The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann 'died from overdose' Mm11

Madeleine McCann 'died from overdose' Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann 'died from overdose' Mm11

Madeleine McCann 'died from overdose' Regist10

Madeleine McCann 'died from overdose'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann 'died from overdose' Empty Madeleine McCann 'died from overdose'

Post by ufercoffy 09.05.11 18:22

By Gary Cleland 7:00AM BST 14 Sep 2007
Madeleine McCann died from an overdose of sleeping tablets, reports in a French newspaper claimed yesterday.
Tycoons withdraw support for McCanns
Madeleine's parents seek top PR figure
In full: The Madeleine McCann case
Guilhem Battut, an investigative reporter for the French tabloid France Soir, said Portuguese police had given prosecutors a file detailing how they thought Madeleine had died.

Battut - an experienced journalist who has worked on a number of major inquiries - claims police believe that evidence found in the McCanns' hire car will "prove that the little girl had ingested medicines, without doubt sleeping pills, in large quantities".

A source at the newspaper claimed: "We are not simply repeating rumours carried in other papers. This is not a theory, but a fact contained in hard evidence in the hands of the Portuguese authorities.

"It is all very well putting theories and opinions forward, but in the end this case will be decided on evidence. As journalists, we have been trying to establish what evidence is available."
DNA evidence which has reportedly been found in the hire car includes hair, blood and bodily fluids which match Madeleine's.
Police are said to want to examine the vehicle again. It is currently being kept in a safe place by the family who are considering having their own tests carried out on it as they strive to prove their innocence.
Portuguese police are said to be drawing up a list of 40 new questions that they want to put to Mrs McCann. But British forensic experts expressed doubts over the claim.
Alan Baker, of the independent forensic science organisation Bericon, said: "These samples are likely to be far from ideal. If it is just a smear or dried deposit you could detect the drug but not how much."
Last night friends of the family dismissed the latest speculation. Gerry McCann reportedly told a friend: "There are large craters in every one of these theories, in these ludicrous accusations.'
"As far as Kate and I are concerned there is no evidence to suggest that Madeleine is dead. We are 100 per cent together on this, not one grain of suspicion about each other."
A close friend of Mrs McCann's said: "She is a gentle mother who loves her children very much.''

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann 'died from overdose' Empty Re: Madeleine McCann 'died from overdose'

Post by dragonfly 09.05.11 18:27

Why would blood be found then?
It has on this site a picture of behind the sofa , suggesting the marks on the wall are blood ?

dragonfly
dragonfly

Activity : 367

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann 'died from overdose' Empty Re: Madeleine McCann 'died from overdose'

Post by ufercoffy 09.05.11 18:30

Might it not be possible that Madeleine was under the influence of drugs and climbed onto the sofa to look out of the window where she could hear her daddy talking to Jez and fell off the back of the sofa?

I don't know i don\'t know

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly 09.05.11 18:45

ufercoffy wrote:Might it not be possible that Madeleine was under the influence of drugs and climbed onto the sofa to look out of the window where she could hear her daddy talking to Jez and fell off the back of the sofa?

I don't know i don\'t know

That would sound more like a head injury if fallen off the sofa, not an overdose, to overdose on sleeping pills I'd doubt any child would be climbing up sofas, I would of thought the opposite state and been drowsy,

dragonfly
dragonfly

Activity : 367

Back to top Go down

Post by niknaks08 15.05.11 14:24

just came across this news video of there responce to being asked if they used any sleeping aids , ( sorry if its been posted b4 im still using im new as my excuse :)). thoughts on gms responce ??
niknaks08
niknaks08

Activity : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief 15.05.11 14:33

I was on sleeping tablets, one morning I was so dopey on them I fell down the stairs, I also fell asleep on the bus and ended up 15 miles from my bus stop sad
soulthief

Activity : 725

https://www.youtube.com/user/xS0ulThiefx

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann 'died from overdose' Empty sleeping pills

Post by marconi 04.07.13 1:02

soulthief wrote:I was on sleeping tablets, one morning I was so dopey on them I fell down the stairs, I also fell asleep on the bus and ended up 15 miles from my bus stop  sad

It is interesting to notice that Kate often refers to the tiredness of the children, to the exhausted Madeleine, Katee had to carry her home...
And also the deeply sleeping children when they arrived back in the UK. 
Children of nearly 4 years old don't get that tired at 5pm.
Did she have health problems?
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.13 9:19

Possible health problems in relation to coloboma of the eye have been mentioned before.

That's the information that comes up if you enter "coloboma" on Wikipedia.

We can but wonder why Madeleine's medical records were withheld.

P.S. Another link to Wikipedia.

I don't know why this didn't appear immediately before.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 04.07.13 10:46

The effects a coloboma has on the vision can be mild or more severe depending on the size and location of the gap. If, for example, only a small part of the iris is missing, vision may be normal, whereas if a large part of the retina or optic nerve is missing, vision may be poor and a large part of the visual field may be missing. This is more likely to cause problems with mobility if the lower visual field is absent. Other conditions can be associated with a coloboma. Sometimes the eye may be reduced in size, a condition called microphthalmia, or there may be glaucoma, nystagmus, scotoma or strabismus.

I've highlighted some of the text. Could this mean, if present, that people with the condition can easily fall over steps, for example, due to the "lower visual field" being absent?
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.13 14:57

Did I hear correctly from someone here that nowhere in the Authorised Account Of The Truth (Kate's book) is the coloboma mentioned?

Very strange if so in view of the potential seriousness of the condition and the vast amount of hype about it at the beginning of the saga.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top