The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Further Analysis of the Last Photo - Page 27 Mm11

Further Analysis of the Last Photo - Page 27 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Further Analysis of the Last Photo - Page 27 Mm11

Further Analysis of the Last Photo - Page 27 Regist10

Further Analysis of the Last Photo

Page 27 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Further Analysis of the Last Photo - Page 27 Empty Re: Further Analysis of the Last Photo

Post by Snifferdog 03.11.14 12:07

@Smoking gun.

BULLS EYE!

Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Further Analysis of the Last Photo - Page 27 Empty Re: Further Analysis of the Last Photo

Post by HelenMeg 03.11.14 12:12

Snifferdog wrote:@Smoking gun.

BULLS EYE!
I dont think they ever imagined that the photo would be scrutinised  - just accepted as the Last photoof Madeleine.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 03.11.14 13:25

I think smoking gun has settled this debate on the last photo.
Would be safe to say then perhaps the photo was taken on the 3rd, but that Madeleine was not there?
Either that or it was taken on the 29th April without Madeleine?  Which could imply that she met her fate as soon as they arrived......or Madeleine was never in PDL in the first place.

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.14 13:31

smokinggun wrote:Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread.  Looking at the reflection in GM's sunglasses you can see the pink hat of Amelie but then there is the side of the pool running along with no MM!!

That's because MM is to Amelie's left.

I don't see anything amiss with the photo other than the weather.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 03.11.14 13:39

Hicks wrote:I think smoking gun has settled this debate on the last photo.
Would be safe to say then perhaps the photo was taken on the 3rd, but that Madeleine was not there?
Either that or it was taken on the 29th April without Madeleine?  Which could imply that she met her fate as soon as they arrived......or Madeleine was never in PDL in the first place.

If you blow up the photo and look very closely at Gerry's body (yes, I know, have a stiff drink first) you will see that it is not correctly proportioned. As in so many of the photos, the top half doesn't match the bottom half. His torso is too large for his lower body. It just jumps out at me. This is the case in very many of the photos released by TM. They stick a head onto a body and then onto a pair of legs. 

I have often wondered whether Madeleine was ever there in the first place?

But then who died in the apartment? (The sniffer dogs don't lie.)
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 03.11.14 13:45

BlueBag wrote:
smokinggun wrote:Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread.  Looking at the reflection in GM's sunglasses you can see the pink hat of Amelie but then there is the side of the pool running along with no MM!!

might be a stupid question but shouldn't you be able to see Gerry,s t shirt or his arm,as the tip of the hat covers both on the pic
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 03.11.14 13:45

BlueBag wrote:

I see something amiss with the reflection.

We should see a reflection of Gerrys elbow right next to the hat, but its not there.

Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.14 13:53

Snifferdog wrote:
BlueBag wrote:

We should see a reflection of Gerrys elbow right next to the hat, but its not there.
Gerry's elbow is behind Amelies hat.

Are we going to have ridiculous arguments about photoshop again when we all know what the elephant in the pool is?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.11.14 14:03

Snifferdog wrote:I have not noticed there has been any particular acceptance of the playground picture being the rrreeel McCoy.

Did I miss something?

juliet wrote
Is Tony really saying there is "nothing tampered with" in the playground photo?? I must have misunderstood because no-one can pretend it's kosher.
It is generally accepted that the playground photo was taken late afternoon/early evening on Saturday 28 April and is not photoshopped.

@ canada12     @ Snifferdog    @ juliet

The three of you, and may be others, seem to suggest that this (playground) photo is photoshopped.

As per my post to 'canada12' on a previous page, could any of you please:

A. be precise about what photoshopping you think there has been in the photo, and

B. explain for what possible purpose you think it has been photoshopped.

TIA 
ping

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames 03.11.14 14:06

HelenMeg wrote: Look at how the shopper has curled his hand around the rim.

IMO his hand is nowhere near the rim.  His arm is resting on his thigh in front of the rim.
rustyjames

Activity : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 03.11.14 14:07

I wonder why there was a need for Gerry to be wearing a pair of sunglasses in the alleged 'final photo'. As others have noted on Thursday it was only 17 degrees and it was a partially cloudy day so not especially sunglasses weather. And they look rather like ladies' sunglasses at that!

