The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Are the Mccanns happy now? Mm11

Are the Mccanns happy now? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Are the Mccanns happy now? Mm11

Are the Mccanns happy now? Regist10

Are the Mccanns happy now?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are the Mccanns happy now? Empty Are the Mccanns happy now?

Post by Invinoveritas 15.02.12 12:31

sadly I've just found this article on Joanna's site:

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/02/goncalo-amaral-maddie-case-leads-to.html

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Are the Mccanns happy now? Empty Re: Are the Mccanns happy now?

Post by tigger 15.02.12 12:40

Invinoveritas wrote:sadly I've just found this article on Joanna's site:

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/02/goncalo-amaral-maddie-case-leads-to.html

No, I don't think so invinoveritas! I think they might be jealous.
It will also deprive them of any money to be made out of the court case should they win. Dr. Amaral is living with his parents. He has no property or goods to sell, apart from a car and private possessions I suppose. He is on very good terms with his daughter and I have no reason the believe his wife dislikes him. Their dog was killed - all sorts of threats were sent to them and it's not surprising it was too much for her.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.02.12 12:41

That's very sad news.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 15.02.12 12:50

yes i believe the mccanns are happy,look how happy they were when Madeleine went missing,so i should,nt think they would worry there little heads over Sr Amaral and the stress they have bought on him and his family to try to keep pushing their innocents.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by david_uk 15.02.12 13:11

Sounds more like a very shrewed legal move on GA`s part. Give all assets to his Wife! that way he has nothing material the mccanns can take. once he has won the case and the Mccanns are on trial he can get remarried to his wife and get on with his retirement. check mate?!
david_uk
david_uk

Activity : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.02.12 18:14

Oh well, if the mccanns think they are clever that they can freeze people's assets without any justification since there is no verdict, as it is not a guarantee win for them, then if Amaral is smarter to outwit them. Good for him.

If on the other hand, if it is true, then it is sad.

Isnt it ironic that Amaral's marriage disintegrate because he wants Justice for Madeleine, while her parents who'd gone through the trauma survived their allegedly "on the rock" marriage even before Maddie went missing.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 15.02.12 18:40

I doubt the McCann's care as there is no gain or fame. Their supporters are treating it like case solved however.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 15.02.12 19:38

[quote="aiyoyo"]Oh well, if the mccanns think they are clever that they can freeze people's assets without any justification since there is no verdict, as it is not a guarantee win for them, then if Amaral is smarter to outwit them. Good for him.

Isnt it ironic that Amaral's marriage disintegrate because he wants Justice for Madeleine, while her parents who'd gone through the trauma survived their allegedly "on the rock" marriage even before Maddie went missing.

[/quote)

(something's gone wrong with the quote marks - from here it's me, above is Aiyoyo)
First I hear of their marriage being on the rocks before the PdL holiday. Not that according to the bewk it was so amazingly good. Gerry away on weekends by himself didn't seem very thoughtful to me. Despite all the hand holding, I've never seen those two as particularly fond of each other.
Where did you find that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 15.02.12 20:16

aiyoyo wrote:Oh well, if the mccanns think they are clever that they can freeze people's assets without any justification since there is no verdict, as it is not a guarantee win for them, then if Amaral is smarter to outwit them. Good for him.

McCanns can never be parted, ......unless?

Who'd want to be bound as they are to one another? If they never face a jury, they have a horrible life ahead of them, one I'd never want.

We don't hear of the rows going on, but there will be. "I said, you said", blah de blah. "I said we shouldn't." Oh FGS!!

No, now matter how much they have, the rest of their life will be torture always having to be on the defence.

He seems to have ridden it well, but she has aged 10 years in five.
Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 15.02.12 20:25

Just read on one of the pro forums, the one where all the posters seem to be the same few nasty people, that of course the McCs are not happy as they have not found their daughter. Now me, I would have thought actually looking would be a prerequisite! How can anyone be happy with leaving a trail of disrupted, destroyed and devastated lives? Unless of course, that makes them........ no, surely not!!!! I mean, that would be unforgiving, show a lack of grace, a deficit of agape, morally lacking, greedy and avaricious, these are not Catholic traits, humility and kindness are. True Christians try to follow the example of Jesus, sharing possessions, reaching out to others, and BTW its suffer the children, not make the children suffer. Happy, I doubt it, but not, I fear for the reasons that the bilious gang of pros seem to subscribe. To.
anil39200

Activity : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 15.02.12 20:26

I think this is very sad news and can understand the amount of stress that Dr Amaral and his wife must've undergone. The trauma of the court cases must be enormous and how Dr A stays so calm and full of integrity I don't know. He must feel that he's fighting the whole of the UK establisment and media as well as some of his own fellow countrymen. Lesser men would've probably thrown the towel in by now.

He's lost his wife, his home, his job and despite the ruling that his books should be returned, they've not yet been returned. His strength of character is to be admired in the face of such adversity. There is no malice or revenge in his words. He is being persecuted for writing facts which were corroborated by the police of both countries.

I pray for justice and truth and wish Dr A well and hope that one day he will be reconciled with his wife.
jay2001

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 16.02.12 16:28

jay2001 wrote:I think this is very sad news and can understand the amount of stress that Dr Amaral and his wife must've undergone. The trauma of the court cases must be enormous and how Dr A stays so calm and full of integrity I don't know. He must feel that he's fighting the whole of the UK establisment and media as well as some of his own fellow countrymen. Lesser men would've probably thrown the towel in by now.

He's lost his wife, his home, his job and despite the ruling that his books should be returned, they've not yet been returned. His strength of character is to be admired in the face of such adversity. There is no malice or revenge in his words. He is being persecuted for writing facts which were corroborated by the police of both countries.

I pray for justice and truth and wish Dr A well and hope that one day he will be reconciled with his wife.

I agree jay2001.

I read the article on Joana Morais yesterday - so sad but not a shock, he's been hinting at the problems for a while. how true though that a man of lesser integrity (and there are plenty in this sorry case) would've thrown in the towel.

Its disgusting that even though the courts have ordered it, the McCanns still haven't returned his books. do they really believe that its one rule for them, another entirely for everyone else? I really hope they are in for a rude shock before long.

And Goncalo, this is for you...Are the Mccanns happy now? 725573

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 16.02.12 20:14

Much of their behaviour suggests these are highly narcissistic individuals who lack empathy towards others' suffering. At the same time they are never truly happy or content because they are envious of those with greater wealth or status and often feel they deserve better. They are the victims in their minds, not poor Madeleine.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 16.02.12 21:50

Ribisl wrote:Much of their behaviour suggests these are highly narcissistic individuals who lack empathy towards others' suffering. At the same time they are never truly happy or content because they are envious of those with greater wealth or status and often feel they deserve better. They are the victims in their minds, not poor Madeleine.

That has always been my thought on why the "Fund" came about in the first place, the "abduction" was just a side line. They were two doctors, who seemed to believe they were going places, Gerry rubbing shoulders with Government officials and the "big knobs" on his numerous committees and wanted to keep up with them.

There are too many anomolies with the Fund, i.e. Gerry looking at fund raising events in a year's time! Which father of an abducted child would even contemplate her not being home within a few days or a few months. To even think about her not being home in a year or more would be too much to bear, let alone to even talk about it. The thought would be heartbreaking for most parents.
Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 17.02.12 18:53

[quote="tigger"]
aiyoyo wrote:Oh well, if the mccanns think they are clever that they can freeze people's assets without any justification since there is no verdict, as it is not a guarantee win for them, then if Amaral is smarter to outwit them. Good for him.

[/quote)

(something's gone wrong with the quote marks - from here it's me, above is Aiyoyo)
First I hear of their marriage being on the rocks before the PdL holiday. Not that according to the bewk it was so amazingly good. Gerry away on weekends by himself didn't seem very thoughtful to me. Despite all the hand holding, I've never seen those two as particularly fond of each other.
Where did you find that?

Of course you realise people speculate that they are too "united" ; none of the two ever disagrees in front of the camera which is very unusual in their circumstances. Usually people's recollection of things differ which is understandable as each of us has different retention power. The mccanns, however, recollection and recounting of events were collective and unanimously as if scripted and agreed in advance. The united front is a show, for the sake of staying out of jail, many believe that.

Anyway, back to your point. Back in the old 3As days, rumours were rife that Police were called to a domestic incident to the mccanns's previous abode (house prior to current one).
Also people analyzed kate and gerry's behavior. Gerry was reported to have headed back to the apt ahead of kate on Tuesday's night followed shortly by kate who was reported as saying she slept in the children's room b/c she couldnt stand gerry's snoring.
All signs of built up fall out between them from earlier altercation or an underlying unresolved problem.
Kate was also reported to have moaned about the lack of help from Gerry about child care - not sure whether this was in her diary.

Also in some recent photos kate looks as if she can't bear Gerry's touch.
I cant remember where now, but someone posted up a pic of that.

On the whole the impression I got, from what I read, is they'd marital problem, and their united-ness now is false, endured because of the difficult situation they find themselves in.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 17.02.12 19:08

[quote="aiyoyo"]
tigger wrote:

[/quote)

Where did you find that?

Of course you realise people speculate that they are too "united" ; none of the two ever disagrees in front of the camera which is very unusual in their circumstances. Usually people's recollection of things differ which is understandable as each of us has different retention power. The mccanns, however, recollection and recounting of events were collective and unanimously as if scripted and agreed in advance. The united front is a show, for the sake of staying out of jail, many believe that.

Anyway, back to your point. Back in the old 3As days, rumours were rife that Police were called to a domestic incident to the mccanns's previous abode (house prior to current one).
Also people analyzed kate and gerry's behavior. Gerry was reported to have headed back to the apt ahead of kate on Tuesday's night followed shortly by kate who was reported as saying she slept in the children's room b/c she couldnt stand gerry's snoring.
All signs of built up fall out between them from earlier altercation or an underlying unresolved problem.
Kate was also reported to have moaned about the lack of help from Gerry about child care - not sure whether this was in her diary.

Also in some recent photos kate looks as if she can't bear Gerry's touch.
I cant remember where now, but someone posted up a pic of that.

On the whole the impression I got, from what I read, is they'd marital problem, and their united-ness now is false, endured because of the difficult situation they find themselves in.
unquote

It's my belief that if all had gone the way they wanted, they'd be leading separate lives more or less, divorce not likely, but lovers certainly. I'd be highly surprised if they even share much these days, except the interviews.
The irony of it all is that they are in a hell of their own making - they certainly look as if they are.

I was trying to find a photograph from the book launch in Madrid, Kate animated, Gerry looking at her in a way - well, if I were his wife, I'd check if there was a new life insurance taken out on me.....
In the early, heady days of the book launch, Kate was very animated and Gerry morose, seems to have leveled out again now.

Back to top Go down

Are the Mccanns happy now? Empty Madrid book promotion

Post by Guest 17.02.12 19:23

Tigger: is the photo you mean among this batch?

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/MADRID.htm

I like the clawed hand look in C6!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 17.02.12 19:26

Jean wrote:Tigger: is the photo you mean among this batch?

Yes! It's the third still from the top. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 17.02.12 19:32

Ribisl wrote:Much of their behaviour suggests these are highly narcissistic individuals who lack empathy towards others' suffering. At the same time they are never truly happy or content because they are envious of those with greater wealth or status and often feel they deserve better. They are the victims in their minds, not poor Madeleine.

That's defintely the impression I get. I don't know how anyone fails to see the disturbing levels of narcissism these two portray.

Forgive me, can't remember who but i'm sure someone's posted this before, I thought it fitted here too. Does this 'disorder' remind you of anyone?

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD)

Symptoms of this disorder include, but are not limited to:

• Reacts to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation
  • May take advantage of others to reach his or her own goal
  • Tends to exaggerate their own importance, achievements, and talents
  • Imagines unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance
  • Requires constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
  • Easily becomes jealous
  • Lacks empathy and disregards the feelings of others
  • Obsessed with oneself
  • Mainly pursues selfish goals
  • Trouble keeping healthy relationships
  • Is easily hurt and rejected
  • Sets unrealistic goals
  • Wants "the best" of everything
  • Appears as tough-minded or unemotional [3]

The symptoms of Narcissistic personality disorder can be similar to
the traits of individuals with strong self-esteem and confidence,
differentiation occurs when the underlying psychological structures of
these traits are considered pathological. Narcissists have such an
elevated sense of self-worth that they value themselves as inherently
better than others. Yet, they have a fragile self-esteem and cannot
handle criticism, and will often try to compensate for this inner
fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate
their own self-worth. It is this sadistic tendency that is
characteristic of narcissism as opposed to other psychological
conditions affecting level of self-worth. [4]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder#Symptoms

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 18.02.12 0:37

david_uk wrote:Sounds more like a very shrewed legal move on GA`s part. Give all assets to his Wife! that way he has nothing material the mccanns can take. once he has won the case and the Mccanns are on trial he can get remarried to his wife and get on with his retirement. check mate?!

Hope you are right david_uk Are the Mccanns happy now? 636506
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 18.02.12 4:49

Jean wrote:Tigger: is the photo you mean among this batch?

I've seen another photo where Gerry's hand was left hanging literally in mid-air and didn't quite make contact with Kate's waist .
It's as if Kate flinched away when he was about to place his hand there, Kate has a look of contempt for him in that photo too as if she couldn't bear him his touch. If I can find it I will post up.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 20.02.12 21:21

I get the impression that they are not particularly happy together. I did mention a while ago on another thread about one of the photos of the McCanns and the way Gerry was looking at Kate, not a very loving look at all. Then there was the Levinson Inquiry, Gerry walking off and leaving Kate alone to pick up her papers. I think he thought it was his show and that Kate was butting in, stealing his limelight. I also found his blogs rather strange, he seemed to have delusions of grandeur, meeting ambassadors etc., but it was also like he thought he was blogging fans rather than people who wanted to help in the search for Madeleine.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by david_uk 21.02.12 13:03

listener wrote:
david_uk wrote:Sounds more like a very shrewed legal move on GA`s part. Give all assets to his Wife! that way he has nothing material the mccanns can take. once he has won the case and the Mccanns are on trial he can get remarried to his wife and get on with his retirement. check mate?!

Having read his recent interview im quite certain of it myself. A very good move indeed.
david_uk
david_uk

Activity : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 21.02.12 13:39

david_uk wrote:
listener wrote:

Having read his recent interview im quite certain of it myself. A very good move indeed.

You're right David-uk, he 'separated' from his wife quite some time ago, possibly even around the first trial date.
This man and his family have had a terrible time - imagine finding your dog killed - like a Mafia message!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 21.02.12 18:55

tigger wrote:
david_uk wrote:
listener wrote:

You're right David-uk, he 'separated' from his wife quite some time ago, possibly even around the first trial date.
This man and his family have had a terrible time - imagine finding your dog killed - like a Mafia message!

He doesn't tell us so we can't assume - as Hobnob is fond of saying - though I very much hope you are both right.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum