The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

A summary of the 'Epilogue' in Dr Kate McCann's new paperback book - Page 2 Mm11

A summary of the 'Epilogue' in Dr Kate McCann's new paperback book - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

A summary of the 'Epilogue' in Dr Kate McCann's new paperback book - Page 2 Mm11

A summary of the 'Epilogue' in Dr Kate McCann's new paperback book - Page 2 Regist10

A summary of the 'Epilogue' in Dr Kate McCann's new paperback book

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A summary of the 'Epilogue' in Dr Kate McCann's new paperback book - Page 2 Empty Re: A summary of the 'Epilogue' in Dr Kate McCann's new paperback book

Post by nomendelta 10.05.12 16:32

Kate's vicious tone against the press really beggars belief. News International have bent over backwards to follow their lead of false sightings and dying paedophiles confessions. The Express group among others gave hefty handouts to all concerned for, what seems to me, somewhat lightweight treatment. It does smack very much of biting the hand that feeds...I hope that their arrogance will be their undoing but alas they continue.
nomendelta

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

A summary of the 'Epilogue' in Dr Kate McCann's new paperback book - Page 2 Empty Re: A summary of the 'Epilogue' in Dr Kate McCann's new paperback book

Post by tigger 10.05.12 16:37

Tony Bennett wrote:
jay2001 wrote:Does anyone else think it strange that Susan Hubbard came to attend to the twins? Where were close friends and family? Just strikes me odd that someone comes over from Portugal.
The Hubbards and the McCanns have a very close relationship, not sure now if they actually knew each other before their Praia da Luz holiday in 2007? Dr Kate McCann has had several short breaks staying with the Hubbards in Praia da Luz over the past five years.

I think - there is a Canadian connection. Didn't the McCanns go to Canada some time at the end of 2007? Hope I'm not making this up - but I had an idea that it was the last time they took the twins out of the country. Some such story. I'll have look.

Here it is:
Wish you were here, Madeleine The Sun

By ANTONELLA LAZZERI
Published: Today

MADELEINE McCann's parents have revealed their heartache after their first holiday since she vanished.

Doctors Kate and Gerry said they spent three weeks in Canada with twins Sean and Amelie for the sake of the three-year-olds.

But it was "incredibly difficult". Gerry, 40, confessed after the family's return to Rothley, Leics: "To have been on holiday without Madeleine – it is all too apparent what is missing."

Their daughter, then three, vanished 14 months ago in Praia da Luz, Portugal – where cops still regard the couple as suspects.

Yesterday Portugal's attorney-general revealed he had ordered prosecutors to decide by the end of the month whether to close the investigation.

Gerry, writing in his internet diary, said he and Kate, 40, were thrilled the EU is to adopt a system when kids go missing similar to America's Amber Alert – which the couple have crusaded for.

He said: "This is a small step in the right direction."

The couple went to Canada to stay with Kate's aunt in Vancouver.

A pal said: "They couldn't even contemplate going anywhere in Europe."
Unquote.

Wasn't there a nanny who also went to Canada?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 10.05.12 17:02

Hey, for once I agree with Kate.

Yes - 'journalists should be held accountable..'

But I'm thinking of the likes of Antonella whatsername and co
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 10.05.12 18:16

But kate is talking about journalists who do not toe their line.

The likes of Antonella Lazzeri and Lorraine Kelly, who licked their boots, I am sure she will recommend them for some sort of award.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 10.05.12 18:31

tigger wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
jay2001 wrote:Does anyone else think it strange that Susan Hubbard came to attend to the twins? Where were close friends and family? Just strikes me odd that someone comes over from Portugal.
The Hubbards and the McCanns have a very close relationship, not sure now if they actually knew each other before their Praia da Luz holiday in 2007? Dr Kate McCann has had several short breaks staying with the Hubbards in Praia da Luz over the past five years.

I think - there is a Canadian connection. Didn't the McCanns go to Canada some time at the end of 2007? Hope I'm not making this up - but I had an idea that it was the last time they took the twins out of the country. Some such story. I'll have look.

Here it is:
Wish you were here, Madeleine The Sun

By ANTONELLA LAZZERI
Published: Today

MADELEINE McCann's parents have revealed their heartache after their first holiday since she vanished.

Doctors Kate and Gerry said they spent three weeks in Canada with twins Sean and Amelie for the sake of the three-year-olds.

But it was "incredibly difficult". Gerry, 40, confessed after the family's return to Rothley, Leics: "To have been on holiday without Madeleine – it is all too apparent what is missing."

Their daughter, then three, vanished 14 months ago in Praia da Luz, Portugal – where cops still regard the couple as suspects.

Yesterday Portugal's attorney-general revealed he had ordered prosecutors to decide by the end of the month whether to close the investigation.

Gerry, writing in his internet diary, said he and Kate, 40, were thrilled the EU is to adopt a system when kids go missing similar to America's Amber Alert – which the couple have crusaded for.

He said: "This is a small step in the right direction."

The couple went to Canada to stay with Kate's aunt in Vancouver.

A pal said: "They couldn't even contemplate going anywhere in Europe."
Unquote.

Wasn't there a nanny who also went to Canada?

FATHER HAYNES HUBBARD AND SUSAN HUBBARD
Anglican priest at church of Nossa Senhora da Luz (Our Lady of the Light) in Praia da Luz and his wife, Susan, have become close friends and confidants of McCanns. Members of St. Vincent's Anglican Church welcomed the Rev. Haynes Hubbard on May 6th when he arrived at Faro Airport after a 20 hour journey from his native Canada with his family and pet cat. Rev Haynes Hubbard was born in Norfolk and his wife Susan speaks Portuguese and Spanish.

Got that excerpts from gerrymccannblogspot.co.uk/priests
Incidentally the photos on that blog show Susan Hubbard and kate pushing the twins in strollers in Rothley in 2009.

I get the impression they take turn to visit each other on a fairly regular basis in UK and Portugal respectively.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.05.12 18:44

aiyoyo wrote:
Anglican priest at church of Nossa Senhora da Luz (Our Lady of the Light) in Praia da Luz and his wife, Susan, have become close friends and confidants of McCanns. Members of St. Vincent's Anglican Church welcomed the Rev. Haynes Hubbard on May 6th when he arrived at Faro Airport after a 20 hour journey from his native Canada with his family and pet cat. Rev Haynes Hubbard was born in Norfolk and his wife Susan speaks Portuguese and Spanish.

Got those excerpts from gerrymccannblogspot.co.uk/priests

Incidentally the photos on that blog show Susan Hubbard and Kate pushing the twins in strollers in Rothley in 2009. I get the impression they take turn to visit each other on a fairly regular basis in UK and Portugal respectively.
I realise this is straying off topic a little, but just re-reading the above again, it sounds like he and the family completely upped sticks from their home in Canada on 6 May 2007, in order to make their new home in Praia da Luz. I assume that this was a pre-planned move and not a sudden rush out to Portugal in view of what had happened to Madeleine McCann?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 10.05.12 19:41

Tony Bennett wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Incidentally the photos on that blog show Susan Hubbard and Kate pushing the twins in strollers in Rothley in 2009. I get the impression they take turn to visit each other on a fairly regular basis in UK and Portugal respectively.
I realise this is straying off topic a little, but just re-reading the above again, it sounds like he and the family completely upped sticks from their home in Canada on 6 May 2007, in order to make their new home in Praia da Luz. I assume that this was a pre-planned move and not a sudden rush out to Portugal in view of what had happened to Madeleine McCann?

My thoughts too.
Which can only mean they were known to the mccanns priorly and possibly already good friends.
I cant believe they got acquainted in Pdl for the first time post Maddie, became so close that they became confidants sharing secrets, and that they now take turn to visit and stay over at each other's house. No one shares secret with strangers or new acquaintances - it will be highly unusual if that is what happened.

Their relationship must have gone beyond PdL. I suspect they might be somewhat remotely related. Remember Kate has an aunt, Aunt Nora in Canada.

A YEAR had passed since Madeleine was snatched and the family went on holiday to Canada. But feelings of guilt were not far away for Kate, who at times questioned her Catholic faith — even after she and Gerry received a blessing from the Pope at the Vatican.
In this extract of Kate’s book, edited and abridged by ANTONELLA LAZZERI and OLIVER HARVEY, she recalls how she battled to find God in her life again.

I didnt realise Antonella Lazzeri edited her bewk!

I REMEMBER very clearly the first brief moment of peace I experienced. It was on our first holiday since Madeleine’s abduction in the summer of 2008, in that wonderful isolated cabin in British Columbia.

Gerry and I had been for a run through the forest and returned to find that Auntie Norah had prepared a fabulous lunch for us.

After we ate I went for a long soak in the bath, taking a glass of red wine with me.

I lay back, completely immersing my head and letting the burning hot water wash over my face.

My mind was at rest, my body calm, and suddenly I felt the weight of our life lift temporarily. It was fleeting, but it was good.

Just acknowledging this slow personal “improvement”, however, brings a wave of guilt over me.

My life is weighed down by guilt: guilt for what happened to Madeleine, guilt at surviving this horror, guilt that our family, especially Sean and Amelie, had to experience any of it, guilt for not being quite the person or wife I once was and guilt about taking even five minutes for myself.

Perhaps being a mother and a Catholic is a double whammy when it comes to guilt. It is certainly a heavy load to carry around with you. It preys on your conscience and when you weaken it can pull you down.

What a strange thing to say when her confidant and best friend is wife of an Anglican Priest!

Religious ... Kate and Gerry in church
That said, the knowledge that I am a stronger and more able woman now than I was a couple of years ago helps me to shake off a little of that guilt: I recognise this is a positive development, for me, for Gerry, for Sean and Amelie, and for Madeleine.
DECEMBER 4 2010: We went to the Leicestershire and Rutland Irish Golf Society dinner dance last night (the proceeds were being donated to Madeleine’s Fund.) It was a really good “do” — lovely people and great music.

Gerry and I danced for a large part of the evening. We hadn’t danced since Madeleine was taken. We actually enjoyed it. It felt a little strange but I wasn’t consumed with guilt as is often the case in these situations.

Our pain might be the most acute, but our whole family, as well as our closest friends, suffer it to some degree, too, every day. So many people miss Madeleine — their granddaughter, sibling, niece, cousin, godchild and friend — and of course they worry about Gerry and me. We all have our own needs and cannot always deal with each other’s. This has been very hard for us — especially given the incredible support our family and friends have been throughout the last four years.

I own up that my expectations of others have sometimes been too high. Early on, friends and relatives were there for us constantly, devoting their time and resources to anything that might help find Madeleine.

Inevitably, as time moves on, motivation wanes, priorities change and people have their own lives to lead. This is only natural. But while I understand that, at times it makes me sad that anyone else is capable of switching off when Madeleine is still missing. And I suppose I envy them their freedom to do so.

Certain reactions to our situation have been hard to deal with.

For some people it seems too painful to bear. It’s as if they are almost pretending Madeleine’s abduction never happened.

Perhaps by not mentioning it, or even acknowledging it, they are trying to reassure themselves the world is still a good place.

Here she admits that family and friends who were once supportive of them were drifting away and getting on with their lives. Maybe their friends got clued up or wised up. Family members were definitely in the know and probably got fed up with their continued attention seeking in the press.

Blessing ... couple meet the Pope
While this is difficult for us to handle, living as we do with our pain every single day, we realize that everyone has their own way of coping with their feelings. It doesn’t mean they don’t have them. In the case of those we know less well, we understand that sometimes people just don’t know what to say. For Gerry and me it feels easier, and right, to talk about Madeleine and we are relieved when others do so, too. I am often asked, “Has your faith been tested? Do you get angry with God?”
There have been many times when I’ve felt God has deserted me or that He has let Madeleine down. I’ve occasionally doubted His existence altogether. And yes, I’ve been angry with Him.

Here she is saying she is angry with God, yet she professed to pray for the person who took Maddie! wtf

I’ve shouted out loud and on occasion I’ve hit things. (I’m afraid even the church pews have had the odd thumping!). I do not blame God for Madeleine’s abduction. The abductor is responsible for that. What I do wrestle with, though, is the inexplicable fact that despite so many prayers, almost total global awareness and a vast amount of hard work, we still do not have an answer. My aunt quotes a saying: “Pray as if everything depends on God. Work as if everything depends on you”, and I truly believe this is what we’ve done.

At risk of taking this thread off topic, I feel this piece is worth re-reading if only to take it together in context with her new bewk.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.05.12 19:44

Tony Bennett wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Goncalo Amaral: "The British priest staged everything."

Goncalo Amaral: "The priests also know very well what happened that night"

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.com/2009/07/goncalo-amaral-priests-also-know-very.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.05.12 19:49

I find this a little odd as well, from the article on Fr Hubbard posted on the Video R Hubbard 5 years on.........

It's hard to imagine a couple better suited to extend the hand of friendship to Kate and Gerry McCann, who are also devout Christians. Although the McCanns are Roman Catholic, in this seaside town, the lines between Catholic and Protestant are blurred. Both faiths share the pretty, white and mustard yellow-trimmed church, Our Lady of Light, which sits just above the shimmering beach in the town centre.

The McCanns were soon attending Haynes Hubbard's weekly services, and Susan Hubbard reached out to Kate McCann. In keeping with her rural Ontario upbringing, she made her approach in that very Canadian way of offering food.

So they are Catholics, and yet they were attending the Haynes Hubbard weekly services? There would obviously be a Catholic service on too, wouldn't that be the one you would naturally go to. Catholics don't normally do this do they?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta 10.05.12 20:19

Well I would certainly think that there'd be catholic services and if they were as devout as they and Hubbard are making out I don't think it would be appropriate to "switch sides" as such.
nomendelta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.05.12 20:32

It is a Catholic Church, used by the Anglican congregation, but as there would be more Catholic services there, I still don't understand as such devout Catholics, they would go to an Anglican service.

1637: St Vincent's, Praia da Luz, Algarve, Portugal Ship of Fools: The Mystery Worshipper

A summary of the 'Epilogue' in Dr Kate McCann's new paperback book - Page 2 Stvincents2

Mystery Worshipper: Chris Teean.
The church: St Vincent's, Praia da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
Denomination: Church of England, Diocese in Europe.
The building: The church is actually the Roman Catholic church of Nossa Senhora da Luz (Our Lady of Light); St Vincent's Anglican congregation uses it with the gracious permission of the Portuguese Catholics. It is a squat whitewashed building with a bell tower. The body consists of a simple nave with whitewashed walls and small windows up near the wooden vaulted ceiling, with stations of the cross under the windows. On entering, the first thing you notice is a large golden altar in a stone archway containing a central statue of Mary carrying baby Jesus flanked by two other statues which appear to be a knight in armour and a priest. To the right of the altar is a large crucifix; to the left is a lectern with the sanctuary light hanging behind it. At the back of the church is a small gallery with a circular window
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id66.html

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.05.12 20:37

Tony Bennett wrote:One other thing I didn't mention in my summary of Dr Kate McCann's 'Epilogue' was her strident call for much stronger regulation of the press.
She writes:
"Clearly self-regulation has not worked. We recognise that balancing press freedom with privacy is difficult, but we'd like to see the activities of the media overseen by a properly independent body, with the help of effective deterrents and sanctions. Individual jounalists should be accountable for what they write. In medicine, healthcare professionals have to take reponsibility for their actions, and repeat offenders are struck off to prevent them ruining more lives. Why should journalists be any different?"
Does this apply to the recent hounding of the Swiss father by the Sun and the Olive Press I wonder.
Or does this "accountability" work only in one direction.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16570

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta 10.05.12 21:06

PeterMac wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:One other thing I didn't mention in my summary of Dr Kate McCann's 'Epilogue' was her strident call for much stronger regulation of the press.
She writes:
"Clearly self-regulation has not worked. We recognise that balancing press freedom with privacy is difficult, but we'd like to see the activities of the media overseen by a properly independent body, with the help of effective deterrents and sanctions. Individual jounalists should be accountable for what they write. In medicine, healthcare professionals have to take reponsibility for their actions, and repeat offenders are struck off to prevent them ruining more lives. Why should journalists be any different?"
Does this apply to the recent hounding of the Swiss father by the Sun and the Olive Press I wonder.
Or does this "accountability" work only in one direction.

Oh obviously it only works in one direction - hence why the press are free to publish as much tosh as the Team McCann publicity wagon can trot out from fake sightings to alleged peado confessions. Doesn't seem to matter how potentially upsetting these headlines are (and surely each time there's a sighting there hearts would leap for joy at the possibility and then sink into their stomachs when it proves to be a false lead...or at least that's what would happen to normal people not feeding the press this balderdash) so long as they come from the McCann stable any old spurious nonsense can be printed. Just don't go bothering with thoe nasty "facts"...
nomendelta

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 10.05.12 21:25

The press have ruined their lives? Oh hahahahahaha! The list of others lives blighted is very very long. Shame on them!

They didnt want the Sun to serialise the book? Oh hahahahahaha!

I guess the Sun did NOT get permission to quote how she couldnt make love to Gerry for ages and other such rubbish that is irrelevant and NOT going to help find Madeleine, whose memory of events was THAT supposed to jog? Sick.
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross 10.05.12 23:25

p. 453

Editions of the book were released in Portugal, the Netherlands, Brazil, Germany, Spain, Hungary, Sweden and Finland.

Sales have been ‘phenomenal’.

A ‘considerable amount of money’ has been raised to ‘help fund the search for Madleeine’.

Publishing the book ‘exposed us to a fresh wave of press attention’.

Dr Kate McCann was adamant that she didn’t want the book serialised on any newspaper, ‘especially not a tabloid’. There is about a page of how much and why she really didn’t want the book serialised.

p. 454

Then: “It wasn’t until Gerry suggested that perhaps we could seek ‘a different, broader kind of arrangement, in which the serialisation of the book was combined with some specific backing for our campaign, that I opened my mind a little further to the idea”.

“In the spring of 2011, we met a tam form News International…”

They only agreed to a serialisation once News International said they were prepared to spearhead a drive to re-energise the search for Madeleine”.

They agreed to a serialisation in The Sun and the Sunday Times.

An interesting logical non-sequitur here.

No stone was to be left unturned.
Turning over stones takes money.
The stated purpose of the book was to raise money.
Serialisation rights would raise a considerable sum of money.
Particularly in a tabloid.
Healy did not want the book serialised.
Particularly in a tabloid.
This would reduce profits on the book enterprise.
But the purpose of the book was to raise money.

So did Healy want to raise as much as possible for the fund or not?

Also, although we do not know the specifics of the deal with the publisher, normally for books of this type (i.e. books with potentially lucrative serialisation rights) this is all agreed at the time of the initial contract with the author. The publisher sees the guaranteed income from serialisation as a way of underwriting the advance paid to the author, so if the book fails to sell well they have minimised their loss. In fact, with a lot of 'celebrity tell-all' type of supermarket check-out literature, they are pretty much written for serialisation, the project at the outset is undertaken in collaboration with the press serialisation outlets because actual book sales tend to be minimal. It would be unusual for a publisher to sign a contract with an author, pay them a large advance and only then think about negotiating serialisation rights.

Buddha
Ross
Ross

Activity : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 11.05.12 0:58

nomendelta wrote:Well I would certainly think that there'd be catholic services and if they were as devout as they and Hubbard are making out I don't think it would be appropriate to "switch sides" as such.

Indeed nmd. The "Devout Catholic" line was either fed to the media or made up by them. As we all know, Susan Healy very clearly stated that neither K nor G were in any way religious. More lies.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 11.05.12 3:01

Ross wrote:

Also, although we do not know the specifics of the deal with the publisher, normally for books of this type (i.e. books with potentially lucrative serialisation rights) this is all agreed at the time of the initial contract with the author. The publisher sees the guaranteed income from serialisation as a way of underwriting the advance paid to the author, so if the book fails to sell well they have minimised their loss. In fact, with a lot of 'celebrity tell-all' type of supermarket check-out literature, they are pretty much written for serialisation, the project at the outset is undertaken in collaboration with the press serialisation outlets because actual book sales tend to be minimal. It would be unusual for a publisher to sign a contract with an author, pay them a large advance and only then think about negotiating serialisation rights.

Generally speaking that is the case between Publisher and Tabloid re serialization.
But, far as I know, mccanns did not grant Transworld the right to underwrite serialization.
The mccanns brokered their own deal with the Sun. Kate states specifically in the book, they were approached by NI, deliberated on it, before agreeing.

It was reported they got a 1Million for the serialization but this amount was not reflected in their last published accounts.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 11.05.12 3:27

We researched the 'priests' of the PDL church last summer, there is a topic on here which I cannot find at the moment....but we found that the 'priest' who got laid off on the 6th May (can't remember his name) came from Norwich and just up the road from murat, Dereham if my memory serves me correctly. There are articles to this effect. The priest from Canada (Hubbards I think) also come from Norwich and were booked into the OC on the 4th or 5th of May 2007. They only went to Canada as part of their 'training' so to speak....There is this big Norwich/murat/ Priest connection

And who was less than half a mile from jane tanner/ROB one week before this holiday....yes robert murat....what a freaky coincidence this is....or not
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 11.05.12 7:17

jd wrote:We researched the 'priests' of the PDL church last summer, there is a topic on here which I cannot find at the moment....but we found that the 'priest' who got laid off on the 6th May (can't remember his name) came from Norwich and just up the road from murat, Dereham if my memory serves me correctly. There are articles to this effect. The priest from Canada (Hubbards I think) also come from Norwich and were booked into the OC on the 4th or 5th of May 2007. They only went to Canada as part of their 'training' so to speak....There is this big Norwich/murat/ Priest connection

And who was less than half a mile from jane tanner/ROB one week before this holiday....yes robert murat....what a freaky coincidence this is....or not

A freaky coincidence indeed! Back in the day when there were headlines about the findings in the boot of the scenic etc, and elements of the press were tuning for the Mc's I was very surprised that none of this came up in the press, all these links. To this day I don't know why the Mc's or the press haven't commented on them as being important enough to investigate. Or maybe they are being investigated somewhere, and are a "card up the sleeve" so to speak.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 11.05.12 9:31

quote )It was reported they got a 1Million for the serialization but this amount was not reflected in their last published accounts (unquote)

The serialisation money would have been paid around May 2011 and would appear (if it does!) in the accounts to march 2012 which are not available yet.

The book money that does not appear to be in the accounts is the book advance paid around Oct 2010. you would think that would be in accounts year to march 2011 but apparently not unless it wasn't the huge (amount unspecified) reported.

Incidentally if Kate wanted the Fund to be accountable as she claims, wouldn't accounts to march 31 2012 be available now or imminent. How long does it take to do the accounts of a company that has no staff, no office and related utility bills and which no longer has lots of donations including cash coming in? Only cheques going out are to lawyers and to Clarence Mitchell.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 11.05.12 9:58

jd wrote:We researched the 'priests' of the PDL church last summer, there is a topic on here which I cannot find at the moment....but we found that the 'priest' who got laid off on the 6th May (can't remember his name) came from Norwich and just up the road from murat, Dereham if my memory serves me correctly. There are articles to this effect. The priest from Canada (Hubbards I think) also come from Norwich and were booked into the OC on the 4th or 5th of May 2007. They only went to Canada as part of their 'training' so to speak....There is this big Norwich/murat/ Priest connection

And in a second local link to the biggest news story of the year, it has been revealed that until Easter, Father John Wilson, of Wells, was priest at the church at Praia da Luz which has been visited daily by the McCann family since little Maddie was snatched.

He still has an apartment in the area and has returned to the village and speaking from there spoke about the feelings of the ex-pat community for Mr Murat, who lived at Hockering until two years ago.

Father John said: "A number of the congregation have spoken to me about him and have expressed shock and surprise at this."

Note: It is not clear when Father John Wilson left Praia da Luz, although we do know that he was replaced by Father Haynes Hubbard, who arrived from Canada on 06 May 2007.

The weekly Algarve online newspaper, 'getrealweekly', were still advertising 'Holy Communion at 12pm with Rainbow Club for Children, at Sra da Luz (the church on the beach) conducted by Fr. John Wilson' throughout May 2007.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 11.05.12 10:38

From the post above:

The weekly Algarve online newspaper, 'getrealweekly', were still advertising 'Holy Communion at 12pm with Rainbow Club for Children, at Sra da Luz (the church on the beach) conducted by Fr. John Wilson' throughout May 2007. unquote

So it seems it was a surprise replacement for the community? Normally these things are advertised well in advance.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by jmac 11.05.12 19:57

In medicine, healthcare professionals have to take responsibility for their actions, and repeat offenders are struck off to prevent them ruining more lives. Why should journalists be any different?

What gives Kate the right to preach? Parents also have to take responsibility for their actions. And she was a bit of a `repeat offender` herself. First she leaves three children alone in an unlocked apartment. When one child disappears she runs off to the Tapas bar to leave the remaining two.

Fortunately, after his 40 minute walkabout through the town with Madeleine, the abductor was heading for the beach...

Maybe.
jmac

Activity : 123

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top