The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Sunday news article

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by russiandoll on 10.02.12 16:27

candyfloss wrote:Tweet from Donal MacIntyre................




DonalMacIntyreDonal MacIntyre

@jerusalemart if u guys think McCann's r guilty u are nuts

3 hours ago


did he specify what crime they are not guilty of in his opinion?

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by tiny on 10.02.12 16:30

that would be too harder a question for him,he might have to ask a friend

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by Maive on 10.02.12 16:36

@david_uk wrote:latest new on Mccannfiles.com If any of this is true then we can only expect the Whitewash, which is no big surprise!.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

I can only assume that the SY guys will have been doing there best to convince Mr Smith that the person he saw was not and could not possibly be Mr McCann, Mr McCann was seen at the club, so it could not have been him MR Smith!. What a croc!

I still cant believe papers are spouting the same disgusting nonsense about a failed Portugeuse investigcation and Amaral faliures!.



I agree! They seem to take each piece of evidence and turn them to their advantage.. It's bad.. Doesn't look good for the review..

Maive

Posts : 45
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by russiandoll on 10.02.12 17:06


this from Mr MacIntyre

Around 10.15pm, Madeleine was discovered missing by Kate McCann. She shouted down to those at the tapas bar 150 metres away that her fair-haired little girl was gone.

[ I thought all reports of this including from McCanns themselves was that Kate McCann went hurtling along the road and into the tapas area to report her daughter missing?]


It is a perplexing case that is difficult to unravel, but if we take the statements of the McCanns and accept the accuracy of their timings ...
[fair enough as a starting point, but what about when all the inconsistencies from other witness statements start to creep in? ]

She either made her own way out of the apartment by herself into oblivion or was abducted from inside the apartment
[ are these the only logical alternatives if you start investigating with an open mind?]

Crucial to unravelling the whole case is clearly establishing what precisely took place from 8pm to 10.15pm on the night Madeleine vanished.

[ as there is no independent witness to see Maddie from tea time, a couple of hours earlier, will tea time not be the crucial time in the mind of any detectives investigating, be they Portuguese or British?]


there is a bit about the pre- meal prep at the apartment....when he kindly sets out for us the route Maddie would have needed to take to get to her parents if needed.....he does not mention this journey for a 3 yr old I noticed]

They walk down a number of steps, open a small wrought-iron gate on a pathway that faces onto the Mark Warner complex. A wall separates the path from the resort and blocks off the view from the resort to the steps to apartment 5a.

The couple turned left for 20 metres and then right for another 50 metres onto a busy road before take a left into the enclosed swimming pool, bar and restaurant complex.
While there, various members of the party come and go, following the same path that Gerry and Kate McCann took to the bar. None sees anything suspicious.


____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by tiny on 10.02.12 17:14

Donal MacIntyre is an Irish investigative
journalist, specialising in investigations, undercover operations and television.

blimey you could have fooled me.

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by Guest on 10.02.12 17:17

I can`t understand why anyone is paying any attention to this Mcintyre article. This is not the first he has written in this vein. Neither can I understand the assumptions that SY are doing or not doing something on the basis of what he has written.

Scepticism about the outcome of the review is understandable but let`s give it a chance.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by pauline on 10.02.12 17:34

Apart from Donal's 'investigative' talents, he also came second in the popular TV show Dancing on Ice in March 2009 (with a professional ice dance partner). He was not one of the favourites and was often slated by the judges but made the final where he had to skate the Bolero which won Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean an olympic medal many years ago.

I read his Sunday World article and think he should be a fulltime ice dancer.

pauline

Posts : 548
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by tiny on 10.02.12 17:40

@pauline wrote:Apart from Donal's 'investigative' talents, he also came second in the popular TV show Dancing on Ice in March 2009 (with a professional ice dance partner). He was not one of the favourites and was often slated by the judges but made the final where he had to skate the Bolero which won Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean an olympic medal many years ago.

I read his Sunday World article and think he should be a fulltime ice dancer.



investigative talents, i think that stretching it a bit far, according to what i have read on his take on the mccans.

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by Guest on 10.02.12 17:43

@alison wrote:I can`t understand why anyone is paying any attention to this Mcintyre article. This is not the first he has written in this vein. Neither can I understand the assumptions that SY are doing or not doing something on the basis of what he has written.

Scepticism about the outcome of the review is understandable but let`s give it a chance.

Don't think anyone is paying attention to this article alison, just having a good laughat and titter

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by ShuBob on 10.02.12 18:25

@alison wrote:I can`t understand why anyone is paying any attention to this Mcintyre article. This is not the first he has written in this vein. Neither can I understand the assumptions that SY are doing or not doing something on the basis of what he has written.

Scepticism about the outcome of the review is understandable but let`s give it a chance.

I couldn't have said it any better

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by Guest on 11.02.12 14:52

From D MacIntyre tweets...............


DonalMacIntyreDonal MacIntyre

@papashango1 cadaver dogs were called in by McCanns - they wanted every assistance - but dogs are notoriously unreliable

1 hour ago

*********


More tweets here........

http://twitter.com/DonalMacIntyre

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by Guest on 11.02.12 14:57

That tweet is rather an odd thing to say. If the dogs were called in by McCanns, why call in cadaver dogs............?? and secondly, when they were called in at their request, why then didn't they believe them? What was the point of calling them in?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by Ollie on 11.02.12 15:38

candyfloss wrote:That tweet is rather an odd thing to say. If the dogs were called in by McCanns, why call in cadaver dogs............?? and secondly, when they were called in at their request, why then didn't they believe them? What was the point of calling them in?

The McCanns also said the dogs were unreliable, and I think I am right in saying that after the dogs had been called in and the results were known the McCanns then did some research, so why after and not before?

Ollie

Posts : 262
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by Guest on 11.02.12 15:46

The McCann's never called the dogs in.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by tigger on 11.02.12 15:47

@Ollie wrote:
candyfloss wrote:That tweet is rather an odd thing to say. If the dogs were called in by McCanns, why call in cadaver dogs............?? and secondly, when they were called in at their request, why then didn't they believe them? What was the point of calling them in?

The McCanns also said the dogs were unreliable, and I think I am right in saying that after the dogs had been called in and the results were known the McCanns then did some research, so why after and not before?


I doubt very much that the McCanns called in the cadaver dogs. I'd be very interested to know when exactly they knew they were going to be made available to the investigation. The dogs were in Portugal from end July for about a week.
Who did call them in? Did the British police liaison officers in Portugal suggest it? It would have taken quite some time to get the dogs to Portugal?
So when exactly and who got the dogs to go there? I'd go for the PJ myself.
Of course - after the event it's easy to say they themselves wanted the dogs to come - perfect spin.

It's always been my conviction that the GNR dogs were more than enough for the McCanns. It is one of the many reasons I think that Maddie was long gone from 5a on the 3rd. There was no way they could know how quickly the PJ would deploy the dogs, it might even have been that night.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by Guest on 11.02.12 15:52

DVD Rogatory Letters 3rd volume
Martin Grime Rogatory Interview


Dated May 14 2008

I am a retired police offer, previously at the service of the South Yorkshire police. Between August 1-8, 2007, and while working for the South Yorkshire police, I collaborated with the Judicial Police, Portugal, as regards their Operations Task Force.
On the 17th of August 2007, I completed a report for the Head of Investigations of the Judicial Police, which was submitted by the Leicestershire Police. This report is exhibited as MG/1 and identified by the label bearing my signature. The Judicial Police is in possession of the originals of the search reports and the videos showing all searches performed and the reaction of the dogs


http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES_RIGATORY.htm

The request came from Portugal, not from the McCann's.

Donal MacIntyre is just on a wind up again by the looks of things.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by Guest on 11.02.12 15:56

Stella wrote:The McCann's never called the dogs in.

IIRC it may have been in Goncalo's book that it was the English police that suggested the dogs. Can't remember if it is in the files. My point was what an ambiguous tweet from DM saying the McCanns called them but that they were notoriously unreliable big grin daft i don\'t know

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by Guest on 11.02.12 16:01

candyfloss wrote:
Stella wrote:The McCann's never called the dogs in.

IIRC it may have been in Goncalo's book that it was the English police that suggested the dogs. Can't remember if it is in the files. My point was what an ambiguous tweet from DM saying the McCanns called them but that they were notoriously unreliable

Oh, I agree Candyfloss. It was probably Lee Rainbow or Jose de Freitas, or "call me Stu" Prior who might have first suggested it to Amaral.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by russiandoll on 11.02.12 16:11

I recall reading on McCann files articles in British press about how the PJ were resistant to dogs being sent from the UK and that it was scandalous. I remember reading these when they were written and could not believe at the time that a professional police force would refuse asistance from specialist dogs when they were trying to establish what had happened to a very young child.
As for McIntyre, he needs to get his facts right, such as Kate not shouting down from 5a to the tapas area that Maddie had vanished.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by Ollie on 11.02.12 16:21

The McCanns definitely didn't bring the dogs in, and were not happy about it. KM says in her bewk "we wanted to talk about one hundred days without Madeleine, the search, and the launch of 'Don't you forget about me' on YouTube; they wanted to talk about blood and dogs". If they had brought the dogs in I am sure they would of been happy to talk to reporters about it and would of said they had requested them. Instead they tried to avoid all questions about the dogs.

I also read in Goncalo Amarals book that GM was seen in the hire car close to the apartment the night Eddie and Keila were taken into the apartment. It would seem he did not look happy at all.

Ollie

Posts : 262
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by aiyoyo on 11.02.12 17:32

@russiandoll wrote: I recall reading on McCann files articles in British press about how the PJ were resistant to dogs being sent from the UK and that it was scandalous. I remember reading these when they were written and could not believe at the time that a professional police force would refuse asistance from specialist dogs when they were trying to establish what had happened to a very young child.
As for McIntyre, he needs to get his facts right, such as Kate not shouting down from 5a to the tapas area that Maddie had vanished.

I remember the dogs were widely discussed at the then 3As.
It seems the PJ did not take up the UK Police 1st offer of bringing in the dogs, because as I understand it, either they were not informed specifically, or did not understand, that the dogs that UK suggested were specialized, trained in the detection of blood and cadaver.
It was only later, on subsequent offer that the PJ accepted it.
It's a great shame the first opportunity was missed. Some put this down to language barrier that led to the miscommunication between the two police forces.






aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by T4two on 11.02.12 17:59

The dogs were suggested by British crime expert Mark Harrison. The McCanns did not request them - that's how they spun it afterwards. They should have expressed complete shock and concern at the dogs' behaviour;instead they reacted defensively and tried to discredit them as being unreliable once they could be sure that the forensic evidence was insufficient to confirm it. A big red flag for most observers, but then there's no book that tells one how to react in that kind of situation is there....? Yes, the Portuguese did turn down the offer initially but would it have made any difference? IMO only if at that stage the body were still in a temporary hiding place.

T4two

Posts : 166
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-01-22
Age : 68
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by tigger on 11.02.12 19:04

@T4two wrote:The dogs were suggested by British crime expert Mark Harrison. The McCanns did not request them - that's how they spun it afterwards. They should have expressed complete shock and concern at the dogs' behaviour;instead they reacted defensively and tried to discredit them as being unreliable once they could be sure that the forensic evidence was insufficient to confirm it. A big red flag for most observers, but then there's no book that tells one how to react in that kind of situation is there....? Yes, the Portuguese did turn down the offer initially but would it have made any difference? IMO only if at that stage the body were still in a temporary hiding place.

That's what I thought. But when exactly did the McCanns know that these particular and highly acclaimed dogs were going to be in Portugal? I am hoping that this might have been arranged as early as the beginning of June - that would fit a pet theory of mine... if not, then not.
TM nearly always has the wrong reaction - instead dreaming up scenarios in which the new discovery would fit. Even in the book, Kate suggests a buried body from which the DNA was then taken in order to plant it in the Renault.
Beginning of June imo, the body could well still have been in a temporary hiding place.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by ShuBob on 11.02.12 19:17

candyfloss wrote:From D MacIntyre tweets...............


DonalMacIntyreDonal MacIntyre

@papashango1 cadaver dogs were called in by McCanns - they wanted every assistance - but dogs are notoriously unreliable

1 hour ago

*********


More tweets here........

http://twitter.com/DonalMacIntyre

McIntyre SURELY is taking the biscuit? How can someone with a modicum of commonsense come up with that? So he wants people to believe the McCanns called in dogs they knew were unreliable? What for?


ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Sunday news article

Post by Ollie on 11.02.12 19:30

Donal Macintyre tweeted but dogs are notoriously unreliable. Would he care to explain why the police, customs and many others use dogs if they are so unreliable. He clearly doesn't know what he is talking about. A complete idiot imo.

Ollie

Posts : 262
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum