The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Carole Malone Article - New Clue Madness

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Carole Malone Article - New Clue Madness

Post by Guest on 30.04.12 21:11

@TheTruthWillOut wrote:What I find a bit surprising is SY have only managed to go through 25% of the files in 1 year with 30 odd officers.

The PJ mostly worked on the case for ~7 months and later did the rogatory interviews. Does anyone know how many officers worked on the case in Portugal?

I thought they shelved the case in July/August 2008. Around 15 months later, and released the files.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Carole Malone Article - New Clue Madness

Post by Nina on 30.04.12 21:26

@TheTruthWillOut wrote:Sorry Nina, that has gone right over my head! What do you mean?

It took year for 30 odd personnel to go through a quarter of the paperwork. But there will have been some leisure time, how much who knows, and there are a lot of golf courses in the Algarve, and for those not interested in golf, tennis, watersports and sunbathing.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2627
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carole Malone Article - New Clue Madness

Post by Spaniel on 30.04.12 21:40

@PeterMac wrote:In one sense the PJ did cock up the enquiry - when they did not take second statements from the T7 and then, crucially, when they let the McCs go home before interviewing them again, under caution, and separately, with no chance to compare notes in between.
That was not good. If one of my DI s had done that I would not have been pleased.
I suspect this is what Sr Amaral is now beating himself up about.
A golden opportunity, lost.
As my old DI used to say, "Fetch him in. And fetch his grandmother in"
In only one sense PeterMac? You must know it was worse than that.

PJ keeping the parents informed of operations, until enlightened by LP.

Given warning to appear for interview the previous night instead of a swoop to two separate police stations.

Allowed phones and texting out of the police station. .... I'm sure there are many more.

Had it been handled as here in the UK, we would all be talking about something else by now.

Amaral had at that time, his mind on many other things. He's changed and has become a sober citizen no doubt, but he feels bitter that he missed out. He is unlikely to get a second bite of the cherry, but although the Mc's are still a thorn in his side, I think he's become a better man for it, and thank God he's removed the ridiculous earring.

____________________


Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carole Malone Article - New Clue Madness

Post by Guest on 30.04.12 21:46

@Spaniel wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:In one sense the PJ did cock up the enquiry - when they did not take second statements from the T7 and then, crucially, when they let the McCs go home before interviewing them again, under caution, and separately, with no chance to compare notes in between.
That was not good. If one of my DI s had done that I would not have been pleased.
I suspect this is what Sr Amaral is now beating himself up about.
A golden opportunity, lost.
As my old DI used to say, "Fetch him in. And fetch his grandmother in"
In only one sense PeterMac? You must know it was worse than that.

PJ keeping the parents informed of operations, until enlightened by LP.

Given warning to appear for interview the previous night instead of a swoop to two separate police stations.

Allowed phones and texting out of the police station. .... I'm sure there are many more.

Had it been handled as here in the UK, we would all be talking about something else by now.

Amaral had at that time, his mind on many other things. He's changed and has become a sober citizen no doubt, but he feels bitter that he missed out. He is unlikely to get a second bite of the cherry, but although the Mc's are still a thorn in his side, I think he's become a better man for it, and thank God he's removed the ridiculous earring.

Spaniel, I don't think people who go for interviews voluntarily are stripped of their belongings ie phones etc. I don't think they would be as arguidos either, which they weren't till the day after. The texting came the day before I think when KM wasn't an arguida, and was answering questions. I don't they do that in this country either, it is only when you are formally arrested and charged with something to go into a cell that you get stripped of your posessions. I think.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Carole Malone Article - New Clue Madness

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 30.04.12 21:47

candyfloss wrote:
@TheTruthWillOut wrote:What I find a bit surprising is SY have only managed to go through 25% of the files in 1 year with 30 odd officers.

The PJ mostly worked on the case for ~7 months and later did the rogatory interviews. Does anyone know how many officers worked on the case in Portugal?

