The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Looking into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the agenda behind it Mm11

Looking into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the agenda behind it Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Looking into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the agenda behind it Mm11

Looking into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the agenda behind it Regist10

Looking into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the agenda behind it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the agenda behind it Empty Looking into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the agenda behind it

Post by Jill Havern 28.07.17 15:45

Posted by Andy Hopkins on CMOMM facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/JillHavernCompleteMysteryofMadeleineMcCann/permalink/1969491943295289/

Looking into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the agenda behind it 18582410_10212945195765961_5557408567630870071_n

Andy Hopkins
3 hrs

All of the following is based on my opinions and experiences during my short time looking into Madeleine’s disappearance and the agenda behind it.

Brexit and its referendum, Jeremy Corbyn, Goncalo Amaral and the Portuguese police, all subject matter and people that have been subjected to campaigns of fear, lies, smears and agenda driven propaganda by a wealthy manipulating elite in many circles and those in the British government. Irrespective of which way you voted in either Brexit or the GE, for Brexit we see our gov’t spending £9m of tax payers money on producing & distributing pro-EU leaflets so that the public could decide fairly and equally in the referendum. So fairly/equally that they refused to spend £9m on anti-EU leaflets, worse still they ignored 400,000+ people whom petitioned the gov’t to not spend any money on these leaflets. We saw daily the fear based anti-Brexit lies from the politicians in the print media and on TV media, a lot of which now we’ve seen were all lies. As I finish writing this today I see that Liam Fox recently made an official complaint to the BBC over its Brexit bias. In the run up to the latest general election most people must have seen the ‘Corbyn bashing’ go to ridiculous lengths particularly in the print media led by Rupert Murdoch’s rags.

And now onto little Madeleine’s disappearance and a certain Goncalo Amaral and the Portuguese police, of whom have had to endure a decade of torrential abuse, lies, smears, misinterpretation and misappropriation of the facts and evidence etc and all at the hands of the same complicit print and TV media. Without doubt these media cretins for the last decade has attempted to sell lies and tell the public what to believe as regards the McCann case but things are undoubtedly clear which is their lies are never ending, their smears are repetitive, their propaganda ever changing, their sources are still anonymous, the evidence is rarely included and the facts are never mentioned yet at its peak just prior to the 10th anniversary this year the print media, its online websites and social media pages were putting out wave after wave of nonsensical, pointless crap almost hourly about the great and fantastic god like McCann’s and their poor hard done by plight at the hands of the uselessly inept, sardine munching, beer drinking Portuguese PJ and in particular the fat Manuel from Flowery Twats (Fawlty Towers) known as Mr Amaral. An analogy of what we saw was trying to put out a match with a fire hose! We saw outrageously constructed lies printed simply to put the McCann’s under a halo, arguably most famously was the follow up Alan Birchenall articles. Occasionally there was a smattering of truth written in the articles but as always and in a repeated format it was then surrounded by a mass of bovine excrement and pro-McCann, child neglect supporting sycophancy and propaganda that it served to dismiss and ridicule the snippet of truth previously mentioned. The TV media fared no better, with only one side allowed air time accompanied by those gov’t/media stooges whose reputation and credibility was questionable to begin with considering their links to the McCann case over the last decade. And wasn’t it the This Morning farce, where by Williams Thomas/Hill put forward their BS but when it came to the evidence/facts and a counter argument the presenters declared “we’ve got to leave it there for legal reasons”??!

The pure bile and spite that has emanated from the mainstream newspapers and its online facilities towards Mr Amaral in particular was then and still is purely vile, unwarranted and disgusting and yet they don’t hesitate to publish it even though such articles should have to pass through stages of approval to print. As with both the print media and TV media once these lies and smears are published or aired for the public to view, it can’t be unseen. Corrections are occasionally made in the print media in connection to this case but if they are they take months or in this case 13 (http://www.express.co.uk/…/Robert-Murat-Apology-21-July-2017)! 13 months after being told a lie the public finally get told the real side of the story, how much water has passed under the bridge metaphorically speaking in that time?! Mr Tony Bennett also managed to gain a correction from a headline mainstream media lie about Mr Amaral but again that took a massive effort and 7 months to obtain! One cannot forget an often seen quote from Lord Bell of Bell Pottinger fame in connection with the McCann’s, namely the one of “and I’m not really interested in what the McCann’s think, because they paid me £500,000 in fees to keep them on the front pages of every single newspaper for a year, which we did”. What this demonstrates perfectly and especially in relation to what we’ve seen over the last decade is that the print media in particular is not for the truth, it’s for sale to the highest bidder, it can be bought to print whatever agenda or propaganda the buyer (or owner) chooses (Corbyn bashing for example).

Over the last few years Met Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley has made a few interesting remarks regarding the press coverage of the McCann case, such as:

06/05/14 - “The advice I am receiving from Portugal is that their approach is very different and they do not brief the media on current investigations. He has been clear with me that if we provide any briefings or information on the work they are undertaking on our behalf, or if reporters cause any disruption to their work in Portugal, activity will cease until that problem dissipates.”

Also on 06/05/14 - “As well as being aware of the dangers of disrupting the work of the Portuguese, I would also ask you to think carefully about the information you decide to put into the public domain. Although we will continue not to comment on specific information, I would ask you to think twice about what impact that information or speculation might have on the investigation if it is published or broadcast.”

22/05/14 Mr Rowley reconfirmed the previous points whilst adding ““I am well aware that updates may help control this investigation”. (hhmm, control this investigation....)

25/04/17 Mr Rowley said this “There are odd headline and odd stories in newspapers on a regular basis and most of those are nonsense”!

One thing in particular I found interesting among the articles of association of the Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited company was under the ‘powers’ of the fund section, article 2C.6 to be exact which states “alone or with other organisations seek to influence public opinion and make representations to and seek to influence governmental and other bodies and institutions”. Hhhhmmmm!

The organisation that oversees the regulation of the print media is the Independent Press Standards Organisation and they’re not without controversy themselves both countrywide and based on my own experiences with them. I have many thoughts and experiences of the IPSO, none of them pleasant but I’ll leave a link to a letter that more than adequately sums them up in my opinion. https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/sep/08/press-regulation-hacked-off-campaign

In my opinion and experiences the only thing the IPSO are truly ‘Independent’ from is truth, responsibility and accountability as once a complaint fails with them for whatever reason, there is simply nowhere else to go without incurring personal legal costs as far as I know. To date and purely in my opinion/experience the IPSO has rejected complaints and refused to uphold their Code of Practice in the following examples, all of which on the face of it seems wholly wrong to me:

• Press turning the McCann’s previous trial award of £434,000 plus interest into the legal costs of the McCann’s for their subsequent trial/appeal loss. Pure speculation and conjecture, unconfirmed and uncorroborated.
• Press stating as fact that the Find Madeleine fund ‘is’ at a level of £46,000. Further released accounts indicate this was not the case. Also the fact that again it was pure speculation and conjecture goes unchallenged by the IPSO.
• Press stating as determined fact that Madeleine was abducted, snatched from her bed, taken/taken from her bed by an abductor etc. Despite the Supreme Court judgment casting severe doubt on an abduction occurring on top of all those before them, part of the IPSO’s reason for refusing to act on this matter was because I “do not dispute that Madeleine is missing”.
• Presses very recent disgusting, personal and vile attack on Mr Amaral, they refused to act because people who complained “were not acting on behalf of or for Mr Amaral”.
• Press stating that people who contributed to Mr Amaral’s gofundme appeal are “vile trolls” and furthermore anyone who questions the McCann’s full stop are trolls. The IPSO has claimed that the press are entitled to say this.
• Press stating that Scotland Yard spokesperson said they were investigating the final lead of European child traffickers. This despite the same articles admitting that neither Scotland Yard nor the PJ had made any such announcement and had actually stated “no comment” when asked. The IPSO refused to act because “Whilst we acknowledge your position that no public statement has been made in this regard, as you have no direct knowledge of the inquiry, we considered that you are not in a position to dispute that Officers have confirmed this, notwithstanding the absence of a press release”.
• Press stating that the McCann’s were cleared in 2008 when the case was archived.

