The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Question for Mr Bennett - Page 4 Mm11

Question for Mr Bennett - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Question for Mr Bennett - Page 4 Mm11

Question for Mr Bennett - Page 4 Regist10

Question for Mr Bennett

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question for Mr Bennett - Page 4 Empty Re: Question for Mr Bennett

Post by aiyoyo 03.01.10 14:21

rockyrobin wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
rockyrobin wrote:Are you planning on using Kirwans again Tony ??
Spelling of Kirwans corrected.

Never say never.
Oh dear shall we start by going through all your spelling mistakes Tony. Stop being so pedantic and childish.

RR - who's really the imbecile (excuse the pun) here? YOU?

If someone chose to change spelling/s as and when they spotted it, what's the point of rubbing salt?

Why the need to have a dig on someone over something as trivial as that? When I am typing fast I often made a fair bit of spelling mistakes. Sometimes I noticed, sometimes not; and sometimes I felt like correcting and other times I thought heck care, surely people will understand.

eta: is it a sin/crime to be a bad speller?. The main thing is so long as people understand - who cares? We are not here for an Oscar in the Language are we?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.10 14:34

I have to say it's attitudes like rockyrobins that keeps me glued firmly to the fence. Why the need to be so abrasive? What's with the 'Toony' comments ? How childish is that? Then she has the temerity to call him childish for altering the spelling of Kirwin to Kirwan. What was the problem with that exactly?

I have never condone's Tony Bennets actions, but I don't see the necessity to jump on his every syllable in a point scoring exercise. rockyrobin, you can't stand the man, that much is obvious. But please, for the sake of those of us who welcome civilised discussion, please lay of the petty insults. Thanks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartibartfast 03.01.10 14:41

Italics are the new black.
Slartibartfast

Activity : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.01.10 14:42

Absolutely Cherub!

TB for his shortcomings is at least polite compared to those who picked on him.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.10 14:44

I don't know why it's doing that. I've checked and unchecked the itallics box. any clue?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.01.10 14:46

Slartibartfast wrote:Italics are the new black.

Pardon my slowness - what does it mean?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.10 14:47

typing in itallics I think..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.01.10 14:50

New black?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.10 14:52

Apparently. The forum police say so, you see.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.01.10 14:58

HA HA HA!

Some jokers around yeah?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nits 03.01.10 15:04

Nits wrote:As I have said before Mr Bennett I have welcomed your responses to some of my questions. You invited me or anyone else that could try and make sense of your invitation to Liverpool to go ahead.

TB Writes: Sometimes you can be in the middle of the forest and not see the wood for the trees.

Therefore if 'Nits' or anyone else can make sense of the invitation to Liverpool, please go ahead, for sure there have been many dirty tricks played in this case

I did respond to you with another question

Nits Writes: Are you telling me with your Political background you could not see the wood through the trees and not realise that Mr Kirwan was once a Conservative whip and would in all likely know Ms Mcvey. How strange!

Off I wandered to MM where LA had this to say

Laffin Assasin wrote:When Kirwan first announced his intention to stand, quite a few months ago, I suggested T Bennett should send one of his books to Kirwan.

I did ask LA what promted him do that and we all know what happened next. Unlike LA you have once again provided me with not one but two answers.

You have protected your emailers identity, but one can only assume it is LA
Your emailer has advised you Mr Kirwan is standing against Ms Mcvey in the Wirral
You have confirmed you were Politically aware in your return email

I assume from what you say that Esther McVey is standing in The Wirral also, right?

Do you still maintain you couldn't see the wood through the trees. Mr Bennett on paper you were the leader of UKIP for a few days you were also the researcher for Robert Kilroy Silk its leader are you telling me you didn't research the ramifications and implications your visit to Mr Kirwan could have not only for the MF and yourself but Mr Kirwan. I am along with a few others here concerned that this part of the MBM story isn't about MBM but motivated by things I can't even begin to understand.

For those of you that don't know why My Kirwan left the Conservative Party here is a link, Bit of a loose cannon our Mr Kirwan.

http://archive.thisischeshire.co.uk/2007/6/5/290287.html

IMHO I think all this posting of emails from and to Mr Kirwan is ruining any political chance he may have I have now removed your responses on my blog from public as the short visit from CR followed by Conservative Party HQ London put the wind up me. I decided they were not interested in my Ramblings therefore they were more interested in what you had posted.

Once again I thank you for your responses it has been a real eye opener.

Regards
Nits

Forgot your 2nd answer the one LA wouldn't answer. The fact that Mr Kirwan was the only Independant standing in the Wirral.

I thought the italics took us off topic, so thought I would post again

Regards
Nits
Nits

Activity : 29

http://nitsramblings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.10 15:05

big grin

quite. We're not short on humour at least.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.10 15:07

Thanks Nits.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nits 03.01.10 15:28

This is a really Thick question. Do Conservatives that become Independant Conservative have to be a member of UKIP to be in the Houses of Parliment.

Sorry I know it's a daft question and I should know the answer but I don't, It's a bit of a debate me and the OH are having at the moment.

Regards
Nits
Nits

Activity : 29

http://nitsramblings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.01.10 15:44

Nits wrote:This is a really Thick question. Do Conservatives that become Independant Conservative have to be a member of UKIP to be in the Houses of Parliment.

Sorry I know it's a daft question and I should know the answer but I don't, It's a bit of a debate me and the OH are having at the moment.

Regards
Nits

So I noticed you are another new black yeah? Some humour is not against the grain I hope!

As for the 'daft' question, I would have thought the answer is no, but my answer might be equally 'daft'. Anyone?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.10 16:03

I have never heard of an Independent Conservative tbh Nits. Unless it's a new party.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 03.01.10 16:16

Independent Conservative is a description allowed in British politics to denote party affiliation. It is used to designate a politician is conservative, yet independent of any political party, particularly of the Conservative Party.

Currently, there is one Member of Parliament that uses the description; Derek Conway was elected as an MP for the Conservative Party, but had the whip withdrawn, forcing him to become an Independent Conservative.

wiki

Activity : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.10 16:29

That's interesting. Thanks very much Vaguely. thumbsup
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Question for Mr Bennett - Page 4 Empty Dear Mr Kirwan, 29 September 2009

Post by Tony Bennett 03.01.10 22:58

badmanners wrote:I was also left wondering what it was that you were proposing which he [David Kirwan] was so keen to dissuade you of.

In answer to your question, here's the letter from me, in full and verbatim, which David Kirwan was answering [sorry I can't yet screenshot it as I don't know how to:

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Dear Mr Kirwan

[copied to Debbie]

I have just arrived home from my holiday (early) after travelling down all day from north Derbyshire.

I have just opened my post to discover that my one-day Tribunal in Nottingham (on 2 October) has been adjourned (to a date to be re-arranged) at the last minute at the request of the Respondent (I act for the Applicant).

This completely changes matters for the next 3 days and I have just informed Debbie that there is now no reason why I cannot dedicate ANY ONE of the next 3 days to meeting with your and/or your Partner. Having said that, 11.00am is a very difficult time for us with Debbie facing a journey of some 280 miles from Maidstone.

If you and Debbie can arrange a time within those three days, I and Debbie will attend, God willing.

If you cannot make 30 Sep, 1 or 2 Oct then I remain free, as stated, on Mon 5th and Tues 6th and if all attempts to fix an earlier date do not succeed then Debbie and I look forward to seeing you and/or Partner on Wednesday 7th at 2.00pm.

There are quite a few practical questions in our minds which we will need to raise and get answers to when we meet, not least the financial aspects.

I have an income below the current tax threshold, apart from that I have savings in the tens of thousands saved up for my old age.

Because of the implications of hiring lawyers, even on a pro bono or 'no win no fee' basis, I had planned to defend myself against the demands of the McCanns and then to continue to defend myself if they decide to issue a libel writ.

I would put the principle behind this as follows:

"In Britain, the country renowned the world over for free speech, a person should have the right to express and promote any opinion (save for promoting violence or racial hatred etc.) provided that he has a reasonable basis on which to argue that opinion, and even if he is mistaken. A person who articulates a controversial opinion and who in the process offends someone who can afford to employ the top libel lawyers in the country should not have to resort to lawyers in order to defend his right to hold and circulate opinions. He should be able to go to court, explain to a judge and jury his reasons for holding his opinions, and be confident that the court will not favour the one with unlimited financial resources but decide the case purely and simply on whether or not it was reasonable of him to hold and circulate his opinions".

I see some potential parallels here with the famous McDonalds 'McLibel' case, where thew two leafleters were found 'guilty' of a handful of minor libels but McDonalds came off far worse in terms of having to pay huge costs and also of course the adverse publiicty they suffered.

Having said all that, I am extremely grateful for the help and advice offered by yourself to date and obviously your very keen intetest in helping us and your awareness of the potential significance of this case in all sorts of respects - one of my reasons for my interest in it also.

NOW SOME PRACTICAL MATTERS

1. I have already preprared (prior to going on holiday) a draft response to Carter-Ruck. I aim to send you this within the next 24 hours when I have refined it. I would expect your reponse on our behalf to follow similar lines to those in my draft letter. I trust it will also give you a great deal of background about the case which you will no doubt need to see in any event if you are going to continue to act for us.

2. Could you please send me a copy of your letter to Carter-Ruck?

3. Could you please send me a scanned copy of Carter-Ruck's reply?

4. Could you please send one further letter to Carter-Ruck ASAP advising them of the risk they are taking in the litigation if they fail to allow us a reasonable amount of further time, say another week, in which to respond.

I apologise sincerely for not being able to agree to meet you earlier but I simply could not have taken one whole day out until I learnt just now that the Tribunal had been adjourned.

Thanks once again for your assistance to date.

Tony Bennett
Secretary
The Madeleine Foundation
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 03.01.10 23:03

there are instructions on the other thread for doing it.

Activity : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.01.10 23:11

vaguely wrote:there are instructions on the other thread for doing it.

Tony, thanks to Jill we now have a technical info forum here, so you can ask away there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top