The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

baby monitors - Baby minding club Mm11

baby monitors - Baby minding club Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

baby monitors - Baby minding club Mm11

baby monitors - Baby minding club Regist10

Baby minding club

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

baby monitors - Baby minding club Empty Re: Baby minding club

Post by Guest 09.08.11 13:57

Perhaps they had their own little 'baby club' going on inside 5a

From Fiona Payne’s 4th May statement:

During dinner, amongst other friends present was the McCann couple - Madeleine's parents. When questioned she says that she did not go to the club, neither did her husband, to check on the children as she possessed a baby monitor, as previously mentioned. However, she states that Gerald and Kate went with regularity, as did the other couples to ensure that their children were well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.08.11 14:32

I've just read again the rogatory statements for FP, DP and DW, the section where they are all asked about where they were staying. They were asked about layouts, turning right or left into which rooms, furniture and locations. Entrances and exits, views from balconies, who they had to pass and so on.

There has to be doubts as to where they were really staying out there. Instead of concentrating on suspicious people and unusual events, they were more focused on their living accommodation.

The question is why?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

baby monitors - Baby minding club Empty Baby minding club

Post by Guest 09.08.11 16:17

That's certainly an interesting statement from Fiona Payne regarding the children being in a club which adds weight to the theory that they were all being looked after together. I don't understand the reference to a baby monitor though. How would she know, in a room full of babies and children, if hers were the ones crying?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.08.11 7:57

The baby monitor was probably a method of communication between the single person looking after all the children upstairs and the group in the tapas bar. Change overs and 'your food is ready' sort of thing.

Even the tapas staff mention a "walkie talkie" on their table. Which I believe was the baby monitor. They would only use that terminology if they had witnessed conversations with another adult on the other end of that device.

Fiona has told us so much about what really happened out there !!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

baby monitors - Baby minding club Empty Junior clubbers

Post by Guest 10.08.11 9:27

It certainly makes a lot more sense than the McCanns' version of events doesn't it and, once again, we can only wonder what happened that was so bad they had to concoct such a load of codswallop to try to cover it up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.11.11 13:34

Stella wrote:Perhaps they had their own little 'baby club' going on inside 5a

During dinner, amongst other friends present was the McCann couple - Madeleine's parents. When questioned she says that she did not go to the club, neither did her husband, to check on the children as she possessed a baby monitor, as previously mentioned. However, she states that Gerald and Kate went with regularity, as did the other couples to ensure that their children were well.

[url=http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE.htm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/quote[/url]]

Had forgotten about this one. Time for a little bump I think. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.11.11 15:16

From Matt Oldfield’s Rogatory Interview:

If you ask whether we went into the apartment and I'm almost a hundred percent sure we didn't go to the apartment, we were, because it was just so awful, so Gerry and Kate and maybe Dave, I'm not sure, but went sort of to the bottom of the steps and they sort of went in and as soon as they sort of said she's gone and everything, all hell broke loose, we went round to check firstly on G***e to make sure she was okay and we dropped Rachael up there, telling her that she wasn't to move, Jane came out of the apartment, did she come out of the apartment at that point or was it later in the evening, I can't remember, but I remember seeing them, most of the time and then for the rest of the evening they were stood at the doorways to the apartments we went back round, and everybody was just running around like sort of headless chickens,

5B is on the ground floor, so where abouts "up there" could G***e have actually been?

Jane came out of "the" apartment, not her apartment. Was Jane looking after everyone at that point "up there"? Notice how he backtracks with a "did she" !!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.01.12 14:44

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.01.12 15:07

Stella wrote:From Matt Oldfield’s Rogatory Interview:

If you ask whether we went into the apartment and I'm almost a hundred percent sure we didn't go to the apartment, we were, because it was just so awful, so Gerry and Kate and maybe Dave, I'm not sure, but went sort of to the bottom of the steps and they sort of went in and as soon as they sort of said she's gone and everything, all hell broke loose, we went round to check firstly on G***e to make sure she was okay and we dropped Rachael up there, telling her that she wasn't to move, Jane came out of the apartment, did she come out of the apartment at that point or was it later in the evening, I can't remember, but I remember seeing them, most of the time and then for the rest of the evening they were stood at the doorways to the apartments we went back round, and everybody was just running around like sort of headless chickens,

5B is on the ground floor, so where abouts "up there" could G***e have actually been?

Jane came out of "the" apartment, not her apartment. Was Jane looking after everyone at that point "up there"? Notice how he backtracks with a "did she" !!!

Stella, I have probably got this wrong, but aren't there stairs to the apartments - looking at this it looks as if there are stairs to the Oldfields?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.01.12 15:37

From the rear, yes. But in the dark, they never used the rear entrances remember? They only used the front doors, so she definitely was upstairs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Advocatus 19.01.12 19:03

Stella wrote:The baby monitor was probably a method of communication between the single person looking after all the children upstairs and the group in the tapas bar. Change overs and 'your food is ready' sort of thing.

Even the tapas staff mention a "walkie talkie" on their table. Which I believe was the baby monitor. They would only use that terminology if they had witnessed conversations with another adult on the other end of that device.

Stella I think you've nailed it, jd were separately discussing this on another thread and we concluded it was possibly a baby minding club going on at DP's apt.

"One good thing to come out of all this is that there is so much in the press, nobody knows what is true, and what isn't." - Gerry McCann: Police CATS (Case Administration and Tracking System) Number 19309 - NB: The 19309 number is still on the Police database, but all data within the file appears to have been ERASED...
Advocatus

Activity : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 20.01.12 14:18

Stella wrote:Perhaps they had their own little 'baby club' going on inside 5a

Here are some definitions. 3b is the relevant one here I believe. Had FP said she was not part of the checking group definition 3a would apply. She states very clearly though that she did not go to the club, definiton 3b. The only inference to be made by anyone listening to her is that she means a place and logic takes you to a place for child minding as the whole answer is about child care. This must mean that there was a place, one of the apartments, set aside for children to be minded as a group.

This is rather significant, will re read her statement. Did police not ask another question, such as what was this club she was referring to ?!

Definition of CLUB

a : a heavy usually tapering staff especially of wood wielded as a weapon b : a stick or bat used to hit a ball in any of various games c : something resembling a club

a : a playing card marked with a stylized figure of a black clover b plural but sing or plural in constr : the suit comprising cards marked with clubs

a : an association of persons for some common object usually jointly supported and meeting periodically; also : a group identified by some common characteristic club> b : the meeting place of a club club> c :
an association of persons participating in a plan by which they agree
to make regular payments or purchases in order to secure some advantage

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 20.01.12 20:28

The club, not needed for the Paynes with their baby monitor. Didn't Jane Tanner say they had one but it was broken, or she said that they also used one which she later retracted.

Then when Gerry decided to move the twins on the 3rd I think he said he would move them to 'their own apartment'. I'll have to look it up.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

baby monitors - Baby minding club Empty babyminding club location

Post by russiandoll 22.01.12 16:22

Advocatus wrote:
Stella wrote:The baby monitor was probably a method of communication between the single person looking after all the children upstairs and the group in the tapas bar. Change overs and 'your food is ready' sort of thing.

Stella I think you've nailed it, jd were separately discussing this on another thread and we concluded it was possibly a baby minding club going on at DP's apt.

If it was 5b was this not right next door to Mrs Fenn? Given the way noise would have travelled would Mrs Fenn not have noticed quite a lot of noise at settling down time? Wonder why never mentioned just in passing in her RI. Unless of course the children were moved to 5b after they had fallen asleep or were well on their way.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.01.12 10:13

The Paynes were in 5H, next door to Mrs Fenn in 5G.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

baby monitors - Baby minding club Empty mistake sorry

Post by russiandoll 23.01.12 13:39

Stella wrote:The Paynes were in 5H, next door to Mrs Fenn in 5G.

yes ...typed 5b as I had been reading a lot about that apartment. I did mean the Paynes though....has been suggested maybe the baby club was there....just wondered about PF next door and noise factor, but guess the kids could have been transferred to Paynes when sleepy or actually asleep. thanks.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.10.13 14:19

Resurrecting this old topic due to the current one Butter Would Not Melt In Their Mouths? and my thoughts that the children were not left alone.

What was Fiona Payne referring to when she talked about a club?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 24.10.13 14:30

Yes that seems like an odd thing to say about not going to the club as they had a baby monitor.

It does beggar belief that they would leave such young children on their own, but why would they say that they did?

Surely the police need to recall them to Portugal and go over their statements again?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.10.13 14:37

plebgate wrote:Yes that seems like an odd thing to say about not going to the club as they had a baby monitor.

It does beggar belief that they would leave such young children on their own, but why would they say that they did?

Surely the police need to recall them to Portugal and go over their statements again?
Odd, because GM mentions club in his first statement. 

Yesterday, after the daily routine, MADELEINE and the twins were put to bed in their respective beds, and he stresses put to bed, at 7.30 pm. The deponent and his wife remained in the apartment to relax and drink a glass of wine until 8.30 pm. After checking the children, the deponent and his wife and the adults went to the "Tapas" restaurant, around 50 metres away, where they had dinner together. As usual, every half hour and considering that the restaurant was close to the apartment, the deponent or his wife went to check if the children were ok. Thus, at 9.05 pm, the deponent entered the club, using his key, the door being locked, and went to the children's bedroom and noted that the twins and Madeleine were in perfect condition. He then went to the toilet, where he remained for a few instants, left the apartment, and then crossed ways with someone with whom he had played tennis, who had a baby buggy, also a British citizen, with whom he had a brief conversation. He then returned to the restaurant. At around 9.30 pm, his friend MATT (a member of the group) went to his apartment where his own children were, and on his way he went into the deponent's apartment, going in through a sliding glass door at the side of the building, which was always unlocked. He went into the room, saw the twins and didn’t even notice if Madeleine was there, as everything was quiet, the shutters closed and the bedroom door half-open as usual. Then MATT went back to the restaurant

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.10.13 14:39

A translation error surely as it must be the apartment that Gerry went to.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.10.13 14:42

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:A translation error surely as it must be the apartment that Gerry went to.
Yes I would thinks so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 24.10.13 14:44

Yes that's 2 of them using the word Club in their statements.   hmmmmmmm interesting isn't it.

Would this new team be aware of it or are they working backwards as well?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.10.13 15:14

It was called the "Ocean Club" so perhaps that is why some of the statements use that word rather than apartment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 24.10.13 15:22

Yes that's the answer most prob. Alison, although I would use the word apartment/flat.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 24.10.13 15:44

I'm sure 'the club' just refers to the Ocean Club apartments. I think there certain questions asked by the Portuguese in these statements which, obviously, translate just as their way of saying things. 

If, in Britain, you had a babysitting arrangement between friends in these circumstances, and if all the children were accommodated in the same place, I don't think you would say that you 'went back to the club'

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum