The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance - Page 2 Mm11

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance - Page 2 Mm11

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance - Page 2 Regist10

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance

Post by Paddington2007 21.02.17 17:11

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/21/madeleine-mccanns-parents-attack-portuguese-judges-acting-frivolously/

I don't think the Telegraph is particularly sympathetic towards Mr and Mrs McCann, a picture speaks a thousand words! Also the phrasing of the title!
Paddington2007

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance

Post by MayMuse 21.02.17 17:12

Paddington2007 wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/21/madeleine-mccanns-parents-attack-portuguese-judges-acting-frivolously/

I don't think the Telegraph is particularly sympathetic towards Mr and Mrs McCann,  a picture speaks a thousand words! Also the phrasing of the title!
Oooohhh er.....apparently the SC "argument" , "lacked foundation"?

snipped...

Madeleine McCann's parents have accused the judges who ruled against them in their court fight with an ex-police chief of acting "frivolously" and claimed their argument "lacked foundation".
Kate and Gerry McCann made it clear through lawyers that they strongly disagreed with the judges' "erroneous" premise that the lifting of their status as "arguidos" - or formal suspects - did not mean they were innocent of any involvement in their daughter's disappearance in May 2007.

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 21.02.17 17:13

MayMuse wrote:
JRP wrote:I'm not too well up on the law in this country never mind Portugal, but I'm pretty sure a client can't sue his/her solicitor/barrister/legal person in this country for losing a case.
I once threatened a solicitor with writing a letter complaint to the law society, and he gave me a refund of what I'd paid him, and hadn't done, but I think that was more of a good will gesture on his behalf than anything else.
You complain to the Law Society for any misgivings about a solicitor in the UK, I think. 
Then it is in the hands of the Law Society to investigate. 

Open to being corrected.

I didn't complain to the law society, I threatened to, and I received an apology and a refund within days.
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 21.02.17 17:15

JRP wrote:
MayMuse wrote:
JRP wrote:I'm not too well up on the law in this country never mind Portugal, but I'm pretty sure a client can't sue his/her solicitor/barrister/legal person in this country for losing a case.
I once threatened a solicitor with writing a letter complaint to the law society, and he gave me a refund of what I'd paid him, and hadn't done, but I think that was more of a good will gesture on his behalf than anything else.
You complain to the Law Society for any misgivings about a solicitor in the UK, I think. 

Open to being corrected.

I didn't complain to the law society, I threatened to, and I received an apology and a refund within days.
Not "you" in particular,  it is the action that a person makes if not happy with their solicitor... 
YOUR solicitor probably reimbursed you as he would not want to be reported to the Law Society, it is a big deal.

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 21.02.17 17:21

MayMuse wrote:
JRP wrote:
MayMuse wrote:

Open to being corrected.

Not "you" in particular,  it is the action that a person makes if not happy with their solicitor... 
YOUR solicitor probably reimbursed you as he would not want to be reported to the Law Society, it is a big deal.

Yes it is, and I think it's the only reproach a client has with a lawyer. I guess (but don't know for sure) Portugal would have a similar method. So, the Mc's suing Duart isn't likely.
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 21.02.17 19:45

It's surprising IMO that Isabel Duarte did not advise the McCanns against proceeding with the libel case against Amaral on the grounds that the McCanns had been declared innocent by the original investigators when, quite obviously, they were not cleared. 

As a Portuguese lawyer, you might expect her to know the difference between having an arguido status lifted and being declared innocent.

Or maybe, she did advise them but the McCanns were not listening?

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.02.17 19:52

suzyjohnson wrote:It's surprising IMO that Isabel Duarte did not advise the McCanns against proceeding with the libel case against Amaral on the grounds that the McCanns had been declared innocent by the original investigators when, quite obviously, they were not cleared. 

As a Portuguese lawyer, you might expect her to know the difference between having an arguido status lifted and being declared innocent.

Or maybe, she did advise them but the McCanns were not listening?
Didn't she say 'They have filed a complaint rather than I have filed a complaint on behalf of my clients or something along those lines,  which supports what you have just said? I agree I doubt she would advise them to proceed. Very grubby indeed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top