The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 Mm11

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 Mm11

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 Regist10

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 Empty Re: Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012)

Post by scotclogs 30.01.12 4:37

candyfloss wrote:It's very strange isn't it sijm, the pros keep harping on about Madeleine being found, and here is a person giving up her time, to go and actively search and ask questions, and for some strange reason they are so frightened of her going. Why would that be? Do you think she might uncover something? Hopefully, she will, because after all we want the truth of whatever happened don't we?

Well said candyfloss clapping
scotclogs
scotclogs

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 Empty Re: Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012)

Post by rainbow-fairy 30.01.12 7:47

Firstly, I'd like to extend grateful thanks to Pat for all you are doing for Madeleine. May the truth shine bright for you.
Secondly, I'd like to know why on earth 'sijm' seems to think Pat needs any form of nod, or authority, or anything else from SY?!? You said and I paraphrase 'she will be going without vital new evidence SY have uncovered'! Well, have they? I haven't heard anything, and I don't think you'll find Pat would agree she 'needs' anything from SY... Pat Brown, if I'm not wrong, works independently which means she doesn't NEED authority or evidence from SY or anybody else to do her own investigation, that's the whole point.
You don't seem cock-a-hoop, sijm, that Pat is going out there. So far I've only noted McCann apologists kicking off about this, and you're not one of them, now are you sijm???
IIRC, Pat has ALWAYS said that if she turns up evidence pointing to an abductor and the McCanns innocence she will happily follow it (and I believe her) yet STILL the Pro's are terrified by the prospect of Pat in PdL. Why would they be if they are so SURE the McCanns are innocent?
I'll leave this post with Pats assertion that 'this trip will cost no-one money but me' - quite. What a refreshing change... Wink
ETA: Go Pat. My thoughts are with you for a safe and fruitful trip.

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.01.12 11:21

rainbow-fairy wrote:
IIRC, Pat has ALWAYS said that if she turns up evidence pointing to an abductor and the McCanns innocence she will happily follow it (and I believe her) yet STILL the Pro's are terrified by the prospect of Pat in PdL. Why would they be if they are so SURE the McCanns are innocent?

Given that it won't cost team Mccann anything out of their precious fund, you think they'd be overjoyedthat rather than have a group of keystone-cops amateur PIs running around the lawless hills and paying them a small fortune for the effort, here is someone with a wealth of experience and expertise doing it for nowt!

So I think the phrase " no stone unturned" depends for them on who it is that is doing the turning...

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 30.01.12 13:23

Stewie wrote:
rainbow-fairy wrote:

Given that it won't cost team Mccann anything out of their precious fund, you think they'd be overjoyed that rather than have a group of keystone-cops amateur PIs runn
ing around the lawless hills and paying them a small fortune for the effort, here is someone with a wealth of experience and expertise doing it for nowt!

So I think the phrase " no stone unturned" depends for them on who it is that is doing the turning...

Exactly, Stewie - seconded.

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 Empty Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading tp Portugal on Feb 6th

Post by sijm 30.01.12 17:37

I have no hassle with Pat, I certainly had a really good laught at watching her pet piggy (who is now sadly demised) have a go at a TV Presenter, it was so funny.

Pat seems a savvy lady and of good character and if I could help her in some way, I would advise her to put her rock climbing boots on when searching beneath the Rocha Negra cliffs, it can be very dangerous with the overhanging cliffs just above.

My main worry remains, that of jeopardizing Madeleine's case if it ever came to court.

It has been known in the past where cases have been thrown out of court for reason of unfair trial due to media reporting, Pat will no doubt gather a hudge media gathering, yes, her carreer may be on the line here , but so true justice for Madeleine, which ever way it goes.

Good rock climbing Pat, I mean it!
sijm

Activity : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 02.02.12 6:44

http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/2012/02/press-release-cease-and-desist-letter.html

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012

Press Release: Cease-and-Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann, parents of Missing Madeleine McCann
PRESS RELEASE

Gerry and Kate McCann, parents of the missing Madeleine McCann, find themselves for the first time at the other end of a potential legal action. Top defense attorney, Anne Bremner, counsel to the Friends of Amanda Knox and the families of Rebecca Zahau and Susan Cox Powell, has issued a cease-and-desist letter (content posted below) on behalf of American criminal profiler Pat Brown whose book, Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann was removed from sale by Amazon following a claim by the McCanns that the book was defamatory. In recent years, the McCanns have instructed their solicitors, Carter-Ruck, to send numerous cease-and-desist letters to people who have publicly questioned their possible involvement in their daughter’s disappearance nearly five years ago while on family holiday in Portugal.

Next week on February 8th, retired solicitor Tony Bennett faces English prison as the McCanns’ fight to shut down his efforts to bring focus to aspects of the missing child case that point to the parents’ possible involvement. Also, the McCanns have sued the detective on their daughter’s case, Dr. Goncalo Amaral, for libel and have had his book, Truth of the Lie, pulled off the worldwide market. The trial is scheduled in Portugal for April. Now, Pat Brown has fought back for the cause of freedom of speech and justice, alleging that the McCanns have interfered with her right to conduct business and have damaged her professional reputation with their successful removal of her book from sale. On Monday, Pat will leave for Portugal to continue her quest for truth and justice in the case of Madeleine McCann. The Find Madeleine Campaign operated by Gerry and Kate McCann has spent some 2.5 million pounds on the supposed search for their daughter, Madeline, who vanished in Praia da Luz, Portugal while on vacation with the family nearly five years ago and come up empty handed. Since last May, a 37-man team headed up by Scotland Yard has spent 1.5 million pounds on salaries plus many more pounds following up supposed leads with no sign of success. Altogether, four million pounds has been forked out to locate a missing child with zero results. What, then, does American criminal profiler Pat Brown hope to accomplish with her two week trip to Portugal, beginning next week on February 6, with her small band of assistants and a few hundred euros of her own money?
She could find the truth. She could find Madeleine. She could find nothing but at least she won’t be costing the taxpayers millions or draining the pocketbooks of kindhearted donators chasing useless leads.

Pat Brown will be following up on the theory she purported in her Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, her eBook which was pulled by Amazon at the request of the British solicitors Carter-Ruck on behalf of Gerry and Kate McCann. Amazon was told the book was defamatory in spite of the fact Ms. Brown clearly stated facts in the case, developed a theory based on those facts, and repeated numerous times that she makes no claim that the McCanns are guilty of any involvement in their daughter’s disappearance (other than leaving three children unattended night after night in the resort apartment). Since Gerry McCann clearly stated during the Levinson hearing, “I strongly believe in freedom of speech” and “I don't have a problem with somebody purporting a theory,” it is difficult to understand why the McCanns wanted the book to be repressed except that it was selling well and that the theory she presented was being considered credible by a number of readers.

During her trip to Portugal, Pat Brown will study the town of Praia da Luz and environs, reconstruct the crime, and examine possible locations as to where Madeleine might have been taken, dead or alive. If she discovers evidence to support a theory other than the one that was the focus of her book, she will pursue that information. She is looking forward to meeting with Dr. Goncalo Amaral, the ex-detective on the McCann case. Meanwhile, it is her hope and that of her lawyer, Anne Bremner, that the McCanns rethink their actions regarding the Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann and instruct their solicitors to have Amazon return the book to the market (now available at Smashwords and Barnes & Noble online).

For interviews and media appearances, please contact:

Pat Brown
The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 02.02.12 6:46

http://www.amazon.com

This was quite a surprise to Pat Brown as she had never received any communications from the McCanns nor their solicitors concerning any defamatory material in this book nor had she ever received any communication concerning any defamatory material in her blogs on the case she has posted online at The Daily Profiler over the last four years. As Ms. Brown is an analyst of evidence, she is careful to not state anything as a fact that is not a fact and to clearly state what is a hypothesis or a theory as opposed to proof. She has publicly and repeated explained to anyone reading her analyses of crime that criminal profiling is a methodology which explores the possible and theoretical scenarios that might be considered as logical based on evidence connected with the crime - forensic, linguistic, or behavioral. Any findings resulting from investigative tools which are not acceptable in certain courts of law (such as cadaver dogs or polygraphs) are noted as suitable for speculation, but not as solid proof of anyone’s guilt or involvement in criminal activities. Criminal profiling itself is an investigative tool and not a finding of guilt as Pat Brown clearly notes in her book.

