The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson - Page 2 Mm11

McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson - Page 2 Mm11

McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson - Page 2 Regist10

McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson - Page 2 Empty Re: McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson

Post by jd 13.01.12 13:12

I wonder that the claim that CR were giving their services for free to the mccanns, is in fact a twisted truth/spin of a DBA

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson - Page 2 Empty Re: McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson

Post by Guest 13.01.12 13:27

I would love to know what 4 months he is talking about.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 13.01.12 13:40

A good comment from a reader of Metro:

David Pilditch, who wrote most of the McC*** stories for the Express, made an important point when he gave evidence in December, which has been totally glossed over in the usual skewed reporting we see when it comes to the McC****:- Because of Portuguese judicial secrecy routinely imposed on active police cases, it was impossible for the Express to prove the veracity of its stories (the onus in UK libel cases being on the defendant to prove truth rather than on the complainant to prove falsity), yet when the case was archived and the police files released, Pilditch says he felt vindicated with regard to anything he wrote between Sept 07 and Jan 08 as the stories turned out to be true. At least in the sense that he accurately reported what were legitimate lines of enquiry pursued by the police at the time.

Had the Express known that the files would be released a few months later, I suspect they may not have settled out of court so prematurely. This huge settlement and subsequent has allowed the McC***s, their PR team and the *cough* esteemed Carter Ruck to exert a stranglehold on the UK media which continues to this day. Even though editors and journos are now much more familiar with the available evidence - the dodgy and contradictory statements of them and their friends for starters - they daren't print anything which doesn't toe the "official" line.It has now become politically incorrect to criticise them or question their story.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/887245-media-tycoon-richard-desmond-in-grotesque-madeleine-mccann-claim#ixzz1jLSyNeWy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 13.01.12 13:43

candyfloss wrote:Leveson Inquiry: Express was 'scapegoated' over Madeleine McCann case, says owner Richard Desmond

Richard Desmond, owner of the Daily Express and Daily Star, said his newspapers were "scapegoated" for their coverage of Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

"We stood up and said "Yes, we got it wrong, there's the money for the marketing fund , "

He got that right didn't he.

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 13.01.12 13:49

I think Mr Desmond has worded his defence very carefully and let the cat out of the bag thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 13.01.12 14:38

Desmond made some frightfully astute comments, bless him.... not least when he added out of the blue that many people believed the royal family were behind Diana's death! Lordy, lordy, lordy McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson - Page 2 110921
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 13.01.12 14:54

Daily Mail's slant on Richard Desmond's evidence. Comments section closed for legal reasons.

Express chief Desmond accused of misrepresentation over Madeleine McCann stories

Quote RD: 'Once again I do apologise to the
McCanns, you know, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, but there are views
on the McCanns. Of what happened. There are still views on the McCanns
of what happened.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2085908/Leveson-Inquiry-Richard-Desmond-accused-misrepresentation-Madeleine-McCann-stories.html#ixzz1jLlwDxIC

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson - Page 2 Empty just wunnerful innit

Post by russiandoll 13.01.12 15:25

PeterMac wrote:Mitchell really is brilliant.
"Mitchell said they did not take legal action against Desmond's newspapers earlier "because they had more important things to do, like looking for their daughter".

And now... they don't ?

don't usually do these, but the above just begs for one.

McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson - Page 2 181154

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 13.01.12 15:37

russiandoll wrote:
PeterMac wrote:Mitchell really is brilliant.
"Mitchell said they did not take legal action against Desmond's newspapers earlier "because they had more important things to do, like looking for their daughter".

And now... they don't ?

don't usually do these, but the above just begs for one.

McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson - Page 2 181154

Come now, sixteen weeks is ample time to devote on searching for Maddie, before switching their priorities!
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson - Page 2 Empty leveson lawyer

Post by russiandoll 13.01.12 15:47

Stella wrote: Q. But the effect of the bad ones are really twofold. One,

25 the possible pragmatic effect, namely if people thought

that Madeleine had been killed, there would be less

interest in trying to find her. Do you follow that?

3 A. From my memory, and it was a long time ago and -- but

4 I mean it was just the story every day. It just went on

5 all the time, was she killed? Was she --

6 Q. You are not listening to my question and the, I would

7 suggest, inexorable logic behind it. If people thought

8 Madeleine might have been killed, particularly by her

9 parents -- it doesn't matter by whom actually -- there

would be less incentive to try and find her. Do you

11 agree with that proposition or not?

12 A. No.

McCanns 'waited four months' to sue - Richard Desmond tells Leveson - Page 2 5251

Why did the lawyer not say he was going to reword his question, for that is what he did. The first q. showed anything but inexorable logic. If people thought Madeleine HAD been killed,[by whomever] there would have been NO incentive to try to find her. At least he had the sense to realise his first q made no sense.

as for the comment highlighted in red, in the context of what he was trying to say I get it, but really? that from a lawyer !!

Shocked

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Advocatus 14.01.12 6:56

PeterMac wrote:For once in my life I think Desmond may be an influence for good.
He has let it out. Put it into the public domain.
The Press may be silent at the moment, but they clearly do not believe the McCanns and are just itching to get their money back.
Pity it had to be Desmond, but I am equally sure that most of the others, including Private Eye have something ready.
Happy New Year everybody !!

I agree. I seem to have a knack of feeling out the general mood and the general public certainly smell a rat with all of TM - the politicos will pick up on it too, it is muck like wall street with • momentum • share buying, up or down, B Brown is mr nowhere man now, knives have been stuck in. Let's hope DC Cameron twists the knife good and proper, and dirty Des is just biding his time, there wil be shock and awe in Rothley, coming soon, very soon I think.

"One good thing to come out of all this is that there is so much in the press, nobody knows what is true, and what isn't." - Gerry McCann: Police CATS (Case Administration and Tracking System) Number 19309 - NB: The 19309 number is still on the Police database, but all data within the file appears to have been ERASED...
Advocatus

Activity : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 14.01.12 7:59

Desmond is bidding his time to let rip into the mccanns.

Has the mccanns taken out an injunction against publication of the released Process files.

If not, why didn't Desmond pay for professionals to get it translated and run a serialization of it?
Surely, if that is released into the public domain the judiciary secrecy is lifted. Also if it comes to a legal tug of war how can any judge argue it is not in the public interest to know when the public are expected to continue to give to a Fund to search for Maddie.

The public have a right to know about Madeleine's parents and friends inconsistent testimonies and about them not cooperating with the Police and a whole lot more in the files. The public should be allowed to make up their mind instead of having it imposed on them by team mccanns.

Desmond should seek legal advice on where his paper stands if his titles were to publish the released process files. If there is no legal issue with it then there is no reason why the UK public should be kept in the dark.

Maybe someone may want to write to Desmond posing him that question?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 14.01.12 8:25

I seem to have a knack of feeling out the general mood and the general public certainly smell a rat with all of TM - the politicos will pick up on it too

I'm afraid the politicians call us 'Ghouls' for daring to question the mccanns version of events

I think it is a great idea for a paper to run a serialisation of the PJ Files, they after all "The Facts' and they are in the public domain for anyone to read. Considering the scam that is before us which is very much in the public interest because they are begging money, then the public have a right to know the 'facts' so they can make their own mind up to donate or not, from 'facts'...and not from covered up and spun out lies that the public are getting. Its called 'Fraud' and it is deceiving and it is lying

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 14.01.12 9:44

[quote="jd"]
I seem to have a knack of feeling out the general mood and the general public certainly smell a rat with all of TM - the politicos will pick up on it too

I'm afraid the politicians call us 'Ghouls' for daring to question the mccanns version of events

All of the following post I'm making is my honest opinion and observation.

I think it is a great idea for a paper to run a serialisation of the PJ Files, they after all "The Facts' and they are in the public domain for anyone to read. Considering the scam that is before us which is very much in the public interest because they are begging money, then the public have a right to know the 'facts' so they can make their own mind up to donate or not, from 'facts'...and not from covered up and spun out lies that the public are getting. Its called 'Fraud' and it is deceiving and it is lying[/quote

All of the following post I'm making is my honest opinion and observation.

The search for Ben Needham is nicely timed. A bit low-key...no announcement of any sort of cost (i.e.3.5M) or what is going to be done. No. What we have is a little snippet to make the British public feel good that people in high places are doing something for the tragedy of Ben's disappearance. The powers that be wouldn't dare to announce any particular details of the search for Ben Needham as he has been so neglected by our government but hey he's remembered all of a sudden. What a co-incidence. There is no headlining material (Lord forbid Ben Needham could take up the front page and valuable column inches nowadays). The recent amendments to the McFund giving carte blanche to from what I understand, invest, loan, collaborate, offer services etc. It's toxic PR spin IMO (is there any other kind I ask myself and always come to the same answer so I don't know why I ask the bloody question - perhaps I still retain faith that not everyone in this sad case is untruthful). The minute something is heard of Ben Needham IMO it will be splashed over the papers in this drip feed fashion and there will be those other M folk who will steal the thunder, talk about their triumphant strategy and their need to bring awareness to all missing children. This will deflect the nastiness of the court cases and plump up the victim status. Do these people actually care for anyone? Ben Needham's mother cares and I'm worried that she'll become a pawn in this disgusting human game of chess.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13387

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top