The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Class bias Mm11

Class bias Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Class bias Mm11

Class bias Regist10

Class bias

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Class bias Empty Class bias

Post by welshman 15.06.11 23:24

The Mccanns left three children under the age of four unattended in an apartment which is a very dangerous thing to do as all kinds of things can happen. The children can wake up and wonder round, bump into things, have an accident and injure themselves with no adult round to tend to them. A fire could break out and there would be no adults to guide the children out of the apartment. If the children woke up crying the parents would not be there to comfort them. Supporters of the Mccanns such as Garth maintain that Madeleine was abducted by a stranger. They conveniently fail to mention that leaving the children unattended would give an abudctor an opportunity to take Madeleine. There is evidence that Madeleine died in the apartment and there was no abduction eg the sniffer dogs.

Despite the above, the Mccanns have received a lot of support. The British media have generally been sycophantic and uncritical of the Mccanns. There are websites dedicated to defending the Mccanns. I feel the Mccanns have received support because they are middle class professionals in responsible high paying jobs and people can not accept that child abuse and neglect are committed by middle class professionals even when there is clear evidence of neglect such as leaving children unattended in apartments. Do you agree with this? If the Mccanns were working class and in low paid menial jobs, would they have received little or no support and would have been condemned and the evidence of the sniffer dogs would not be dismissed?
welshman

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Class bias Empty Re: Class bias

Post by lj 16.06.11 3:11

It has been said many times, and it has been shown by many examples, if the McCanns had been no white, or lower income they would have hanged.

Don't forget the night that any other parent would have search they were not only on the phone with family friends and media, but also lawyers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.06.11 9:40

Yes I do feel that the McCanns' social standing has a lot to do with the coverage they have received. There was a case in the mid 1980s where a child was genuinely abducted in England from a holiday caravan site and then murdered. Her mother - from a very humble working class background and at that time living in a hostel for victims of domestic violence, not of course that only the working class is affected by that - admitted that she had left her daughter alone while she went out drinking and was subjected to the most appalling criticism from the media. I seemed to be the only one who sympathised with her as, to use an expression which I've heard far too often in respect of the McCanns, she had made a terrible mistake but she would have to live with it for the rest of her life. I would have no problem at all in sympathising with the McCanns if there was no doubt that they are telling the truth but quite clearly they are not.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.06.11 23:09

Yes I remember the case that Marian mentions - a 3 year old girl to add to the similarities with Madeleine. It was a tragic incident indeed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 17.06.11 16:16

I concur with all that has been said before but as well as being "middleclass" I think they knew people in power before all this happened. GM is from Glasgow as is Gordon Brown and I think they must at least share a friend or two otherwise GB wouldnt have jumped so quickly for them and remember Jackie Smith stopped the PJ from interviewing the Mccanns. Of course KM is friends with Esther Mcvay so she obviously has an inside to the media and also the Conservative parliament (therefore government). I think their employment of Clarence Mitchell makes a big impact as he has (or had?) a lot of clout in government circles too. I am sure that these are the reasons they are able to get away with so much and it is much much more than class
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by welshman 17.06.11 23:17

honeybunch wrote:I concur with all that has been said before but as well as being "middleclass" I think they knew people in power before all this happened. GM is from Glasgow as is Gordon Brown and I think they must at least share a friend or two otherwise GB wouldnt have jumped so quickly for them and remember Jackie Smith stopped the PJ from interviewing the Mccanns. Of course KM is friends with Esther Mcvay so she obviously has an inside to the media and also the Conservative parliament (therefore government). I think their employment of Clarence Mitchell makes a big impact as he has (or had?) a lot of clout in government circles too. I am sure that these are the reasons they are able to get away with so much and it is much much more than class

I have also wondered why the Mccanns have received so much help from the current government and the last government and I was thinking of starting a thread on this. This aspect is worth investigating further. As both Kate and Gerry are doctors, I was wondering if they have treated someone high up in the government and is they the help they have received from the government payback.
welshman

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.06.11 18:21

I believe Andrew Brown, Gordon's brother may be known to the group from what I have read.

Also Gerry allegedly worked for Comare, a government body.

GORDON BROWN, ANDREW BROWN
-Andrew is P.M.s brother and is involved with EDF Energy which is
Europe's largest nuclear energy producer. Andrew Brown is the media director for EDF energy, who are lobbying to build nuclear power stations in Britain.

Gordon Brown wants to restart the nuclear power plant building programme in Britain.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] COMARE, ANDREW BROWN, COMARE DIRECTOR, GERRY McCANN
-Gerry McCann is a member of a government quango called COMARE (Committee on Medical Aspects of Radiation in the Environment) which has repeatedly come out in opposition to campaigners who claim that childhood cancers are more prevalent around nuclear power stations

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] COMARE's director happens to be a cardiologist based at the very hospital where Gerry and Kate first met, the Glasgow Western Infirmary. If COMARE's contacts incorporate individuals in the broader nuclear industry, these might include Andrew Brown: Head of Media for Europe's largest producer of nuclear electricity... and brother of Prime Minister Gordon.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 18.06.11 18:48

They clearly have a link to the current government through Conservative MP Esther McVey KM's childhood friend (and ex mediawoman). Think this connection alone covers a lot of their recent advantages and possibly even the review they are getting.

From the very start they (or advisers) were media savvy and keen to get themselves in the limelight as soon as possible and keep themselves there too as long as possible (so the fund would grow imo). This in itself is the main difference between them and other parents of missing persons (most of the others chose not to have their life disrupted any more than necessary as they are already suffering with the loss of a loved one).

Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 19.06.11 0:53

"Class" really annoys me. In the old days it meant something entirely different - now it means pretending to have more money than others. My dearest friend is a multi- multi millionaire with a head injury. The Police almost arrested him at one of his many properties when he accidentally set the alarm off. They wouldn't believe him when he said he owned the place, they thought he was robbing it because he talks slowly and is humble. I had to verify who he was to them. He can buy and sell the McCanns a thousand times over monetarily and morally wise. He is the humblest person I know.
Kate McCann and Gerry McCann are rough - even a rough person such as myself can see that.
More fool the government for being taken in by such as them.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum