The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 3 Mm11

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 3 Mm11

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 3 Regist10

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 3 Empty Re: Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary

Post by NickE 08.03.19 17:58

A reminder from my chat with Netflix in October 2018.
It's all very strange.
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 3 Scree109

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 3 Empty Re: Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary

Post by Wbl189 08.03.19 18:36

Mi5 ? When will that happen? Lol surely if it was going to happen then it already would have by now. 
İ always wish and hope but i have completely lost any faith about this case. İt's like a circus just playing around to mock the public
Wbl189
Wbl189

Activity : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.03.19 19:54

Wbl189 wrote:Mi5 ? When will that happen? Lol surely if it was going to happen then it already would have by now. 
İ always wish and hope but i have completely lost any faith about this case. İt's like a circus just playing around to mock the public

Sorry, what's MI5 got to do with the proposed Netflix film/documentary about Madeleine McCann - have I missed something?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Wbl189 08.03.19 20:18

I was reading the bottom of NickE post lol sorry for confusion. I thought it was part of his reply but realised it's a quote
Wbl189
Wbl189

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.03.19 20:21

Wbl189 wrote:Only the fake news , mention it. The Sun , Daily mail , the mirror and telegraph. Netflix hasn't mentioned it at all . Nor any other source

Netflix Media Centre ..

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 3 9a6b86f8-e76b-4e95-b5f6-bbbcc22b369f

If you read up-page you will see this entry for forthcoming Netflix exclusives has now been removed from their Media Centre website.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.03.19 20:23

Wbl189 wrote:I was reading the bottom of NickE post lol sorry for confusion. I thought it was part of his reply but realised it's a quote

Aha, the profile signature!  I quite understand the confusion thumbsup it's an easy mistake to make.

ETA: NickE, can you do us a favour and change the style of your profile signature. Anything to differentiate between your post and your signature - a different or smaller font or italics maybe? Thanks!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cammerigal 08.03.19 23:15

Netflix employ geo-blocking, so I could expect it was blocked in the UK due to the legal risks from super injunctions.
However, it is not scheduled here on my Netflix Australia or Netflix USA. it feels like fake news and a part of a plotted game

So in who's interest is it to promote this non story? What advantage do they gain? Always work backwards from this point.

Therefore, let us all take a long hard look at the motives of Tracy Kandahola in placing this piece of fiction in the Murdoch Sun and the prompt 'no comment' response from the Mccon website.
Cammerigal
Cammerigal

Activity : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.03.19 23:34

Why should this alleged Netflix film/documentary be blocked in the UK?

Sonia Poulton's production wasn't; Gemma O'Doherty's report wasn't; Richard D Hall wasn't; Colin Sutton's opinion wasn't; Mark Saunokonoko's podcast wasn't; the Australian January 2017 documentary wasn't. Indeed there are hundreds if not thousands of videos on YouTube that are very damning to the McCanns but there they remain unchallenged.

It's in the McCann interest for these stories to go viral. They've been doing it since May 2007.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wbl189 09.03.19 5:44

I have now been told by many that it was Netflix themselves who said they were bringing out the documentary and was told to Google it Sad
Wbl189
Wbl189

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 09.03.19 8:26

Cammerigal wrote:Netflix employ geo-blocking, so I could expect it was blocked in the UK due to the legal risks from super injunctions.
However, it is not scheduled here on my Netflix Australia or Netflix USA. it feels like fake news and a part of a plotted game

So in who's interest is it to promote this non story? What advantage do they gain? Always work backwards from this point.

Therefore, let us all take a long hard look at the motives of Tracy Kandahola in placing this piece of fiction in the Murdoch Sun and the prompt 'no comment' response from the Mccon website.
When I had the chat with Netflix they first told me that the doc will not be broadcast in my region(Scandinavia) due to lack of licence but minutes later they told me that no doc/series was produced at all.
eek

NickE

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 10.03.19 18:51

When is Netflix’s Madeleine McCann documentary released?

Caroline Westbrook
Sunday 10 Mar 2019 2:16 pm

The disappearance of is set to come under the spotlight once again with the release of a new documentary about the case.
Madeleine was just three years old when she disappeared from a hotel room in Portugal where she had been holidaying with her younger siblings and parents Kate and Gerry McCann, in 2007.
The ensuing search for her became the highest-profile missing person investigation in history – but despite the involvement of both Portuguese police and , she has never been found and what happened to her on that night remains a mystery.
The film is Netflix’s latest foray into documentaries, following the success of others including Making A Murderer, The Staircase and
Here’s what we know about it so far.

There is no official date for it yet but the film should be released some time in April.
Netflix had been hoping for a 2018 release but the project has reportedly taken longer than expected.
It was originally planned as an eight-part series but sources have now said it might only be a one or two parter instead.
Why has it caused controversy?

The documentary has already been controversial due to the reaction from the McCanns, who have not participated in the film.
They recently released a statement saying that the film could potentially hinder the police investigation into their daughter’s disappearance, which is still active.
‘We are aware that Netflix are planning to screen a documentary in March 2019 about Madeleine’s disappearance,’ the couple said in a statement.
‘The production company told us that they were making the documentary and asked us to participate.
They added: ‘We did not see – and still do not see – how this programme will help the search for Madeleine and, particularly given there is an active police investigation, it could potentially hinder it.’
‘Consequently, our views and preferences are not reflected in the programme. We will not be making any further statements or giving interviews regarding this programme.’
So far a total of £11.75m has been spent on the search for their daughter, which includes an extra £150,000 of fundingwhich was added to the Scotland Yard investigation, known as Operation Grange, in late 2018.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/10/netflixs-madeleine-mccann-documentary-released-can-expect-8879147/
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 10.03.19 18:59

Doug D wrote:When is Netflix’s Madeleine McCann documentary released?

Caroline Westbrook
Sunday 10 Mar 2019 2:16 pm

The disappearance of is set to come under the spotlight once again with the release of a new documentary about the case.
Clearly a bit too difficult for Caroline to insert Madeleine's name in the opening sentence.

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer)

Activity : 41995

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 10.03.19 19:17

All the words in orange letters in the article have vanished when I copied it!

Madeleine McCann, Netflix, Scotland Yard, true crime, Abducted in Plain Sight.

Odd.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Wbl189 10.03.19 19:33

No , I have watched Abducted in Plain Sight and it's a completely different abduction. Horrendous in fact and the parents (as I wrote on my Facebookstatus) is as bad or even worse than the mcCanns .  Yous should watch it. İt's brilliant!
Wbl189
Wbl189

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 10.03.19 19:36

Yeah, I did check after I posted Doug but it was clearly a bit too difficult for me to amend it!

new

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41995

Back to top Go down

Post by Wbl189 10.03.19 19:47

Ahh ok. Still watch it though. A big eye opener
Wbl189
Wbl189

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.03.19 20:33

What?

This threatened Netflix film documentary has been in the pipeline for a long time - it's nothing new.  Rather like the 'Untold Story' that was never to be told because of legal implications and the fact that the case was still being investigated.

skull  This ain't it is it?  Is this the outlet that was so desperately needed to circumvent the law and mainstream media - is this at last the 'Untold Story' ?

Same old same old.

As I say, this Netflix thing has been around for a long time, bit of a coincidence it's suddenly given a schedule date which disappears as fast as it appeared and the McCanns are reported to be all of a tizzy, declining involvement through the media and their 'official' find Madeleine website - only ever updated these days on high days and holiday.  Why didn't they get in a fizz when the project was mentioned a couple of years ago, why wait until it's given a schedule date to get all fizzy.  

Funny that innit - just as the wheels are in motion for another stay of execution for Operation Grange of the broom cupboard fame.

What a load of old codswallop.

Still, in the words of Professor Gerald .... 'one good thing to come out of this is there is so much coming out in the press, no one knows what's true and what isn't' - or words to that effect The McCanns have been toying with our emotions since the beginning of May 2007, we are their playthings to be manipulated like play-doh - and it works every time.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 11.03.19 0:36

Madeleine McCann on Netflix release date: When will the documentary series be released?

NETFLIX is set to be releasing a brand new true crime documentary series about British girl Madeleine McCann, who went missing in 2007 while on holiday in Portugal with her family.

By Neela Debnath
PUBLISHED: 14:49, Tue, Apr 10, 2018

The Madeleine McCann documentary series is yet to get a release date from and title from Netflix.

There are set to be eight episodes in the new documentary series, which comes a year after the one-off Amanda Knox special.

Reports about the upcoming documentary series started circulating last year.

The series will feature interviews with investigators and key figures in the case.

However, Gerry and Kate McCann will not be in the upcoming programme on the streaming giant.

The couple reportedly declined to take part in the series because of the Metropolitan Police’s ongoing investigation - Operation Grange - into their daughter’s disappearance, according to the MailOnline.

Madeleine’s parents have vowed to never give up in the search for their eldest child.

It’s likely that all episodes of the Madeleine McCann documentary will be dropped in one go, much like most other Netflix Originals.

The programme will be trying to piece together the case with audiences trying to figure out the case.

Following on from the success of Making A Murderer, the true crime genre has seen a growth in popularity.

Netflix has tapped into this demand for more true crime and real-life documentary series with the release of The Keepers, Wild, Wild Country and the previously mentioned Amanda Knox.

What will the Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary be about?

The Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary will focus on the child’s disappearance from the hotel apartment on the resort of Praia da Luz in Portugal.

So far over £11 million is thought to have been spent on the investigation into Madeleine’s case.

The three-year-old went missing from her hotel room while sleeping near her younger twin siblings while her parents were at dinner nearby.

The documentary series is just one of a number that have explored the case.

The Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary is yet to get a release date

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/944061/Madeleine-McCann-Netflix-release-date-documentary-series

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannz 11.03.19 12:07

B
Verdi wrote:
The drama/documentary has now been removed from the schedule, I have my doubts that it was ever in the production stage.  
 This from trade journal ‘Broadcast’ 6 June 2018:
https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/factual/svod-services-court-doc-makers/5129911.article

Emma Cooper, global president of non-fiction for Vice Media-backed Pulse Films, is currently producing an eight-part series about missing girl Madeleine McCann for Netflix.
She warned that it is vital for film-makers who are venturing into drama to maintain the authenticity of their projects and said she “worries terribly about misconstruing something” for the sake of drama.
“We are doing a drama recreation shoot at the moment for a Netflix series and I’m obsessing about making sure everything being done to heighten the story is something I can stand by when it goes out,” she said.
“It’s exciting that doc-makers are getting into this world and making these stories because we’re not going to bullshit. We will put our own vision on it, but we won’t do something that’s untrue.”

This clearly indicates that this was at the production stage. I doubt Netflix would write off their investment. It is possible however that this is delayed while lawyers are reviewing and determining any changes that might be needed, with possible additional photography and editing needed (and wrangling over who will pay for that which may take the most time to sort out).
Dannz
Dannz

Activity : 173

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainline 11.03.19 12:54

Just spoke to Pulse Films London office, and was told they are not able to comment on it, I should contact someone at Netflix. He was only able to confirm that it 'was something we are involved in' (exact words).
Mainline
Mainline

Activity : 307

https://h42a.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannz 11.03.19 14:36

‘We are aware that Netflix are planning to screen a documentary in March 2019 about Madeleine’s disappearance,’ the couple said in a statement.

The documentary was originally set for release last year. However, it was delayed to 2019 as it was decided it wasn’t ready to be viewed by the public.

There is no official date for it yet but the film should be released some time in April. Netflix had been hoping for a 2018 release but the project has reportedly taken longer than expected. It was originally planned as an eight-part series but sources have now said it might only be a one or two parter instead.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/10/netflixs-madeleine-mccann-documentary-released-can-expect-8879147/?ito=cbshare

That kind of overrun in release is very exceptional.

It sounds like the footage on the edit room floor will be much more interesting than the version which will be released once it is 'ready to be viewed by the public'.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/10/netflixs-madeleine-mccann-documentary-released-can-expect-8879147/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
Dannz
Dannz

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 11.03.19 15:43

Mainline wrote:Just spoke to Pulse Films London office, and was told they are not able to comment on it, I should contact someone at Netflix. He was only able to confirm that it 'was something we are involved in' (exact words).
And Netflix gave me different explanations.
Maybe I'am wrong but it feel's there something fishy here.

NickE

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 11.03.19 16:04

Thanks Dannz

"It sounds like the footage on the edit room floor will be much more interesting than the version which will be released once it is 'ready to be viewed by the public'."

TV land is a strange place.  Something trailed as being an eight parter now being a two???   Everything is planned weeks, months and inn most cases years in advance.

Would rather see what was on the cutting room floor if that's the case
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainline 11.03.19 16:09

NickE wrote:
Mainline wrote:Just spoke to Pulse Films London office, and was told they are not able to comment on it, I should contact someone at Netflix. He was only able to confirm that it 'was something we are involved in' (exact words).
And Netflix gave me different explanations.
Maybe I'am wrong but it feel's there something fishy here.
Just had a similarly unhelpful chat very much along the same lines:

Your issue is:   Seeking to find whether a documentary is real  

You are now chatting with: Jamaicah

Netflix  Jamaicah

Hi there! You got through Netflix Chat Support. Let me help you with your inquiry. To locate the right account, may I have your name and email please?

You  

Hello, are you able to verify whether the Madeleine McCann documentary is real or left production phase? It has been removed from netflix upcoming and the studio (Pulse films) said they are unable to comment on it. I'm not a member presently.

Netflix  Jamaicah

I do apologize but at this point, all we can confirm is that upon checking the content library, there is no such documentaries currently available. At this point, to see the latest Netflix news, please Click Here to see links for our official social media websites.

You  

Its been reported that it is being released either this week or mid April. Is there any way of seeing if it's upcoming?

Netflix  Jamaicah

There is no indications of such on our end. That is why we provided the links to our social media sites as they will provide the release dates once we are able to secure the show

You  

It's not on the list on the page you gave me

You  

Ok. So its not possible to say it's upcoming, is there any way to verify it exists?

Netflix  Jamaicah

Not on our end, I do apologize

You  

Do you know who I can contact to find out? Pulse told me to contact Katherine Sullivan at Netflix, but she hasnt responded to my email

Netflix  Jamaicah

I really do apologize but we do not have such contact information on the customer service platform. The most we can offer is our social media sites as any announcements for any upcoming shows will be surely posted there

You  

That's fair enough. Thanks for the help.

So, Pulse films wont comment on it beyond acknowledging their previous involvement, and Netflix can't confirm if it even exists. Fishy indeed.
Mainline
Mainline

Activity : 307

https://h42a.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannz 11.03.19 16:29

@Mainline

Do you know what Katherine Sullivan's role is at Netflix?  If Pulse Films referred you to her, that would be worth pursuing. 

The response from customer services wasn't helpful but didn't get very far as he probably could only see what is currently listed.
Dannz
Dannz

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top