The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Mm11

Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Mm11

Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Regist10

Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

To say that Madeleine's disappearance is a complete mystery...

Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 15 ]
Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Vote_lcap57%Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 41 ]
Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 72

Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'?

Post by Liz Eagles 07.02.12 11:31

Jean wrote:All together now - let's have a rousing chorus of the old Toyah song "It's a mystery".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1c1ed72arI

Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 977352 to everyone at Carter-Ruck.

I love it...let's put Toyah's delightful (and I mean that) lisp onto it and call it a 'Myth-story'. If someone says I'm gay does that mean I'm homosexual or happy? They really IMO are clutching at straws here.

If I'm a happy homosexual does that mean I'm a gay gay?

I'm adding (again). Splitting hairs on the meaning of a word is poor show. If a civil court judge can give that any credence then my beloved country is well and truly stuffed along with lawyers who could bill a client and argue the toss about it.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'?

Post by sammyc 07.02.12 12:26

Surely this means that Clarence is going to get Carter-Rucked then? He's said more or less the same thing as TB hasn't he?

Hold on folks - it looks like the wheels are starting to come loose from the McCann juggernaut!
sammyc
sammyc

Activity : 383

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 07.02.12 16:24

Letter from Isabel Hudson of Carter-Ruck, 5 February 2010:

“The statement on your website ‘The fact is that the disappearance of Madeleine McCann remains a mystery’ constitutes a further actionable libel. Readers of your website will have understood this statement to mean that there are indeed grounds to suspect our clients of having caused the death of their daughter and having conspired to cover this up”.

Is that all she said? Did she qualify her statement with any other comments?

If she didn't then I am shocked that your statement constitutes a libel. As virtually everyone else has already stated, the child remains missing and as there is no absoloute concrete proof of how she went missing it is a bit of a mystery. Puzzling.

Kololi
Kololi

Activity : 687

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 07.02.12 18:04

Kololi wrote:Letter from Isabel Hudson of Carter-Ruck, 5 February 2010:

“The statement on your website ‘The fact is that the disappearance of Madeleine McCann remains a mystery’ constitutes a further actionable libel. Readers of your website will have understood this statement to mean that there are indeed grounds to suspect our clients of having caused the death of their daughter and having conspired to cover this up”.

Is that all she said? Did she qualify her statement with any other comments?

If she didn't then I am shocked that your statement constitutes a libel. As virtually everyone else has already stated, the child remains missing and as there is no absoloute concrete proof of how she went missing it is a bit of a mystery. Puzzling.

mys·ter·y
1    [mis-tuh-ree, -tree] Show IPA
noun, plural -ter·ies.
anything that is kept secret or remains unexplained or unknown: the mysteries of nature.
any affair, thing, or person that presents features or qualities so obscure as to arouse curiosity or speculation: The masked guest is an absolute mystery to everyone.
a novel, short story, play, or film whose plot involves a crime or other event that remains puzzlingly unsettled until the very end: a mystery by Agatha Christie.
obscure, puzzling, or mysterious quality or character: the mystery of Mona Lisa's smile.
any truth that is unknowable except by divine revelation.

a mystery is in fact what this case is. Why has a lawyer acting in the McCann's interests" purported" a theory that we might as a readership not have come up with minus her input? All the readers hold as an opinion I would presume is that the case is a mystery we would like to look into with the aim of discovering something....fancy this person stating a theory that can be construed as libellous....indeed, and it is she who suggests the libellous scenario !

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.02.12 23:32

Hello all,

I specifically registered on this forum today after much resistance because of this topic.
To say Maddie's disappearance is a mystery is libelous? This is preposterous Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 359723. This is nothing but bullying and I hope these bullies get their comeuppance sooner rather than later. So because they have money they can do as they please? They will get what's coming to them. Of that I have little doubt!
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.02.12 4:33

littlepixie wrote:It is a complete mystery to me what happened to Madeleine McCann and to everyone else on the earth. Until she is found it will REMAIN a mystery. The only people it wouldn't be a mystery to are the ones who know where she is and who put her there.

Eta EXACTLY PeterMac

By that reasoning it would mean that CR knew where she is and who put her there, hence it is not a "mystery' to them.

Otherwise, CR does not know the definition of "mystery" just like gerry does not know the definition of "purport" - they are two peas in a pod.

Any unsolved crime or thing unknown is a mystery, even a two-year will tell you that.

How else can anyone term the unsolved and mysterious circumstances surrounding missing Madeleine.
And, for that matter, CR should highlight to their notorious clients that their own spin servant, CM, originates the word "mystery" and he's oft-quoted by the newspapers. So if that is libellous, why aren't they suing their own mouthpiece or the papers that quoted him?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.02.12 4:59

ShuBob wrote:Hello all,

I specifically registered on this forum today after much resistance because of this topic.
To say Maddie's disappearance is a mystery is libelous? This is preposterous Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 359723. This is nothing but bullying and I hope these bullies get their comeuppance sooner rather than later. So because they have money they can do as they please? They will get what's coming to them. Of that I have little doubt!

Good to see you here. I echo that.
Me, too, I believe they will get their comeuppance SOON if the speculation of interview of the Tapas 7 and reconstruction to be carried out by the Yard are to be believed.

It's not so much money alone that enables them to do as they please since without the help of unscrupulous lawyers willing to take on their cause even if they have all the gold in the world it would be useless.

The mccanns are prostituting their moral values for money while the lawyers helping them are prostituting their souls also for money.
At the end of the day is about $.

How can the suing of people and seizure of their assets or bankrupting them or even committing them to HM prison makes a difference to their search for Maddie which should have been priority. Who gives a shit what the ignorance have to say, but not the mccanns - they are bothered by what others have to say.

It beggars belief CR's willingness to encourage the mccanns' insanity.
Isabel Hudson should read up the definition of "mystery" as universally known, and not just by mccanns' dictionary.
To suggest that it is libellous to say Madeleine's disappearance is mystery is complete madness, I cant believe a law firm such as CR could reduce themselves to that for sake of money. They didn't have to stoop to their clients' level, not as if the mccanns are pointing a gun at their temple.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 08.02.12 7:51

ShuBob wrote:Hello all,

Welcome ShuBob. I think I know you from another place. I hope you enjoy and find it informative here welcome2

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.02.12 11:03

Donal McIntyre's article Feb 5th 2012...............

[snipped]

The Madeleine McCann mystery is a case where everyone has an often heated opinion

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Empty Mystery

Post by Algarvian 11.02.12 20:15

Stating that something IS, can be discussed. Telling what your opinion is something different.
"To me the McBehaviour is a total mystery"
"I feel repulsion, seeing the couple"
Who can Carter-Ruck me for this?
Algarvian

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 11.02.12 23:35

Why don't the cowards at CR who sent 5 barristers/solicitors to bully Tony Bennett, do the same to the BBC, who also stated"
'The Mystery of Madeleine McCann' - BBC Panorama - broadcast on 19 November 2007?

and to every single media outlet, including Clarence Mitchell, who have all stated, at one time or another, that the disppearance of MBM is a mystery, because that is what it is. A mystery.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by The Slave 12.02.12 0:12

Good point, Maebee.
Nice one.
The Slave
The Slave

Activity : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by Algarvian 12.02.12 1:27

And that is, Maebee, why this mystery point is a very weak point. No judge can take this seriously!
Algarvian

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 12.02.12 3:55

welcome2 ShuBob

It's a mystery to me too why they should think the word mystery is libellous.
Have to trash all the dictionaries and start again!

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 12.02.12 4:28

candyfloss wrote:Donal McIntyre's article Feb 5th 2012...............

[snipped]

The Madeleine McCann mystery is a case where everyone has an often heated opinion

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Oh dear, could it be because the use of the word "mystery' would suggest that the mccanns were indeed implicated in their daughter's disappearance, according to Isabel Hudson at CR?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 12.02.12 13:52

The alternative is that the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is not a mystery. This says to me, at least, that the parents know what happened exactly. Is this the impression that Isabelle Hudson wishes for us all to have?

Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 12.02.12 14:34

Shibboleth wrote:The alternative is that the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is not a mystery. This says to me, at least, that the parents know what happened exactly. Is this the impression that Isabelle Hudson wishes for us all to have?

It would suggest it is not a mystery to Isabel Hudson, meaning she was (likely) allowed in the know. Does that make her an accomplice?
Isabel Hudson sworn on affidavit this and that against TB, she's better prayed her clients aren't lying to her. Either that, or that they are not going to be exposed.

Will mccanns become Carter Ruck's nemesis? Will they suffer the mccanns' curse? Will the mccanns drag them into the mud and cause a downfall in their reputation? Time will tell.

Just as Clarence Mitchell, CR's name is now also synonymous with the mccanns.
In fact, the mccanns' notorious reputation has surpassed them two, so much so that when CM and CR are mentioned in the Press or Media their names are invariably linked to the mccanns case. As if the mccanns made them notable; and as if their past achievements and credits pale in comparison to their representation of the mccanns case. Isn't it ironic, all their past records dwarf by high profile mccanns.
Time will tell whether they will be grateful or woeful they represented the mccanns.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.12 11:52

Article written September 24th 2007

The Madeleine McCann Mystery

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20060436,00.html

ETA - In Press Archives thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.12 12:02

BBC Panorama: 'The Mystery of Madeleine McCann'

'The Mystery of Madeleine McCann' - BBC Panorama, was broadcast on 19 November 2007.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id48.html

The BBC started it, Tony just took their lead. Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 110921
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Algarvian 14.02.12 15:26

I thought it was Gerry himself who said the libellous word! Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 670379
Algarvian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 19.02.12 20:42

Until this case has been solved, it will remain a mystery. Same with any other unsolved case. It goes without saying. I'm really failing to understand how that one phrase, on its own, can be considered libellous.
I haven't read past the first page of this topic, nor many of the other threads on this forum, [relatively new here]so forgive me if I question something already discussed;
It was my understanding that libel is a civil matter, not criminal. Successful litigation would result in financial compensation to the plaintiff. There would be little or no point in suing a person who does not have considerable/sufficient assets to pay any damages due. I of course know nothing about Tony Bennett's financial affairs, so cannot pass comment on whether it would be worth the expense of bringing a libel case to court in the first instance.
Forgive my ignorance, but I didn't realise that libel was punishable by imprisonment? What am I missing or getting very wrong here?
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by mexx 28.02.12 16:22

Isn't there a multi-million pound review going on precisely because there is a mystery to be solved?
mexx

Activity : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 29.02.12 2:33

mexx wrote:Isn't there a multi-million pound review going on precisely because there is a mystery to be solved?

Hail Mary!
God forbids, when the mccanns hear that!

Just hearing the "M" word mentioned drives them crazy - they can't stand the "M" word.
Incidentally "M" also stands for Madeleine, and we know how they got rid of what they couldn't stand, don't we?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Is it libellous to say that Madeleine's disappearance is a 'mystery'? - Page 2 Empty The dreaded M word

Post by Guest 29.02.12 8:54

I also think of morality, something that seems to be completely lacking with all of Team McCann. Whatever happened to basic human decency?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mira2 11.08.12 0:28

Jean on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:54 am

I also think of morality, something that seems to be completely lacking with all of Team McCann. Whatever happened to basic human decency?
Five years down the line and I have yet to get the message across that Gerry McCann was on the phone to an old Uni buddy who just so happened to be New Labours (the Government of the days) behind the scene policy maker, long before he felt the need to contact the cops.
Way I see it Murduch has been the unofficial leader of the UK past 15 years. Blair, Brown, Cameron they are all puppets ----- very rich ones, if not rich before they are rich now. None of this trio are fit for purpose due to the fact that none of them had a natural ability to lead, and apart from Cameron the clown the other two were Scots. How did we end up with T Blair and G Brown 2 scots running westminster?
Just take a look back over the past 15 years ...............Blair, Brown, Mandelson, then take a good look at who was in control in the banking sector over that period. You will find that the Scots win hands down. Why are we putting up with this blatant corruption that we are now suffering the effect of?
You got it, we are the dumbest nation on earth, we are now akin to the corruption that goes on in darkest Africa that has resulted in millions of deaths and great wealth and influence for the few. Difference beween US and darkest Africa is that WE have had an education we have had it good for a long time, and
WE should not be putting up with CRAP.
We in the west who have had it good owe it to the rest of this little planet who our masters have used and abused, to speak out and demand that our politicians are fit for purpose and that the justice system is overhauled to ensure that it too is fit of purpose. It is my belief that the justice system is tweeked to serve the one percenters who enjoy great privilege and amass great wealth at our expense.
It is a given that if there is a loophole there will be something to fill it.
MY POINT IS THIS: IF THE SYSTEM WAS FIT FOR PURPOSE, WE WOULD NOT NEED FORUMS SUCH AS THIS.

P.S. thank you Jill for being the giving person that you are, it is people like you who care enough that make a world.
mira2

Activity : 97

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top