The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann plea for more family support - Page 3 Mm11

McCann plea for more family support - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann plea for more family support - Page 3 Mm11

McCann plea for more family support - Page 3 Regist10

McCann plea for more family support

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCann plea for more family support - Page 3 Empty Re: McCann plea for more family support

Post by lj 14.06.11 1:48

The woman needs help indeed: psychiatric help.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

McCann plea for more family support - Page 3 Empty Re: McCann plea for more family support

Post by scotclogs 14.06.11 6:38

lj wrote:The woman needs help indeed: psychiatric help.

I AGREE She is daft daft daft
scotclogs
scotclogs

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.06.11 9:56

Hopes rise for finding Madeleine

13 June 2011 12:15am
The chances of missing Madeleine McCann being found are improving after Scotland Yard was called in to review the investigation, the young girl's mother Kate has said.

Mrs McCann, whose daughter Madeleine went missing from her family's holiday flat in the Algarve shortly before her fourth birthday, said grieving families should not be left to search for their loved ones alone.

Calling for the Government to improve support, she said there was "currently no legislation to protect missing people and their families left behind".

Mrs McCann, 43, issued her appeal to Ministers as Scotland Yard continues its review of the investigation into her daughter's disappearance in Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.

The official Portuguese inquiry was formally shelved in July 2008, although private detectives employed by the McCanns have continued the search.

"I don't think this should be the role of grieving parents," she said. But she added that now Scotland Yard was involved, "I feel the chances of her being found are improving".

The lack of support the McCanns received was compounded by a "lack of communication and information", she said.

Calling for a single point of contact between the families of missing people and the police, Mrs McCann added: "To be left in the dark when your child is missing and at risk is unbearable."

Human beings are not equipped to deal with such ordeals and more support is crucial if "families are to survive", she said. "Many people have been worn down by this process because it's absolutely relentless and exhausting."

Mrs McCann, with her voice shaking, was giving evidence to MPs holding an inquiry into the support available for the families of missing people.

©️ The Press Association

http://latestnews.virginmedia.com/news/uk/2011/06/13/mccann_plea_for_more_family_support

How on earth can she possibly have front to say the lack of support they received. I am totally dumfounded. They have had more support than any other parents of a missing child on this planet!! What about all the money they have had donated by the generous public for a start. How many other families get that? They have had help from every quarter, from Prime Ministers to wealthy backers, people letting them use their private jets, - Ambassadors and consular staff. Family liason officers and counsellors. Oh the list goes on and on. I just can't believe she could say such things!! angry2,

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.06.11 10:32

Also why is she holding up a photo of a much younger Madeleine? Surely the last picture taken, with the age progression one next to it would be of more use!

McCann plea for more family support - Page 3 Skynews130611a

Picture from the mccannfiles thumbsup
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 14.06.11 13:10

candyfloss wrote:Also why is she holding up a photo of a much younger Madeleine? Surely the last picture taken, with the age progression one next to it would be of more use!

Doh, you're really not getting this Kate McCann game are you?

winkwink lol!

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 15.06.11 0:43

The lack of support the McCanns received was compounded by a "lack of communication and information", she said.
She is nervous that Mr Amaral will soon reveal the information he's been holding back
Calling for a single point of contact between the families of missing people and the police, Mrs McCann added: "To be left in the dark when your child is missing and at risk is unbearable
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissMolly 15.06.11 7:55

ROSA wrote:The lack of support the McCanns received was compounded by a "lack of communication and information", she said.
She is nervous that Mr Amaral will soon reveal the information he's been holding back
Calling for a single point of contact between the families of missing people and the police, Mrs McCann added: "To be left in the dark when your child is missing and at risk is unbearable

You're right of course Rosa -

People may well ask how the woman has the brass neck to stand there in public and claim that she/they received inadequate support after all the money and Gov't resources that have been lavished on them and them alone ... but Rosa is right ....what she wants is private access to all the police files held, both in Portugal and by the Leicester Police and her desperation to get her hands on those is driving her.

She needs to know what else may come out, what the police really have ... because until she knows she will always be wondering when or if her collar is going to be felt.

LittleMissMolly

Activity : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 15.06.11 16:58

"To be left in the dark when your child is missing and at risk is unbearable."
Human beings are not equipped to deal with such ordeals and more support is crucial if "families are to survive".

I find the above comment, if it was really made by Mrs McCann, to be quite stomach churning.

The two parents of a missing child feel that they are being left in the dark and that is unbearable to them - I wonder how it felt to their three small children to be left in the dark. The same parents want more support to survive such a tragic ordeal - maybe their missing child wouldn't be going through, or have gone through, a tragic ordeal if she had received more support from her parents.

I may be getting this very wrong but it does feel to me when I read some of what they are meant to have said that they accept no responsibility for their actions as they appear to advocate closing the door after the horse has bolted. It's ok to go out and leave children alone at night as long as there are cctv cameras to help catch any bad person who might steal the child and as long as there is lots of support mechanisms provided by all and sundry should the bad person get away with it. Maybe it's just me with a bee in my bonnett.

Edited to add that had the statement been made by a different mum who had lost her child under different cicumstances and who hadn't received all the support that Kate McCann has, I would not have typed a single word of criticism.
Kololi
Kololi

Activity : 687

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelina 16.06.11 11:42

I'm curious, have any of the other parents commented on this? You know, the parents of children who are actually missing...
I'm sure some of them must have the same suspicions as the rest of us.
Zelina
Zelina

Activity : 55

Back to top Go down

McCann plea for more family support - Page 3 Empty Gerrys Blog

Post by ROSA 19.06.11 23:26

Day 58 - 30/06/2007

Family day spent with Sean, Amelie, our friends and their kids. Attended mass this evening which was conducted in English with prayers for Madeleine.

We have confirmed our new accommodation and will be moving in the next few days. We seem to have acquired a lot more stuff, partucularly the twins with lots of well wishers sending them toys. We will be staying on Portugal for the immediate future and are determined to come home with Madeleine.

Staying in the Algarve also makes it easier to stay in touch with the Portuguese polce, this is particularly important with the investigation being so active. We have regular meetings and calls to keep abreast of developments.
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

McCann plea for more family support - Page 3 Empty Recycled garbage, sorry news

Post by Guest 24.07.11 11:23

The story that generated this topic has resurfaced today under the heading McCann move helps relatives 'in dark'.

McCann plea for more family support - Page 3 935245
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 24.07.11 16:49

Marian wrote:The story that generated this topic has resurfaced today under the heading McCann move helps relatives 'in dark'.

McCann plea for more family support - Page 3 935245

What about help for children left "in the dark" on foreign soils?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top