1. The IPSO’s response was to permit the press articles lies about the McCann’s being cleared because “In circumstances where Mr and Mrs McCann are no longer being investigated as formal suspects” and “the Committee did not consider that it was significantly misleading to report that Mr and Mrs McCann were “cleared of any wrongdoing”. I am assuming here that by ‘circumstances’ they mean comments made by senior detectives in Portugal and the UK that the McCann’s are apparently not suspects because the Supreme Court judgment makes it perfectly clear for me. As for the part where the newspapers mention the case being archived in 2008 and the McCann’s being cleared, the IPSO refuses to act because “As the articles do not refer to the case being archived, the Committee declined to reopen your complaint on this point.” Make of that what you will. I know what I think to it! Interestingly in my reply from the IPSO they refused to acknowledge the Portuguese Supreme Court judgement documents via a link I included but they did acknowledge other mainstream media articles that I used as evidence.

• I have received a decision from the IPSO today regarding my latest complaint which consisted of 3 points.

1. Where recent mainstream publications viciously lied 3 times in the same piece that Mr Amaral “has repeatedly claimed Maddie was killed by her parents ever since” and such like quotes. The IPSO says “We considered that, where Mr Amaral had alleged that the McCann’s may have accidentally killed their daughter and the articles both explained the precise allegation made, the use of “killing” in the sentences you highlighted was not significantly misleading”.
2. I further complained about the same articles stating that the PJ investigation was “bungled” under Mr Amaral. The IPSO says “We considered that the newspaper was entitled to give its opinion in this way and that it was not significantly misleading for the newspaper to refer to the “initial bungled hunt for Maddie.”
• And lastly I complained about the unobtainable and undetermined supposition of the following quote as insisted upon my the mainstream media publication in question “Mr Amaral claimed in a TV documentary and his bestselling 2008 book that the parents had killed Maddie and faked her kidnapping after she vanished in Praia da Luz in 2007 – but there is no truth in the claims”. The IPSO says “summarized the allegations Mr Amaral had made and the fact that they had not been substantiated; we considered that the Sun was entitled to make clear its view that, in the absence of evidence, there was no truth in the allegations.”

When the press can lie to the world and say “Amaral has repeatedly claimed Maddie was killed by her parents ever since” and the IPSO say that this wasn’t “significantly misleading”, then what hope does the truth have?!

A great many people in the UK believe unequivocally what the media tell them. The media is anything but truthful. The only time we’ve seen the McCann’s questioned in the press is over the debatable subject of child neglect which forms the McCann’s ‘alibi’ for Madeleine’s disappearance. Of the so called four states of mental culpability, which one do you think accurately describes the rationale behind the press and IPSO regarding all of the above? Knowingly, Intentionally, Recklessly or Negligently. I know which one I’d choose.

When sooo many entities are going to extreme lengths in order to purport that this was just a simple stranger abduction, common sense and basic logic should tell you that this is anything but.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41608

Back to top Go down

Looking into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the agenda behind it Empty Re: Looking into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the agenda behind it

Post by Verdi 29.07.17 0:10

Get'emGonçalo wrote:Posted by Andy Hopkins on CMOMM facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/JillHavernCompleteMysteryofMadeleineMcCann/permalink/1969491943295289/

Looking into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the agenda behind it 18582410_10212945195765961_5557408567630870071_n

Andy Hopkins
3 hrs

All of the following is based on my opinions and experiences during my short time looking into Madeleine’s disappearance and the agenda behind it.

Brexit and its referendum, Jeremy Corbyn, Goncalo Amaral and the Portuguese police, all subject matter and people that have been subjected to campaigns of fear, lies, smears and agenda driven propaganda by a wealthy manipulating elite in many circles and those in the British government. Irrespective of which way you voted in either Brexit or the GE, for Brexit we see our gov’t spending £9m of tax payers money on producing & distributing pro-EU leaflets so that the public could decide fairly and equally in the referendum. So fairly/equally that they refused to spend £9m on anti-EU leaflets, worse still they ignored 400,000+ people whom petitioned the gov’t to not spend any money on these leaflets. We saw daily the fear based anti-Brexit lies from the politicians in the print media and on TV media, a lot of which now we’ve seen were all lies. As I finish writing this today I see that Liam Fox recently made an official complaint to the BBC over its Brexit bias. In the run up to the latest general election most people must have seen the ‘Corbyn bashing’ go to ridiculous lengths particularly in the print media led by Rupert Murdoch’s rags.

