The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Did the fund money run out yet? Mm11

Did the fund money run out yet? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Did the fund money run out yet? Mm11

Did the fund money run out yet? Regist10

Did the fund money run out yet?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Did the fund money run out yet? Empty Did the fund money run out yet?

Post by Shibboleth 25.12.11 10:31

We were told many months ago, that it would run out soon, it only had GBP400.000 in it. It employs a tranaslator and a campaign manager. It has bills to pay. It does not matter, whether it is Kate who takes a salary, or another person; it is still a salary. GBP400.000 wiould not last long.

Normally there is a Christmas appeal to get more money. This time, we have a Christmas *message* but it does not ask for money.

How much money is in the fund now, has it run out? Do they need money now that the Met are looking at the case? As far as I can tell, they are not actually *searching*. If there still is *searching* required, then this takes money. What will they do when the money does run out, if it has not already done so?

Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Did the fund money run out yet? Empty Re: Did the fund money run out yet?

Post by Gillyspot 25.12.11 20:51

I can't see even the McCanns having the gall to ask for donations this year. Kate has made money out of her bewk & the Sun's serialisation of it and remember Scotland Yard are "making progress" in their review according to Clarrie. No need for money unless they have run out of strawberries from Waitrose. big grin

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 26.12.11 4:39

Shibboleth wrote:We were told many months ago, that it would run out soon, it only had GBP400.000 in it. It employs a tranaslator and a campaign manager. It has bills to pay. It does not matter, whether it is Kate who takes a salary, or another person; it is still a salary. GBP400.000 wiould not last long.

Does anyone actually know who is employed by the Fund? That would be enlightening.

Normally there is a Christmas appeal to get more money. This time, we have a Christmas *message* but it does not ask for money.

It's all gone quiet. Just a Christmas message on the website.

How much money is in the fund now, has it run out? Do they need money now that the Met are looking at the case? As far as I can tell, they are not actually *searching*. If there still is *searching* required, then this takes money. What will they do when the money does run out, if it has not already done so?

Aren't the accounts to be filed soon?

and there's a big thing coming up in February.

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 26.12.11 6:51

If they rely on events in February to make money, then maybe they will be in line for a nasty surprise.

Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 26.12.11 7:35

Shibboleth wrote:We were told many months ago, that it would run out soon, it only had GBP400.000 in it. It employs a tranaslator and a campaign manager. It has bills to pay. It does not matter, whether it is Kate who takes a salary, or another person; it is still a salary. GBP400.000 wiould not last long.

Oh they wont run out of fund for a long time b/c they had book income and according to the Press they'd made millions from their book.
And they couldn't possibly put out their begging money not that the Yard is on their case.

Their financial trouble will only start when they lose in Feb. because ID's bills must be massive. Don't forget they'll also have appeals after appeals and lawyers do have to be paid, and on time, yes even CR expects their payment.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Did the fund money run out yet? Empty 'Employees' of the Fund

Post by pauline 26.12.11 10:26

Shibboleth, according to a note in the audited accounts there were NO employees in 2009 and 2010. There was no such note in the first year 2008 so we do not know whether there were employees or not.
So who does the work? And are they paid at all? Maybe the work is all voluntary?!!! New accounts (to March 2011) are due by the end of this month, then fines for late filing apply.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 26.12.11 10:37

Interesting that the Fund has a "part time Campaign Manager" who one would assume is Kate as there is no employee named but with no payment specifically shown in their accounts. Also the Fund can give "financial assistance" to the McCann family yet has never in all 3 accounts shown any £ totals of how much they receive (even in Y/E 31.3.08 when we knew they got at least £4k).

Until the McCanns decide to make their fund have the "accountability" and "transparency" promised on their website I will always believe that it is

a) A money making excercise for them.
b) A way to raise money & hide expenditure for suing those who disbelieve them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 27.12.11 1:40

My guess would be early 2013 at current spending without a major cash boost.

Will the proceeds from KM book go into the fund or is that her own private venture? I have not read it but I see many people that have reviewed it Amazon say it is more an autobiography rather than the story of the holiday. I would imagine it would be entirely reasonable for it to got to her.

I gather it doesn't really matter as the fund supports the family anyway.

They must be getting to a point where they are running out of people to sue, a lot must be resting on February and the book. The book looks like it will bag them some good money but I can't see how she can write further ones on this subject. Seeing as they have portrayed themselves as a very average couple she hasn't really paved the way for future writings about themselves.

Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 27.12.11 2:23

Has anyone thought that the reason for the holiday was property business i.e. some of the T9 were buying into property but a fatal accident meant having to covering it up to protect their business interests and everyone going down? Business wise the only way out was to perform an abduction scenario

What is the one thing that has never had a point of suspicion raised against it? Mark Warners child care services.....think about it

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 27.12.11 9:50

Pershing36 wrote:My guess would be early 2013 at current spending without a major cash boost.

Will the proceeds from KM book go into the fund or is that her own private venture? I have not read it but I see many people that have reviewed it Amazon say it is more an autobiography rather than the story of the holiday. I would imagine it would be entirely reasonable for it to got to her.

I gather it doesn't really matter as the fund supports the family anyway.

They must be getting to a point where they are running out of people to sue, a lot must be resting on February and the book. The book looks like it will bag them some good money but I can't see how she can write further ones on this subject. Seeing as they have portrayed themselves as a very average couple she hasn't really paved the way for future writings about themselves.

According to a banner on the book cover 'all royalties go to the Fund.'
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 27.12.11 11:59

Interesting that Kate within the book says all money to go fund the "search for Madeleine" which as we know is not true as that is only one of the remits of their fund.

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 27.12.11 12:18

Gillyspot wrote:Interesting that Kate within the book says all money to go fund the "search for Madeleine" which as we know is not true as that is only one of the remits of their fund.

There have been recent changes to memorandum and articles and to the statement of the companies objectives, not sure what yet,- More later
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The 2011 accounts are due by Dec 31
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11199

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 27.12.11 12:34

Hi Sharonl its on another thread here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I can't wait to see what changes the McCanns are making to their fund. Perhaps one is to make the fund actually transparent - but I am being silly now. sarcastic

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum