The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Mm11

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Mm11

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Regist10

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book?

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Empty Re: Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book?

Post by Verdi 05.03.20 14:28

CaKeLoveR wrote: 😊 That phenomenal egotism hasn't diminished once. Add being as hard as nails, being a liar, and having no conscience and you have an inhuman creature. I wonder if she hangs upside down at night.

big grin Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Old_ba10 high5

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Empty Re: Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book?

Post by Guest 05.03.20 17:32

That's hilarious. 😂 😂
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.03.20 0:57

As soon as our table was in sight I started screaming. ‘Madeleine’s gone! Someone’s taken her!’ Everyone seemed frozen for a split second, perhaps unable, as I’d been, to process this information.

Then they all jumped up from their chairs and ran towards me. I remember Gerry saying, ‘She must be there!’ By now, I was hysterical. ‘She’s not! She’s gone!

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

Admittedly this was said in hindsight, four years after the event to be precise, if one assumes the particular passage wasn't written months beforehand.

Analyse the wording - it will take but a second .... 'someone's taken her' .... 'by now I was hysterical'.

Under such circumstances I would expect hysteria to begin the moment you discover your child is not where she should be - where you left her about two hours before but why someone's taken her?

Your child might not make a habit of nocturnal adventures but in a strange environment when left alone with little brother and sister, wouldn't the first reaction be your baby had wandered off somewhere?  'It felt so safe' - why then would you immediately assume your child had been taken?  Is there some reason why it suddenly didn't seem quite so safe as you thought some days before?

Enter the paedophile abductor!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.03.20 9:06

That was badly planned. People take their mobile 'phones everywhere, and if they were really making checks on the children, they would have their mobiles with them, in case they found a child awake or cold or any number of things. Then 'phone one of the party, say I'll stay with the kids a while. Or in this case, ring Gerry McCann and tell him Madeleine is missing, wait for him, and stay with the twins. But they decided on Kate McCann leaving the twins alone, rushing back to the restaurant and waiting until she spotted their table before becoming hysterical.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 06.03.20 21:27

‘Our own apartment was only thirty to forty-five seconds away, and although there were some bushes in between it was largely visible from the Tapas restaurant.’

But seemingly not vice-versa!

‘As soon as our table was in sight’
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.03.20 21:58

The whole vile gang of them show guilty knowledge with every statement they made, didn't they?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.03.20 22:14

Doug D wrote:‘Our own apartment was only thirty to forty-five seconds away, and although there were some bushes in between it was largely visible from the Tapas restaurant.’
But seemingly not vice-versa!
‘As soon as our table was in sight’
The astonishing thing is that the McC's Lawyers and PR people allowed them to put it into print.
And that the TAPAS 7 who are fatally compromised by what is in it were not allowed to veto it.
What were their lawyers thinking ?

And they knew knew that all anyone had to do was drive up to the place and have a look
March up to the shutters and give them a pull.  [mea culpa. ]
Walk along the appointed route with a pace stick and a stopwatch and measure it.  [vide supra]

And all their lies would be exposed within minutes.
Which of course they were.

But nobody seems to care.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16602

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.03.20 23:16

We do, and some of you have been caring since the beginning. If this case is ever solved, it will be because of this forum.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.04.20 16:18

Every time I read these independent statements in the files (and neither could have been influenced by the other, remember – Jane’s description had not been released to the public before the Irish witnesses made their statements), I am staggered by how alike they are, almost identical in parts.

As a lawyer once said to me, apropos another matter, ‘One coincidence, two coincidences – maybe they’re still coincidences. Any more than that and it stops being coincidence.’

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 12.04.20 0:18

When I realized Madeleine wasn’t actually there, I went through to our bedroom to see if she’d got into our bed. That would explain the open door. On the discovery of another empty bed, the first wave of panic hit me. As I ran back into the children’s room the closed curtains flew up in a gust of wind. My heart lurched as I saw now that, behind them, the window was wide open and the shutters on the outside raised all the way up. Nausea, terror, disbelief, fear. Icy fear. Dear God, no! Please, no!

On Madeleine’s bed, the top right-hand corners of the covers were still turned over, forming a triangle. Cuddle Cat and her pink princess blanket were lying where they’d been when we’d kissed her goodnight. I dashed over to the second bed, on the other side of the travel cots where the twins slept on, oblivious, and looked out through the window. I’ve no idea what I expected to see there.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.04.20 13:10

I can understand the Gerry fella not repenting and telling the world the
truth,I believe he is a sociopath,but a Mother who carried the child for
nine month’s,to have done what she did is indescribable.I think I could
call them evil.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.04.20 13:46

I think I could happily agree with you. She doesn't possess one maternal atom.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 14.04.20 16:10

We subsequently learned that less than fifty minutes after Jane’s sighting – when I had still to discover that Madeleine was missing – a family of nine from Ireland had also seen a man carrying a child, this time on Rua da Escola Primária, a few minutes’ walk from apartment 5A, heading towards Rua 25 de Abril.

Their description was remarkably similar to Jane’s. The man was in his mid thirties, 1.75 to 1.8 metres tall and of slim to normal build. These witnesses, too, said this person didn’t look like a tourist. They couldn’t quite put their finger on why, but again they felt it might have been because of what he was wearing. They also mentioned cream or beige trousers. The child, a little girl of about four with medium-blonde hair, was lying with her head towards the man’s left shoulder. She was wearing light-coloured pyjamas, had nothing on her feet and there was no blanket over her.
Although, like Jane, this family had taken this man and child for father and daughter, they commented that the man did not look comfortable carrying the child, as if he wasn’t used to it.

~~~~~~

In addition to the man and child seen by Jane Tanner at about 9.15pm on the evening Madeleine was taken, and the similar sighting forty-five minutes later by the family from Ireland, there were six reports from four independent witnesses of a ‘suspicious’ male noticed around the Ocean Club.

~~~~~~

The following sightings are still of great interest to us. Explaining them is very important to our continuing investigation, if only to eliminate the individuals concerned from our inquiry.
SIGHTINGS ONE AND TWO

Witness One: Jane Tanner

Witness Two: Holidaymaker from Ireland
These two crucial sightings of a man carrying a child in the street, made around the time of Madeleine’s abduction on the night of 3 May 2007, have been discussed in detail in this book. The description of the man seen by Jane Tanner was eventually made public three weeks after Madeleine’s disappearance and an artist’s impression commissioned by our own investigative team was released in October 2007. Yet to this day no man has come forward to identify himself as the father, relative or family friend of the child in either case.

Although the police appear to have considered these sightings to be unrelated on the basis of the forty-five-minute gap between them, the similarities speak for themselves.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t16810-the-tale-of-smithman-and-tannerman#415909

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 14.04.20 18:28

So if Tanner = Smithman, then Smithman must be the guy who turned up 6 years later, with the clothing he was wearing that night, claiming that he was carrying his own child home from the creche - well, according to Andy Redwood on Panodrama anyway.

So why then, do we have Redwood dismissing Tannerman and looking for Smithman?

Why do we still have people claiming that Smithman is Gerry? Someone is being protected here and its not the McCanns.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11201

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.04.20 18:47

Is it possible that the McCanns are having to protect that someone, or their secret will be revealed? I know there are lots of permutations involved, and I can't explain what I mean clearly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 15.04.20 0:40

On Madeleine’s bed, the top right-hand corners of the covers were still turned over, forming a triangle.

Corners are turned over by many hotels etc to make the bed look nice and perhaps for ease of entry, turning the covers back.
Once you get into bed the corner of the cover would and should naturally fall down  into place vertically.
Even if you manage to get into bed and either not disturb the bedding or turn the corner back, turning over in bed, tossing and turning would move the nicely turned back corner.

Exceptions would be if the bed was not slept in in the first place or the occupant was so deeply asleep/sedated/unconscious/dead that they would not move in bed, at all.
Given them sitting on the bed singing songs, and then tucking the children in bed either cover on or off depending on who we listen to, the turned back corner would not have been present.
I don't know of any parent who at home turns back the covers like that, it is something usually seen in hotels or holiday apartments when someone comes in to do the rooms.

The bed under the window looks to be the bed that was slept in by whoever.
The bed by the door was probably never slept in.

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 15.04.20 9:13

Funny how Madeleines' DNA was found in car boot that she had never been in but not in a bed that she had slept in for five nights.  There would at least have been a hair, surely?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 15.04.20 10:06

" Yet to this day no man has come forward to identify himself ....." 

I thought Julian Totman allegedly spoke to the PJ saying he thought he was Tannerman carrying his daughter from the night crèche ? 

The Totmans have 2 children , so if he was carrying the daughter where was his son ? 

Was Mrs T either in front or behind carrying the other back to their apartment or was only 1 child in the crèche , if so where was the other ? 

J.T of course couldn't " see " 2 people carrying children across the street , that would put the whole " abduction " story in the realms of fairyland ! 

Oh wait , fairyland we've been there for almost 13 years haven't we !

Activity : 2377

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 15.04.20 10:32

sandancer wrote:" Yet to this day no man has come forward to identify himself ....." 

I thought Julian Totman allegedly spoke to the PJ saying he thought he was Tannerman carrying his daughter from the night crèche ? 

The Totmans have 2 children , so if he was carrying the daughter where was his son ? 

Was Mrs T either in front or behind carrying the other back to their apartment or was only 1 child in the crèche , if so where was the other ? 

J.T of course couldn't " see " 2 people carrying children across the street , that would put the whole " abduction " story in the realms of fairyland ! 

Oh wait , fairyland we've been there for almost 13 years haven't we !

thinking Are you sure? I thought it was Cloud Cukoo Land
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 15.04.20 19:30

Fairyland 

Cloud Cuckoo Land 

Narnia    (maybe that's the wardrobe Kate thought Madeleine might be " cowering in "? ) 

Where's Aslan when you need him

Activity : 2377

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.05.20 22:44

Gerry had an extraordinary spiritual experience. He suddenly became aware of a long tunnel with light at the far end of it. He felt himself enter the tunnel and, as he went deeper and deeper inside, it became wider and wider and brighter and brighter. He had never known anything like this before and he immediately interpreted it as a sign urging us to do absolutely everything within our power to find Madeleine ourselves. From that moment he was convinced that we did not have to sit back passively, issuing statements and waiting for others to bring her home. We needed to take the initiative. Straight away he shared this revelation with me and tried to explain what it meant to him. We had to start right now to mobilize all the resources available to us.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Intern10
Gerry had an extraordinary spiritual experience. He suddenly became aware of a long tunnel with light at the far end of it.

I'm a troll, fol-dee-rol, I'm a troll, fol-dee-rol whistling

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.05.20 22:47

That looks like a hellish lair. 👹
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.05.20 22:53

All roads lead to Rome big grin !

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 04.05.20 23:42

Verdi wrote:From that moment he was convinced that we did not have to sit back passively, issuing statements and waiting for others to bring her home. We needed to take the initiative. Straight away he shared this revelation with me and tried to explain what it meant to him. We had to start right now to mobilize all the resources available to us.
And so the search began...

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Chilling+out

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Taylorandsahlke

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 MccannDM0409_468x288

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Searching+for+maddie

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Do+de+do+de+do

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Divers

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Kate+and+gerry+show

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Looking

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Dog_search

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Jogging

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Algarve

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Eddie_howl

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Fooked

ooops  Awkward!!!

Plan B
Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 14 Kate_and_gerry_flee_portugal

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41882

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.05.20 22:46

The press have published a mountain of stories, often without knowing, and perhaps caring, whether or not there was any substance to them, causing great distress to our family and, more importantly, hindering the search for Madeleine. Others have seized the opportunity to profit from our agony by writing books about our daughter, several of them claiming to reveal ‘what really happened’. Which is extraordinary, given that the only person who knows this is the person who abducted her on 3 May 2007. Many of these authors have no first-hand knowledge of the case and have based their theories on the half-truths, speculation and full-blown lies appearing in the media and on the internet.
~~~~~~

Dave [Payne] asked whether we should get the media involved to increase awareness and recruit more help. The reply was swift and unambiguous. ‘No media! No media!’
~~~~~~

Evidently this wasn’t the best way of contacting Sky, because, as it turned out, Dave’s email remained buried in some inbox. Despite the fabricated tales that later emerged in certain quarters, suggesting that we had contacted the media before we’d even called the police, apparently the first Sky heard of Madeleine’s disappearance was from the Press Association, and from seeing one of our friends on GMTV, later that morning. Though we knew little of what was going on at the time, it is true that the news filtered through overnight. Rachael had contacted a friend of hers at the BBC seeking help and advice and several friends in the UK informed the press some time after 7am.
~~~~~~

The texts and phone calls kept coming. By this time our friend Jon Corner, a creative director in media production in Liverpool, was circulating photographs and video footage of Madeleine to the police, Interpol and broadcasting and newspaper news desks.
~~~~~~

Although he didn’t say anything to me then, as soon as he saw all this Gerry knew it was likely to lead to a terrible invasion of our privacy at the most difficult time of our lives. We’d never been exposed to the glare of the media ourselves, but we were aware to some extent from what had happened to other people how intrusive the press, and in particular the tabloid newspapers, could be.
~~~~~~

In spite of his misgivings about the media, Gerry decided that he wanted to make a statement to them.
~~~~~~

As more TV and press turned up in Luz, Alex Woolfall gave us helpful pointers on handling the media. We came to rely on Alex as our de facto media liaison officer.
~~~~~~

As more TV and press turned up in Luz, Alex Woolfall gave us helpful pointers on handling the media. We came to rely on Alex as our de facto media liaison officer. It was he who guided us early on, giving us simple advice that has stood us in good stead since. He told us to ask ourselves the following two questions before giving anything to anyone in the press: what was our objective, and how was it going to help? We’ve always tried to remember those basic principles in all our interactions with the media. Alex explained the rather Pavlovian responses of the media pack. If we began to give daily statements, for example, they would expect one at the same time every day. Sometimes, he said, all they needed was to be fed something to keep them happy, and if that was the case, this might be our only objective in speaking to them.
~~~~~~

