The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

VIDEO - Good Morning Britain - 'Enough is enough' - but the search for Madeleine McCann continues  13 MAR 2017 - Page 2 Mm11

VIDEO - Good Morning Britain - 'Enough is enough' - but the search for Madeleine McCann continues  13 MAR 2017 - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

VIDEO - Good Morning Britain - 'Enough is enough' - but the search for Madeleine McCann continues  13 MAR 2017 - Page 2 Mm11

VIDEO - Good Morning Britain - 'Enough is enough' - but the search for Madeleine McCann continues  13 MAR 2017 - Page 2 Regist10

VIDEO - Good Morning Britain - 'Enough is enough' - but the search for Madeleine McCann continues 13 MAR 2017

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VIDEO - Good Morning Britain - 'Enough is enough' - but the search for Madeleine McCann continues  13 MAR 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: VIDEO - Good Morning Britain - 'Enough is enough' - but the search for Madeleine McCann continues 13 MAR 2017

Post by Roxyroo 14.03.17 13:36

Who else thinks this extra funding is just to pay the wages until they can figure out some cover story that the public cannot doubt?
I had great hopes last month when Miss Marsh started tweeting, but its plainly obvious now they were paid PR to counter Snr. Amaral's win.
Sigh

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

VIDEO - Good Morning Britain - 'Enough is enough' - but the search for Madeleine McCann continues  13 MAR 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: VIDEO - Good Morning Britain - 'Enough is enough' - but the search for Madeleine McCann continues 13 MAR 2017

Post by jeanmonroe 14.03.17 13:48

YEP! (It 'seems' almost official!)

Sorry Lorraine.

MORGAN 'gets' the 'exclusiff' 10 year 'anniversary' SCOOOP!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3084650/madeleine-mccanns-parents-praise-piers-morgan-for-defending-multi-million-pound-hunt-for-missing-tot/

'gist'

'HE'S SPEAKING SENSE'

Madeleine McCann’s parents praise Piers Morgan for defending multi-million pound hunt for missing tot

The family's spokesman said the host's comments were 'very sensible' as extra funding to aid search announced

By Tracey Kandohla and Ellie Flynn
14th March 2017, 8:43 am
Updated: 14th March 2017, 12:21 pm

PIERS Morgan has been praised by Madeleine McCann’s parents for “speaking sense” in a fresh debate over the multi-million pound police hunt, their spokesman revealed last night.

The outspoken Good Morning Britain host hit back on Monday’s show at criticism of the extra £85,000 cops are getting to continue the search for Maddie nearly 10 years after her disappearance.
Piers Morgan led the debate on Good Morning Britain on Monday
Kate and Gerry McCann have been searching for their daughter for almost 10 years

McCann spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: “What Piers said in defence of Kate and Gerry and the police search for their daughter is entirely right and his comments speak for themselves, and are very sensible.”

Piers and his co-host Susanna Reid debated the issue with retired Met police officer Sue Hill, Dr Graham Hill, who worked on the investigation, and Karen Danczuk.
Some viewers were left furious as it emerged the investigation has cost more than £11 million since Maddie vanished aged three from Praia da Luz, Portugal, in 2007.
Piers sparked outrage with some after defending the £85,000 fund to extend the case for another six months.
He said: “It is complicated, so many people take a moral view on the McCanns.
“I wouldn’t have done what they did but having interviewed them your heart breaks for these people.
“I don’t think there is any bigger priority, I really don’t. Other than keeping the country safe from terrorism, missing kids has got to be top of the list.”
Former cop Sue Hill slammed the huge bill as a waste of taxpayers’ money and urged the force to finally shelve their inquiry and “put sentiment aside”.
Maddie was three when she disappeared in Portugal in 2007
She said: “Knowing how many undetected murders there are here in London… sometimes you have to put sentiment to one side and say enough is enough.”
A source close to ex-GP Kate, 49, and heart doctor Gerry, 48, of Rothley, Leics, said: “Why a retired police officer is challenging how Scotland Yard spend their resources on the biggest ever missing child cases is simply baffling.
“To say they should be closing the case while important inquiries are still ongoing is ridiculous.”
Ex-top cop Sue Hill says Madeleine McCann hunt is over-resourced
Fans took to Twitter to insist police resources had been stretched far enough by the case - and many suggested other missing child cases have been underfunded in comparison to the Maddie probe.
One outraged viewer wrote: "Glad that @gmb are covering the #MadeleineMccann funding. This case is being over-resourced, yet again. Taxpayers aren't happy."
Another added: "11.1m on the search for #MadeleineMccann is ridiculous..."
A third tweeted: "#MadeleineMcCann When Do We #ScaleBack Really? Im #Hurt For The Families Of This Girl But What About Other #Children Who Have #Disappeared?"
Another added: "Oi I'm not being funny but if I was abducted in Benidorm when I was 8, my mum would not have got 11m quid to look for me #MadeleineMccann."
Retired police officer Sue Hill is convinced the force needs to put 'sentiment aside'
Dr Graham Hill claimed the original investigation was 'botched'
TV detective claims Maddie McCann knew where parents were and went looking for them
Piers stood by his viewpoint and later defended the McCanns on Twitter.
He said: "Astonishing how much vitriol & abuse the sanctimonious British public pours on the heads of Madeleine McCann's parents. And shameful."
The TV host later added: "The McCanns spend every day imagining their little girl being raped, tortured or murdered by a paedophile. There can't be anything worse.
"Sue made a valid point but British cops are chasing a new lead that could solve the McCann case. Surely they must pursue it?"
The funding bump comes after it emerged cops are chasing a new lead as they hunt for a former employee at the resort where Maddie disappeared.
British police want to speak to a Portuguese man who worked at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz.
The unnamed man had previously been interviewed by cops desperate to track down Maddie, but now they have reason to believe he may hold more key information.
------------------------------------

Morgan said: "I WOULDN'T have done what THEY DID..."

Some 'defence' that eh, Pinky?

Clarence Mitchell trying to explain why the McCanns left three young children under four on their own, several nights in a row, whilst on holiday, and then went out for the evening wining and dining. He told his TV audience: “There is a cultural difference between Britain and Portugal. It is a British approach to get your children washed, bathed and in bed early in the evening, if you can, so you can have something of the evening to yourself. That’s the British way of doing things."

thinking

NOT Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan's... 'way of doing things' eh, Pinky?

And 'guess what' Pinky?

Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan hasn't had a child of his.....'disappear or have been abducted'!

Comments

Max DeFrost
3 minutes ago
Piers is an opportunistic, sleezy, shallow idiot. See's a little niche for self promotion and jumps all over it. If any journalist had a molecule of integrity and investigative skill, they would have read the PJ files and matched up the enormous amount of discrepancies and disinformation in the McCann's story.
Funny to see that slime Clarence Mitchell back in the frame. I thought he'd been binned ?
Pail smith
1 hour ago
Ask the McCanns how maddies DNA was in the boot of the rental car they hired after she apparently went missing ?
Robert Mansfield
1 hour ago
Morgan will soon be eating his words.
hayley neill
1 hour ago
Guess the McCann's want a new house or holiday for them to need extra money because god knows they aren't using it to search for her as they​ know exactly what they did with her .
Ben Sebastien
2 hours ago
Yeah - he's as f u c k e d up as the nasty Mcanns - rot in hell you nasty evil pair so called parents. Get this into your thick stupid heads - if you two p r I c k s had not left that defenceless little girl on her own then none of this would have happened.
carmen macintyre
2 hours ago
He makes his living from being a contrarian, that is all.
Ninoovcov
2 hours ago
It does not matter if you think the mc canns are guilty or not! Maddie is one of our own and is a innocent child that is missing and we need to find out exactly what happened.
Donny Dee
41 minutes ago
@Ninoovcov Write to her parents then, they know exactly what happened.
Ultimate JediMaster
2 hours ago
Piers Morgan is a hideous, evil lowlife that slithers in the gutters where it has built its nest. If that loathsome creature is defending something, its almost certain that that something is dodgy and evil.
McKenzie32
3 hours ago
Had the parents been sleeping in the villa only to wake and find the child missing I'd have a very different opinion on the money being spent.
They should be in jail. The twins should be in care and the police should stop this insane hunt immediately. Too many unsolved crimes in this country which we should be focusing on. Crimes that took place due to no ones neglect.
The McCanns are a vile example of parents. I cannot feel sorry for them one bit when they clearly didn't feel sorry for their own children. children they knew had been upset on previous nights as they woke up to find themselves alone in that villa but yet they left them night after night.
Why should any money be spent when they refuse to answer questions, refused a reconstruction and refuse to look into any other lead of enquiry which doesn't fall in line with their suggestion of what happened. I thought they were doctors not detectives.
Donny Dee
3 hours ago
Piers Morgan and the McCann's have a lot in common, they both as of yet haven't been prosecuted for their crimes.
Dave Barlow
4 hours ago
Who gives a toss what Piers Morgan thinks, He is a Traitor. People like him would be finished in Russia.
colin culk
4 hours ago
Piers Morgan, the new Katie Hopkins desperately looking for attention
John Copsey
5 hours ago
He only done as he was told like anyone else in the British Media regarding this. If you want the truth look abroad.
Jay D
5 hours ago
Don't see what the problem is, the police are only under resourced because of the rotten to the core tories
oldbill
4 hours ago
@Jay D Nobody mentioned under resourced other than you. People are saying this case has been ridiculously OVER funded. Time to call a halt. There is no new evidence. The parents understandably will never say never but someone has to at some time.
andrew walker
4 hours ago
@Jay D crime was far higher under useless labour !!
McKenzie32
3 hours ago
Labour ruined this country. Tony Blair well overstayed his term. Any government in charge now would struggle to put right Blairs wrongs.
Ben Sebastien
2 hours ago
Mate you are a total t o s s e r - just like the Mcanns - human garbage at best
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 14.03.17 14:51

https://www.theguardian.com/media/shortcuts/2014/feb/24/piers-morgan-america-talkshow-host-cnn

big grin

Yeah Piers very sensible guy - he let a cricketer bowl at him so hard that his ribs ended up broken.   Very sensible indeed.    heeeheeeheeeee.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.03.17 15:00

"WE'RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER 'BANDWAGON'!"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3084569/kirstie-allsopp-defends-madeleine-mccanns-parents-in-twitter-row-over-their-parenting-skills-after-police-are-given-85000-to-continue-the-search-for-their-daughter/

'THEY'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG'

Kirstie Allsopp defends Madeleine McCann’s parents and says it ‘was OK to leave kids sleeping nearby’ as debate rages over £85k cash injection into search

The TV presenter shared her feelings with followers

By Nola Ojomu, Showbiz Reporter
14th March 2017, 8:49 am
Updated: 14th March 2017, 11:38 am

TV presenter Kirtie Allsopp has spoken out in defence of Madeleine McCann’s parents on Twitter.
The Location, Location, Location star debated with her followers about the famous hunt which it was revealed to have cost taxpayers over £11.1 million since the three-year-old went missing in 2007.
Location, Location, Location star Kirstie Allsopp has spoken out in defence of Madeleine McCann’s parents
Kirstie shared her feelings about the criticism Madeleine’s parents received for leaving their children alone in their holiday room in Portugal.
Kirstie had been responding to Piers Morgan‘s tweet saying the McCann’s were being vilified for the “mistake” of leaving their children alone as she tweeted: “I disagree, I think it was OK to leave the kids sleeping while the parents were in a restaurant close by & checking frequently.”
Kirstie shared her feelings about the criticism Madeleine’s parents received for leaving their children alone in Portugal
She continued: “Have always though the McCanns did nothing wrong leaving the kids asleep nearby, it’s something people have done worldwide since time began.”
When comedian Dara O’Briain warned: “Beware! This is a topic that is uniquely beloved of ghoulish, judgemental arseholes, sneering at the bereaved.”
Kirstie replied: “Bless you, I know, but I’ve always thought that they did nothing wrong and it’s important to say it.”
She stressed to followers: “We cannot live every moment in fear of the tiny, tiny number of evil freaks that sadly exist, parenting has become too fearful.
“For years Mums & Dads have popped next door to have a cuppa with a neighbour when the kids were in bed or even gone to the pub on the corner.”
She continued: “What I find staggering is the number of people who think that they could never make the wrong choice, because I know I have, often.
"Good to know that if you fail there are so many to judge & condemn you, on the upside great to learn that perfect parents are so numerous."
She then concluded: "No desire to debate this, I've said my bit and won't be revisiting the topic, shocked by the amount of bile people hold, it isn't healthy."
The topic had been a hot point again after Piers Morgan debated the case on Good Morning Britain after it was revealed police are getting another £85,000 to prop up the probe.

Comments

Susan Yew
1 hour ago

oh Kirsty you've left yourself wide open to be pilloried on this one. Me, I can't judge one way or another because I wasn't there and don't know the circumstances. I will say this tho not every parent is a paragon of virtue, even the ones living on council estates that people so love to parade when they say nasty things (what's wrong with living on a council estate) . Well done you and Dara O'Brien for daring to voice another opinion. When I was a kid it was quite common for parents to leave their kids outside the pub with a bag of crisps and a lemondate while they were inside drinking and if you went on holiday to a holiday camp kids were always left in bed while mum and dad were whooping it up in the Ballroom. The camp babysitter listened at the door for any babies crying and if there were an announcement was made over a tanoy, "baby crying in chalet....". And I know you are all going to scream times were different but then that is an indicment on Society and the internet allowing pervs and paedos to roam free and do what they like without question.
Sadly a mistake was made in a country where supposedly we are led to believe children are treasured; not the case here. I can't believe these two people woke up that day with the intention of believing or hoping their daughter would be kidnapped, but then what do I know... I do know this vile language and vitriole is uncalled for.
Ben Sebastien
2 hours ago
No it wasn't okay ( obviously ) Kirsty you drop kick because look what has happened as a result of the f u c k I n g Mcanns neglect. A dead child and millions of Pounds wasted because of these total w a n k e r s . Lost all respect for you Kirsty........stick to your property programs because you're obviously a hopeless parent like those two Mcann morons.
TDXI LIVERPOOL
3 hours ago
Yes people have left kids asleep nearby, but there's nearby and there's over a 100 yards away in a foreign country where you can't actually keep a real eye on them because you're getting PlSSED with your mates.
Donny Dee
3 hours ago
Kirstie Allsopp should try looking into the case a bit further, you'd soon see her attitude change, her comments seem to come from someone who doesn't know very much about the case.
Debbie Taylor
5 hours ago
Well said Sue Hill - you hit the nail on the head. There are tons of children go missing in Britain and most are never heard of.
I cannot get my head around the fact that the McCanns are getting the support of our government, the support of lots of stars, the media etc, etc. Why does this never happen if it is a normal family off a council estate? Okay, we saw the Shannon Matthews so called abduction aired and to this day, someone is making money off the back of that. She was found alive and well and her mother went to prison for it (rightly so too) but Maddie has not been found, all we know definatley, is that she was left alone in a foreign country while her parents were enjoying themselves. Why have they not done a 'stint' in prison?
It is like they know something they shouldn't about someone in power. Why else would they get the support they are getting when no-one else in this country does. Something is not quite right and anyone who gets too close is slapped with a law-suit.
Debbie Taylor
5 hours ago
Another idiot who thinks it is okay to leave your kids alone to go out having fun and boozing. What is the matter with people??
Our kids are precious and if you want to have fun with your friends and be irresponsible by not getting a babysitter, then maybe you shouldn't have children.
These are two medical professionals, on a family holiday (supposedly, though it seems it was all about them) who should know better. It is not just about someone taking your child, there could have been a fire, they could have choked and I DON'T care if you are only a stone's throw away, you would never get to them in time because you would not know about it until it's too late.
These two, Doctors or not, should have been charged with neglect at the very least. We are never going to know what really happened to Maddie but please, stopppppppp supporting her parents who let her down so very badly.
They are obssessed with money and you rarely see them with the twins. They should be focusing on them because they will always live in the shadow of their 'missing' sister.
jbird65
5 hours ago
I dearly hope this stupid cow doesn't have children of her own, as she clearly isn't fit to raise them.
-----------------------------------------------

When comedian Dara O’Briain warned: “Beware! This is a topic that is uniquely beloved of ghoulish, judgemental arseholes, sneering at the bereaved."

......sneering at "the bereaved" Dara?

Do 'tell'!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 14.03.17 15:07

Piers talking about Hacking....how ironic

https://youtu.be/jF87S-1ZRf4

And as for that first comment above, about there being no journalists with any intergrity left, i personally think Richard d. Hall is the only one left in the uk!

Did Kirsty Allsops last bit of telly not do so well or something, which c list sleb will it be getting trotted out next week, any bets?

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 14.03.17 15:12

The honourable Kirsty Allsopp, daughter of a Baron.

Couldn't care less what she thinks.  

She can probably afford nannies for her kids, Mr and Mrs didn't even employ a baby sitter for theirs.

The Baron's daughter who wont enter into debate on her comments.  May I make a suggestion, SHUT UP THEN.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.03.17 15:24

VIDEO - Good Morning Britain - 'Enough is enough' - but the search for Madeleine McCann continues  13 MAR 2017 - Page 2 Ka3-e1489481610380

Hmmmm.

There's a similar 'word meaning' to what Dara said

He said 'sneering at the bereaved'

Kirsty says 'people...castigating greaving (nee: 'grieving') parents'

Perhaps ALL the 'luvvies' KNOW 'something', and have 'always' known 'something', that we don't 'KNOW'!

thinking

I'll get 'back' on 'that'..........
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.03.17 15:29

VIDEO - Good Morning Britain - 'Enough is enough' - but the search for Madeleine McCann continues  13 MAR 2017 - Page 2 Ka1

KA: ".......the McCanns did nothing wrong leaving their kids asleep nearby..it's something people have done worldwide since time began"

Well, Kirsty, YOUR, BFF, Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan..........certainly HASN'T and DOSEN'T!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 14.03.17 15:30

plebgate wrote:The honourable Kirsty Allsopp, daughter of a Baron.

She can probably afford nannies for her kids, Mr and Mrs didn't even employ a baby sitter for theirs.

The Baron's daughter who wont enter into debate on her comments.  May I make a suggestion, SHUT UP THEN.
What p*$$ed me off completely was the way Allsopp said "Oh bless, I know" to O Briain-less calling a huge swathe of the populace "ARSEHOLES".  Either they have their orders or they are clueless eejits. O Briain has form on this btw,.

I sometimea wonder if this whole case isn't connected to NWO and an ascendant class. These people are all reading from some sort of script it seems to me. If you look at the Bilderberg agenda No 9 Dusseldorf 2016 you will find MIDDLE CLASS AND PRECARIAT being discussed.

Then you have the Remain agenda of despicable class prejudice, insults flying about old people and ill-educated who should not be allowed a vote. I always remember Tim Smitt of the Eden Project saying young people should have two votes and old people, one.

I think Common Purpose is the vehicle for spreading class dissent.

ETA It goes without saying I will NEVER EVER AGAIN watch Location Location Location. EVER. Or Kirstie's Grandmother's curtains type shows got up as chi chi chic and le dernier mot in cobbled together cr@p. bignono
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 14.03.17 15:38

Allsopp, establishment thru and thru again like Piers. Danzuk, was married to politician BUT got cut off before she cld say anything contructive,  Hopkins ex army, intelligence corps. from what i can remember. The only one that doesnt fit is Jodie Marsh, but maybe it was just plain old greed, to get more twitter followers maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 14.03.17 15:43

Ironic comment from Mr Dara O'Briain, whose whole comedic career has been built around 'sneering'.
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 14.03.17 15:46

Mirage wrote:

What p*$$ed me off completely was the way Allsop said "Oh bless, I know" to O Briain-less calling a huge swathe of the populace "ARSEHOLES".  Either they have their orders or they are clueless eejits. O Briain has form on this btw,.

I sometimea wonder if this whole case isn't connected to NWO and an ascendant class. These people are all reading from some sort of script it seems to me. If you look at the Bilderberg agenda No 9 Dusseldorf 2016 you will find MIDDLE CLASS AND PRECARIAT being discussed.

Then you have the Remain agenda of despicable class prejudice, insults flying about old people and ill-educated who should not be allowed a vote. I always remember Tim Smitt of the Eden Project saying young people should have two votes and old people, one.

I think Common Purpose is the vehicle for spreading class dissent.

Big thumbs up from me re. Common Purpose. Yesterday in my facebook feed there was a few memes like " revolution comes from the LEADERS not the masses" and this is from anonymous, which i have long suspected is bogus (laurel wreaths around headless logo, indicating R.C.church involvement i.e. Jesuits)
"LEADERS" taking the power into their own hands is exactly the over arching remit of CommonPurpose

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.03.17 16:24

I'm starting a 'countdown' to see how long it takes 'someone' from the NSPCC to contact K Allsopp to tell her, that under their guidelines, it states, ".....babies, toddlers and very young children should NEVER BE LEFT ALONE, NOT EVEN FOR A FEW MINUTES."

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 14.03.17 16:25

HiDeHo wrote:

At the end of this clip the ex copper says "Justice isnt fair" ??, or am mis hearing him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 14.03.17 17:35

jeanmonroe wrote:I'm starting a 'countdown' to see how long it takes 'someone' from the NSPCC to contact K Allsopp to telþl her, that under their guidelines, it states, ".....babies, toddlers and very young children should NEVER BE LEFT ALONE, NOT EVEN FOR A FEW MINUTES."

She's not even within the bounds of responsible broadcasting, let alone responsible parenting.

I suppose her children never vomit in their sleep, get up and walk about on hard-tiled floors, climb on furniture, try to get  a drink or pull out the contents of a kitchen cupboard, or wander out into the night through an unlocked door. And it's  only other people's houses that catch on fire. Probably the plebs' houses.

Is she for real?

AND I WILL NEVER,  EVER, WATCH 'LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION' AGAIN.

EVER.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 14.03.17 17:57

Isn't Daire O'Briain's wife Susan a surgeon? Maybe that has a bearing on his attitude?
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 14.03.17 18:40

Phoebe wrote:Isn't Daire O'Briain's wife Susan a surgeon? Maybe that has a bearing on his attitude?
Perhaps she performed a frontal lobotomy on him.

How can anyone swallow such an improbable story and call others that won't buy it "arseholes" is beyond my understanding.

Incidentally that Allsopp woman tweeted " there's  a whole subset of people out there I never knew existed. Terrifying." Just notice the term she uses "subset". That tells you all you need to know about this whole case.

I once paid good money  to see Allsopp interviewed at the Cheltenham Literature Festival. To imagine she would hold such a vile opinion of me, a member of her audience, for not believing palpable lies - well, it's  a kind of breach of trust. I can't  explain it other than to say I feel duped by her.

Oh, how she agreed with that O Briain about sceptics being "arseholes". "Bless you. I know," she simpered.

Well, I can tell Allsopp this much, this "arsehole" will never be contributing to her income again.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 14.03.17 19:12

Mirage wrote:
Phoebe wrote:Isn't Daire O'Briain's wife Susan a surgeon? Maybe that has a bearing on his attitude?

How can anyone swallow such an improbable story and call others that won't buy it "arseholes" is beyond my understanding.

Incidentally that Allsop woman tweeted " there's  a whole subset of people out there I never knew existed. Terrifying." Just notice the term she uses "subset". That tells you all you need to know about this whole case.

I once paid good money  to see Allsop interviewed at the Cheltenham Literature Festival. To imagine she would hold such a vile opinion of me, a member of her audience, for not believing palpable lies - well, it's  a kind of breach of trust. I can't  explain it other than to say I feel duped by her.

Oh, how she agreed with that O Briain about sceptics being "arseholes". "Bless you. I know," she simpered.

Well, I can tell Allsop this much, this "arsehole" will never be contributing to her income again.
Did they really use that kind of language on daytime tv? I was once told that part of his stage show is an oh so funny account of episiotomy, courtesy of his wife. Such an amusing subject. I fail to be impressed by any of these media darlings, thank God.
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 14.03.17 19:22

Bless you Kirsty !

Opinions​ are​ like​ arseholes , we've all​ got one !

Next time you're​ showing prospective​ house buyers round and they​ disagree with​ your​ gushing view of the house​ don't​ think​ of them​ as a " subset " will you ? 

After all​ they​ pay your​ wages , methinks​ you just Lost a lot of fans pet

Activity : 2377

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 14.03.17 19:30

Cmaryholmes wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Incidentally that Allsop woman tweeted " there's  a whole subset of people out there I never knew existed. Terrifying." Just notice the term she uses "subset". That tells you all you need to know about this whole case.

I once paid good money  to see Allsop interviewed at the Cheltenham Literature Festival. To imagine she would hold such a vile opinion of me, a member of her audience, for not believing palpable lies - well, it's  a kind of breach of trust. I can't  explain it other than to say I feel duped by her.

Well, I can tell Allsop this much, this "arsehole" will never be contributing to her income again.
Did they really use that kind of language on daytime tv? I was once told that part of his stage show is an oh so funny account of episiotomy, courtesy of his wife. Such an amusing subject. I fail to be impressed by any of these media darlings, thank God.
I'm not sure whether it was daytime tv, before/after watershed, but, yes, O B riain used that language to decribe doubters.
Article here:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3084569/kirstie-allsopp-defends-madeleine-mccanns-parents-in-twitter-row-over-their-parenting-skills-after-police-are-given-85000-to-continue-the-search-for-their-daughter/
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by wjk 14.03.17 19:32

I wonder if Dara is an old friend of Kate's from this 2011 awards ceremony?

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/54oct11/BBC_18_10_2011.htm

Poet Laureate Carol Ann Duffy up for Galaxy book prize
HOMEPAGENEWS REPORTS INDEXNEWS OCTOBER 2011
VIDEO - Good Morning Britain - 'Enough is enough' - but the search for Madeleine McCann continues  13 MAR 2017 - Page 2 BBCOriginal Source: BBC: TUESDAY 18 OCTOBER 2011
18 October 2011 Last updated at 09:57

VIDEO - Good Morning Britain - 'Enough is enough' - but the search for Madeleine McCann continues  13 MAR 2017 - Page 2 Bbc181011cad
Carol Ann Duffy is nominated for her collection of verse, The Bees.
Poet Laureate Carol Ann Duffy up for Galaxy book prize
Poet Laureate Carol Ann Duffy is among those shortlisted for the Galaxy National Book Awards 2011.

Also up for UK author of the year are Booker nominees Julian Barnes and Carol Birch, plus Andrea Levy, Anthony Horowitz, and Alan Hollinghurst.

The awards, hosted by Dara O Briain, will be accompanied by six weekly TV programmes on More4.

Dawn French and Terry Pratchett are among those nominated for popular fiction book of the year.

Popular non-fiction titles in the running include Kate McCann's Madeleine, Caitlin Moran's How To Be A Woman and Brian Cox's Wonders of the Universe.

Claire Tomalin's Charles Dickens biography features alongside the likes of Keith Richards' Life and Bear Grylls' Mud Sweat and Tears in the biography and autobiography category.

The awards largely celebrate British authors, with the exception of international author of the year and paperback of the year.

The winners will be revealed at a ceremony in London on 4 November.
VIDEO - Good Morning Britain - 'Enough is enough' - but the search for Madeleine McCann continues  13 MAR 2017 - Page 2 Guestbook
wjk
wjk

Activity : 136

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.03.17 19:41

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kirstie-allsopp-faces-backlash-for-defending-madeleine-mccanns-parents-102528635.html

TV presenter Kirstie Allsopp has faced immense backlash after defending Madeleine McCann’s parents on social media.

The star’s followers, including Luisa Zissman, have spoken out against Kirstie since she made the comments, which came as it was revealed that the search for Maddie has cost taxpayers over £11.1million since she went missing in 2007.

Kirstie has spoken out to defend Maddie’s parents.

It all started when Piers Morgan tweeted to say that the McCann’s had made a “mistake” leaving their children alone in a Portugal hotel room.

Kirstie wrote back: “I disagree, I think it was OK to leave the kids sleeping while the parents were in a restaurant close by & checking frequently.

“Have always though the McCanns did nothing wrong leaving the kids asleep nearby, it’s something people have done worldwide since time began.

Kirstie believes the McCanns did nothing wrong.

“What the McCanns did is perfectly normal all over the world, and people that abuse and castigate grieving parents should be utterly ashamed.”

The star quickly felt the wrath of her followers, who tweeted their own views on leaving children alone in a hotel room:

20h
Kirstie Mary Allsopp ✔ @KirstieMAllsopp
Good to know that if you fail there are so many to judge & condemn you, on the upside great to learn that perfect parents are so numerous.
Follow
Andy Slater @Grossberger101
@KirstieMAllsopp I don't claim to be a perfect parent. I wouldn't leave my daughter asleep and go for a meal. I think that's common sense!
10:14 AM - 14 Mar 2017
 Retweets   12 12 likes

20h
For years Mums & Dads have popped next door to have a cuppa with a neighbour when the kids were in bed or even gone to the pub on the corner
Follow
Steel Dalek @AndyHawley1
@KirstieMAllsopp even when the children in question were two babies and a toddler? Sounds downright irresponsible to me.
10:00 AM - 14 Mar 2017
 Retweets   10 10 likes

20h
For years Mums & Dads have popped next door to have a cuppa with a neighbour when the kids were in bed or even gone to the pub on the corner
Follow
Dobbo @GarryDobbo1
@KirstieMAllsopp maybe rich people who care more about socialising than their kids safety. Oh and who get away with murder when required
9:55 AM - 14 Mar 2017
 1 1 Retweet   18 18 likes

19h
No desire to debate this, I've said my bit and won't be revisiting the topic, shocked by the amount of bile people hold, it isn't healthy.
Follow
loretta hill @lottyh25
@KirstieMAllsopp for a so called intelligent woman you have no common sense whatsoever....
9:52 AM - 14 Mar 2017
 1 1 Retweet   7 7 likes

TV star Luisa Zissman also got involved, writing: “Just guna pop to the shop & leave my kids at home alone in an unlocked house. Is that ok? @KirstieMAllsopp seems 2 think that’s acceptable? [sic]”

However, Kirstie remained defiant, writing: “We cannot live every moment in fear of the tiny, tiny number of evil freaks that sadly exist, parenting has become too fearful.

“For years Mums & Dads have popped next door to have a cuppa with a neighbour when the kids were in bed or even gone to the pub on the corner.

“What I find staggering is the number of people who think that they could never make the wrong choice, because I know I have, often.

Madeleine’s parents have been blasted for leaving their three young children alone.

“Good to know that if you fail there are so many to judge & condemn you, on the upside great to learn that perfect parents are so numerous.”

She then refused to talk about her views any further, concluding with: “No desire to debate this, I’ve said my bit and won’t be revisiting the topic, shocked by the amount of bile people hold, it isn’t healthy.”

Yesterday it was announced that the police will get another £85,000 to support the search for Maddie, prompting nationwide outrage and debate.

5 reactions on Kirstie Allsopp faces backlash for defending Madeleine McCann's parents

Top Reactions

graham8 minutes ago
she went missing because they were missing. if they were there the child would still be here. the saying goes "all is well that ends well". well, it didn't "end well"

Ali Mohammad Kaboom4 minutes ago
Yahoo is consistently removing comments which fail to support the slimy McCanns LOL!!!

mick4 minutes ago
The restaurant was not just next door and there was a baby sitting service that they did not use, why?

AlicePhelps5 minutes ago
Priceless

Nathan6 minutes ago
Someone's received a backhander from the maddie fund to keep this in the news......
------------------------------------

LZ: “Just guna pop to the shop & leave my kids at home alone in an unlocked house. Is that ok? @KirstieMAllsopp seems 2 think that’s acceptable?"

Don't worry L, when you're 'in the dock' on child 'neglect/abandonment' charges, Dara and Kirsty will be right there with you, in the public gallery, in the courtroom, giving 'the beak'...... 'their tuppence worth'

I'm sure THEY will be your first 'visitors' when you're in the 'big house'!

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.03.17 20:16

@ sandancer

Bless you Kirsty !

Opinions​ are​ like​ arseholes , we've all​ got ONE!
-----------------------------

WRONG!

The 'delightful' and 'affluent', not 'effluent', Kirsty has TWO!

ONE she 'poops' out of and the 'other' ONE she 'speaks' out of!

You see, money CAN 'buy' you 'everything'...........even a 'spare' ar*ehole!

ASK Kirsty!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 14.03.17 20:36

I just wonder why Kirsty Allsopp chose to make any comment at all.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 14.03.17 21:38

Exactly aquila,she put in her tuppenceworth then did a runner and won't be making any further comments.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top