The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Leonor Cipriano jailed for killing ‘tragic Joana’ released “to get on with life” Mm11

Leonor Cipriano jailed for killing ‘tragic Joana’ released “to get on with life” Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Leonor Cipriano jailed for killing ‘tragic Joana’ released “to get on with life” Mm11

Leonor Cipriano jailed for killing ‘tragic Joana’ released “to get on with life” Regist10

Leonor Cipriano jailed for killing ‘tragic Joana’ released “to get on with life”

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leonor Cipriano jailed for killing ‘tragic Joana’ released “to get on with life” Empty Leonor Cipriano jailed for killing ‘tragic Joana’ released “to get on with life”

Post by Jill Havern 08.02.19 10:14

Mother jailed for killing ‘tragic Joana’ released “to get on with life”

Leonor Cipriano jailed for killing ‘tragic Joana’ released “to get on with life” Tvi-leonor-cipriano-o36dzc930bqov7kevjjgshfvpqcoiz6spk4kmgq5cw
Leonor Cipriano – the Algarve mother jailed in 2006 for the murder of her eight year old daughter Joana – has been released after serving five-sixths of her sentence.

Talking to TVI24 at the gates of Odemira jail this morning, she said she was leaving with her head held high.
“I am going to work. I have a little job. I don’t need to say anymore”.

But the questions remain. What really happened to tragic Joana whose body has never been found?

Leonor and her now estranged brother João admitted in court that they had killed the little girl at her home in Figueira, midway between Portimão and Mexilhoeira Grande.

João claims to have cut up her body and hidden it in a chest freezer. The child’s remains were later ‘fed to the pigs’.

“I didn’t hurt her, I just killed her”, João told the court which originally passed sentences on him of 19 years and two months, and on Leonor of 20 years and four months.

The prosecution’s case was based on the theory that Leonor and João were engaged in an incestuous relationship – and that they killed Joana for having walked in on them both in bed.

But there have always been those that doubted the story – neighbours particularly. And now Leonor has once again insisted that she had nothing to do with her daughter’s disappearance, least of all her death.

In the mists of this morning in the Alentejo she answered the question “what happened that night when Joana left to go shopping ?” with “she left and never came home. Anyone who says she came home is lying”.

Leonor claims the only reason she admitted to having killed the little girl was because she was tortured by agents of the investigating PJ police.

“They tortured me so much, they left me black and blue from so much punching that I reached the point where I didn’t know what I was saying…”

This too is a sore point in the case: PJ inspectors Gonçalo Amaral and António Nunes Cardoso were given suspended jail sentences for profering false testimonies over the beating.

The condemnation was used liberally to discredit Amaral when he later went on to coordinate the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

But back to Joana, and fact that a body has never been found. Leonor told TVI this morning: “I was condemned without proof. I did not kill my daughter I would never have hurt her”.

Even more, she claims that she “will go everywhere” she can to look for Joana, who would now be 22 years old.
natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

https://www.portugalresident.com/2019/02/07/mother-jailed-for-killing-tragic-joana-released-to-get-on-with-life/

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer)

Activity : 42000

Back to top Go down

Leonor Cipriano jailed for killing ‘tragic Joana’ released “to get on with life” Empty Re: Leonor Cipriano jailed for killing ‘tragic Joana’ released “to get on with life”

Post by Jill Havern 08.02.19 10:30

Why is this woman not in jail for life?
Child killers get away lightly don't they?

Even the pigs she fed her daughter to would be dead by now so don't bother yourself looking for her Leonor.

At least kate and gerry will know they won't be in jail for too long when their time comes for what they did to Maddie.

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Leonor Cipriano jailed for killing ‘tragic Joana’ released “to get on with life” Empty Re: Leonor Cipriano jailed for killing ‘tragic Joana’ released “to get on with life”

Post by PeterMac 08.02.19 11:47

So she denies it, but he admits it ?
Is he out as well ?
She got an extra 7 years for perjury over the allegation of being beaten up, so he may have been out for some time, since he told the truth.
Did she ever Appeal, against either conviction or sentence ?
Anyway it was only a child, and if she came to harm "why would that be their fault ?", as someone else once said
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16603

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.02.19 12:00

This too is a sore point in the case: PJ inspectors Gonçalo Amaral and António Nunes Cardoso were given suspended jail sentences for profering false testimonies over the beating.

The condemnation was used liberally to discredit Amaral when he later went on to coordinate the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

I foresee liberal use of the above in certain quarters think.

Perhaps they could use this when their case is presented before the European Court of Human Rights next millennium.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 08.02.19 12:40

I don't know what to think about this report. I could take a stab/knee jerk reaction/speculative stance of course.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13385

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 08.02.19 13:27

aquila wrote:I don't know what to think about this report.

I wonder if a certain couple will be "buoyed" by the knowledge that the Portuguese legal system obviously doesn't take offences involving the deaths of children terrible seriously ?
Or dismayed by the realisation that whilst the murder, dismemberment, and disposal of the remains of a child attracted a sentence of only 19 years, the sentence for Perjury is more than a third of that.  7 years.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.02.19 15:01

Even more, she claims that she “will go everywhere” she can to look for Joana, who would now be 22 years old.

Déjà vu?

A consummate purveyor of renowned good quality porky pies.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 08.02.19 17:11

Perhaps she should start looking for a "Hellish Lair" in the "Lawless Hinterlands" so beloved of the McCann's private defectives.
On second thoughts - she is Portuguese, so knows it is xenophobic gibberish
She should start with a Trip to The Vatican't, and then try Morocco.
Failing that, there is a South African charlatan with an "idiot detector".
But again, she is probably too intelligent to be taken in by that lunacy.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 08.02.19 18:51

Jill Havern wrote:Why is this woman not in jail for life?
Child killers get away lightly don't they?

Even the pigs she fed her daughter to would be dead by now so don't bother yourself looking for her Leonor.

At least kate and gerry will know they won't be in jail for too long when their time comes for what they did to Maddie.
Because the Portuguese penal code states 25 years is maximum for murder and it doesn't matter if you kill one or 5.

Min 8 years and maximum 25 years for homicide.
Min 6 months and maximum 3 years for manslaughter, if caused by negligence, the penalty the prison term is of 6 months to 5 years.

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 08.02.19 19:07

I'm no Psychic but I see a new book coming out soon, probably serialised in that so called newspaper that we know as The Sun.  

Go on Tracey, do your worst.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11207

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 08.02.19 20:26

She's probably typing it up as we speak Sharon.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 09.02.19 8:12

Let us never forget that Cipriano was found GUILTY of Perjury in relation to the allegation of having been beaten by three police officers.
The officers were acquitted.
Cipriano had 7 MONTHS added to her sentence for making the totally FALSE allegation.

https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/04/leonor-cipriano-condemned-to-seven-more.html

NOTE:
Leonor Cipriano had already confessed to her crimes on October 13 2004, and was accompanied by her lawyer at the time, Célia Costa, during the questioning before the alleged aggressions on October 14 2004 took place.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roidininki 09.02.19 11:25

PeterMac wrote:Let us never forget that Cipriano was found GUILTY of Perjury in relation to the allegation of having been beaten by three police officers.
The officers were acquitted.
Cipriano had 7 YEARS added to her sentence for making the totally FALSE allegation.

https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/04/leonor-cipriano-condemned-to-seven-more.html

]
Seven MONTHS ,not years ?
Roidininki
Roidininki

Activity : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 09.02.19 11:48

Thank you. My mistake.  Original now amended.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 09.02.19 12:02

Whatever the consequences, the case of Cipriano was certainly used to lighten the burden of guilt carried by the McCann duo and to further their careers on the social ladder of wealth and fame.

Making sure to take down the police chief with their upward ambition.

So here we go again .... I sense another ECHR thrust coming on.

The name McCann should have been left out of this report, they've got sod all to do with Leonor Cipriano. 

Leonor Cipriono nor her partner in crime nor Snr Amaral are responsible for the situation Madeleine finds herself in.  That is the sole responsibility of the parents, Gerry and Kate McCann.

Lest they forget!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top