And now onto little Madeleine’s disappearance and a certain Goncalo Amaral and the Portuguese police, of whom have had to endure a decade of torrential abuse, lies, smears, misinterpretation and misappropriation of the facts and evidence etc and all at the hands of the same complicit print and TV media. Without doubt these media cretins for the last decade has attempted to sell lies and tell the public what to believe as regards the McCann case but things are undoubtedly clear which is their lies are never ending, their smears are repetitive, their propaganda ever changing, their sources are still anonymous, the evidence is rarely included and the facts are never mentioned yet at its peak just prior to the 10th anniversary this year the print media, its online websites and social media pages were putting out wave after wave of nonsensical, pointless crap almost hourly about the great and fantastic god like McCann’s and their poor hard done by plight at the hands of the uselessly inept, sardine munching, beer drinking Portuguese PJ and in particular the fat Manuel from Flowery Twats (Fawlty Towers) known as Mr Amaral. An analogy of what we saw was trying to put out a match with a fire hose! We saw outrageously constructed lies printed simply to put the McCann’s under a halo, arguably most famously was the follow up Alan Birchenall articles. Occasionally there was a smattering of truth written in the articles but as always and in a repeated format it was then surrounded by a mass of bovine excrement and pro-McCann, child neglect supporting sycophancy and propaganda that it served to dismiss and ridicule the snippet of truth previously mentioned. The TV media fared no better, with only one side allowed air time accompanied by those gov’t/media stooges whose reputation and credibility was questionable to begin with considering their links to the McCann case over the last decade. And wasn’t it the This Morning farce, where by Williams Thomas/Hill put forward their BS but when it came to the evidence/facts and a counter argument the presenters declared “we’ve got to leave it there for legal reasons”??!

The pure bile and spite that has emanated from the mainstream newspapers and its online facilities towards Mr Amaral in particular was then and still is purely vile, unwarranted and disgusting and yet they don’t hesitate to publish it even though such articles should have to pass through stages of approval to print. As with both the print media and TV media once these lies and smears are published or aired for the public to view, it can’t be unseen. Corrections are occasionally made in the print media in connection to this case but if they are they take months or in this case 13 (http://www.express.co.uk/…/Robert-Murat-Apology-21-July-2017)! 13 months after being told a lie the public finally get told the real side of the story, how much water has passed under the bridge metaphorically speaking in that time?! Mr Tony Bennett also managed to gain a correction from a headline mainstream media lie about Mr Amaral but again that took a massive effort and 7 months to obtain! One cannot forget an often seen quote from Lord Bell of Bell Pottinger fame in connection with the McCann’s, namely the one of “and I’m not really interested in what the McCann’s think, because they paid me £500,000 in fees to keep them on the front pages of every single newspaper for a year, which we did”. What this demonstrates perfectly and especially in relation to what we’ve seen over the last decade is that the print media in particular is not for the truth, it’s for sale to the highest bidder, it can be bought to print whatever agenda or propaganda the buyer (or owner) chooses (Corbyn bashing for example).

Over the last few years Met Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley has made a few interesting remarks regarding the press coverage of the McCann case, such as:

06/05/14 - “The advice I am receiving from Portugal is that their approach is very different and they do not brief the media on current investigations. He has been clear with me that if we provide any briefings or information on the work they are undertaking on our behalf, or if reporters cause any disruption to their work in Portugal, activity will cease until that problem dissipates.”

Also on 06/05/14 - “As well as being aware of the dangers of disrupting the work of the Portuguese, I would also ask you to think carefully about the information you decide to put into the public domain. Although we will continue not to comment on specific information, I would ask you to think twice about what impact that information or speculation might have on the investigation if it is published or broadcast.”

22/05/14 Mr Rowley reconfirmed the previous points whilst adding ““I am well aware that updates may help control this investigation”. (hhmm, control this investigation....)

25/04/17 Mr Rowley said this “There are odd headline and odd stories in newspapers on a regular basis and most of those are nonsense”!

