The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Important Security Information from News Group Newspapers Mm11

Important Security Information from News Group Newspapers Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Important Security Information from News Group Newspapers Mm11

Important Security Information from News Group Newspapers Regist10

Important Security Information from News Group Newspapers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Important Security Information from News Group Newspapers Empty Important Security Information from News Group Newspapers

Post by happychick 01.08.11 19:28

Has anyone else received an email like this? I have only ever posted comments about the McCanns on the Sun newspaper online.

Dear Reader,

I am writing to you on behalf of News Group Newspapers (NGN) – publisher of The Sun and former publisher of the News of the World.

As you may be aware on July 19th The Sun website was subject to an organised criminal attack. It has now come to our attention that some customer information from competitions and polls was breached as part of this attack. Details vary, but could include name, address, date of birth, email and phone numbers. No financial or password information was compromised.

We are contacting you because we believe that information that you submitted to us could have been accessed, and may be published online by the group responsible. We are working closely with the Police and the Information Commissioner's Office to ensure that all steps are taken to retrieve the files involved.

We regret that we've not been able to stop this incident from happening. We'll update you directly if there are further developments related to your specific data. We would advise as a precaution to take extra care when dealing with contact from third parties if they are unknown to you.

In the meantime if you have any questions or require any further information, please contact us at custserv@thesun.co.uk or on 0207 8601129.

Regards,
Chris Duncan
Director of Customer Management
happychick
happychick

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

Important Security Information from News Group Newspapers Empty Re: Important Security Information from News Group Newspapers

Post by jd 01.08.11 19:34

So Lucsec did get in! Did you ever type a password or email on the sun website at all? Ive never used it but don't you need to sign up to be able to leave comments?

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Important Security Information from News Group Newspapers Empty E-MAIL FROM THE SUN?

Post by Guest 01.08.11 19:37

I'm wondering if this is a hoax. I googled the name Chris Duncan and there are loads of course but the prominent one is a person who is an expert on the sun - the one in the sky that is!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Important Security Information from News Group Newspapers Empty Re: Important Security Information from News Group Newspapers

Post by happychick 01.08.11 19:42

jd wrote:So Lucsec did get in! Did you ever type a password or email on the sun website at all? Ive never used it but don't you need to sign up to be able to leave comments?

Yes, you do have to register with an email addy and password.

This is the email he used thesun@emails.thesun.co.uk
happychick
happychick

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 01.08.11 19:58

happychick wrote:
jd wrote:So Lucsec did get in! Did you ever type a password or email on the sun website at all? Ive never used it but don't you need to sign up to be able to leave comments?

Yes, you do have to register with an email addy and password.

This is the email he used thesun@emails.thesun.co.uk

This would be where they got the password from if they hacked in from the Suns server. Nobody really knows the level to which they hacked into yet though Lucsec claimed they had got lots of emails. Though it does like a hoax to me if Chris Duncan is an expert on the sun in the sky! Well found Marian!

btw I like your avatar happychick!. very cool! made me laugh big grin

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.08.11 10:18

Marian wrote:I'm wondering if this is a hoax. I googled the name Chris Duncan and there are loads of course but the prominent one is a person who is an expert on the sun - the one in the sky that is!

Doesn't seem to be a hoax........

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/aug/02/sun-website-users-personal-details-hacked

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top