughters, remarks something as: this would give him a good opportunity to come to grips with his female side.

Odd thing to say regarding a on/two year old, boy isn't it? Is she pre-empting having dressed him or dressing him in pink?

Kate keeps uttering these weird improper teasers more often, as where she said that she hoped something they said or did would prick somebodies conscience. You don't prick a conscience, you touch it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.09.12 13:03

The expression to prick someone's conscience is correct.

Sadly the Tapas mob are immune to such things!

The comment about Sean getting in touch with his feminine side could just be a joke.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 26.09.12 15:32

Jean wrote:The expression to prick someone's conscience is correct.

Sadly the Tapas mob are immune to such things!

The comment about Sean getting in touch with his feminine side could just be a joke.

It's just the sort of remark which is only inappropriate because of Sean's age. It would be OK if Sean was a teenager, but hardly earlier.
She has made many remarks re Maddie which are also age inappropriate.
Such as Maddie being her 'best friend'. In her nightmare, Maddie is holding Kate, not Kate holding Maddie etc.

Her understanding of children is virtually non existent. She expects them to treat her as if they are adults. Apparent in many of her statements. imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 26.09.12 21:26

Madeleine McCann: Introducing Amelie And The Maddie Catty 19th May 2007

WITH Madeleine McCann missing – still missing – the papers discover a new angle of investigation: her sister.

“MADDIE COME HOME,” says the Sun’s headline. “Tot hugs Maddie’s cuddle cat.” And there is Amelie McCann holding on to her sister’s comforter.

What purpose this serves, Anorak is unsure. We have tired of looking at the faces of Madeleine McCann’s parents but are we so desperate for a new face in the narrative that we need Amelie? No new suspect. No arrests. No sign of Madeleine. So here’s Amelie. She can keep the story alive, justify its place on the front pages?

While readers wonder why it’s newsworthy to publish a picture of Madeleine McCann’s little sister, while the faces of media shy David Beckham and his tick-like wife’s children are pixelated to preserve their privacy, the Mirror spots Amalie.

More Amelie on the Mirror’s front page. “A cuddle from her little sis,” reads the headline above the shot of Amelia hugging Madeleine’s toy. And on the Express’s front page, more Amelie. And on the Mail’s.

Is this a cynical manipulation of the news? It tugs the heart strings. It cannot fail to. But for what ends? To make us feel more a part of a story turned into public spectacle? Can it be too long before the Mirror is offering readers a chance to buy the “Maddie Cattie”, replica cuddle cloths, with a percentage of profits going to establish a fighting fund?

“Little Amelie McCann clutches her big sister Madeleine’s favourite “Cuddle Cat” soft toy yesterday — and wishes the missing tot was back with her,” says the Sun’s reporter in Praia da Luz.

Touching stuff. Or just creepy…
------

By 19th May 2007 when this article was written, while the world were still waiting for a latest picture of Maddie to know exactly who they were looking for..... the mccanns had already registered the cuddlecat domain names! We can see where their priorities lay

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 27.09.12 1:36

Timesonline 06 May 2007

"At 9.30pm Gerry McCann checked his children and they were sound asleep, with Madeleine lying with her comfort blanket. Thirty minutes later his wife returned and found Madeleine gone and the shutter of the rear window open.
Silvia Batisa, head of administration at the complex, helped to comfort the family and interpret their interviews with the police: "The parents were devastated, in a panic. They wanted more police and dogs immediately. Kate said all the time, 'Please find my daughter’ and ‘Madeleine is beautiful'."
She recalled that the twins were still asleep in their two cots and there was the small, bright pink wool blanket that Madeleine likes to hold when she sleeps. "We walked out quickly so as not to wake up the twins. The parents immediately said, 'She’s been kidnapped'," said Batisa."

This casts doubt on the belief that 'Cuddle Cat' was Madeleine's sleep comforter, instead it suggests, from this report, that her comforter was a 'small, bright pink wool blanket'. This is later confirmed by David James Smith's article published on 16 December 2007 which states that Madeleine 'was lying almost in “the recovery position” with Cuddle Cat, the toy her godfather, John Corner, had bought her, and her comfort blanket up near her head'.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 27.09.12 6:31

David Smith from the Timesonline was in his own words, 'briefed' by Gerry after the Rothley meeting. Therefore he is of interest, an official mouthpiece one might say.

So no doubt the cuddlecat and Jon Corner story is true enough. Jon Corner is an astute businessman I believe, must look him up again. All that marketing advice must have come from somewhere.

The blanket - which Amaral says is a very important clue as to what happened to Maddie - must have been her comforter, makes a lot more sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 27.09.12 20:56

jd wrote:Madeleine McCann: Introducing Amelie And The Maddie Catty 19th May 2007

snipped

By 19th May 2007 when this article was written, while the world were still waiting for a latest picture of Maddie to know exactly who they were looking for..... the mccanns had already registered the cuddlecat domain names! We can see where their priorities lay

Yes Jd you are so right. and one of the many examples of weird actions, not consistent with a parent who genuinely does not know where their missing child is. I think it would do well on the scrolling banner. Very telling.

Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.12 19:30

I think the photo tells a lot.

It's out of character for a person like KM to cart a soft toy around and clearly designed to tug at the heart strings.

But looking at this picture you can see KM is groomed for the cameras and she holds CCat in perfect position for a photo, nicely turned out unlike the picture of her missing daughter that's all bunched up and upside down. It's so typical of this woman, everything gets priority over Madeleine.

It reminds me of the other picture of her with the backpack and the cat peeking up from under the flap.

What's the story with this toy I wonder bearing in mind the 2 web sites that they set up in that name? Were they expecting a large donation from the manufacturers, were they expecting a shipment of free toys to help with their campaign?

I'm not sure about everyone here but isn't it one of those moments where you wonder if Madeleine really did exist and someone could be so cold and calculating and mercenary?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Anyone seen this photo before? - Page 3 Empty what katy did next...

Post by butterfly23 30.09.12 15:19

...i remember at time of madeleine's ''abduction'' that kate was on tele A LOT talking about her missing child...i do not know how i would feel if my daughter was missing...but i am sure i would find it hard to function & hard to sleep- what i noticed whenever kate was on tele was that she was always looking like she had spent a bit of time getting ready...if i had a missing kid & 2 other kids to look after, i do not think i would have time to pick out what fancy dangly earrings to wear etc...!!! yet, kate was always looking like she was ready to appear on tele ( tho obviously looking 'distraught' )...despite having 2 young kids & 'searching' for her missing daughter!!! as time went on she looked more and more 'groomed' ...guess she was used to tv appearences by then !!! she even said at one[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] time that if she looked less glamourous perhaps we would believe her more !!!

Activity : 34

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top