The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Playground Photo - Page 10 Mm11

Playground Photo - Page 10 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Playground Photo - Page 10 Mm11

Playground Photo - Page 10 Regist10

Playground Photo

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playground Photo - Page 10 Empty Re: Playground Photo

Post by Jill Havern 07.09.15 11:28

Tony Bennett wrote:
ETA @ Amy Dean    You wrote:   "I've just seen that Easter egg photo of Madeleine for the first time. Can this really be the same child as in the other Donegal photos with her cousins? No wonder that people are suspicious about McCann photos".

REPLY: Who exactly is claiming that that girl in the Donegal photo is Madeleine? It clearly isn't Madeleine. Has someone jumped to the wrong conclusion here?

Amy Dean wrote:Tony, the girl in the Easter egg photo is wearing the same clothes as in the ones with Madeleine's cousins.

I don't know who else she can be.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer)

Activity : 41995

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 07.09.15 11:50

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I completely agree about KM's parents, particularly Susan Healy. That's one of the enigma's isn't it - are all these people in on some big conspiracy? Are they protecting their daughter and her family; or even something bigger? It is bizarre. Why haven't the Healys and other relatives/friends commented on all the other inconsistencies either? Is it just a sense of loyalty? There is no question about the changes in story from the Mc's and all the other points in the Tapas 7 statements which contradict each other. Very early on Susan Healy seemed less reticent to comment - she was clearly furious. She initmated that it was completely out of character for her daughter and son-in-law to have left the children alone. Nothing really since those first few days. I suppose it's all or nothing with this - those peripheral players who are in the know are going to stay completely tight-lipped or they will spill the whole tin of beans.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 07.09.15 11:59

ryanm wrote:
tigger wrote:

607  MISSING PAGE NUMBER

Page 608
 Family handout photo dated 02/05/2007 of Gerry McCann playing with his children (left to right) Madeleine and Sean (laughing) the day before Madeleine went missing on the evening of May 3.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], perhaps I'm missing something. I understood that the caption that was put on 608 was arising from the Sky news piece in relation this photo and had nothing to do with file content. When you go back to the original PJ file there's no information on where the photo came from, it seems they took all of the PDL photos from T9 and sorted them into 3 groups so it's not clear whose camera they came from and what date it was taken. 

That's right, no idea if they came from the Canon, but my guess is probably not. The PJ were given a DVD by Michael Wright and one DVD by Gerry. 

The translator of the PJ  stated:  TRANSLATION BY ALBYM
T
hey are my own descriptions, and yes, almost all of the B&W (non-grey scale) images do not readily permit identification of the individual. They were created for the PDF using what is is known as 'pure Black and White' scanning/printing - there are no other colours whatsoever in the images. unquote

Where the phrase 'family hand-out photo' came from I don't know unless Albym made it up, he/she got it from somewhere.

the word 'family' always rings alarm bells with me as that was the main problem for TM imo:  family photos  are very rare indeed and their  keyword in interviews was 'family' 'we are a family' etc. So that phrase may come from TM. Still,  there are plenty of family photographs  amongst the 90-odd (see link) not much if any of the McCann family.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 07.09.15 12:04

WOW MOD - what on earth did I say that was abusive? For all of you out there - I was in no way abusive.

Please could you explain.

I used no expletives; I did not call anyone anything; I just repeated what others had posted to me and others.

The only thing I can think someone didn't like was the point I highlighted about 'come as a package' - was that the one?

Shall we leave it there - consider me wiser but not whipped in!

To continue, in peace hopefully:

@Tony Bennet - yes the child in the Donegal photo is MBM by default (as posted by her relative Paul Cameron). Even the shots on the egg roll and the ice cream shot, taken within days of each other, rasie questions. MBM does look quite different. I really have no idea what is going on - the more I delve, the worse it gets.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean 07.09.15 12:08

Thank you skyrocket, that's what I meant.