Gerry had asked his youngest sister, Phil, to stay in Glasgow to be the focus in the UK for the family and inquiries from the media, who were already approaching friends, relations and more or less anyone to whom we’d ever said hello in the street for information and opinions.
~~~~~~

There wasn’t a great deal we could say: we thanked everyone in Portugal and the UK, said we were pleased that the FLOs were now working with the Portuguese police, appealed for any information that might lead to Madeleine’s safe return and thanked the media for respecting our privacy, especially Sean and Amelie’s.
~~~~~~

Alex and Andy had arranged for the appeal to be handled on a ‘pooled’ basis, which meant that one company, in this instance the BBC, would be chosen to record it and they would then distribute the film to all the other media outlets.
~~~~~~

Of course, this was torture for us. The British media were not accustomed to it, either. For those familiar with police and court reporting in the UK, the Portuguese system is a ‘hall of mirrors’, as one reporter described it. Because nothing can be confirmed on the record, and the police often don’t bother to contradict false reports, rumours proliferate.
~~~~~~

Although it wasn’t apparent to us at the time, because the PJ were not guiding the press, particularly the international press, no agenda was being set. This left the media with a free rein and would soon lead to speculation on a massive scale and the broadcasting and printing of erroneous ‘facts’ in the interests of filling column inches and airtime.
~~~~~~

In the first few days after Madeleine’s abduction, the media in general were very respectful and their coverage was largely sympathetic.
~~~~~~

I looked on them as allies in the search for Madeleine. And although I don’t doubt that many of them did genuinely want to help, it was a while before I realized that finding our child came some way down their list of priorities and learned the hard lesson that the media are not about spreading news but selling products. Their overriding concern was not us or, sadly, Madeleine, it was someone shouting down the phone that the editor needed eight hundred words by ten o’clock.
~~~~~~

We realized that the extraordinary media coverage given to Madeleine’s case was probably reaching saturation point in the UK and Portugal. As it was just as likely that she could have been taken out of the country, we were now thinking about ways of extending the scope of our campaign abroad.
~~~~~~

On Thursday 17 May, Michael gave a statement to the media, with Sheree riding shotgun, to follow up the launch of the fund with news of our plans to widen our campaign.
~~~~~~

But there was a minor backlash, mutterings about it sounding too slick, which led to snide references in the media to the ‘McCann media machine’ and even the ‘juggernaut’. This marked the start of a thread of criticism we would become used to in the coming months.
~~~~~~

That afternoon, we’d agreed to see a photographer from the Sunday Mirror whose pictures would be put into the press pool for the other Sunday newspapers. Having our photograph taken for media purposes was and remains a difficult issue. Apart from the fact that it’s uncomfortable for us and often feels staged, how are we supposed to appear and behave for the camera?
~~~~~~

Journalists were always telling us it was important for the general public to see that we were a very ordinary family. The jury’s still out on that argument, I think. What I do know is that trying to maintain the balance between our privacy and the media’s appetite for the ‘human-interest’ angle was very tricky.
~~~~~~

This dilemma has always been at the heart of our difficult relationship with the media. Much as we shrank from the intrusion, we needed them to keep Madeleine in the public eye.
~~~~~~

It was later the same day that Gerry met Clarence Mitchell for the first time. Clarence, a former BBC news correspondent working for the Civil Service, was the director of the Media Monitoring Unit attached to 10 Downing Street. He still had many press contacts and had made it known to his Cabinet Office bosses that he missed the cut and thrust of big stories and would be interested, if an opportunity arose, in acting as a government press handler on a major event. As a result, he was seconded to the Foreign Office to come out to Portugal to handle our media liaison as part of their consular support for us.
~~~~~~

Clarence sprang into action immediately, apparently. Within seconds he was on the phone to the police and talking to the media on the ground about how this could be arranged to give Gerry some space and at the same time allow the press access to his visit.
~~~~~~

Gerry’s sister Phil flew in from Glasgow. It was so good to see her. From the first hours after Madeleine’s disappearance, Phil had been our linchpin at home, coordinating family, friends, other helpers and the media and campaigning tirelessly.
~~~~~~

Wednesday 23 May was Clarence’s first full day in Portugal as our media liaison and spokesperson, and it was going to be one on which his assistance would be essential.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

[Excerpts for research and study purposes only]

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top