The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Comment taken from one of Natasha Donn's articles in the Portugal Resident Mm11

Comment taken from one of Natasha Donn's articles in the Portugal Resident Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Comment taken from one of Natasha Donn's articles in the Portugal Resident Mm11

Comment taken from one of Natasha Donn's articles in the Portugal Resident Regist10

Comment taken from one of Natasha Donn's articles in the Portugal Resident

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Comment taken from one of Natasha Donn's articles in the Portugal Resident Empty Comment taken from one of Natasha Donn's articles in the Portugal Resident

Post by Jill Havern 06.10.17 14:05

Courtesy of PeterMac:
Things keep turning up.
I have listened to this several times and it seems clear that it was not a cough or sputter or hesitation, but a deliberate “electronic interception”
Why ?

Hello Natasha

A small yet disproportionally potent observation:

On the morning of Friday May 4, 2007, either SKY News accomplished the impossible by editing a verbal live link in real time or the circumstances attending their report of the McCann case were not quite as represented to the viewing public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jza8UkHS4fA

Scroll through to 1:30 and you will see/hear Julie Etchingham introduce journalist Dan Mason speaking from the Algarve. Once Mason begins to speak, however, it is not in conversation but a monologue. At 1:48, the time he gives for the disappearance being first reported is 'bleeped' - deleted in other words.

Why should SKY have been concerned not to divulge this aspect of Mason's account, I wonder? And how did they know to record his transmission for later (edited) broadcast?

Kind regards

Martin R.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41842

Back to top Go down

Comment taken from one of Natasha Donn's articles in the Portugal Resident Empty Re: Comment taken from one of Natasha Donn's articles in the Portugal Resident

Post by nglfi 06.10.17 14:28

So according to someone on the scene who had the most direct and immediate information available at the time, she was sometimes called Maddie? Interesting.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Comment taken from one of Natasha Donn's articles in the Portugal Resident Empty Re: Comment taken from one of Natasha Donn's articles in the Portugal Resident

Post by Guest 06.10.17 14:33

Another great find from Martin.

Why does Dan Mason make a point of telling us he doesn't know the family - who asked and why would anyone assume he does? He was introduced as 'a journalist who works in that area' so noone would've made assumptions that he personally knew tourists.

The monologue fashion of speaking is also interesting, because it suggests a preprepared statement (script), or a recording. If it's a recording then it would've been an mp3 file or similar, in which case there would be literally no reason for interference.

Useful that he had the 'basic' facts prepared for SKY at 0829 on the 4th. Even if Kate later selectively doesnt agree that she's called Maddie, and the exact 'PM' time is seemingly occulted from the broadcast.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 06.10.17 14:36

Why did he also say 4.00 yesterday? When it was 4.00 this morning?
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 06.10.17 16:45

What can we deduce from this?

First, SKY News tells us as a fact that Don Mason was the 'local reporter for SKY'.  I am not sure we can accept that as a fact. Where was he based? Did SKY keep a permanent reporter in Portugal? On the Algarve? If so, how did he get to Praia da Luz so quickly? In fact, when did he get there? Or could he already have been staying overnight in Praia da Luz, ready to file his report? 

Second, the report clearly must have been filed before we hear Dan Mason's voice, and, yes, if we believe our ears, the time was bleeped out. So, Mason recorded the message so as to appear as if he was just answering the news reporter's question (this in itself is I believe not unusual).

Third, there must have been a specific reason for bleeping out the time? I would hypothesise that SKY was ordered by someone to bleep out the time. Possibly Mason dictated his message, someone else listened to it before it was broadcast, and somebody or other said: 'BLEEP OUT THE TIME'.

Fourth, as has been pointed out by April28th, he had no need whatsoever to say he didn't know the family. Per Peter Hyatt, that would suggest that he either DID know the family or that someone who knew the family well gave him the details.

Fifth, he sounds very nervous. Why?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by G-Unit 06.10.17 20:16

Dan Mason seems to have worked for regional newspapers and by 2008 was East London Managing Editor for Newsquest, although he seems to have been Midlands-based at some point. 
https://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/2007/news/editor-will-miss-the-team-spirit-at-weekly/
http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/newsquest-axes-sub-editors-in-london-as-reporters-are-given-up-to-31-point-job-description/

I can find no connection to Sky. He does training now;
http://www.thomsonfoundation.org/network/experts/dan-mason/

Early reports gave an earlier time for the disappearance. The emphasis was on how they immediately reported it;

at around, errr... quarter-to-ten last night, errm... her mother, errr... Kate McCann, discovered her daughter wasn't there; the.. the window and the doors, errr... to the apartment were wide open and she immediately, errr... alerted, errr... the police there.
Radio 4 Today 8.45 4th May
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id121.htm#22

A Foreign Office spokesman said that he understood the girl's parents had gone to have dinner once their children were asleep last night, but returned to check on them only to find the girl had gone missing

"They reported it straight away," he said
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/1may7/Telegraph_04_05_07.htm

BBC 4th May
Kate and Gerry McCann returned at about 2145 GMT to find an empty bed and the apartment door and window wide open.......Madeleine was reported missing at about 2200 BST on Thursday and tourists joined the police in an all-night search.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id121.htm#25

Times 5th May
Police were called at 10.20pm as Madeleine's parents became increasingly anxious.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/1may7/05-05-07-Times-Transcript.htm
G-Unit
G-Unit

Activity : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 06.10.17 21:56

A couple of observations from my email contacts:

And not just Dan Mason, Julie Etchingham herself is having a Matthew Oldifield moment there.  Notice how she says that the McCanns returned to check that she (Madeleine) was OK and then quickly corrects herself to say that they returned to check that “the children” were OK.  Around 1:17

Sky News must have been aware that this story was going to break and were probably waiting for Kates’ Oscar winning performance on the evening of May 3rd so that they could cash in on it.
-----------

What a very good spot.

We also saw the rapid emergence of this story that morning because we know that Jon Clarke of The Olive Press must have been summoned before about 7am (probably earlier) in order to reach Praia da Luz (as he claimed)  'in the morning'.

It is all yet one more evidence of advance planning. The government and MI5 must have had their men in key media positions.
-----------

And let’s not forget that very early “Missing Madeleine” entry on Jim Gambles CEOP website that was shown up by the wayback machine.

They must have all been well aware that Madeleine was gone long before May 3rd

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 07.10.17 22:22

Even the first Sky report in the above video seems to have been edited, which is odd as it was supposed to be live. The first breaking news shown is timed at 7 48 a.m. In this first report at 14 seconds the newsreader says 

" ....We will try to get to get as much"...

then there is a garbled word/words which are indecipherable, a cut to a map, then

"For you as soon as we can"

How did this occur on live T.V. or are my ears deceiving me? It sounds like a deliberate cut?
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 08.10.17 11:58

Courtesy of Richard D. Hall

He states,

"I've just been down AGAIN, this morning"

This suggests to me he was there also before the morning, ie on the night.

He says "All I basically know is ..."

I translate that as - "What I have been told to say is ..."

I would say he is closely connected to the cover up operation. He is
either part of the cover up operation or is in contact with those who are running the cover up and have told him what to say. I think he has
"guilty knowledge" of the cover up. He is nervous.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top