Due to the speculative, if analytical, nature of Deductive Criminal Profiling, the methodology used by Pat Brown, she was careful to repeat numerous times throughout her publication that she was not accusing the McCanns of being involved in any crime or in the disappearance of their daughter, Madeleine. She was clearly only “purporting a theory” and exercising “free speech,” both manners of communication Gerry McCann stated he strongly supported under oath at the Leveson Inquiry on November 23, 2011 in London:

I would like to emphasise that I strongly believe in freedom of speech, but where you have people who are repeatedly carrying out inaccuracies and have been shown to do so, then they should be held to account. That is the issue. I don't have a problem with somebody purporting a theory, writing fiction, suggestions, but clearly we've got to a stage where substandard reporting and sources, unnamed, made-up, non-verifiable, are a daily occurrence.” Gerry McCann

As Pat Brown also believes in free speech and the right to purport a theory, it would seem she and Gerry McCann are in agreement that any work that purports a theory as opposed to false statements of fact is acceptable under freedom of speech. Pat Brown’s Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann opens up discussion of what happened to the McCann’s daughter, further stimulating interest in the case, and keeping Madeleine in the minds of the public. As the McCanns claim this is what they want, Pat Brown’s book is in accordance with this desire. In fact, it is the McCanns themselves who have clearly encouraged massive interest and speculation on this case. Pat Brown is in no way, therefore, infringing on any wish to keep talk about the case to a minimum.

By speaking and writing out quite often and in such a high profile manner, the McCanns have succeeded in making Madeleine McCann the most well-known missing child in modern history (since the Lindbergh baby in 1932). They have stimulated debate worldwide as to what happened to Madeleine. They have publicly purported their own theories; that someone took Madeleine because they wanted to raise a child, that she is being held captive in a sex ring, and that a pedophile had taken her. They have publicly disclosed many details of the case and repeatedly told their version of what occurred before, during, and after the disappearance of the daughter. They have discussed their emotions, behaviors, and opinions. Pat Brown is carrying on that discussion.

Utmost of importance in the entire matter, is the handling and funding of child abduction cases, the prevailing attitudes toward these crimes, and the future of catching child predators. Because the victims are so young and innocent, missing children are among the most publicized cases in the world. In the last three decades with the increase of the Internet and the 24-hour news cycle, awareness of child sex predators and stranger child abduction has radically increased fears of parents that their child will be taken and murdered. In reality, stranger abduction continues to be exceedingly rare for children of Madeleine’s age. Regardless, the paranoia that is engendered when a small child goes missing is a great stress to the community, the police, and resources. Therefore, it is extremely important that each and every case be properly analyzed and understood so that wrong ideas aren’t promulgated and funding and efforts are wasted investigating such crimes improperly. Each child that goes missing is a terrible tragedy for the parents, siblings, relative, friends, and community. Pat has great empathy for any family of a missing child and, most of all, compassion for the innocent young person who has suffered abuse, terror, sexual assault, and, possibly, an early death at the hands of others.

We are requesting that you respect Pat Brown’s right to free speech and to purport a theory as Gerry McCann has stated is not a problem for him. We request that the claim of libel be retracted for the Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the book permitted to be returned for sale at Amazon.

Regards,

Anne M. Bremner

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 02.02.12 9:11

well done PatCriminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 50899 .over to you clarence,lets see you spin this
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.02.12 13:14

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 321268 or as they say in America, way-to-go Ms Bremner. Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 351181
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 02.02.12 13:43

Stella wrote:Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 321268 or as they say in America, way-to-go Ms Bremner. Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 351181

I am glad Pat mentioned Tony and Goncalo. Two fine upstanding citizens!
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.02.12 14:01

That is a very well written piece and I think Carter Ruck's bullying days are about to come to an end. Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 181154
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kikoraton 02.02.12 14:55

Bon voyage, Pat! I'd like to think the UK Press will give your quest sympathetic coverage, but I doubt it. The good folk of PdL may be willing to speak to you, if they think it will be discreet.
kikoraton
kikoraton
Researcher

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 02.02.12 15:45

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Stella wrote:Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 321268 or as they say in America, way-to-go Ms Bremner. Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 351181

I am glad Pat mentioned Tony and Goncalo. Two fine upstanding citizens!

It is certainly good to know that mccanns have been given their own doze of bitter medicine to cease and desist. They have after all dozed it out to at least three upstanding and outstanding citizens in two continents and three countries; as well as various newspapers in the UK.

I get a funny feeling they might back down or settle out of court with Pat, especially if they lose out to Amaral; and they are going to lose imo. They are now clutching at straws, armed with a long list of last minute witnesses, to attempt to turn it around before they even start. They are all drowning, desperately hoping someone will throw them a buoy.

If Blacksmith's source is reliable, the mccanns list of witnesses from UK, all comprising family members and croonies, I am not one bit surprised, but some of the more colourful characters from Portugal on their list is indeed an eye opener.

With that many witnesses on their stand, it will be an entertaining circus show, which should be interesting if Pat can get into the Court. It might be a good idea if Pat can persuade a reporter from the USA press to tag along to cover her case, after all the mccanns tried to suppress her, an American citizen, from free speech which is a serious breach of the American's first amendment.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by kikoraton 02.02.12 16:11

But hasn't the Lisbon case been postponed until April?
kikoraton
kikoraton
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 02.02.12 16:45

kikoraton wrote:But hasn't the Lisbon case been postponed until April?

Pat has said she is willing to return to Lisbon for the court case.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by kikoraton 02.02.12 18:18

thumbup
kikoraton
kikoraton
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.02.12 1:45

The mccanns had one game too many when they messed with Pat. Pat is going to return them as good as they give out and the mccanns must be prepared to go to war (not battle) with Pat because Pat has equally, if not bigger, presence and a hugh audience in the USA. And, dont forget Americans hate to be suppressed. This suppression coming from foreigners (a pair of British doctors) who admitted to have left their children alone, and whom the police believed were involved in their disappeared daughter, and yet to be exonerated by a Court of Law is going to infuriate the America's public if Pat should bring her plight to the America public through the media.

The belief that the mccanns got away because of they are white, middle class, and professionals; with their adeptness at media manipulation using their influential connections won't sit well with the Americans either - something which otherwise they would not have gotten away if they were a pair of low pond life living off the state. If anything people also hate to be manipulated by sly high-class criminals (meaning the mccanns-category, at the other end of the spectrum to those low class hardcore criminals) who think themselves clever enough to pull the wool over people's eyes.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 03.02.12 8:42

I would suspect that the McCann's argument will be something on the lines of: "Amazon pulled the book of their own accord, nothing to do with us...."

Good luck to Pat. Fortunately I downloaded her book before Amazon pulled it. It seems as good a theory as any to me - but unless a proper investigation is re-opened I suspect we will never know what happened and it will remain a theory. Let us hope that she finds out something useful which she can pass on to the PJ.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.02.12 8:54

candyfloss wrote:It's very strange isn't it sijm, the pros keep harping on about Madeleine being found, and here is a person giving up her time, to go and actively search and ask questions, and for some strange reason they are so frightened of her going. Why would that be? Do you think she might uncover something? Hopefully, she will, because after all we want the truth of whatever happened don't we?

much better to use a UK psychic hey? Lord forbid that someone with credibility may actually be able to help. Much better to go on the Oprah show, visit the Pope, talk to Lorraine Kelly, write a book, do fun-runs to raise awareness for all missing children. Oh, and don't forget those daft dogs hey!

