The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 4 Mm11

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 4 Mm11

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 4 Regist10

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 4 Empty Re: MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later

Post by Ollie 25.01.12 14:54

The McCanns let Kevin Halligen rob them of about 500k unyet do nothing about it, they seemed totally unconcerned. They didn't even use this to get on the front pages of the newspapers, which is unusual for them. Letting him get away with it hampered the search for Madeleine - that money could of gone to the PIs to do more investigating, paid for the phone hotlines, that money could of been used in so many ways in the so called search for Madeleine.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 4 Empty Re: MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later

Post by Pershing36 25.01.12 15:21

Ollie wrote:The McCanns let Kevin Halligen rob them of about 500k unyet do nothing about it, they seemed totally unconcerned. They didn't even use this to get on the front pages of the newspapers, which is unusual for them. Letting him get away with it hampered the search for Madeleine - that money could of gone to the PIs to do more investigating, paid for the phone hotlines, that money could of been used in so many ways in the so called search for Madeleine.

Bet they don't quote this post on the forum who has a thread shadowing this one.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.01.12 17:26

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html
Rumours, 24 January 2012

Rumours

EXCLUSIVE to mccannfiles.com

By Dr Martin Roberts
24 January 2012

RUMOURS
"We'd never lied about anything – not to the police, not to the media, not to anyone else. But now we found ourselves in one of those tricky situations where we just didn't seem to have a choice." (Kate McCann in 'Madeleine,' pp. 205-6).

The McCanns have begun litigation against Tony Bennett for alleged defamation concerning, among a variety of other things, an earlier undertaking "not to repeat allegations that the Claimants are guilty of, or are to be suspected of...lying about what happened..."

At issue, in this specific instance, is not whether the McCanns have been unerringly truthful, but that Tony Bennett be prevented from alleging the contrary himself, or repeating such allegations by others, in any way shape or form. I.e., he may think what he likes provided he does not voice his own or others' opinion. 'A still tongue keeps a wise head,' so the proverb has it, although that particular stratagem didn't quite work for Sir Thomas More.

The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life, by Erving Goffman, was a groundbreaking book on the subject of social interaction. Here, in the context of 'reputation management,' we have a clear example of how society functions on the basis of pretences, albeit false ones.

The McCanns have lied. Kate McCann has admitted as much in her very own book, as she goes on to say, talking about the passage of information to the media, "As it happened, Gerry had a mild stomach upset which we used as an excuse to postpone the trip." (to Huelva).

The sales figures for Kate's book, 'Madeleine,' if they are to be believed, suggest that the book's overall circulation probably rivals the number of individuals who might have read any or all of Tony Bennett's apparently repeated allegations 'that the Claimants are guilty of, or are to be suspected of...lying about what happened...,' the global reach of the Internet notwithstanding.

So we have this altogether bizarre paradox in which, for the sake of 'keeping up appearances,' what people do or say, whether alone or in company, is not quite so important as how many other people know about it (the presentation of self, if you will).

But that in itself is not the paradox. The real, and quite extraordinary contradiction in this instance is that Tony Bennett's apparent act of defamation consists of his having broadcast 'allegations' of lying to a wider public; allegations which carry a kernel of truth given Kate McCann's own published admission, to a wider public, that they, the McCanns, were prepared to lie - and did so, however 'badly' they may have felt about it afterwards. Remorse is relative in any case, as 'Madeleine' itself harbours various inconsistencies, and Kate McCann has continued to offer 'accounts of the truth' since.

It would be inappropriate, on several levels, to 'allege' anything at this point but, following upon Kate McCann's unequivocal declaration ('We'd never lied about anything – not to the police, not to the media, not to anyone else.') one has to wonder quite how to describe the ever expanding catalogue of 'errors in recall' on the McCanns' part, and whether such a euphemism is itself legally acceptable. Or whether the preferred option (much preferred no doubt) would be to silence discussion completely.

To friends and family members

'The shutters were 'jemmied open'/'smashed.' (They were not even tampered with).

There was a 'system' in place as regards 'checking the children'
For example, Jeremy Wilkins' third (Rogatory) statement to British Police (08.04.08): 'I assumed that Gerry was off to dine with the group in the Tapas bar, but I cannot precisely say this came from him or if I figured this out from our previous conversations regarding the checking system for the children.'

(The witness testimony of Mrs Pamela Fenn and responses during Rogatory interview of Fiona Payne and Matthew Oldfield indicate that there was no 'system' in place at all).
To the police in Portugal

(Thursday). When her lesson ended at 10:15, she went to the recreation area next to the swimming pool to talk to Russell until Gerry's lesson was over. Afterwards... they went back together to the apartment

The more recently published 'account of the truth' reads:

"I returned to our apartment before Gerry had finished his tennis lesson and washed and hung out Madeleine's pyjama top on the veranda." ('Madeleine,' p.64).

To the general public

(Tuesday) "We dropped the kids off at their clubs for the last hour and a half, meeting up with them as usual for tea." ('Madeleine,' p.59).

(Creche records archived among the case files show all the children signed in at 2.30 p.m., the younger twins signed out again at 5.20 p.m., nearly three hours later).

"Friday 4 May. Our first day without Madeleine. As soon as it was light Gerry and I resumed our search. We went up and down roads we'd never seen before..." ('Madeleine,' p.83).

(Kate McCann can be clearly heard, during an early filmed interview with the BBC's Jane Hill, explaining away the fact that the McCanns themselves did not physically search for their daughter).

"Since July 2008 there has been no police force anywhere actively investigating what has happened to Madeleine." (p.364).

(Leicestershire Police have stated in writing (June, 2011) that they view the investigation as 'on-going.').

"...they commented that the man didn't look comfortable carrying the child, as if he wasn't used to it." ('Madeleine,' p.98)

('They' made no such comment. One Smith family member alone described the child as being 'in an uncomfortable position;' uncomfortable for the child, that is).

Under Oath (to Lord Justice Leveson)

'There were no body fluids.'

(This statement refers specifically to media reports of biological material retrieved from the McCanns' hire car (for which hypothetical explanations are advanced on p.264 of 'Madeleine') and virtually denies the existence of a forensic report concerning an analysis of 'body fluids' conducted by the FSS in Birmingham, which is again on record and discussed, at some length, on p.331 of 'Madeleine,' by Kate McCann).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TB should list some of the mccanns lies to support his case.
I particularly like the one where the mccanns told LI they are "persons of interest" when asked about their arguido status, whereas where RM is concerned, kate said in her bewk it means he's an official suspect. This is the kate who also said "We'd never lied about anything – not to the police, not to the media, not to anyone else. But now we found ourselves in one of those tricky situations where we just didn't seem to have a choice."

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 25.01.12 17:34

TheHare wrote:This situation makes me angry. It's rare that I agree with Kate McCann, but she's right, you have to pick your battles. I can assure the McCann's and Carter Ruck that if Mr Bennett seriously suffers a a consequence of their actions they'll have a battle on their hands that they'll regret for the remainder of their days.

This action isnt about justice, its about revenge, and its about attempting to silence anyone who dares question their ludicrous verion of events. They might silence Mr Bennett, but there will always be someone willing to take his place.

Mr Bennett has the truth on his side, serious questions concerning the possible death of an innocent child need to be asked. The only words of encoragement that I can offer is that he doesnt need to lie in court, and that may well be all the advantage he needs.
Absolutely TheHare. Agree 100%. I'm crossing everything I have got for Tony, and I have a gut feeling things will be well.
As you noted, even if they do silence Tony there will be somebody there to take his place. Well, I'm going nowhere. Not now, not ever - I'm not going to stop until there is true justice for Madeleine - whitewashes do not count!

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 26.01.12 2:34

Stella wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Stella wrote:Thinking about it, I am very surprised that SY will allow this trial to proceed. If Tony reveals much of what the investigation would wish to withold, it would leave their investigation and £3.4M of taxpayers money, in a very dubious position IMO. MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 4 160807

Perhaps Tony should let them know.

It does seem odd Stella, that both Tony's and Goncalo's trials were both in February and now both re-scheduled for April. Coincidence again, I doubt it.

That's right Candyfloss. MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 4 302873 Not many have noticed this.

Remind me again why the case against Paul Burrell was all of a sudden halted. Was is because of what might come out. MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 4 181154

I think the Queen intervened on his behalf, if we're talking about the same case, regarding some items he was supposed to have stolen that belonged to Diana, apparently the Queen confirmed that he had in fact been given the items. Well, that's the Queen's version anyway!

With regard to the trials been put back to April, I wonder if the McCanns are gettiing cold feet and are now thinking that things may have gone too far and they are putting together some defence strategy should they be called into Court to answer questions so they need more time, or maybe they've been given the wink that the MET are nearing the end of their "review" and they're waiting to learn of the outcome.
Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by scotclogs 27.01.12 4:55

"Finally, thanks so much to all of you who say kind things about my stand. They may not stop me going to prison, paying a heavy fine, or losing all my savings and my home, but I assure you they are a solace and a comfort at a time of stress, and I appreciate each and every one of them."
Hi Tony
I am SO angry that this is happening to you MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 4 725573 MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 4 442775674 I wish you all the luck to you & your family at this horrible
time. :flower:
scotclogs
scotclogs

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top