One thing in particular I found interesting among the articles of association of the Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited company was under the ‘powers’ of the fund section, article 2C.6 to be exact which states “alone or with other organisations seek to influence public opinion and make representations to and seek to influence governmental and other bodies and institutions”. Hhhhmmmm!

The organisation that oversees the regulation of the print media is the Independent Press Standards Organisation and they’re not without controversy themselves both countrywide and based on my own experiences with them. I have many thoughts and experiences of the IPSO, none of them pleasant but I’ll leave a link to a letter that more than adequately sums them up in my opinion. https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/sep/08/press-regulation-hacked-off-campaign

In my opinion and experiences the only thing the IPSO are truly ‘Independent’ from is truth, responsibility and accountability as once a complaint fails with them for whatever reason, there is simply nowhere else to go without incurring personal legal costs as far as I know. To date and purely in my opinion/experience the IPSO has rejected complaints and refused to uphold their Code of Practice in the following examples, all of which on the face of it seems wholly wrong to me:

• Press turning the McCann’s previous trial award of £434,000 plus interest into the legal costs of the McCann’s for their subsequent trial/appeal loss. Pure speculation and conjecture, unconfirmed and uncorroborated.
• Press stating as fact that the Find Madeleine fund ‘is’ at a level of £46,000. Further released accounts indicate this was not the case. Also the fact that again it was pure speculation and conjecture goes unchallenged by the IPSO.
• Press stating as determined fact that Madeleine was abducted, snatched from her bed, taken/taken from her bed by an abductor etc. Despite the Supreme Court judgment casting severe doubt on an abduction occurring on top of all those before them, part of the IPSO’s reason for refusing to act on this matter was because I “do not dispute that Madeleine is missing”.
• Presses very recent disgusting, personal and vile attack on Mr Amaral, they refused to act because people who complained “were not acting on behalf of or for Mr Amaral”.
• Press stating that people who contributed to Mr Amaral’s gofundme appeal are “vile trolls” and furthermore anyone who questions the McCann’s full stop are trolls. The IPSO has claimed that the press are entitled to say this.
• Press stating that Scotland Yard spokesperson said they were investigating the final lead of European child traffickers. This despite the same articles admitting that neither Scotland Yard nor the PJ had made any such announcement and had actually stated “no comment” when asked. The IPSO refused to act because “Whilst we acknowledge your position that no public statement has been made in this regard, as you have no direct knowledge of the inquiry, we considered that you are not in a position to dispute that Officers have confirmed this, notwithstanding the absence of a press release”.
• Press stating that the McCann’s were cleared in 2008 when the case was archived.

1. The IPSO’s response was to permit the press articles lies about the McCann’s being cleared because “In circumstances where Mr and Mrs McCann are no longer being investigated as formal suspects” and “the Committee did not consider that it was significantly misleading to report that Mr and Mrs McCann were “cleared of any wrongdoing”. I am assuming here that by ‘circumstances’ they mean comments made by senior detectives in Portugal and the UK that the McCann’s are apparently not suspects because the Supreme Court judgment makes it perfectly clear for me. As for the part where the newspapers mention the case being archived in 2008 and the McCann’s being cleared, the IPSO refuses to act because “As the articles do not refer to the case being archived, the Committee declined to reopen your complaint on this point.” Make of that what you will. I know what I think to it! Interestingly in my reply from the IPSO they refused to acknowledge the Portuguese Supreme Court judgement documents via a link I included but they did acknowledge other mainstream media articles that I used as evidence.

• I have received a decision from the IPSO today regarding my latest complaint which consisted of 3 points.

1. Where recent mainstream publications viciously lied 3 times in the same piece that Mr Amaral “has repeatedly claimed Maddie was killed by her parents ever since” and such like quotes. The IPSO says “We considered that, where Mr Amaral had alleged that the McCann’s may have accidentally killed their daughter and the articles both explained the precise allegation made, the use of “killing” in the sentences you highlighted was not significantly misleading”.
2. I further complained about the same articles stating that the PJ investigation was “bungled” under Mr Amaral. The IPSO says “We considered that the newspaper was entitled to give its opinion in this way and that it was not significantly misleading for the newspaper to refer to the “initial bungled hunt for Maddie.”
• And lastly I complained about the unobtainable and undetermined supposition of the following quote as insisted upon my the mainstream media publication in question “Mr Amaral claimed in a TV documentary and his bestselling 2008 book that the parents had killed Maddie and faked her kidnapping after she vanished in Praia da Luz in 2007 – but there is no truth in the claims”. The IPSO says “summarized the allegations Mr Amaral had made and the fact that they had not been substantiated; we considered that the Sun was entitled to make clear its view that, in the absence of evidence, there was no truth in the allegations.”

When the press can lie to the world and say “Amaral has repeatedly claimed Maddie was killed by her parents ever since” and the IPSO say that this wasn’t “significantly misleading”, then what hope does the truth have?!

A great many people in the UK believe unequivocally what the media tell them. The media is anything but truthful. The only time we’ve seen the McCann’s questioned in the press is over the debatable subject of child neglect which forms the McCann’s ‘alibi’ for Madeleine’s disappearance. Of the so called four states of mental culpability, which one do you think accurately describes the rationale behind the press and IPSO regarding all of the above? Knowingly, Intentionally, Recklessly or Negligently. I know which one I’d choose.

When sooo many entities are going to extreme lengths in order to purport that this was just a simple stranger abduction, common sense and basic logic should tell you that this is anything but.
This is worthy of a bump!

Andy Hopkins thumbsup !  An entertaining and factual account of the fiction presented to the world in defence of the prime suspects in the alleged disappearance of little Madeleine McCann.

I say well done that man howdy .

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Looking into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the agenda behind it Empty Re: Looking into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the agenda behind it

Post by kaz 29.07.17 11:16

“and I’m not really interested in what the McCann’s think, because they paid me  ( Lord Bell of Bell Pottinger fame  ) £500,000 in fees to keep them on the front pages of every single newspaper for a year, which we did”.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but what if Madeleine had been 'found' the day after this payment was made? At almost £1500 a day, that would have been a hefty waste of money . If it was headlines that TMC wanted , the media would have been queuing up and PAYING dearly  for interviews and photos of the rescued little girl.  As a canny Scot it's more likely that GM was well aware that Madeleine was NOT going to be found and was  very likely unfindable. So , why?
kaz

Activity : 1009

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.07.17 11:30

kaz wrote:“and I’m not really interested in what the McCann’s think, because they paid me  ( Lord Bell of Bell Pottinger fame  ) £500,000 in fees to keep them on the front pages of every single newspaper for a year, which we did”.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but what if Madeleine had been 'found' the day after this payment was made? At almost £1500 a day, that would have been a hefty waste of money . If it was headlines that TMC wanted , the media would have been queuing up and PAYING dearly  for interviews and photos of the rescued little girl.  As a canny Scot it's more likely that GM was well aware that Madeleine was NOT going to be found and was  very likely unfindable. So , why?
Well to add fuel to your fire, this has been mentioned before and I make no apologies for repeating it again and again and again..

LET'S HOLD A MADELEINE DAY FOR THE WHOLE WORLD

Sunday June 3,2007
By Jason Groves
Daily Express

ROCK legend Sir Elton John is being lined up to front a global pop concert, to carry the message of missing Madeleine McCann’s plight to every corner of the earth.

It is hoped the singer will headline a huge series of worldwide events to mark a special Madeleine Day that her distraught parents are planning in the effort to find the vanished four-year-old. Sir Elton’s popular appeal is guaranteed to attract a swarm of other film and music superstars keen to offer support to parents Gerry and Kate McCann.

The couple, having promised not to return home until they are reunited with Madeleine, are now planning a series of visits to European and North African cities, to distribute posters and widen the appeal for information.

Sir Elton has played an emotional DVD of Madeline at his concerts, but now believes a larger effort would do more to raise awareness of her predicament.

Gerry McCann, 38, said: “One of the ideas is maybe getting all the people who have publicly supported us to come together. I don’t just mean from the UK but from different parts of the world. We want a big event to raise awareness that she is still missing.

“We would look at high-profile people who have already pledged support. It will be some sort of focus around an anniversary, to tell people thatMadeleine ’s still missing. I think it would be later this year, once media attention has dropped, to bring it back up, hopefully, for a short period.

It wouldn’t be a one-year anniversary, it will be sooner than that. What we’re doing at the minute has its role but doing that down the line in a few months won’t have anything like the same impact. We might have a sporting event, something arts, something music.
Looking into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the agenda behind it PaisASorrir
"We’ve had backing from sporting people up to now. We have had backing from certain musical celebrities as well. We’ve got some other musical contacts that we are exploring, who are happy to offer support.
“We’re not saying it would necessarily be one big concert, it might be that on a certain day they are playing her DVD.
“What we want at the current time is maximum message out there now, about her disappearance but then just events to bring it back up occasionally just to remind people, if she’s not found.”

A month after the sleeping Madeleine was snatched from her bed, Gerry and Kate McCann have betrayed the first signs that their hopes of finding her alive are starting to fade.

The couple confessed that they are haunted by the harrowing thought of her being held captive by a pervert. Still desperately clinging toMadeleine ’s pink Cuddle Cat, 38-year-old Kate said: “We don’t know where she is. We’d like to think she’s still in Portugal, she might still be in Portugal.

“But we know there’s a possibility she’s gone over the border – or several borders. We know there are bad people out there, but we know there are also a lot of sad people. We hope it’s the latter.”

Gerry added: “Of course we believe Madeleine is still alive but you would be incredible if you hadn’t considered the worst scenario, that she’s dead.

Kate and I discuss it – not a lot, but we talk about hope, and that while there’s some we will not give up. At the minute, there’s loads of hope.”

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.07.17 14:13

Gerry amazingly knew Madeleine wasn't going to be found over the period.

Sounds like he was confused over a search for a live child and a memorial for a dead child.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 30.07.17 14:06

BlueBag wrote:Gerry amazingly knew Madeleine wasn't going to be found over the period.

Sounds like he was confused over a search for a live child and a memorial for a dead child.
Not the only one who appears "confused?"

Mark Rowley; So, you’ll understand from your experience, the way murder investigations work, detectives will start off with various hypotheses, about what’s happened in a murder, what has happened in a missing person’s investigation, whether someone has been abducted. All those different possibilities will be worked through. This case is no different from that but the evidence is limited at the moment to
be cast iron as to which one of those hypotheses we should follow. So we have to keep an open mind. As I said we have some critical lines of enquiry, those linked to particular lines of enquiry, but I’m not going to discuss them today because they are very much live investigations.

Being as Rowley has an "open mind", a critical  "hypothesis " to work through would be the "parents" of Madeleine.... could prove to be a "cast iron" possibility  probability? IMO

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 31.07.17 12:27

I know this has been said before, but I thought numbers sharing an opinion matter. 

The fact that the McCann's paid Bell-Pottinger £500,000 to keep Madeleine on the newspaper front pages for 1 year, must make any rational person wonder why they were not expecting her to be found within that time period.

If she was findable, then why not do a deal on a week by week basis?

Another bit of news I bet they regret being made public.
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 31.07.17 13:02

So what happened to Gerrys idea of " A Madeleine Day for the whole world " then ?

10 years later and we're still waiting , does it take that long to organise ?

Activity : 2374

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 11.08.17 18:49

Gerry      "I personally don't think running stories on Madeleine makes that much difference. Her image is everywhere"

So why did you waste half a million paying the red tops to keep the story on the front pages for a year?

Goodness, but they were desperate to know what information the P.J. might have had! The arrogance of launching their own "investigation" is matched only by their burning desire to turn Madeleine's disappearance into an international affair - with plum roles for themselves at the head of an international missing children's organization. There was never the slightest evidence that Madeleine had been spirited abroad. How many genuine child victims snatched by paedophiles do actually end up more than a few miles from where they were taken? Far more likely that she would have been killed and dumped not far away. But then, there would have been no role for CEOP or Metodo 3 and far too much emphasis on the scene of the crime and those who were present when it occurred.

@Phoebe

Please note the 'McCann Interview Transcripts' thread is for information and post only transcripts.

Your post has been moved here.

Mod.
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum