The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann: "My plan was to stay quiet and not answer"  Mm11

Gerry McCann: "My plan was to stay quiet and not answer"  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann: "My plan was to stay quiet and not answer"  Mm11

Gerry McCann: "My plan was to stay quiet and not answer"  Regist10

Gerry McCann: "My plan was to stay quiet and not answer"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry McCann: "My plan was to stay quiet and not answer"  Empty Gerry McCann: "My plan was to stay quiet and not answer"

Post by Jill Havern 22.11.19 17:29

An old article from 2008 that I posted on my Abuse of Power blog.

Gerry McCann: "My plan was to stay quiet and not answer"

More than £1 million has been spent hunting for missing Madeleine McCann, her parents have revealed.

Kate and Gerry McCann said that in less than a year the Find Madeleine fund had paid £1 million to Spain's Metodo 3 detective agency to search for her.

And the pair told the Daily Mirror they will spend whatever it takes to uncover the truth.

Mrs McCann, 40, told the newspaper: "We can't set a limit. A child does not have a price. We will pay what we have to. It just takes one person to make the one phone call we so hope for. We know she was abducted and believe someone knows or suspects something.

"We want to find her alive. But if she is dead we want to know. There's nothing in the police report that indicates anything bad has happened to her."

The two doctors, from Rothley, Leicestershire, also spoke of their bitterness at having ever been made suspects in the case.

Mrs McCann strongly condemned detective Goncalo Amaral, who led the hunt and later wrote a book on the case, labelling his behaviour "a disgrace".

Mr McCann, 40, said: "We were investigated in the most intimate detail. My plan was to stay quiet and not answer. But the first question was, 'Are you involved in the disappearance of your daughter?' It was nonsense and I decided to respond."

Mr McCann again expressed his anguish at leaving Madeleine alone with twins Sean and Amelie as they went for dinner in Portugal's Praia da Luz resort.

But he said the couple were "not negligent" but "profoundly regret" what happened.

Hosted by Copyright © 2008 The Press

-----

10 questions for Kate and Gerry:

1. What has the £1million really been spent on, other than your mortgage, considering that Maddie died in your apartment and didn't need looking for by anyone other than the Portuguese police who you failed to help by contaminating the crime scene, concealing Maddie's body, "planning to keep quiet" and not answering the 48 questions that would have helped the investigation?

2. Kate, if it only takes one person to make one phone call, why don't you pick up the phone and call the PJ and tell them where Maddie is so that your daughter can have justice and dignity?

3. We all know that any child does not have a price - or shouldn't - yet you only have to look at my Postcode Lottery blog to know that NHS doctors do, indeed, put a price on peoples' lives.

4. You keep saying you know she was abducted, yet you've seen the videos where Eddie and Keela detected blood and cadaver in your apartment and your car and it would seem the only reason you keep saying Maddie was abducted is so that donations still roll in to the fraudulent fund which you don't seem to be using to find Maddie.

5. "There's nothing in the police report that indicates anything bad has happened to her." The police files indicate blood spray on the walls and cadaver scent behind the sofa - the blood spray alone indicates something bad happened to her. The police files also indicate there was no evidence of an abductor, so the only question really is: who did the something bad to her if it wasn't an abductor? You also keep saying you think she's been taken by a paedophile ring - that, in itself, would suggest something bad would happen to her.

6. You speak of your bitterness at having been made suspects yet with all the evidence from Eddie and Keela, what else were the police supposed to do? A lot of people speak of their bitterness that a little girl (your daughter) is dead and that you are getting away with it with the help from the UK government and police. What is so special about you when people like Karen Matthews is in custody, even though her child was found alive?

7. Kate, you call Gonçalo Amaral's behaviour a disgrace for leading the hunt for your daughter, then writing a book about his findings after Gordon Brown had him removed from the investigation after you pressured him. Do you not think your behaviour has been a disgrace? Gonçalo Amaral's book is called "The Truth of the Lie" - what will your book be called? "The Marketing Ploy"?

8. Gerry: "We were investigated in the most intimate detail. My plan was to stay quiet and not answer." Did you think you wouldn't be investigated in the most intimate detail then? And why would you "plan" to stay quiet and not answer questions that would lead to Maddie being found? Didn't you want her found? Didn't Kate want her found either, as she refused to answer her 48 questions, including the one where she was asked if she'd considered giving up Maddie's guardianship to a relative in 2006?

9. Kate and Gerry, you claim you were not negligent. How can leaving three children alone not be considered to be negligent? By your own admission you say Maddie has been abducted - if the children hadn't been left alone, do you think she wouldn't have been abducted?

10. If you profoundly regret "what happened", why don't you tell the police "what happened"? Only Eddie and Keela seem to know that something happened.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--------------------

With the passage of time I'm sure many members would be able to come up with loads more, and probably better, questions now...

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41827

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann: "My plan was to stay quiet and not answer"  Empty Re: Gerry McCann: "My plan was to stay quiet and not answer"

Post by Guest 22.11.19 21:06

Mr McCann, 40, said: "We were investigated in the most intimate detail. My plan was to stay quiet and not answer. But the first question was, 'Are you involved in the disappearance of your daughter?' It was nonsense and I decided to respond.
What a great plan!

Oh hang on... so your daughter is missing and you want to get the Police (and everyone else) off your back and concentrate on finding her...

Me... I'd have set up a table in Trafalgar Square and invited any and all questions... answered them and said "can we get on with finding her now?"

I often wonder how their friends and family don't voice their doubts.

Do friends and family ask questions?

They read this forum.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann: "My plan was to stay quiet and not answer"  Empty Re: Gerry McCann: "My plan was to stay quiet and not answer"

Post by ROSA 22.11.19 22:01

"We want to find her alive. But if she is dead we want to know. There's nothing in the police report that indicates anything bad has happened to her."

Hmm the cadaver and blood dogs alerts are indications that something bad happened to her . duh lol4

And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 22.11.19 22:24

Yeah, but they don't count in this particular investigation bignono

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41827

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 23.11.19 0:31

Didn't Murat's mother do a stint of handing out leaflets and speaking to 'locals' and I use that term loosely, who may have been scamming the taxation system by hiring out apartments and would be reluctant to speak to the police?

Now call me Mrs Picky but was it her place to do that?

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13380

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.11.19 14:40

Liz Eagles wrote:Didn't Murat's mother do a stint of handing out leaflets and speaking to 'locals' and I use that term loosely, who may have been scamming the taxation system by hiring out apartments and would be reluctant to speak to the police?

Now call me Mrs Picky but was it her place to do that?
What was on the leaflets?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top