What does Kate write about the sunglasses in her book?

Gerry apparently bought the sunglasses on Tuesday 1st May on a trip to the beach. Despite the fact that it was raining Gerry apparently needed sunglasses.

"Before heading up the road, we stopped at a shop on the corner of Rua da Praia and Avenida dos Pescadores, one of several open-air market-style stalls, as Gerry needed a pair of sunglasses."

I wonder why Gerry specifically needed sunglasses on the Tuesday? I have long felt that by Tuesday *something bad* had happened.

Was it was to conceal his eye area (bruises/black eye/puffy eyes) and/or was it to help conceal his identity perhaps while out doing something. (And don't forget, Kate had whopping great bruises on her hands, wrists and forearms on Friday. And judging by the look of the bruises in an early photo of KM after Madeleine's 'disappearance' they were sustained earlier than Thursday. I reckon that the Mcs had a lot more than a 'tiff' over GM's 'lack of social graces' that week.)
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by palm tree 03.11.14 14:10

GM was not there at 1:29 on the 3rd because in his statement he tells police he was leaving the apartment to go to the recreation area.
GM was not there at 2:29 on the 3rd either because he told police he was signing the twins into the Jellyfish crèche.
IMO

Activity : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 03.11.14 14:13

BlueBag wrote:
Snifferdog wrote:
BlueBag wrote:

Are we going to have ridiculous arguments about photoshop again when we all know what the elephant in the pool is?
then surely we would see Madeleine next to A,if its the other side then we would see Gerry t shirt
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.14 14:19

tiny wrote:
BlueBag wrote:
Snifferdog wrote:
BlueBag wrote:

then surely we would see Madeleine next to A,if its the other side then we would see Gerry t shirt

It's the foremost tip of Amelies hat reflected in the sunglasses.

All the other things some people are banging on about are to Amelies left or behind her.

This has been beaten to dead in this thread and it's a pointless argument.

The weather... the weather... sunglasses, skimpy summer clothes feet in the water, that's the real issue.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by smokinggun 03.11.14 14:21

BlueBag wrote:

So - why is there a pink hat with nothing to the side of other than the edge of the pool?  GM is facing slightly to his left thus the reflection will show what is to his left.  If the hat in the reflection was white followed by the end of the pool then that would be fine - that would be MM.  But the hat is clearly pink meaning that right next to that hat should be MM but instead there is only the edge of the pool.

EDIT TO ADD: If the reflection shows what's behind MM why does it clearly show the edge of the pool including the water!
smokinggun

Activity : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 03.11.14 14:25

The  proportions of the bodies are wrong and also the angles are wrong. Gerry's torso is much too big for his lower half. His right knee is pointing at an awkward angle to the right. As others have noted he is 'floating' on the edge of the pool. Amelie's right arm is missing. Given the angle that she is sitting at it is impossible, imo, for her right arm to be completely hidden behind her. That is not compatible with the angle of her body. Madeleine is particularly badly photo-shopped, imo. Her head angle is incompatible with her body angle. I think it would be impossible for her head to be so far angled over given the position of her body. Her left arm does not look like that of a nearly four year old but looks like the arm of an older child. And the part of her legs you can see also do not look like those of a four year old and also they look too long and large to be compatible with the rest of the body.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.11.14 14:31

Hicks wrote:I think smoking gun has settled this debate on the last photo.

Either that or it was taken on the 29th April without Madeleine?  Which could imply that she met her fate as soon as they arrived...or Madeleine was never in PDL in the first place.

smoking gun wrote: "Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread. Looking at the reflection in GM's sunglasses you can see the pink hat of Amelie but then there is the side of the pool running along with no MM!!"

@ HelenMeg    @ Snifferdog    @ Hicks   @ smoking gun

REPLY: I am afraid that the rejection of the authenticity of this photo seems to be being rejected on very slender grounds.

I part company with smoking gun's attempted interpretation from the sunglasses, as do most others. To base a claim that a photograph is photoshopped purely on what one sees in sunglasses' reflections is fraught with problems. Unless the evidence from the sunglasses is crystal clear, which I suggest it is not. 

If a photo has been photoshopped, usually one can say how.

But @ Hicks can only say the photo might have been taken on 29 April OR 3 May, basing his claim on his view that Madeleine has been photoshopped in.

There is a fundamental objection to all the theories that this Last Photo was photoshopped and so far this objection has been ignored. 

That is the length of the shadow on the three individuals.

The most imprtant feature of them is that they are utterly consistent as between the three individuals. Moreover, this is impossible to fake (this by the way is the verdict of the two experts that PeterMac consulted).

On each of the three, the sun burns down from near vertical, hence the very short shadows on all of them. The sun would be at its highest that time of year between 1pm and 2pm.

Those who suggest e.g. missing shadows on the thighs etc. are missing the point that, because the sun is so high, a shadow would probably not be found there. 

For a long time, we have wondered why the 'Last Photo' was held up fpr 3 weeks.

An explanation that fits the facts has now been found - it seems to be a genuine photo but maybe taken 3 or 4 days earlier.

If so, then it clearly does not prove that Madeleine was alive on 3 May.

That is why, of course, we have the story about the sunglasses, and the story about the hair beads, all said to have occurred on 3 May. These details are intended to confirm in our minds that the photo really was taken on 3 May.

But what if it wasn't? 

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.14 14:35

Once again we see an attempt to confuse the simple issue with "the last photo". 

I don't see anything wrong with any of the elements in the picture and I'm far from alone on that issue!

As for the reflection in the sunglasses... please engage brain.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 03.11.14 14:41

so are you saying the the reflection misses Madeleine all together.thank you
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.14 14:45

tiny wrote:so are you saying the the reflection misses Madeleine all together.thank you

Absolutely!

Madeleine is to Amelies left and below the tip of the hat.

What we are seeing reflected is everything above the line of the tip of the hat and the side of the pool as it curves around (which becomes vertical in the reflection).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 03.11.14 14:46

smokinggun wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I know very little about photography so this might sound ridiculous, however, in the reflection of the glasses (right side) there is a blue line representing the edge of the pool? Surely this should be a white line as the edging is white? The reflection seems wrong.

I just wonder if the photo was taken on the 3rd but that the glasses, and Madeleine have been added.

My reasoning being that Gerry has a tanned face in this photo. That wouldn't be the case if it was taken at the beginning of the holiday.

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 03.11.14 14:59

Apart from the fact that Amelie's right arm could not be completely hidden, given the angle she is sitting at, imo, her left arm is also wrong. 

Look at the crease which signifies the end of the arm and the beginning of the hand. In other words the wrist area which in a child of that age does look like a crease due to puppy-fat. Given the way she is sitting, you would expect her hand to be flat on the ground or resting on the ground. Which would be why her elbow is bent and would be completely compatible with that type of sitting position. 

But her hand cannot be flat on the ground or resting on the ground because the wrist area as signified by the crease in the photo is too far away from the ground to allow for that possibility.

So how can this anomaly be explained? Perhaps her hand is just dangling down? But no, that would be incompatible with the bent elbow. 

Pretty much everything about that photo is fake, imo.

I wonder what would happen if you took Gerry out of the photo but left everything else in?
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 03.11.14 15:02

BlueBag wrote:
tiny wrote:so are you saying the the reflection misses Madeleine all together.thank you

Absolutely!

Madeleine is to Amelies left and below the tip of the hat.

What we are seeing reflected is everything above the line of the tip of the hat and the side of the pool as it curves around (which becomes vertical in the reflection).
Are you an expert in photography may I ask
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.14 15:15

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Amelie had been added in to hide the watch on GM's arm which could reveal the time and even date (with very good photographic software maybe you could distinguish between single or double digits i.e end of April / beginning of May)?

Maybe someone knows which arm GM normally wore it on (I need missbeetle here...)

Wanted to add this into the mix as I have never seen it discussed on this forum.

All IMO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 03.11.14 15:31

It would be interesting to see the photo with Gerry taken out but Madeleine and Amelie remaining.

And then with Amelie taken out but Gerry and Madeleine remaining in.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top