The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Jane Tanner Liar? - Page 4 Mm11

Jane Tanner Liar? - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Jane Tanner Liar? - Page 4 Mm11

Jane Tanner Liar? - Page 4 Regist10

Jane Tanner Liar?

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jane Tanner Liar? - Page 4 Empty Re: Jane Tanner Liar?

Post by FatherC 12.08.11 15:43

I have seen this attributed to Jane Tanner about the "abductor":

"His head was egg-shaped, he had some short hair, and was carrying a bundle, maybe a blanket"

I have been unable to find a source for quote this does anyone know it?
FatherC

Activity : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.08.11 15:51

FatherC wrote:I have seen this attributed to Jane Tanner about the "abductor":

"His head was egg-shaped, he had some short hair, and was carrying a bundle, maybe a blanket"

I have been unable to find a source for quote this does anyone know it?

Jane Tanner Liar? - Page 4 977352 FatherC and Jane Tanner Liar? - Page 4 145395

I remember reading this very early on, the Egg Man, I expect they have all been whooshed now! Will have a search.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.08.11 16:04

Found an article which says she saw a man carrying a bundle. So how did that bundle morph into a child, complete with description of pyjamas bare feet etc. Strange bundle!......................

Is this the man who snatched Madeleine? McCanns release artist's impression

By VANESSA ALLEN

Last updated at 17:17 26 October 2007

This is the man a witness claims she saw carrying a child away from the McCann family's holiday apartment on the night Madeleine disappeared.

The picture - an artist's impression - was commissioned by the McCanns in an attempt to kickstart the hunt for their daughter.

An artist drew the picture after speaking to witness Jane Tanner and asking her what she remembered of the man she saw on the night of May 3.

Scroll down for more...
Jane Tanner Liar? - Page 4 MccannartimpPA2510_468x526
Faceless suspect: The McCanns hope this image will reinvigorate the search for Madeleine

Read more...

• Is Madeleine's mother finally beginning to crack?
  • 'Don't say anything until they've turned off microphone', Gerry warns Kate on Spanish TV
  • 70 per cent of callers to Spanish TV show think McCanns were lying
  • Portuguese police failed to record any of their interviews with McCanns
  • Police tried to film McCanns in interviews - but bungled taping

Miss Tanner, 36, was one of the group of friends on holiday with the McCanns - the Tapas Nine - and told police she saw a man carrying a bundle away from the apartment and down towards the church in Praia da Luz, at about 9.15pm.

She thought nothing of it until the alarm was raised 45 minutes later, and was said to be "racked with guilt".

She told police she thought it was strange to see a man carrying a child so late at night, but thought he must be its father.

She has spent several hours with the woman forensic artist who has an international reputation in her field.

The picture shows a child's legs dangling over the man's arm, wearing white trousers decorated with a floral pattern and a lacy trim.

The child appears to be asleep or barely conscious.

Jane Tanner Liar? - Page 4 MadelineMcCannPA_228x279
Madeleine: Disappeared from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on May 3

The clothing fits the description of the pyjamas Madeleine's parents say she was wearing on the night she vanished.

Gerry McCann spoke in detail of the suspect seen by Miss Tanner, saying he was about 35, around 5ft 9ins, with dark hair parted at the side and slightly longer at the back. He wore a dark jacket, beige trousers and dark shoes.

Mr McCann said: "This could have been someone who could have been picking up a child from a creche or coming back from dinner.

"But we are certainly suspicious of the timing and that person needs to be eliminated from the investigation."

The artist left the man's face blank because Miss Tanner, of Exeter, said she never saw it in the dark street.

Her account has caused controversy because another witness, TV producer Jeremy Wilkins, has said he stopped to speak to Mr McCann in the street at the same time, but said he did not see Miss Tanner or the unidentified man.

The McCanns have been frustrated by the Portuguese police's seeming unwillingness to publicise the sighting.

Their decision to commission their own picture was time to coincide with their interview with the Spanish broadcaster Antena 3.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-489762/Is-man-snatched-Madeleine-McCanns-release-artists-impression.html#ixzz1UpL0oAkF
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LG78 12.08.11 18:19

candyfloss wrote:
LG78 wrote:
mmmlindz wrote:Jane said she didn't tell McCanns about seeing man carrying child straight away but it was written on the original timeline on the kid book cover was this added later or another lie?

Opinion on this ? : Another thing about the abducter she "saw". If that is/are true, and you look at where Maddie slept, and the posision and the main entrance, if she saw the abducter, then it should have been the child's head where Jane Tanner saw feets. If not, the abducter would have had to turn Maddie around with her head pointing at the ending of bed before picking her up. And that is not very likely. Or he would have to turn her around sometime before living. And if it was an abducter, would he even carried her in the way JT describes? I mean not a clever way to carrie a child you abducted?

Yes, he would have had to put Madeleine down and change position for her head to be facing the way JT described. Furthermore if we are to believe the Smith sighting was of the same person, he had changed position again, after walking around for 35/40 minutes, and had Madeleine over his shoulder.

And all this without her waking up screaming of fear in the arms of a stranger, unless she already was dead or the arms was her dads...
LG78

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by FatherC 12.08.11 18:36

I think Jane Tanner's "sighting" is a nonsense but it is not fair to attribute something to her which she did not in fact say. There appears to be no record of her saying the man she saw "was carrying a bundle, maybe a blanket" and if there isn't 21 reasons really should not be saying that there is.
FatherC

Activity : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by LG78 12.08.11 18:55

FatherC wrote:I think Jane Tanner's "sighting" is a nonsense but it is not fair to attribute something to her which she did not in fact say. There appears to be no record of her saying the man she saw "was carrying a bundle, maybe a blanket" and if there isn't 21 reasons really should not be saying that there is.

Seems like she told that she saw pink/white pyjamas bear feet and all that in the first interview with police may 4th. Not something she made up long after as some claime. Tough im not sure what she said to the police same night it happened. She might not been so clear then? anyone know? Im very sure she lies anyway..To dark and to short time to get all those details I think...And to remember it all so clear and hour later as well...
LG78

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.08.11 20:42

FatherC wrote:I think Jane Tanner's "sighting" is a nonsense but it is not fair to attribute something to her which she did not in fact say. There appears to be no record of her saying the man she saw "was carrying a bundle, maybe a blanket" and if there isn't 21 reasons really should not be saying that there is.

Well, she can't have convinced GM can she, he didn't seem very sure, because he states in this video " a man probably carrying a child" plus the piece in the article I posted about a man carrying a bundle..........................

[youtube]

Jane Tanner Liar? - Page 4 9_mp_t11
Jane Tanner Liar? - Page 4 10_og_10