How can this child be anyone other than Madeleine? Not that it looks like her though.
Amy Dean
Amy Dean

Activity : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 07.09.15 12:11

Yes that photo, child does look like same outfit maddie wore in Ireland? " things I might just think is clothes handed on in family? or even a hairband, on this group, doesn't look too much like mad. but it's at a distance.  Also child wearing a headband and hair and fringe pushed back, no fringe would make face look different.  I have no idea who this is for sure.  joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 07.09.15 12:16

Mods - thank you for re-instating. I've never so much as had a detention in my life!

@ Joyce1938

Hi! The 2 photos of MBM? were taken on the same Easter holiday in Donegal 2007. Odd isn't it.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean 07.09.15 12:47

Another of the Donegal photos for comparison.
Amy Dean
Amy Dean

Activity : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 07.09.15 12:55

Thanks Amy, definitely Maddie in my opinion.

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41995

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.09.15 13:04

tinkier wrote:
Verdi wrote:
Juulcy wrote:I am just a humble longtime reader of this forum, but I REALLY wish all this Photoshop talk would stop. It is so far beyond credible, that imo all it does is put the forum in a very far away corner of the internet. It will put of new readers looking for information, and it distracts from the main real issues and questions surrounding Madeleine's disappearance.
The last picture being exempt from this. Imo also not photoshopped, but the date might have been manipulated.
Finally - a voice of reason in this wilderness of make-believe.  This is how myths are created and propagated, someone comes up with a ridiculous claim based on nothing but an over active imagination and a few months down the line it becomes an established fact.

I just hope not too many people are reading this thread, it's not very good for the forum's credibility.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]…..and how many myths have you propagated in your time on this forum?

Hopefully never but if you come across an instance where you think I'm propagating myth,  I would be very grateful if you let me know.  That way I can either explain myself or hold my hands up to being a total tw@, not for the first time if I might say!

Everything you write here and discuss is obviously very credible, and if you don't agree everything is a myth and will put people off from joining or reading this forum.

Thank you for the compliment but I really don't think I'm that important.  However, I don't think exchanging views about such a subject as  photographs, without so much as a scrap of evidence to sustain the argument is particularly productive.  I truly believe it discredits the forums purpose.

How pompous!

Not pompous - what I've said is not as you have portrayed.

I will just slither back into my little hole!!

That's obtuse - I'm sure there's no need, I'm just an ordinary member like yourself.  From recollection I have been on the same wavelength, only not on this subject.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 07.09.15 13:15

ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi1967 07.09.15 13:19

I don't get involved in the photoshopping side of things but what always stands out to me in photos of Maddie is her clothes. They just don't seem to fit in with the status of doctors. They look ill fitting, old fashioned style and unkempt. The exception being the 'last photo' where they are apparently from Monsoon. A big point of them being from Monsoon was also made in the book I believe. I know children get dirty and untucked and clothes go a bit askew when playing etc. It may be nothing but the dress sense just doesn't seem to fit in with the image and lifestyle they have.
sammi1967

Activity : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.09.15 13:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] says:  "Wouldn't it be better if we all just gave our opinions/evidence and let others make up there own minds whether they agree or not?

That's exactly what I'm doing skyrocket!  It's just regrettable that you prefer not to be challenged and that you haven't yet been able to substantiate your opinions with any form of evidence.  From where I'm standing you offer opinion which you adhere to (fair enough) but with no due consideration to valid questions posed or counter argument.

If I agree with Tony Bennett, or anyone else for that matter, it's not a bullying conspiracy as you imply;  it's simply because I agree with certain issues wholeheartedly.  Although I'm quite prepared to listen to other opinions, providing they are within the realms of tangibility.  As I previously said, if you post on an open discussion forum you must expect opposition as well as back slapping.  Just for the record, you have been the target of my posts on this thread and that of the German TV interview, for the simple reason that you are the one that resurrected them, had it been another member my reaction would have been the same.

Those, you will be delighted to hear, are to be my final words on this subject - at least on this thread.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 07.09.15 14:05

@ Verdi - I was determined not to carry this on but I just can't leave it there!!! Just for the record, the other post you refer to in which I questioned GM's statement, was 'dead' for all of 15 minutes before I first posted.

Tony's post:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:57 am

Then my first one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:12 am

Now I really am stopping! flag
skyrocket
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 07.09.15 14:43

Verdi wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] says:  "Wouldn't it be better if we all just gave our opinions/evidence and let others make up there own minds whether they agree or not?

That's exactly what I'm doing skyrocket!  It's just regrettable that you prefer not to be challenged and that you haven't yet been able to substantiate your opinions with any form of evidence.  From where I'm standing you offer opinion which you adhere to (fair enough) but with no due consideration to valid questions posed or counter argument.

If I agree with Tony Bennett, or anyone else for that matter, it's not a bullying conspiracy as you imply;  it's simply because I agree with certain issues wholeheartedly.  Although I'm quite prepared to listen to other opinions, providing they are within the realms of tangibility.  As I previously said, if you post on an open discussion forum you must expect opposition as well as back slapping.  Just for the record, you have been the target of my posts on this thread and that of the German TV interview, for the simple reason that you are the one that resurrected them, had it been another member my reaction would have been the same.

Those, you will be delighted to hear, are to be my final words on this subject - at least on this thread.
Verdi, give it a rest please.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13385

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 07.09.15 14:44

sammi1967 wrote:I don't get involved in the photoshopping side of things but what always stands out to me in photos of Maddie is her clothes. They just don't seem to fit in with the status of doctors. They look ill fitting, old fashioned style and unkempt. The exception being the 'last photo' where they are apparently from Monsoon. A big point of them being from Monsoon was also made in the book I believe. I know children get dirty and untucked and clothes go a bit askew when playing etc. It may be nothing but the dress sense just doesn't seem to fit in with the image and lifestyle they have.
I agree.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13385

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 07.09.15 15:08

tigger wrote:@ Tony:

Just because I consider the playground photo to be of another child (the two Wendy house ones also but not photoshopped imo) does not mean I believe Maddie wasn't in PdL, or that I doubt the evidence of the cadaver dogs. All it means is that I believe Maddie not to be in those photographs.

REPLY: OK, so to be clear you are saying that all three photographs (playground/Wendy House) are not Madeleine. You are saying that in your opinion the McCanns have published these three photographs KNOWIN G that they are not Madeleine. WOW! That is quite a bold claim! And one I wholly disagree with. But in your earlier post, you didn't just say that the girl in the main playground photo wasn't Madeleine. You suggested it was photoshopped in other ways. You wrote: 

QUOTE: "Maddie wore a wig in many photographs, I can't post photos  here (tried everything!) but will do a blog post on it one day...What I also find strange in the playground photograph is the perspective of the woman seen under the roof of the roundhouse in the distance. She seems far too small for the distance...If the girl in pink would stand up she'd be far too tall. Imo there's something very wrong with this photograph...isn't it more likely that the pink girl has been inserted?

So, again, referring to the playground photo, you say that the McCanns, some time before 9 May, photoshopped ANOTHER girl into the playground photo: 'the pink girl has been inserted'. But in addition, you say that the two Wendy House photos are NOT photoshopped but are definitely not Madeleine. DOUBLE WOW! 

A number of questions arise from this photograph:

Only one with Gerry in it is photoshopped imo
Why weren't there more photos taken of this jolly little interlude? Surely the photograph would have appeared to be a dud the moment it appeared on the LCD screen, nothing to stop the photographer to take another twenty or so. Unless this was a split second in time they felt they had to share with the world?

REPLY: You say the photo is a 'dud'. Why, exactly? It doesn't look like a 'dud' to me at all. It shows three apparently happy, carefree people in a playground: Gerry, Maddie and Sean. What on earth is wrong with that? 

If the girl in pink stands up she will be far too tall. Personally I think Sean is there (where is Amelie?) and Jane Tanner's little girl. Gerry is actually there as well, possibly looking at what Sean is doing.

The girl in the Wendy house may be about 98 cm tall (35 7/8"),

REPLY: No. 98cm is actually 3 ft and 2.6 inches. Exactly what I said before, between about 3ft and 3ft 3 inches - or not much more than half of Gerry's height (5ft 10" or 175 cm).

just a little shorter than the known height of this type of Wendy house door, which is 1 meter (36 1/3"). (somebody else worked this out quite some time ago)

Kate gives Maddie's height as 90 cm (35 7/8"),

REPLY: That doesn't mean it was exactly 90cm on Saturday 28 April 2007

the tennis photo imo shows a girl rather taller if one takes into account the known diameter of tennisballs and makes a slight adjustment for the angle, it would be around 114 cm (44 7/8"). The opposite end of the scale for four year olds.

REPLY: Yes, that is a very good observation, but let's keep that in mind for an analysis of the controversial 'Tennis Balls Photo', which is really the one with all the question marks  - and the one where claims of photoshopping DO appear credible

The fact that this episode is in the book is no guarantee of its veracity.  E.g. the book mentions the  purchase of sunglasses as having been purchased on the Thursday, thus it gave us a date post quem for the pool photo.

REPLY: I agree with all of that.

I would also suggest [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a locked topic with plenty of interesting points on the many photographs. There are also some before and after shots of the Tapas, most of whom do not seem to have aged at all well in just a few years.

REPLY: Unfortunately, your post only addresses points 4, 5, 8 and 9 of my nine points, but not the others. How does your hypotheses that (a) another girl has been photoshopped into the playground photos and (b) the two Wendy House photos are not of Madeleine stand up against the five points listed below: 

1. Madeleine's shadow. It fits perfectly with the shadow on Gerry, and with all the other shadows on the photograph.

2. It would be very hard to fake such a shadow on a photograph such as this.

3. The setting for the photograph is exactly in accordance with what we know about the events of that day - arrival on a sunny day in the early/mid-afternoon, quickly go to the apartment, then run down to the playground and let the kids let off steam.

6. If you say this is not Madeleine on this holiday, what about the airport bus video? Was that Madeleine? If yes, was that Madeleine on that holiday, or another?

7. If you say this is not Madeleine on this holiday, what about the 'climbing-the-steps-of-the-plane' video? Was that Madeleine? If yes, was Madeleine on that holiday, or another?

@ missbeetle

Waiting patiently for your answer to my question

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 07.09.15 15:41

If  you would kindly take the trouble to quote my words accurately such as: isn't it MORE LIKELY etc. which is not a statement of fact  but a possibility, it would be possible to answer your many  points.

That I  am convinced re a wig etc clearly does not apply to this photo as is clear imo  when one bothers to read the whole paragraph.  
Any  misinterpretations cannot - in my opinion - be put down to my inadequate knowledge of the English language.

I stand by my posts.

RE: the measurements:

1 cm =  0.39370079"
taking the measurements mentioned in my post:
90 cm  is actualy just under three foot:  35.43"  which is 2' 11.57 "  (the measurement given was that to help find her on the fourth, it seems unbelievable to me that a mother would not know how the height of her own child - especially when giving a description, so yes I think that is relevant.)
98 cm is 38.58 " so 3' 2.58"
Gerry is 5'10" -  if he were 175 cm that would be about 5'8.89

this time I've only gone to two decimal places.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 07.09.15 21:05

Just noticed that the Moderator who removed part of one of my previous posts didn't re-instate it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Today at 8:31 am

Might be because I didn't sleep particularly well last night but reading the last few comments from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and @Tony Bennett has raised my hackles a bit this morning!

Several abusive comments about other posters deleted. Your arguments about the photograph have been retained. Please refrain from any more abuse directed at other posters - Mod. ]

I have gone back to day 1 of this thread in 2011, again (I did read through it all BEFORE I posted a couple of days ago). Since that date many posters have been commenting about how odd this photo looks. Why has it suddenly become such a big issue - neither of you have been interested before; neither of you have posted on this thread before. By the way, the May 2/Sky issue has all mentioned on this thread by a previous poster.

I repeat, we may all be wrong about this photo being 'wrong' - I'm not sure whether it is or it isn't - but I find it quite interesting (nothing more) and I want to discuss it with other like-minded members (until the topic is exhausted or clarified).  

Here's one of those past (fairly recent) posters who is interested enough in this photo to comment. Perhaps you'd like to put him right as well?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:26 pm
Madeleine's left leg has no shadow at all.
Unless you count the one going at right angles to the one Gerry is casting.
The more you look at this one, the more weird it becomes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - I agree with you.

Last edited by Tony Bennett on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:16 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : adjusted type size)

I'd just like to re-iterate that I have not said anything abusive. A strong label to pin on me for no reason.

Tony, do you think it was appropriate for you to censor my post. Wouldn't it have been better to pass it on for one of the other mods to look at if you had a problem with what I said? Just a suggestion.

skyrocket
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.09.15 21:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], let's get back on topic, please.  An interesting discussion and your contribution is valued.  If you have any further comments about your edited post you are welcome to pm admin or mods. 
Thank you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 07.09.15 21:37

@ Ladyinred

Happy to - I'm not enjoying this one bit. Hope you will keep a close eye on the proceedings!

One thing, what is pm?

Thanks
skyrocket
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 07.09.15 21:45

skyrocket wrote:@ Ladyinred

Happy to - I'm not enjoying this one bit. Hope you will keep a close eye on the proceedings!

One thing, what is pm?

Thanks
Personal/Private Message.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.09.15 21:50

skyrocket wrote:@ Ladyinred

One thing, what is pm?

Thanks
Relax and enjoy your posting!  Photo threads include a wide range of opinion and theories.

pm: private messaging.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 07.09.15 21:56

@ Nina @ Ladyinred 

Thanks both.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 07.09.15 22:43

tigger wrote:If  you would kindly take the trouble to quote my words accurately such as: isn't it MORE LIKELY etc. which is not a statement of fact  but a possibility, it would be possible to answer your many  points.

REPLY: Strange, that, because in my last post I quoted every single word in your previous post accurately, before replying to each point. True, you previously said: "But isn't it more likely that the pink girl has been inserted?", but then in a later post you made a clear statement that it was not Madeleine McCann in any of the three photographs.

At 9.55am this morning, you wrote, QUOTE: "All it means is that I believe Maddie not to be in those [three] photographs."

I hope I am not misunderstanding, but your position is exactly this:

1. Playground photo is NOT Madeleine AND has been photoshopped
2. Two Wendy House photos are not photoshopped but are also NOT Madeleine
3. On many photos of Madeleine she is wearing a wig.

I am finding difficulty in understanding what your evidence is for these three beliefs, and I am sure I am far from being the only one.    

That I  am convinced re a wig etc clearly does not apply to this photo as is clear imo when one bothers to read the whole paragraph.

REPLY: You have clearly misunderstood me. I was not suggesting that you were saying Madeleine was wearing a wig in any of the three photographs. Indeed, you are emphatically saying it is NOT Madeleine in any of those three photos.

Any misinterpretations cannot - in my opinion - be put down to my inadequate knowledge of the English language.

I stand by my posts.

RE: the measurements: [SNIPPED]

REPLY: The detail of Gerry's height to the nearest inch and Madeleine's to the nearest centimetre is not really the issue - though if we had accurate measurements it would help us all. What you are saying is that your eyes tell you that the girl in the main 'playground picture' is 'too tall' to be Madeleine. Even if we had the most accurate up-to-date heights at that time for both of them, I am totally unable to agree that she 'looks too tall' to be Maddie in that photo. I gave my reasons before.

I am finding it very revealing that neither you nor any of the other 'pro-photoshopping' posters on this thread has been able (so far) to give a coherent reply to my '9 points'. I have yet to see any pro-photoshopping argument on this thread apart from: My eyes tell me it's been photoshopped'.

That simply isn't good enough evidence.

And I await the 'Madeleine often wore a wig' evidence with interest    winkwink  

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top