I'm editing to add. Isn't it strange that the US were used to produce age advanced photographs (please someone help me out with the Youtube link for that) and yet a criminal profiler from the US is discounted.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13368

Back to top Go down

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 Empty Criminal Profiler Pat Broen will be heading to Portugal on Fb 6th

Post by sijm 03.02.12 19:53

If there was factual research I could help Pat with, that would be to do a little snooping upon the lines of that blood stained Aztec designed towel, the one found in the abadoned barn by the Portugues police.

The nearby resort of Meia Praia is the beach where a galleon sank full of Aztec gold, so, I assume lots of Hotels, B/B Houses would play on this as a tourist attraction.

When Murat's uncle Ralph Eveleight, his friend and sister Jenny Murat (nee Eveleight) who is Ralph's sister and mother to Robert Murat, When they left British shores for the Algarve, Ralph set out with his friend to start up a surfing/ water sports company.

Meia Praia beach is a tourist attraction for water sports.

I researched Murat in 2007 and came across the Eveleights adverts for their B/B Villa Salsalito, since then they have changed B/B holiday advert company a few times to advertise their Villa Salsalito, so I was lucky to hunt it down on the web.

Why was I so adamants to hunt it down , you may well ask, I had had a flash back of seeing a Mexican designed Room in the Villa, well, turns out in that brochure they had mention the names of rooms they let and the design they are in as in the following,

The Sintra room has a calming theme in Salmon and willow colours with Mexican funiture. Mexican as in AZTEC.

(Anyone know what colours that blood stained Aztec towel was, the one police found in that barn)?

Your welcome to try to get the advert on the web under, Holiday Homes in Algarve, but like I said I know they have change companies since 2007
sijm

Back to top Go down

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on February 6th (2012) - Page 2 Empty Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will be heading to Portugal on Fe 6th.

Post by sijm 04.02.12 16:22

Just thought I would add O'Brian seems a very high profile and common name in Mexico and there ia a well established Irish settlement there.
sijm

Back to top Go down

Post by kikoraton 04.02.12 18:33

I think we can rely on Pat Brown to be very selective, sijm.
kikoraton
kikoraton
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.02.12 9:31

With acknowledgement to the Missing Madeleine site:

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t18934-invitation-to-meet-pat-brown-at-heathrow-tuesday-morning#370475
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.02.12 9:58

Jean wrote:With acknowledgement to the Missing Madeleine site:

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t18934-invitation-to-meet-pat-brown-at-heathrow-tuesday-morning#370475

Pat Brown tweeted (at approx. 3:00 PM EST Sunday) "If anyone is available Tues. morning 10am-12pm & would like to meet with me for coffee (& McCann talk) at Heathrow Hilton/Sofitel, DM me."

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebootje 06.02.12 11:33

sijm wrote:If there was factual research I could help Pat with, that would be to do a little snooping upon the lines of that blood stained Aztec designed towel, the one found in the abadoned barn by the Portugues police.

The nearby resort of Meia Praia is the beach where a galleon sank full of Aztec gold, so, I assume lots of Hotels, B/B Houses would play on this as a tourist attraction.

When Murat's uncle Ralph Eveleight, his friend and sister Jenny Murat (nee Eveleight) who is Ralph's sister and mother to Robert Murat, When they left British shores for the Algarve, Ralph set out with his friend to start up a surfing/ water sports company.

Meia Praia beach is a tourist attraction for water sports.

I researched Murat in 2007 and came across the Eveleights adverts for their B/B Villa Salsalito, since then they have changed B/B holiday advert company a few times to advertise their Villa Salsalito, so I was lucky to hunt it down on the web.

Why was I so adamants to hunt it down , you may well ask, I had had a flash back of seeing a Mexican designed Room in the Villa, well, turns out in that brochure they had mention the names of rooms they let and the design they are in as in the following,

The Sintra room has a calming theme in Salmon and willow colours with Mexican funiture. Mexican as in AZTEC.

(Anyone know what colours that blood stained Aztec towel was, the one police found in that barn)?

Your welcome to try to get the advert on the web under, Holiday Homes in Algarve, but like I said I know they have change companies since 2007

Nothing about that in de files.
Bebootje

Activity : 93

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top