The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? Mm11

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? Mm11

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? Regist10

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? Empty Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box?

Post by Tony Bennett 14.12.11 15:56

I do not think it is libellous or a breach of any undertaking to point out that there appears to be a significant discrepancy between

a) what David Sherborne told the Leveson enquiry on 15 November 2011 and Dr Kate McCann told the Leveson enquiry on 23 November 2011 ("I learnt about the NOTW article by a text message and felt 'mentally raped'")

and

b) what NOTW lawyer Tom Crone told Leveson this morning at just past 11.00am ("Permission to publish the diary was given by the McCanns in a series of e-mails" - a statement which even the prosecuting barrister Douglas Jay Q.C. agreed with).

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the witness box?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Telegraph version - today

11.08 Crone said yesterday his responsibility was legality, not ethics. Who was the "guardian of ethics" at News International, if not you?

Crone says that was the chief executive - James Murdoch.

Douglas Jay Q.C. asks if Crone was involved in the publication of Kate McCann's diaries against her wishes. Crone says he was the lawyer that weekend, and "played some part in clearing it up afterwards".

Did he believe there to be a privacy issue? Crone says he believed publication had been approved by the McCann's representatives via email to the head of the newsdesk.

Douglas Jay Q.C. says he has seen documents that "broadly support" that.

Guardian version

11.12am: Crone is now being asked about his involvement in the publication of Kate MCann's diary.

"I was the lawyer on the News of the World that weekend and I played some part in clearing it up afterwards," he says.

He adds that it was his understanding that the McCanns had given the head of news permission to publish.

BUT

Daily Telegraph 16 November

Mrs McCann’s thoughts and feelings about her daughter's disappearance were printed in extracts from her personal journal, which appeared in the News of the World in 2008.

David Sherborne, the lawyer acting for 51 victims of press intrusion, told Lord Justice Leveson that the publication of the diary was a "blatant intrusion" into the McCann family's private live.

They "begged for restraint" but little was shown, Mr Sherborne said.

The News of the World later apologised for printing the diary, which was leaked by a reporter after being in the possession of the Portuguese police.

The revelations came on the third day of the Leveson inquiry.

He said the pursuit of Madeleine McCann’s parents by tabloid newspapers represented "some of the darkest days for this section of the press".

Sun, 24 November

HAUNTED Kate McCann yesterday told the Leveson inquiry she felt "violated" at seeing her private diary leaked.

The mum of missing Madeleine said she only learned the News of the World had printed five pages of revelations in a text from a pal.

Kate, 43, said she felt "mentally raped" as she read the front page, which carried the headline: "Kate's Diary: In her own words."

Speaking on day three of Lord Justice Leveson's probe into media standards, Kate said: "This was totally out of the blue.

"It was Sunday lunchtime, we'd just got back from church and I got the text from Gail, who works in the nursery where Madeleine went. It just said, 'Saw your diary in the newspapers. Heartbreaking. I hope you're all right'.

"I had that horrible panicky feeling, confusion and, you know, what's she on about? I didn't have a clue."

Kate said the story, printed in September 2008, showed "absolutely no respect" for her as she grieved. She added: "I just couldn't believe the injustice.

"I just recently read through my diary entries at that point in that week and I talk about climbing into a hole and not coming out because I just felt so worthless."
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? Empty Re: Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box?

Post by Nina 14.12.11 16:05

Firstly Tony, continuing support of you.

In reply to the question you pose, certainly she should be recalled, and alone, not with Gerry the arm grabber by her side, imo of course, the grabs not the solo re-appearance.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? Empty Re: Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box?

Post by Guest 14.12.11 16:07

Did he believe there to be a privacy issue? Crone says he believed publication had been approved by the McCann's representatives via email to the head of the newsdesk.

If emails do indeed exist that prove this, andDouglas Jay QC seems to think they do then yes,
definitely the McCanns should be recalled and the representative that wrote those emails should also be called. yes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 14.12.11 16:08

Oh dear, the more they paint the muddier it becomes.

Yes, they should be recall before LI to answer questions. Since they waste taxpayers money coming onto LI demanding investigation and answers the public has the right to have clarifications and to know the whole truth.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 14.12.11 16:13

I am glad this is all being recorded - the Inquiry I mean.

Leveson can't possibly use his "influence" over stated testimony without enormous consequences.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? Empty Did he? Or didn't he? THAT is the question

Post by Tony Bennett 14.12.11 16:21

Nina wrote:Firstly Tony, continuing support of you.

In reply to the question you pose, certainly she should be recalled, and alone, not with Gerry the arm grabber by her side, imo of course, the grabs not the solo re-appearance.

Clarence Mitchell: "I told Kate there was going to be a story with her diary extracts in the NOTW on Sunday morning"

Dr Kate McCann: "Oh no you didn't"

Clarence Mitchell: "Oh yes I did"

Dr Kate McCann: "Oh no..."

[Interruption] Lord Leveson: "Er, wait just a moment. I understand that certain e-mails, which have apparently been seen both by the NOTW's Legal Director Tom Crone, and Counsel for the Enquiry, Douglas Jay Q.C., are available. I am informed that these throw further light on the matter of whether the McCanns knew this story was going to appear. I think the Enquiry should see them. Could they be produced please?"

Clarence Mitchell )
Dr Kate McCann ) "Er..."
Dr Gerald McCann)
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.12.11 16:30

"I just recently read through
my diary entries at that point in that week and I talk about climbing
into a hole and not coming out because I just felt so worthless."

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? 219423 , the woman felt mentaly raped still she had to look in her diary to see and recall what she acually felt the days after ? unbelieveble.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 14.12.11 16:33

Moa wrote:"I just recently read through

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? 219423 , the woman felt mentaly raped still she had to look in her diary to see and recall what she acually felt the days after ? unbelieveble.

It's another coincidence....lot of them aren't there?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 14.12.11 17:18

Tony Bennett wrote:

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the witness box?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? 160807
"I wouldn't have
published if I thought she hadn't been made aware of it."

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? Mccann_1893415c

"Colin Myler said he believed Kate McCann was happy for her diaries to be
printed by the News of the World. She was not." Or was she?

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.12.11 17:25

candyfloss wrote:Did he believe there to be a privacy issue? Crone says he believed publication had been approved by the McCann's representatives via email to the head of the newsdesk.

If emails do indeed exist that prove this, andDouglas Jay QC seems to think they do then yes,
definitely the McCanns should be recalled and the representative that wrote those emails should also be called. Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? 160807

We now know (we had guessed already) that that representative was Clarence Mitchell - he should be called to give evidence and what he did or did not say or write. Where is Clarence anyway, he usually pops up to refute things pretty quickly.

Ludicrous -There is a wholly innocent explanation for what they may or may not have found, Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? 110921
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 14.12.11 17:25

Andy Davies from Channel 4 Home Affairs recent tweets @adavies4

Clarence Mitchell has just claimed to my colleague that at no point did Edmondson spell out to him #NOTW had Kate McCann's diary.

Mitchell says he received 1 phone call from #NOTW's Edmondson on the Friday night

REPLY by ADMIN: So, Question No. 1, did he tell his clients, the McCanns, about that 'phone call? If so, what did he say?

Question No. 2: What exactly was discussed during that 'phone call between Mitchell and Edmondson?

and 1 text on Sat night before publication...

REPLY by ADMIN: Question No. 3, did he tell his clients, the McCanns, about that text?

Question No. 4: Did he pre-warn the McCanns there would be a news story in the NOTW the following morning?

Question No. 5: Did he (Mitchell) attempt to speak to Ian Edmondson after receiving this text?

Edmondson's text, claims Mitchell, was along the lines of #NOTW to expose Portuguese lies.

Suffice it to say, Clarence Mitchell v angry about claim that he OK'd Kate McCann diary publication.

IMO Suffice it to say Clarence Mitchell is not speaking under oath. Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? 847771

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 14.12.11 18:00

Just what did the McCanns think the SUBSTANTIAL amount paid into their Limited Company was for, if not for the diary? Surely their accountants have paperwork to show where that money came from and exactly what it was for.

I am referring to the SUBSTANTIAL payment that (Colin Myler?) at the Leveson enquiry has just testified to. 20k to "a journalist" and a SUBSTANTIAL sum paid into No Stone Unturned LIMITED for printing the diary.

Either Myler is lying, or Mitchell sold the diary without Kate McCanns knowledge, or Kate McCann agreed with Mitchell then changed her mind and is now lying.

Either way a SUBSTANTIAL sum of money appeared in their Bank Account round about the time the diary was printed and no-one knew what it was for???

I find that hard to believe.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 14.12.11 18:26

This inquiry is a load of bull. In this instance Leveson should have Myler, Mitchel, Edmondson and McCann ALL together at the same time and thrash out the truth. The statements should be spoken IN FRONT OF EACHOTHER with an opportunity to respond, their reactions to EACHOTHER should be an observable part of untangling this "story". Is Clarence set to appear, to have the allegation that he knew the diary was to be published put to him? As the McCanns spokesperson and media figurehead, he must be the most relevent one would have thought. He was being paid to deal with the media - what a fine job he did ....

They're all rustling through their paperwork as if this is the first time they have given it any thought - comes across as un-prepared.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 14.12.11 19:36

So what do you think of her climbing into a hole remark? Even on all four I cant see how that is possible, maybe invincible kate can climb in in a monkey-like fashion! I sure would like to witness that.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.12.11 20:54

aiyoyo wrote:

So what do you think of her climbing into a hole remark? Even on all four I cant see how that is possible, maybe invincible kate can climb in in a monkey-like fashion! I sure would like to witness that.

Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? 110921 good point, its impossible to do that..Hmm well we can only wonder why she wrote climb into a hole Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? 2859867778 Maybe she was thinking of a cave, and not a hole in the ground as she was trying to write..Who knows where her mind really was.. Should Dr Kate McCann be recalled to the Leveson witness box? 376422
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollAng 14.12.11 21:36

Perhaps she had a premonition of the next life where she might happily climb up into a hole?

TrollAng
TrollAng

Activity : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.12.11 21:46

The expression "digging herself into a hole" would be a lot more appropriate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 14.12.11 22:11

Too right she should be recalled.
Mitchell should be obliged to appear as well.
WHO IS LYING?
And WHY?

What on this Earth would be the point of an inquiry if a concerted effort to establish the TRUTH is not made?
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top