The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Is this a Sun Apology to David Bret? Mm11

Is this a Sun Apology to David Bret? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Is this a Sun Apology to David Bret? Mm11

Is this a Sun Apology to David Bret? Regist10

Is this a Sun Apology to David Bret?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this a Sun Apology to David Bret? Empty Is this a Sun Apology to David Bret?

Post by Gillyspot 28.12.11 15:05

Published today 28th December 2011

"ON September 17, in a report about internet trolls who have posted sick comments on missing Madeleine McCann, we stated that David Bret had accused Kate McCann of being involved in her daughter's disappearance. David Bret denies this."

That is all it says here http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4023728/Internet-trolls.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Is this a Sun Apology to David Bret? Empty Re: Is this a Sun Apology to David Bret?

Post by sharonl 28.12.11 15:44

Sounds like something that the Sun has posted under pressure.

Didn't the Sun refer to us as trolls or ghouls? Are we all victims of bad reporting? Maybe we should write to Leveson, he may be interested in hearing from us as a group, after all we have lots to tell him.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11199

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Is this a Sun Apology to David Bret? Empty Re: Is this a Sun Apology to David Bret?

Post by jd 28.12.11 15:54

Leveson is performing to a script, total wimp of a man. I love the way he kept calling the mccanns 'doctors' ......not parents of a missing child but emphasising at every opportunity he could they are doctors, Dr Mccan and Dr Mccann.... I can see right though him he is transparent

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 28.12.11 16:16

Dr Kate McCann has not worked for 7 and a half years. I am not sure how it works for doctors but a professional person must usually keep up to date with matters relevant to their profession, many are expected to spend a specified time per year actually practicing what they are trained for, failure to do so would invalidate their practicing certificates - what right does Kate have to be referred to as Dr? Could she really pick up where she left off 7 and a half years ago, or would she need to re-apply for her certificates\title etc. after a series of updates and refresher courses.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 28.12.11 16:23

He was always calling them 'doctors' to make them in the public eye as Professional people. Apart from their neglect, you only have to read their statements to see they are anything but professional. Their english is on the level of a teenage rioter, its awful and professionals do not speak like this. The David Payne rogatory in April 2008, there was an astounding 1,753 'you knows' alone...this is just from one statement! The others are just as bad and I might do a table and see who says it the most!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 28.12.11 23:38

Sorry guys but I am going to be the Xmas time party pooper with this post.

"what right does Kate have to be referred to as Dr?"

As odd as it may seem she has every right to be referred to by that title I believe. Many years ago I trained as an R.G.N. and although I have not practiced for several years and would be a liability on the wards now because my knowledge is not up to speed, I am entitled to put R.G.N. after my name if I choose to.

I am guessing that Doctors work in a very similar way as nurses with titles.

I think it is something to do with having done the training and earnt our right to our little title if we feel that it is important to us.

I understand your point - would be like me running amok on an ICU and saying call me staff nurse but I am guessing that Mrs McCann has every right to use her title. It's the practice part that comes under scrutiny as nurses so maybe she would need some sort of refresher course if she wished to practice again after not having used her skills for a while.
Kololi
Kololi

Activity : 687

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 29.12.11 1:00

Leveson was using a script to portray the mccanns as Doctors, hence trying to manipulate the GBP minds, trying to convince the GBP they are professional and a different class using all that he could being doctors. Its not having the right to being called a doctor, its how you use it in this case

They were at the Leveson Inquiry as a parent who had been mentally raped...not as a doctor... so there is no need for Leveson to be sucking up to them at every single opportunity he could find and purr they are doctors

We know the real agenda going on here and there is no argument against it

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 29.12.11 10:21

I wasn't trying to argue against it JD. I was merely explaining her right to be called by her title if she chooses.

"They were at the Leveson Inquiry as a parent who had been mentally raped..." and as somebody who can request to be addressed by her title if she so chooses. The same as Bruce Forsythe could asked to be called "Sir" if he was up his own backside enough to wish to do so.

Whether she, or others, chooses to use her title to garner sympathy or not is another matter. Personally I am not sure the public would be more sympathetic to a woman who has had a good education and is supposedly able to make decisions and diagnoses on behalf of other people but who could not work out the simplest of things such as leaving three very young children alone could be dangerous. It was the very fact that they were Doctors and all that stands for that lost them my sympathy for doing what they did.

So no argument from me other than to say that agree with it or not, I believe that the reality is that she is entitled to use her title if she wishes to.
Kololi
Kololi

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 29.12.11 10:26

I know you wasn't trying to argue against it Kololi. Its the way Leveson was using the 'doctor' card when they were there as an abused mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 29.12.11 10:40

Ah well I feel sure that Joe Public is being underestimated if "Doctor" is being used with a belief that it will make people think the best of the McCanns.

:flower:
Kololi
Kololi

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 29.12.11 11:16

Kololi wrote:Ah well I feel sure that Joe Public is being underestimated if "Doctor" is being used with a belief that it will make people think the best of the McCanns.

:flower:

I didn't work for Dr. Harold Shipman
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 29.12.11 11:26

Of course they are going to use their title as 'Doctors' when being addressed by a 'Lord.' It's a nice little ego stroke..... one member of the establishment to another! Is this a Sun Apology to David Bret? 94409
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by scotclogs 29.12.11 14:00

jd wrote:Leveson is performing to a script, total wimp of a man. I love the way he kept calling the mccanns 'doctors' ......not parents of a missing child but emphasising at every opportunity he could they are doctors, Dr Mccan and Dr Mccann.... I can see right though him he is transparent

yes me too, he is USLESS OLD MAN angry2
scotclogs
scotclogs

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by crewman 29.12.11 18:32

The title of "Dr" for a medically qualified practitioner in the UK is in fact a misnomer. The qualifications gained during medical training do not pertain to a higher degree, rather it is two undergraduate qualifications of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery awarded side by side. Strictly speaking, only those who have passed a doctoral thesis can use the title of "Dr", but this is rather archaic point and not true of the United States and some other jurisdictions where the professional training to become a "doctor" is indeed undertaken and awarded after first taking a prerequisite bachelors degree, as is such reflected in the title of M.D.

As to whether one loses the right to call oneself a "doctor" after a period of non-practice is a little fuzzy. Certainly most professions require an annual amount of "continuing professional development", but I assume this is only required if one is intending to continue practicing the following year. Without evidence of this CPD I would assume that it would be impossible to register to practice medicine for the coming year, such as it would be in the nursing and legal professions, but given that Kate McCann hasn't and probably isn't intending on doing so, this is a moot point. She can probably still call herself a doctor, just not, as it stands, practice as one without fulfilling her CPD requirements. JMO though.....
crewman

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 29.12.11 18:44

Kate was an aneasthetist according to early reports and Gerry a surgeon. Now Kate did specialize in anesthesia but I don't think she has any qualification to work as such in say an operating theatre. Neither is Gerry a surgeon but a consultant.
Kate hasn't published anything, Gerry a few papers which are negligible. I've read the report on the MRI cardio imaging. End of course report et al.
Couple of other papers and a ridiculous one on sport medicine which would barely get to A level.
Neither of them are outstanding in their field and were never going to be.
Gerry missed his calling in marketing and any number of soaps would have been just right for our Kate.

In fairness I must say that I have no great faith in the average medical person, you're lucky if you get a good one.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum