The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 Mm11

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 Mm11

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 Regist10

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 Empty Re: MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later

Post by pennylane 24.01.12 10:43

Whatever your decisions Tony, I support you totally and 100%.

Watching, waiting and praying, and feeling quietly confident you will prevail! MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 725573
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 Empty Re: MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later

Post by Pershing36 24.01.12 10:54

The saddest thing is all this time and effort being put into legal libel cases.

What a shame these people can't put their time and effort into finding out where or what happened to that little girl.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 24.01.12 10:57

Thats because there isn't anything to find out, they know what happened

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 Empty MCCANN v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later.

Post by sammyc 24.01.12 11:52

I'd just like to add my good luck message to you Tony and to say you have full support from this and similar forums.

Hopefully the Media will cover the trial - the McCann's have courted them ever since the disappearance of Madeleine, so they shouldn't object to a bit more exposure. After all, the McCanns want to keep Madeleine in the public eye and we are all still being asked to search for her.

I think the tide has been turning slowly for quite some time now and hopefully more people will decide for themselves to find out more about poor Madeleine and what the McCanns true motives are.
sammyc
sammyc

Activity : 383

Back to top Go down

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 Empty The hearing on 8 February

Post by Tony Bennett 24.01.12 12:42

Once again, many thanks for the kind messages.

For those enquiring about the location and timing of the hearing on Wednesday 8 February, it will certainly be at the Royal Courts of Justice at The Strand, but the time of hearing, the Court or Room number where the hearing will be held etc., are not yet known to me.

Yesterday however I did get this reply from Mr James Tipp, Deputy Court Manager:

With regards to the court number, name of Judge and starting time, this will all be confirmed after 2 o'clock on the 7th February 2012. You can obtain this information by ringing our office, alternatively, our list will be published on our website and can be obtained from the following link:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/courts-and-tribunals/courts/hearing-lists/list-queens-bench.htm

UNQUOTE

Unfortunately, he didn't give me the 'phone number nor the title of his office, so I've written back asking for that information so that I know what number to ring. I won't know the exact venue and time until some time in the afternoon on 7 February therefore. If anyone is making their own enquiries that afternoon as to the time and venue, the case will be listed as:

Gerry McCann and Kate McCann -v- Tony Bennett, Court Claim number HQ 09 D 05196

So far, acting as an unrepresented litigant in the High Court has been a dispiriting experience - and extracting information that I need from staff there is worse than extracting blood from a stone.

For example, I have written 5 times to the Masters Support Unit and to the Deputy Court Manager Mr Tipp asking these important questions:

1. Will the hearing be in open court or in chambers?

2. Am I allowed to have someone with me at the hearing to take notes?

These e-mails were sent on:

23 December
30 December
5 January
20 January and
23 January.

Both questions remain completely unanswered.

An unrepresented litigant should at the very least be able to get prompt answers to reasonable questions.
That's not my experience in the Smethurst and McCann litigation thus far.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 24.01.12 13:33

I don't suppose I am alone in being angry that some-one who is in no way connected to the disappearance of Madeleine is facing the possibility of a prison sentence? Why are those who happily to admit to child neglect not up in court and facing a prison sentence?
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 24.01.12 13:46

Miraflores wrote:I don't suppose I am alone in being angry that some-one who is in no way connected to the disappearance of Madeleine is facing the possibility of a prison sentence? Why are those who happily to admit to child neglect not up in court and facing a prison sentence?

Exactly what I feel. The pro's seem to think this is justice for Maddie!
Pershing36
Pershing36

Back to top Go down

Post by BrokenBritain 24.01.12 13:50

Miraflores wrote:I don't suppose I am alone in being angry that some-one who is in no way connected to the disappearance of Madeleine is facing the possibility of a prison sentence? Why are those who happily to admit to child neglect not up in court and facing a prison sentence?

It's not much different to MP's, including the Home Secretary, who fiddled their expenses and got away with it but those who miss their council tax payments end up in jail.
BrokenBritain
BrokenBritain

Activity : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.01.12 14:13

I agree that there's one law for some and one law for others Broken Britain but I would mention that, as far as I know, it's very rare for people to be jailed for not paying their Council Tax and then it's nearly always wilful refusal to pay, not that they can't. I used to work for a local council.

To read messages on news site and forums as to what the lowest element of McCann supporters think that Tony Bennett deserves to happen to him is truly depressing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 Empty McCanns v Bennet

Post by Spaniel 24.01.12 14:13

Hi everyone, bit rushed but I'm trying to be of help to Tony Bennett.

He may be interested in the link regarding McKenzie friends. The Royal courts go one further though, in that they have a Personal Support Unit for litigants in person. http://www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed2352

I think contacting them or CAB at the RCoJ (listed at bottom of linked page) may be more productive than contacting the court itself. I might say I feel cheeky to be advising an ex solicitor, but he must have a huge amount on his mind at present.

I am hopeful for him that all will be settled during the Directions Hearing.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that nowadays there is such a thing as Public Access Barristers, no solicitor neccessary. I found a barrister to be very good value recently as they charge upfront by the day, The first day being loaded and the subsequent ones cheaper. As mine concluded the case on day one, she even refunded the second days fee!

A barrister is court, they know how the mind of a Judge works, they will possibly even know the Judge, if a London Chambers is selected.

I wouldn't dream of going into court on this without at least consulting a barrister beforehand, even if Tony goes on to act as LiP. They will at least give a good idea of the chances. http://www.barcouncil.org.uk/about/find-a-barrister/public-access-directory/ Good luck.

Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 24.01.12 14:18

Pershing36 wrote:

Exactly what I feel. The pro's seem to think this is justice for Maddie!

Miraflores, Pershing36, you are far from being alone. The situation infuriates me beyond words. The smug arrogance of Team McCann is truly nauseating - sitting there behind their 'protection'. Tony is a good man who cares more about Maddie and justice than all the Pro's put together.

Justice for Madeleine would be:

1)The person(s) who harmed her and covered it up charged and jailed.

Justice for Madeleine would not be:

2)The jailing of a man who has done nothing but try to find out the truth for a girl the Pro's seem to have forgotten existed...

Lets hope that this soon happens -MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 1214444319

and then this happens - MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 1150808647 (to the right people NOT Tony Bennett!!!)

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.01.12 14:57

Spaniel wrote:Hi everyone, bit rushed but I'm trying to be of help to Tony Bennett.

He may be interested in the link regarding McKenzie friends. The Royal courts go one further though, in that they have a Personal Support Unit for litigants in person. http://www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed2352

I think contacting them or CAB at the RCoJ (listed at bottom of linked page) may be more productive than contacting the court itself. I might say I feel cheeky to be advising an ex solicitor, but he must have a huge amount on his mind at present.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that nowadays there is such a thing as Public Access Barristers, no solicitor neccessary. I found a barrister to be very good value recently as they charge upfront by the day, The first day being loaded and the subsequent ones cheaper. As mine concluded the case on day one, she even refunded the second days fee!

A barrister is court, they know how the mind of a Judge works, they will possibly even know the Judge, if a London Chambers is selected.

I wouldn't dream of going into court on this without at least consulting a barrister beforehand, even if Tony goes on to act as LiP. They will at least give a good idea of the chances. http://www.barcouncil.org.uk/about/find-a-barrister/public-access-directory/ Good luck.

That seems like a good move Spaniel and MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 145395 to the forum.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 24.01.12 17:25

Thankyou Stella. I'm off to introduce myself on the appropriate thread.
Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by Badboys 24.01.12 19:28

TB,I wonder if you should bring up the big lie(s) in the book by kate mccann.

clue;pictures of suspicious men.
Badboys

Activity : 69

Back to top Go down

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 Empty Restricted by operational reasons

Post by Tony Bennett 24.01.12 20:02

Badboys wrote:TB, I wonder if you should bring up the big lie(s) in the book by Kate McCann.

clue; pictures of suspicious men.
I usually put these into three catagories:

1) 'suspects'

2) 'persons of interest', and

3) 'persons we wish to eliminate from our enquries'.

Arguably, there is another category: 'strong leads'.

But there is a fifth category, which you appear to have missed out.

Suspicious women.

I make it 17 male suspects/persons of interest/persons we wish to eliminate from our enquiries so far, and 2 females, total 19.

I understand on the authority of an anonymous British banker - who took two years of agonising before making his disclosure - that after an evening's heavy drinking in downtown Barcelona the woman who said 'have you got my daughter?' or may be 'have you got a quarter?' on Barcelona dockside at 2.00am was a Victoria-Beckham lookalike with an Aussie accent. At least that narrows the field somewhat.

I am sorry I cannot make any further comment on this matter for operational reasons.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 24.01.12 23:09

Excellent post Mf. As we all know, Tony Bennett has done nothing except seek the truth about what happened to Madeleine McCann when she disappeared under her parents' care in May '07. THEY are responsible for her disappearance, not Tony Bennett. I am sure that he will fight the good fight. I know that he is 100% committed to finding justice for Madeleine and that he will have his day in court. All he has to do is show that he is seeking justice for Madeleine based on the Final Report of the PJ, signed by Tavares de Almeida. End of.

TB is committed to this cause. They have tried to bully him but they won't succeed. He has too much to reveal, imo.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 25.01.12 0:42

Justice for Maddie I say.

Surely Scotland Yard reviewing this case will have to look at all possibilities (providing it is not the much feared whitewash). What is going to happen, are the detectives going to be sued for looking into other possibilities to the given witness accounts?

This whole thing needs sorting ASAP, the police (which ever country is involved) need the go ahead to work on this case. Even the Pro's must admit the private eyes have had their time and money and achieved little to nothing so far.

Enough is enough and and they all need to get back on the case, a missing child!!

Pershing36
Pershing36

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.01.12 2:23

Spaniel wrote:Hi everyone, bit rushed but I'm trying to be of help to Tony Bennett.

Since the purpose of Directions hearing is to allow an opportunity for both parties to come to a resolve without going to full trial, I believe this is what the mccanns aimed for, hence their instigation of the Directions hearing.

All they want is to get TB into court, face to face with their lawyer, to enforce their will on him to stop his truth seeking research and campaign. And if the mccanns can get their ways at this stage they rather not go to full trial,as apart from increased ;lawyer cost involved for them, there is also risk for them in that at full trial it will be down to the Judge to exercise control over the outcome - settlement terms are no longer down to the mccanns to dictate, but in the hands of the Judge to decide on; whereby the verdict can sway either direction and anyone's guess.

The way I see it, the mccanns have more control in regards to their terms for TB at Directions Hearing stage than at full trial. All the more reason I believe the mccanns would definitely prefer to settle at this stage, taking advantage also of the fact that TB's would want to avoid full trial because of the cost involved considering their financial disparity.

If TB is not represented by any lawyer, meaning no lawyer fee involved, then imo perhaps it's more advantageous to him, over mccanns who have lawyer costs, not to give in to mccanns demands at Directions Hearing but to allow nature to take its own course to proceed it to full trial where a Judge can decides on it once and for all.
It's a matter of stopping the mccanns from blackmailing TB into silence at their whim of fancy; and it's a matter of getting the Court to reverse previous terms which breached TB's fundamental human right to freedom of expression.

If no additional cost is involved for TB whether he settles at Directions Hearing or Full Trial then going full trial would definitely be more advantageous for TB than the mccanns, as opposed to Directions Hearing.

It's good suggestion that TB should at least seek barrister advice before going into Court, on how to proceed this time round to stop the intimidating and cowardice pair from breaching his human right, and to know his chances in advance.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 Empty A record?

Post by Tony Bennett 25.01.12 7:11

Pershing36 wrote:Even the Pro's must admit the private eyes have had their time and money and achieved little to nothing so far.
Little...or nothing?

I think the answer is nothing.

It is said that an abductor carried Madeleine out of Apartment G5A between about 9.11pm and 9.14pm on Thursday 3 May 2007.

Apart from the rambling and inconsistent accounts by Jane Tanner of what she says she saw that night, has the multi-million pound 'private investigation' said to have been funded -and certainly organised - by double glazing mogul Brian Kennedy from a house in Knutsford, Cheshire, achieved one single fact so far about who the abductor might be and where s/he might have taken Madeleine?

I think not.

On the other hand, the achievement of front-page media headlines has been massive and unprecedented: Monsterman/Cooperman, the Arade Dam searches, Maddie abducted by Raymond Hewlett, Maddie in Morocco, Maddie stolen by gypsies, Maddie in a prison lair near Praia da Luz, Maddie taken by a Posh-Spice-lookalike on a yacht to Australia, Maddie seen in Dubai, Maddie's abductors exposed in a letter from Raymond Hewlett's death-bed delivered by a mystery man to Wayne Hewlett (which he then burnt before talking to the Sun), Maddie thought to be in America by a basketball-playing Angolan who had to flee Portugal after having teeth knocked out by a gang of paedophiles who had organised Maddie's abduction...here Brian Kennedy's team, backed by Clarence 'my-job-is-to-control-what-comes-out-in-the-media' Mitchell, have surely wrought one of the all-time international media campaign successes, possibly worthy of an entry in the Guinness Book of Records?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.01.12 8:47

Thinking about it, I am very surprised that SY will allow this trial to proceed. If Tony reveals much of what the investigation would wish to withold, it would leave their investigation and £3.4M of taxpayers money, in a very dubious position IMO. MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 160807

Perhaps Tony should let them know.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.01.12 10:02

Stella wrote:Thinking about it, I am very surprised that SY will allow this trial to proceed. If Tony reveals much of what the investigation would wish to withold, it would leave their investigation and £3.4M of taxpayers money, in a very dubious position IMO. MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 160807

It does seem odd Stella, that both Tony's and Goncalo's trials were both in February and now both re-scheduled for April. Coincidence again, I doubt it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHare 25.01.12 10:15

This situation makes me angry. It's rare that I agree with Kate McCann, but she's right, you have to pick your battles. I can assure the McCann's and Carter Ruck that if Mr Bennett seriously suffers a a consequence of their actions they'll have a battle on their hands that they'll regret for the remainder of their days.

This action isnt about justice, its about revenge, and its about attempting to silence anyone who dares question their ludicrous verion of events. They might silence Mr Bennett, but there will always be someone willing to take his place.

Mr Bennett has the truth on his side, serious questions concerning the possible death of an innocent child need to be asked. The only words of encoragement that I can offer is that he doesnt need to lie in court, and that may well be all the advantage he needs.
TheHare

Activity : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.01.12 10:33

candyfloss wrote:
Stella wrote:Thinking about it, I am very surprised that SY will allow this trial to proceed. If Tony reveals much of what the investigation would wish to withold, it would leave their investigation and £3.4M of taxpayers money, in a very dubious position IMO. MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 160807

It does seem odd Stella, that both Tony's and Goncalo's trials were both in February and now both re-scheduled for April. Coincidence again, I doubt it.

That's right Candyfloss. MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 302873 Not many have noticed this.

Remind me again why the case against Paul Burrell was all of a sudden halted. Was is because of what might come out. MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 181154
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.01.12 10:38

TheHare wrote:This situation makes me angry. It's rare that I agree with Kate McCann, but she's right, you have to pick your battles. I can assure the McCann's and Carter Ruck that if Mr Bennett seriously suffers a a consequence of their actions they'll have a battle on their hands that they'll regret for the remainder of their days.

This action isnt about justice, its about revenge, and its about attempting to silence anyone who dares question their ludicrous verion of events. They might silence Mr Bennett, but there will always be someone willing to take his place.

Mr Bennett has the truth on his side, serious questions concerning the possible death of an innocent child need to be asked. The only words of encoragement that I can offer is that he doesnt need to lie in court, and that may well be all the advantage he needs.

That's right TheHare and can you imagine the damages that will one day have to be paid out to Tony Bennet, if this should proceed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 25.01.12 11:16

Stella wrote:
TheHare wrote:This situation makes me angry. It's rare that I agree with Kate McCann, but she's right, you have to pick your battles. I can assure the McCann's and Carter Ruck that if Mr Bennett seriously suffers a a consequence of their actions they'll have a battle on their hands that they'll regret for the remainder of their days.

That's right TheHare and can you imagine the damages that will one day have to be paid out to Tony Bennet, if this should proceed.

Bravo TheHare, a brilliant post! MCCANNS v BENNETT - The committal to prison trial will take place for 1 or 2 days, sometime in April or later - Page 3 259100

I agree with yourself and Stella absolutely!

The McCanns selfish actions have destroyed many lives, and poor Madeleine has paid the ultimate price. They will NOT get away with inflicting any further pain on those who seek the truth. TM are about to reap what they have sewn, and their selfish, bullying, money grubbing days are over. I believe this absolutely!
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top