The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Jeremy Corbyn's Momentum supporters (35% of them) are more likely than UKIP supporters (26%) to believe 'Madeleine McCann conspiracy theories'   Mm11

Jeremy Corbyn's Momentum supporters (35% of them) are more likely than UKIP supporters (26%) to believe 'Madeleine McCann conspiracy theories'   Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Jeremy Corbyn's Momentum supporters (35% of them) are more likely than UKIP supporters (26%) to believe 'Madeleine McCann conspiracy theories'   Mm11

Jeremy Corbyn's Momentum supporters (35% of them) are more likely than UKIP supporters (26%) to believe 'Madeleine McCann conspiracy theories'   Regist10

Jeremy Corbyn's Momentum supporters (35% of them) are more likely than UKIP supporters (26%) to believe 'Madeleine McCann conspiracy theories'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jeremy Corbyn's Momentum supporters (35% of them) are more likely than UKIP supporters (26%) to believe 'Madeleine McCann conspiracy theories'   Empty Jeremy Corbyn's Momentum supporters (35% of them) are more likely than UKIP supporters (26%) to believe 'Madeleine McCann conspiracy theories'

Post by Tony Bennett 01.12.17 21:55

Report in the IB Times (International Business Times):

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brexit-voters-britain-first-supporters-are-more-likely-believe-conspiracy-theories-1649106

One of the astonishing things from our point of view is the scale of belief in 'Madeleine McCann conspiracy theories'.

Taking an average, it looks like between a quarter (25%) to a third (33%) of the population of Britain believe Madeleine McCann conspiracy theories.

There are about 42 million adults in Britain.

So it looks like about 10.5 to 14 million of us are officially 'McCann-sceptics'!

-----

Isabelle McFadden gets an honourable mention, a nod to her tireless tweeting no doubt, which is read - and spread - by many.

The writer of the article, Josh Robbins, tried to bait Richard D Hall a few months back over his Madeleine films. Richard was havng none of it and saw him off.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Corbyn's Momentum supporters (35% of them) are more likely than UKIP supporters (26%) to believe 'Madeleine McCann conspiracy theories'   Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn's Momentum supporters (35% of them) are more likely than UKIP supporters (26%) to believe 'Madeleine McCann conspiracy theories'

Post by sharonl 01.12.17 22:02

thinking I don't think that I know of anyone who actually believes that Madeleine was abducted.

Where do these stats come from? Not everyone in the UK has had a chance to vote on this, I am sure there are many more people who disbelieve the McCanns. If not, where are the supporters and the donors?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Corbyn's Momentum supporters (35% of them) are more likely than UKIP supporters (26%) to believe 'Madeleine McCann conspiracy theories'   Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn's Momentum supporters (35% of them) are more likely than UKIP supporters (26%) to believe 'Madeleine McCann conspiracy theories'

Post by MRNOODLES 01.12.17 22:09

Repeat after me folks.

"We're not conspiracy theorists, we're conspiracy analysts".
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.12.17 1:28

'There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics.'

Attributed to Benjamin Disraeli and he should know - he was a politician!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.12.17 7:20

MRNOODLES wrote:Repeat after me folks.

I like it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 02.12.17 9:37

BlueBag wrote:

I like it.
+1

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 03.12.17 11:36

It's the old 'all conspiracy theorists are paranoid nutters' mantra again but this time they are 'right wing' 'extremists' too.

They talk about black and white thinking but they're engaging in it themselves when they automatically presume interest in conspiracy theories means every area of interest that person has must also be irrational and false.

Britain first are abhorrent to me but that doesn't mean it's members can never be right about anything.  

Large swathes of the public are apathetic and only read what is spoon fed to them by the media....so the people that actually don't trust mainstream news and are classed as 'conspiracy theorists', are the ones that have seen more balanced information on the McCann case...because they got off their arses and looked for it.

Most people would doubt the official version if G. Amaral's book had been serialised in the Sun or Mail, that kind of endorsement would automatically make the accidental death theory mainstream. Hence the focus on stopping distribution.

We can't have people not believing the news though can we? As we know that version of events is the only correct one. we need to be good little sheep and ridicule people and label them as 'weirdos' for thinking for themselves.

Why is the definition of conspiracy made to sound like an irrational belief in a group of people , conspiracy is also :  the action of plotting or conspiring, intrigue, collusion, somebody definitely conspired to make a little girl disappear in this case. That's stating the obvious, not a 'theory'.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 03.12.17 13:37

Please excuse me, but are there any 'conspiracy theories' in relation to Madeleine McCann? It's hardly stretching realitya to conclude that her parents are responsible for her disappearance.
The papers, as usual, are free to write any trash they wish, I'm not a conspiracy theorist for not endorsing it.
Choosing to follow the conclusions of the investigating force at the time, namely that there was insufficient evidence to charge the McCanns with neglect and concealment of a cadaver, is the most logical course of action and the one I'll be sticking with.

ETA: were all those who did not believe the Philpott's or Karen Matthews initial appeals conspiracy theorists too? Just because something is presented a certain way on television, does not mean it is factual or even anywhere near what actually happened.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 03.12.17 14:56

plebgate wrote:
BlueBag wrote:

I like it.
+1

I have to admit it's not mine. Something I viewed on a youtube channel. A response to, when you're called conspiracy theorist in a derogatory way. And it can be applied to a number of instances and MM case is a good example.

MM is missing, therefore some sort of conspiracy has occurred. We're all just analysing the events put forward. Rather than taking everything we're told as fact without looking into it ourselves.

A conspiracy analyst.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 03.12.17 15:13

Any crime that involves planning also involves conspiracy. Someone conspired to make Madeline disappear.

I don't even get offended by the term 'conspiracy theorist' because some of them turn out to be true.  Shady goings on in the government and security services is something they want to associate with the more wacky theories to discredit the important ones.

A crime where someone actually disappeared and is not on the same level as something like the 'Planet Nibiru' theory or famous people being replaced by clones....those 'theories' annoy me greatly because they don't have any factual basis whatsoever.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.12.17 17:46

"Conspiracy Theorist".

Label invented in the 1960s by intelligence services to pin on people who ask awkward questions and think the Government can't be trusted with the truth about the Kennedy assassination.

Label invented to shutdown discussion much like any label that has "denier" in it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum