The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 Mm11

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 Mm11

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 Regist10

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book?

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 Empty Re: Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book?

Post by PeterMac 02.08.20 16:47

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 B951ba10
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16595

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 Empty Re: Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book?

Post by Verdi 04.08.20 15:53

Kate McCann wrote:Though I envied David and Fiona their sea view, being on the ground floor meant we didn’t have to worry about the children’s safety on a balcony.

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 Balcon10 Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 Balcon11 Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 Balcon12

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 04.08.20 16:10

laugh laugh laugh
crusader
crusader

Activity : 5564

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.08.20 16:14

In their book Madeleine: Our Daughter's Disappearance and the Continuing Search for Her, mother Kate revealed how their ground-floor flat was a "prime" target for criminals.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.08.20 16:18

Kate McCann wrote: We felt so secure we simply didn’t think it was necessary. Our own apartment was only thirty to forty-five seconds away, and although there were some bushes in between it was largely visible from the Tapas restaurant. We were sitting outside and could just as easily have been eating on a fine spring evening in a friend’s garden, with the kids asleep upstairs in the house.

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 Shrubb10 Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 Tapas10 Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 The_vi10

liar

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.08.20 16:22

miffy8 wrote:In their book Madeleine: Our Daughter's Disappearance and the Continuing Search for Her, mother Kate revealed how their ground-floor flat was a "prime" target for criminals.

Later, we were told by the British police that the ground-floor location, access to roads front and side, secluded entrance and partial tree cover made our apartment a prime target for burglars and other criminals. Never once did this occur to us when we arrived. As far as we were concerned, we were in a safe, family-oriented holiday resort.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 04.08.20 17:01

Verdi wrote:
Kate McCann wrote:Though I envied David and Fiona their sea view, being on the ground floor meant we didn’t have to worry about the children’s safety on a balcony.

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 Balcon10   Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 Balcon11   Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 16 Balcon12

Ah yes , the stone steps that Kate and the three children ages 2 and nearly 4 went up and down to the patio door ( on the balcony !) while good old dad Gerry went in by himself through the front door !  spin

Activity : 2375

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 05.08.20 7:49

After Sunday it is stated the Gerry AND Madeleine left by the front door
which means the three children could not be seen together, and there was never an opportunity
for the entire family of 5 to be seen.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 05.08.20 11:30

PeterMac wrote:After Sunday it is stated the Gerry AND Madeleine left by the front door
which means the three children could not be seen together, and there was never an opportunity
for the entire family of 5 to be seen.

The above fact (Gerry leaving by the front door after Sunday) should be linked to these facts:

1 Last Photo taken Sunday lunchtime not Thursday lunchtime

2 Sudden and urgent booking of Tapas restaurant Sunday night

3 Strong possibility that the controversial Make-Up Photo was taken Sunday afternoon/early evening   

4 McCanns' change of plan after Sunday - both breakfast and lunch taken in their apartment

5 Odd coincidences of time of alleged arrival of Madeleine at creche with times of arrival of the twins at their creche, suggesting possible forgery

6 Washing machine breakdown reported to Ocean Club Monday

7 Broken shutters reported to Ocean Club Monday

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 05.08.20 11:51

Team McCann working overtime to push the official story.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1318824/madeleine-mccann-gerry-kate-image-praia-da-luz-algarve-portugal-german-suspect-spt

MADELEINE MCCANN's father, Gerry McCann had an "image fixed indelibly" in his memory from less than an hour before his daughter disappeared, it was revealed during a book written by the parents on the missing toddler.

They are clearly desperate, and HAVE NO OPTION but to push the "continued existence at 2115 Hrs 3/5/7"
narrative.
The fact that his story does not stand up, nor his alleged meeting with JW and being passed by JT in the road outside, and the other inconvenient fact that it is HIS narrative which closes down the 'window of opportunity' so small that even the most ardent Pro-parents have been unable adequately to explain how it might have happened
even after 13 years of trying, is conveniently ignored by the paid and controlled  MSM.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.08.20 12:23

Not only does he further close the window of opportunity by this but he almost bolts it shut with his admission that abduction is a 'million to one' shot (please somebody furnish me with the quote from the interview)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 05.08.20 12:49

After Sunday it is stated the Gerry AND Madeleine left by the front door ...

I've never seen mention of Gerry McCann leaving apartment 5a by the front door with Madeleine.

Gerry McCann - witness statement 4th May 2007

Returning to Thursday, after breakfast, about 09h00, KATE and the children left by the rear door, he having left by the front door, which he locked with the key, having also closed and locked the rear door from the inside.

At 12h30 they started lunch, the meal having lasted an hour until 13h30. After that time they made their way to the resort play area, the deponent left by the front door and the rest of the family by the rear door that, once again, he shut and locked from the inside. As to the front door, he does not know exactly if he locked it.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Secondthoughts2 05.08.20 14:03

If rear door is the side entrance with narrow staircase to the patio doors, how strange that Kate McCann would navigate a gate at the top and bottom of the staircase, and going down these steep narrow stairs with 2, two year old toddlers, onto a sloped narrow pavement, also a road where vehicle traffic passed along.  While Gerry McCann (and Madeleine?) left by the front door?

Would make more sense if the entire family left by front door, onto a flat paved area outside the front door, where a wall separated the little footpath from the car park.

This would allow the family, after locking the front door, to organise themselves in a safe fashion, take the kids hands, or carry them, for the onward journey.

Sometimes when things make no sense it's because that's not what happened.
Secondthoughts2
Secondthoughts2

Activity : 88

Tony Bennett likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 07.08.20 22:06

Secondthoughts2 wrote:If rear door is the side entrance with narrow staircase to the patio doors, how strange that Kate McCann would navigate a gate at the top and bottom of the staircase, and going down these steep narrow stairs with 2, two year old toddlers, onto a sloped narrow pavement, also a road where vehicle traffic passed along.  While Gerry McCann (and Madeleine?) left by the front door?

Would make more sense if the entire family left by front door, onto a flat paved area outside the front door, where a wall separated the little footpath from the car park.

This would allow the family, after locking the front door, to organise themselves in a safe fashion, take the kids hands, or carry them, for the onward journey.

Sometimes when things make no sense it's because that's not what happened.

But if we believe that Madeleine had disappeared earlier, it would make sense in that the McCanns could not risk being seen as a family of only four.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.08.20 0:54

Combing through the files, I despaired. It was only now that I became aware of just how cursory some of the police work had been. Vital questions had not been asked, alibis not verified, lines of inquiry left dangling or, at best, not adequately documented. There is no doubt that the police were overwhelmed, both by having to deal with a crime of this nature under such scrutiny and by the sheer volume of information pouring in. The systems and resources they needed simply weren’t there. I felt some sympathy with them over the challenges they faced, and it was clear that Paulo Rebelo, who replaced Gonçalo Amaral as coordinator of the investigation, had tried to make up for some of the initial inadequacies by checking back for anything that had been overlooked. But the discovery of each missed opportunity was another twist of the knife in my chest.

It was here I found the receptionist’s note in the Ocean Club staff message book explaining that we wanted to book the Tapas restaurant for the rest of the week because we were leaving our children alone in our apartments. I was dismayed. This was a glaring green light to a child-taker – and yet no mention is made of it in the files until December 2007. December 2007! Seven months after Madeleine’s abduction! I could only conclude that its relevance had not been appreciated by the police.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonal 08.08.20 15:39

Verdi wrote:Combing through the files, I despaired. It was only now that I became aware of just how cursory some of the police work had been. Vital questions had not been asked, alibis not verified, lines of inquiry left dangling or, at best, not adequately documented. There is no doubt that the police were overwhelmed, both by having to deal with a crime of this nature under such scrutiny and by the sheer volume of information pouring in. The systems and resources they needed simply weren’t there. I felt some sympathy with them over the challenges they faced, and it was clear that Paulo Rebelo, who replaced Gonçalo Amaral as coordinator of the investigation, had tried to make up for some of the initial inadequacies by checking back for anything that had been overlooked. But the discovery of each missed opportunity was another twist of the knife in my chest.

It was here I found the receptionist’s note in the Ocean Club staff message book explaining that we wanted to book the Tapas restaurant for the rest of the week because we were leaving our children alone in our apartments. I was dismayed. This was a glaring green light to a child-taker – and yet no mention is made of it in the files until December 2007. December 2007! Seven months after Madeleine’s abduction! I could only conclude that its relevance had not been appreciated by the police.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

This is interesting, I have been trying to trace what she meant by the note in the 'staff message book' becoming an entry in the files in December 2007 after the point was made specifically in the RTE Late Show interview. From that quote I'm no wiser.

BTW, Verdi, where in the book is this quote? It's not in my copy from 2011... I believe there are later editions (sans p129...)?

Activity : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.08.20 16:43

Jonal wrote:This is interesting, I have been trying to trace what she meant by the note in the 'staff message book' becoming an entry in the files in December 2007 after the point was made specifically in the RTE Late Show interview. From that quote I'm no wiser.

BTW, Verdi, where in the book is this quote? It's not in my copy from 2011... I believe there are later editions (sans p129...)?

Chapter 21: Closing the Case

Scroll down to 9th August, it's there somewhere.

I too looked for some evidence of her claim about the files in December 2007, to no avail. I'm guessing it was reported by the media in December 2007, there was quite a lot of media activity at the end of 2007 and beginning of 2008.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 19.08.20 2:29

A week had now passed since Madeleine’s abduction. Later that day, Thursday 10 May, the Portuguese police held a press conference, at which they released a photograph of a pair of the same Marks and Spencer pyjamas Madeleine had been wearing and confirmed that they were winding down the ground search.

madeleinE by KATE MCCANN

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 19.08.20 8:44

In spite of what we’d been told about booking the Tapas restaurant, Rachael managed to get a table for nine at 8.30pm pencilled in for the rest of the week after having a word with the receptionist at the pool and Tapas area.
  It wasn’t until a year later, when I was combing through the Portuguese police files, that I discovered that the note requesting our block booking was written in a staff message book, which sat on a desk at the pool reception for most of the day. This book was by definition accessible to all staff and, albeit unintentionally, probably to guests and visitors, too. To my horror, I saw that, no doubt in all innocence and simply to explain why she was bending the rules a bit, the receptionist had added the reason for our request: we wanted to eat close to our apartments as we were leaving our young children alone there and checking on them intermittently.

She specifically says this is in the Portuguese Police files.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Secondthoughts2 19.08.20 11:06

@miffy8

'million to one' shot'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBXB_cvdxME&feature=player_embedded

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but it might help.

Bolt out of the Blue

So just how unlucky were the McCanns?  Gerry McCann answers that question for us…

Gerry McCann:

"Well in terms of the abduction of a foreign child in another country, it’s really very rare.  The only cases like this… certainly in British children, the only one we know of is Ben Needham which was in 1991.  That’s 16 years ago.  So that aspect is incredibly rare, and certainly when we were speaking to people in Portugal and Spain they are not aware of any other EU nationals having children abducted on the Iberian Peninsula."

“And you think about the tens of millions of tourists that come to Spain and Portugal every year – so this really was a bolt out of the blue… erm… in terms of what has happened to us, and I think also the circumstances of child being abducted from a bedroom is pretty rare…as well!”

Gerry has described for us how rare it is for a child to be abducted while on holiday in Portugal.

1. Really very rare - Foreign child in another country.
2. Incredibly rare - British child in another country.
3. Pretty rare - to be taken from a bedroom.

(No. 3 is interesting - from a bedroom? - also interesting he speaks about what happened to 'us' not what happened to Madeleine)

Tens of millions 
EVERY YEAR go to Portugal and Spain and they ALL return home safe and well, Gerry tells us.

So good news all round, Portugal really is an 
incredibly safe place to holiday with your children.  

Good of Gerry McCann to do his bit for the Portuguese Tourist Industry!

Wonder what odds a bookie would give on this happening though, given that it's beyond rare?

I guess that rather depends on the circumstances surrounding any child vanishing without trace while on holiday!

Makes one wonder then what odds there are of the Met having
more than one potential suspect - that is - a suspect (s) that they are now hoping to find evidence enough to lead to prosecution and conviction, other than the McCanns and their companions?

What odds were there of so many possible child murders/paeodphiles having descended on PDL that little village when in the
whole of the Iberian Penisula?  As McCann said - it just doesn't happen?

How lucky did the alleged abductor get - an unlocked apartment with three little kids left alone, so many to choose from?

He didn't have to huff and puff and blow the house down - Kate and Gerry left the door unlocked for him...  How thoughtful of them! 

Such a lot I think the McCanns will now be wishing they had never said!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBXB_cvdxME&feature=player_embedded

l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com
23rd June 2013
Secondthoughts2
Secondthoughts2

Activity : 88

Jill Havern and HectorDetector like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.08.20 13:27

At the police station that first afternoon, Guilhermino Encarnação had briefly mentioned three potential explanations for Madeleine’s disappearance: a burglary that had ‘changed direction’, abduction and the possibility that she had wandered off by herself.

In the coming months we would learn that burglaries were rife on that stretch of the Algarve coast (in Praia da Luz, burglars were ‘like mice’, according to one resident), and although it is difficult to imagine how a burglary could escalate into an abduction, we now know that this is not unheard of.

However, I have always found the third suggestion insulting to our intelligence, frankly. Obviously, the police are obliged to consider all possible scenarios but there was no doubt in our minds that Madeleine had not left that apartment of her own accord. For a start there was Jane’s sighting of what was, in all likelihood, Madeleine being carried off. Even if you set that aside, there was no way a three-year-old would have been able to raise the shutters and open the window in the children’s room. To give any credence whatsoever to the idea that Madeleine could have walked out on her own you would have to accept that she had gone out the back way, pulling aside the sitting-room curtains and drawing them again, then opening the patio door, the child-safety gate at the top of the stairs on the veranda and the little gate to the road – and carefully closing all three behind her. What three-year-old do you know who would do that? And we knew our Madeleine. She simply would not wander off like this.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

[Reproduced for research and study only]

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.08.20 13:29

This theory was not only insulting, it was, much more importantly, frighteningly damaging to the chances of finding Madeleine quickly. If the police were wasting precious time pursuing it they were not going to be looking in the right places, or taking the appropriate type of action. In the first few days we gained the impression that this was exactly what was happening. Certainly their initial searches were all geared to looking for a stray child who had become lost in or around Luz. We would later hear from the British police that it took until 10am on Friday, almost twelve hours after the alarm was raised, for roadblocks and checks to be put in place. And it would be five more days before Interpol circulated a ‘yellow notice’ (global alert) to each of its member countries.

We subsequently learned that less than fifty minutes after Jane’s sighting – when I had still to discover that Madeleine was missing – a family of nine from Ireland had also seen a man carrying a child, this time on Rua da Escola Primária, a few minutes’ walk from apartment 5A, heading towards Rua 25 de Abril. Their description was remarkably similar to Jane’s. The man was in his mid thirties, 1.75 to 1.8 metres tall and of slim to normal build. These witnesses, too, said this person didn’t look like a tourist. They couldn’t quite put their finger on why, but again they felt it might have been because of what he was wearing. They also mentioned cream or beige trousers. The child, a little girl of about four with medium-blonde hair, was lying with her head towards the man’s left shoulder. She was wearing light-coloured pyjamas, had nothing on her feet and there was no blanket over her. Although, like Jane, this family had taken this man and child for father and daughter, they commented that the man did not look comfortable carrying the child, as if he wasn’t used to it.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

[Reproduced for research and study only]

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 25.08.20 15:01

If the truth like Houses can be constructed.

What is written is to be like food, digested.

What is not served up is still with the Chef. The truth.

Who else cooks the books? 

MSM & Co.
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 2578

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.08.20 16:04

For anyone who still thinks those indelibly printed words have been spirited away by some imaginary force, it's still there for all to see. Having said that, how you amend, edit or delete a passage from a published book, already topping the best sellers list, I am at a loss to understand.

Lest they forget..

Kate McCann wrote:My reason for writing it is simple: to give an account of the truth. It has always been my intention to set down a complete record of what happened to our family, for our children, Madeleine, Sean and Amelie, so that, when they are ready, the facts will be there for them to read. I wanted to make sure they would always have access to a written chronicle of what really happened, no matter how many years have passed. They have already been through too much, and there will be further challenges ahead. Understanding our ordeal will give them the best chance of dealing with whatever life throws at them.

Kate McCann wrote:
I asked Gerry apprehensively if he’d had any really horrible thoughts or visions of Madeleine. He nodded. Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her body, her perfect little genitals torn apart. Although I knew I had to share this burden, just raising the subject out loud to someone else, even Gerry, was excruciating. Admitting the existence of these images somehow confirmed them as a real possibility, and with that confirmation came renewed waves of fear.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.08.20 16:13

So many of the emotions and physical sensations I’ve experienced over the past few years will be beyond the scope of most people’s comprehension, thank God. I felt as if I’d embarked on a slow, painful death. Just imagining your child, any child, like this is agonizing and unless such thoughts have any basis in reality, it is normal and understandable to banish them from your mind. Everybody has their own mechanisms for self-protection and surrounding yourself only with ‘nice thoughts’ is one of many. I wished I could do that. The pictures I saw of our Madeleine no sane human being would want in her head, but they were in mine. I simply couldn’t rid myself of these evil scenes in the early days and weeks.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

So Ms Healy - how do you think your little three year old daughter was feeling still feeling if found in the situation going around in your head that you so vividly describe? Still feeling if alive, as you so adamantly believe a possibility.

Madeleine is the victim - not you nor your feckless reckless husband. Forget yourself, find a space in your head and your heart for Madeleine.

ex moderator
ex moderator

HectorDetector and Silentscope like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top