I thought they shelved the case in July/August 2008. Around 15 months later, and released the files.

Yes Candyfloss I'm sure that's right, but am assuming (I know I shouldn't!) that preparing the files for publication would take a good amount of time in itself. I'm probably wrong but I wouldn't have thought the detectives would be the ones to compile all the paperwork to be released?


What I am suggesting, I guess, is after the McCanns left Portugal the amount of PJ officers working the case would have been reduced considerably and when the files were ready and the case shelved, any remaining would be reassigned?

Anyway I guess it doesn't really matter because I suspect the 25% figure was most likely pulled out of thin air. titter


TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 733
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2011-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carole Malone Article - New Clue Madness

Post by Spaniel on 30.04.12 21:51

I've no time for the Malone woman unlike the rest of you here.

She had nothing else to hit Amaral with apart from his weight at one point. Her, who was paid a small fortune to appear on "Fat Club" TV, trying to lose weight. Pot v Kettle.

____________________


Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carole Malone Article - New Clue Madness

Post by monkey mind on 01.05.12 0:17

@PeterMac wrote:In one sense the PJ did cock up the enquiry - when they did not take second statements from the T7 and then, crucially, when they let the McCs go home before interviewing them again, under caution, and separately, with no chance to compare notes in between.
That was not good. If one of my DI s had done that I would not have been pleased.
I suspect this is what Sr Amaral is now beating himself up about.
A golden opportunity, lost.
As my old DI used to say, "Fetch him in. And fetch his grandmother in"
I wouldn't argue with you on that one Peter, there's no doubt they did make mistakes. In fairness though within 24 hours pdl was a festering hive of press, media managers, tv, ambassadors, diplomats, to be followed by british police, so called security consultants, lawyers English and Portuguese, probably the security services, psychological support staff, behind the scenes political wranglings and on and on. It must have been a nightmare, all of that putting tremendous pressure on the PJ. It could be argued all the more reason to have got it right, but heck, it must have been hard, several months of that. Given the chance over it would be different no doubt, but all in all, for me they did probably as well as could be expected.

And let's face it, all that pressure worked, and who would deny it isn't still doing so?

monkey mind

Posts : 616
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carole Malone Article - New Clue Madness

Post by monkey mind on 01.05.12 0:34

candyfloss wrote:
In a memorandum dated 24 October 2007 (Processo Volume XIII, Page 3909) reference is made to a document written by Dr David Payne which document had been read carefully by British Detective Constable Mike Marshall, the author of the memorandum.
The document written by Dr Payne is not in the DVD.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATERINA-PAYNE-INCIDENT.htm

I suspect this is what was being discussed on the thread "Gaspar Statements cover letter from Leicester police" which appears may well have been a list of questions prepared by the PJ to be put to the Paynes but instead apparently handed to them as some sort of questionaire. Now that's a mistake NOT made by the PJ!! It must be the same document, same date and DC. He also includes the Gasper statements in that memorandum. Remarkably the PJ had to wait until the end of October to get those, many weeks after the McCanns had returned home. It's the first post on the thread mentioned.

monkey mind

Posts : 616
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carole Malone Article - New Clue Madness

Post by rainbow-fairy on 01.05.12 8:29

@Spaniel wrote:I've no time for the Malone woman unlike the rest of you here.

She had nothing else to hit Amaral with apart from his weight at one point. Her, who was paid a small fortune to appear on "Fat Club" TV, trying to lose weight. Pot v Kettle.
To be fair Spaniel, I haven't read anyone 'bigging up' (pun intended, if you like) Ms Malone.
Merely, the comments have been on the article itself. She has said the 'unspeakable' and for that I applaud.
HOWEVER;
Ms Malone in general I find rude, overbearing and opinionated. Maybe her former comments on Amaral were inspiration for the jatyk2 fools - 'fat cop' 'woman beater' seems to be the norm. And they say we are nasty. Pot, kettle, black...

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum