The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Sea Bass and cadaverine Mm11

Sea Bass and cadaverine Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Sea Bass and cadaverine Mm11

Sea Bass and cadaverine Regist10

Sea Bass and cadaverine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sea Bass and cadaverine Empty Sea Bass and cadaverine

Post by Guest 28.09.10 13:51

Gerry McCann's blog: "Sean subsequently developed a taste for Sea Bass which can produce cadaverine under some circumstances

Does anyone know where this quote has come from?

This is the blog on Pamalams site

Day 36 - 8/62007 -Friday

Quieter day today. This was a good chance to catch up with campaign e-mails and phone calls after the trips to Berlin and Amsterdam. At lunchtime we went to the release of 1000 yellow balloons at the beach carrying cards with Madeleine’s picture on it and information in 5 different languages including arabic. There were similar launches in Manchester and Madrid. The event was organsied by the Sun who, like almost all of the media, have been incredibly supportive. I told Nick, the Sun journalist, that we are happy to support all strategies which increase the chances of finding Madeleine. Later in the afternoon we went down to the beach and had dinner in one of the restaurants which Sean and Amelie really enjoyed. Sean, in particular has acquired a taste for sea-bass! Kate and I did a short interview for BBC East Midlands to thank everyone for their support and it is likely that this will be shown around most of the regions, certainly Northwest and BBC Scotland. Kate and most of the family headed down to the church for the regular Friday night vigil but I was just too shattered. Tommorrow will largely be a family day although I am not sure what we will be doing yet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sea Bass and cadaverine Empty Re: Sea Bass and cadaverine

Post by Jill Havern 28.09.10 14:15

I've got this quote on my blog and if you click on the picture of the seabass you're taken to the source which is this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But it no longer exists.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41577

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.10 14:26

jkh wrote:I've got this quote on my blog and if you click on the picture of the seabass you're taken to the source which is this:

But it no longer exists.

I must be blind Jill, can't find a picture doh. So was this originally in the blog and changed then? Brilliant website by the way, haven't been on it for ages thumbsup Will have a good read later
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang 28.09.10 16:11

There is of course also Sebastien Chabal aka Sebas (sea bass) and The Anaesthetist, whom is a back row player for Sale Sharks.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.
kangdang
kangdang

Activity : 1845

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 28.09.10 16:20

Chabal sounds fearsome. Here is an extraordinary piece of writing from The Sun, with the headline, 'French Monster Eats Babies.'

Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.10 16:20

How interesting kangdang. Never hear that before.

Just googled him

By PHIL THOMAS

Published: 11 Oct 2007
Add a comment (5)
LOCK up your children! This is the picture which proves just what England will be up against when they come face to face with France on Saturday!

Meet wrecking ball Sebastien Chabal, the man who's been called everything from The Anaesthetist to The Caveman.

If this picture - an artistic impression by a top French photographer - is anything to go by England's brave rugby warriors will be in for one hell of a fight.

At 6ft 3in and 17st, topped by a mane of jet-black hair, the bearded Chabal is one of world rugby's most fearsome figures.

But his awesome physique wasn't quite as intimidating when he was still a young hopeful.

At the time Chabal was establishing a reputation as one of the best rookie talents in the game.

Unfortunately he was also earning a similar one as a hard-drinking, fast-living wild man in serious danger of going off the rails.

It took a dressing down from his Bourgoin coach Philippe Saint-Andre - now his boss at Sale Sharks - to bring the youngster to his senses.

Chabal, 29, is now the biggest hero in French rugby, even though he starts most of his games from the bench - as he will in the World Cup semi-final against England.

Saint-Andre, a former French skipper, still remembers the day he told the French giant he was in serious danger of blowing everything.

He revealed: "I know Sebastien really well, like the end of my fingers, and how to manage him and he has grown up a lot over the years.

"When I first coached him at Bourgoin, he didn't live a particularly good life. He was eating crazy things, drinking more than he should and liked to go out a lot.

"I said to him once 'You have the potential to be one of the best players in the world but it is all in your hands. You can stay like you are and regret what you've missed out on for the rest of your life or be professional and make the most of it'.

"I told him that if he listened to my advice from my experience, he really could become something special - and he has.

"He listened when I said that having the talent alone was not enough, he had to be more professional with his training and work really hard. He also met his future wife, then moved to Sale and has been really focused ever since. He comes in, trains, plays and goes back home to his family. He's certainly not a showman in the slightest."

English fans got their first glimpse of Chabal in the flesh when he starred for Bourgoin in a Heineken Cup clash with Sale five years ago.

Jason Robinson certainly remembers the man now known as Seabass by his Sharks team-mates, as he nearly cut the England superstar in half with one fearsome tackle.

Advertisement

So, too, will current Sale captain Dean Schofield, the 6ft 5in, 19st giant hammered by another hit.

Jos Baxendell, now the club's backs coach, was on the field that day and still feels guilty at his part in Schofield's pounding.

Baxendell revealed: "I knew nothing about him, no one in England did. Well we did afterwards.

"The French always had some random nutter but Seabass stuck out particularly! He didn't have the long hair or beard then, just a big tattoo on his leg, at a time when no one really had them.

"That tackle he made on Schoey was the biggest hit he'd ever had. I gave him a short ball because we knew he'd always hit the gain line, but he was knocked back about five yards. There were a few looks around the side after that and I felt guilty at giving him a hospital pass."

Saint-Andre took over Sale three years ago - and wasted no time in making Chabal his first signing.

He is such a hero that the club are currently on their third reprint of Chabal Caveman T-shirts, after selling a staggering 20,000 to 20 different countries since May.

Saint-Andre - on the shortlist to replace Bernard Laporte when the French coach becomes Minister of Sport after the World Cup - has the thankless job of rollicking his star.

Director of Rugby Saint-Andre revealed: "I wouldn't say he's easy to manage but I've known him for five or six years and he needs to respect the person - if not he hits them!

"Seriously, he is a typical French guy, very happy one day and grumpy the next. Of course he doesn't like a telling off but he does prefer honesty and takes in what you tell him.

"Last year he was not playing well so I put him on the bench for two weeks. He came back into the side and was the best player on the field.

"Once I explained my reasons he was fine. All the players realise if you are in my team it's because you deserve to be, not because you have a big reputation - and he deserves to be."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't Brian Kennedy own Sale Sharks? So was this a message for him to get in touch.................. thinking

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 28.09.10 16:49

candyfloss wrote ............. 'Didn't Brian Kennedy own Sale Sharks? So was this a message for him to get in touch..................'

Not necessarily for him to get in touch, because he was probably already 'in touch' as it were. It may have been some sort of coded communication though.

Indeed, there were days when McCann's dreadful blogs seemed to be stuffed and piped to the point of bursting with little codes and secret messages. Who knows? Maybe he was using his blog in much the same way as trauma victims find an outlet when taking creative writing classes.

A way in which he could deal with the fact that the situation he had found himself in, was as a direct result of the situation that Madeleine found herself in. After all, why would that situation be his fault?

Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon 13.10.13 14:44

Sea Bass apparently does not produce cadaverine until at least 9 days of storage. Who keeps fish for 9 days?

Food Microbiology [2004, 21(5):549-557]
Type: Journal Article
DOI: 10.1016/j.fm.2003.11.009 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AbstractHighlight Terms [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gene Ontology(1) Species(4) Chemicals(9)
The effect of gutting and filleting on the formation of biogenic amines and its relation to microbiological and sensory attributes in ice-stored sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax) was studied. Pseudomonads, H2S-producing bacteria, Brochothrix thermosphacta and to a lesser extent Enterobacteriaceae were the dominant micro-organisms in whole, gutted and filleted sea bass. Higher populations (P<0.05) of these micro-organisms were present in filleted sea bass as compared to gutted and whole fish samples. Seven biogenic amines namely: putrescine, cadaverine, spermidine, tyramine, tryptamine, spermine and histamine were determined in fish samples. Putrescine was the main biogenic amine formed. Its highest value (23.86 mg/kg) was recorded in filleted sea bass on day 16 of storage. Respective putrescine values for gutted and whole sea bass were 12.64 and 3.12 mg/kg (day 16). Putrescine levels of whole, gutted and filleted sea bass showed a steep increase between days 11 and 16 of storage when respective population of Pseudomonads reached approximately 10⁶-10⁷ (whole), 10⁷-10⁸ (gutted) and 10⁸-10⁹ (filleted) cfu/g. Cadaverine was not detected before day 9 in whole and gutted sea bass samples and before day 11 in filleted samples. Surprisingly, for whole sea bass a maximum value of cadaverine (6.47 mg/kg) was recorded on the final day of storage (day 16), whereas respective levels for gutted and filleted samples levels were lower (1.19 and 0.58 mg/kg). Almost simultaneous production of tryptamine and tyramine was observed in whole, gutted and filleted sea bass samples throughout the entire storage period in ice. Spermine and spermidine showed a decreasing pattern with increasing storage and were undetectable in whole and gutted sea bass samples between day 13 and 16 of storage. Finally, no histamine was present in both whole and gutted sea bass, whereas interestingly, for filleted sea bass samples, levels of histamine increased after day 9 of storage but remained low (<3 mg/kg) throughout the entire storage period. During this period Enterobacteriaceae counts remained below or in the vicinity of 10⁶ cfu/g. Based on sensory data, after 8-9 days for both the gutted and the filleted sea bass samples (time for development of initial off-flavors), putrescine values between 3.63 and 4.05 mg/kg were recorded. This range of values may possibly be proposed as the upper limit for spoilage initiation for the gutted and filleted sea bass. This does not hold for whole sea bass which became sensorily unacceptable after 15-16 days of storage at a putrsecine content of 3.12 mg/kg. Development of initial off-flavors occurred when total viable counts were between 10⁷ and 10⁸ cfu/g.

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon
whmon

Activity : 545

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 13.10.13 14:51

whmon

Good point -  we could have discuss how unhygienic Doctors are.

Only one toothbrush.

Perhaps they really did have trouble with a freezer?

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 13.10.13 15:04

8/6/07. First mention of sea bass

10/6/07 Sunday  Phone call between GM and poss. O'Brien which is later linked to a disused barn some 24 km from PdL.
The PJ are told by GM that it was a call across a distance of a few km. PJ do not find it to be the case. 
This is the day they fly to Morocco. When they return they tell the press they need time to grieve. 
The barn - fibres and other forensic material found partly relating to findings in the hire car. 
It's not clear when this location was searched, the information was released around Oct-Nov 2007.

The above is from memory, but can easily be checked.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum