The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"WE" were 'DUPED'! - Page 2 Mm11

"WE" were 'DUPED'! - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"WE" were 'DUPED'! - Page 2 Mm11

"WE" were 'DUPED'! - Page 2 Regist10

"WE" were 'DUPED'!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"WE" were 'DUPED'! - Page 2 Empty Re: "WE" were 'DUPED'!

Post by Joss 24.06.16 4:50

Roxyroo wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:@Roxyroo

"The prisons are full to the brim of child sex offenders and not just men, do u really think they get that hard a time? I know that in the women's nicks they don't bat an eyelid about them I was shocked wen I found this out but its the gods honest truth I.m sorry to say"
------------------------------------------------

NOT sure 'that' is 'true' Roxyroo.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/revenge-possible-motive-killer-mum-kathryn-smith-attacked-prison-1560182

Revenge possible motive as killer mum Kathryn Smith attacked in prison

By Mark Piggott May 15, 2016 17:39 BST

Kathryn Smith was jailed for life after being found guilty of murdering her daughter, Ayeeshia Jane Smith

A mother who stamped her toddler daughter to death has been attacked in prison by two other inmates. Kathryn Smith was jumped at notorious Foston Hall women's prison in Derbyshire and reportedly left with a 2cm slash down her cheek.

An eyewitness to the assault on Smith told the Mirror: "There had been a lot of talk about attacking Smith, but most people wouldn't go through with it as they don't want time added on to their sentences. But these two really went for it and left her in a bad way. No one had any sympathy for Smith. Some staff were saying, 'What goes around comes around.'"

A prison service official denied a weapon had been used in the assault on Smith. The official said disciplinary measures would be taken against those involved. However, the incident is said to have taken place in a stairwell where there was no CCTV monitor.

Smith was sentenced in April 2016 to a minimum 24 years in prison for the murder of her 21-month-old daughter, Ayeeshia. The girl died after being stamped on the chest by Smith in a fit of rage. Smith's partner Matthew Rigby, 22, received three and a half years for allowing Ayeeshia's death.

Killers and abusers of children are often targets for assault in prison and are sometimes kept separate from other inmates. It is unclear why Smith was not segregated when the nature of her offence would have made it likely she would become a possible target for attack.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/two-ex-cons-admit-attacks-7644565#aA7zju1MdpxbdF41.97

Two ex-cons admit attacks on Mikaeel Kular's killer mum Rosdeep Adekoya behind bars

21:30, 28 Mar 2016
Updated 21:46, 28 Mar 2016
ByDavid Taylor

SERIAL offender Jemma Pender and fellow ex-con Meghan Benson attacked Adekoya who became a hate figure after murdering her son Mikaeel, 3, at their Edinburgh home in 2014.

My friend got three years. She told me EXACTLY what goes on, so it IS true, I.m sorry to say!
Yes attacks happen, but the cons get paid for their stories so sensationalism abounds!
Could you clarify what exactly is true? TIA.
If a child killer gets attacked in prison yes it does happen if someone wants to get them bad enough. But anyway who would want to protect someone like that when they have murdered a helpless child? It's no wonder other prisoners hate them.

Child Killer Found Murdered in Prison
Police are investigating the suspected murder of child killer Colin Hatch at one of Britain’s most secure prisons.
Hatch, 38, of north London, died at the maximum-security Full Sutton jail near York on Tuesday, police said. Post-mortem tests will be carried out later.
https://psychowatcher.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/child-killer-found-murdered-in-prison/

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 24.06.16 11:49

Joss wrote:
Roxyroo wrote:

"The prisons are full to the brim of child sex offenders and not just men, do u really think they get that hard a time? I know that in the women's nicks they don't bat an eyelid about them I was shocked wen I found this out but its the gods honest truth I.m sorry to say"

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/revenge-possible-motive-killer-mum-kathryn-smith-attacked-prison-1560182

Kathryn Smith was jailed for life after being found guilty of murdering her daughter, Ayeeshia Jane Smith

A mother who stamped her toddler daughter to death has been attacked in prison by two other inmates. Kathryn Smith was jumped at notorious Foston Hall women's prison in Derbyshire and reportedly left with a 2cm slash down her cheek.

An eyewitness to the assault on Smith told the Mirror: "There had been a lot of talk about attacking Smith, but most people wouldn't go through with it as they don't want time added on to their sentences. But these two really went for it and left her in a bad way. No one had any sympathy for Smith. Some staff were saying, 'What goes around comes around.'"

A prison service official denied a weapon had been used in the assault on Smith. The official said disciplinary measures would be taken against those involved. However, the incident is said to have taken place in a stairwell where there was no CCTV monitor.

Smith was sentenced in April 2016 to a minimum 24 years in prison for the murder of her 21-month-old daughter, Ayeeshia. The girl died after being stamped on the chest by Smith in a fit of rage. Smith's partner Matthew Rigby, 22, received three and a half years for allowing Ayeeshia's death.

Killers and abusers of children are often targets for assault in prison and are sometimes kept separate from other inmates. It is unclear why Smith was not segregated when the nature of her offence would have made it likely she would become a possible target for attack.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/two-ex-cons-admit-attacks-7644565#aA7zju1MdpxbdF41.97

Two ex-cons admit attacks on Mikaeel Kular's killer mum Rosdeep Adekoya behind bars

ByDavid Taylor

SERIAL offender Jemma Pender and fellow ex-con Meghan Benson attacked Adekoya who became a hate figure after murdering her son Mikaeel, 3, at their Edinburgh home in 2014.

My friend got three years. She told me EXACTLY what goes on, so it IS true, I.m sorry to say!
Yes attacks happen, but the cons get paid for their stories so sensationalism abounds!
If a child killer gets attacked in prison yes it does happen if someone wants to get them bad enough. But anyway who would want to protect someone like that when they have murdered a helpless child? It's no wonder other prisoners hate them.

Police are investigating the suspected murder of child killer Colin Hatch at one of Britain’s most secure prisons.
Hatch, 38, of north London, died at the maximum-security Full Sutton jail near York on Tuesday, police said. Post-mortem tests will be carried out later.
https://psychowatcher.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/child-killer-found-murdered-in-prison/

Just what I said, my pal was in the nick, she told me child murderers, sex offenders mix with the rest as there's so many now its impossible to segregate them all. Obviously the ones who are exposed in the media are protected, but she said that the rest don't as u don't have to tell anyone what you're in for. She told me an awful story about finding out some woman she.d liked turned out to be a sex offender, after the woman had lied and said she was just in for fines. This is in Scotland tho where there's only been one female jail up until recently x

Roxyroo
Roxyroo

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 24.06.16 13:43

Roxyroo wrote:
Joss wrote:

Just what I said, my pal was in the nick, she told me child murderers, sex offenders mix with the rest as there's so many now its impossible to segregate them all. Obviously the ones who are exposed in the media are protected, but she said that the rest don't as u don't have to tell anyone what you're in for. She told me an awful story about finding out some woman she.d liked turned out to be a sex offender, after the woman had lied and said she was just in for fines. This is in Scotland tho where there's only been one female jail up until recently x

Thanks for the clarification. Must of been a scary experience for your friend.

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 24.06.16 13:48

Maybe I should change the 'title' of this topic to "WE were NOT DUPED" re: 'the 'threats' of 'leaving the EU' from CameRUN and his 'chums'! big grin
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 24.06.16 13:49

Roxyroo wrote:
Joss wrote:
Roxyroo wrote:

ByDavid Taylor

"Armed robber Damien Fowkes, 36, who was already serving a life term, slashed Ian Huntley's throat in Durham's Frankland Jail in March 2010.  He also strangled child killer Colin Hatch with strips of bedding at Full Sutton Prison near York....." 

So no easy ride for people who harm children.  Huntley was attacked quite a few times I believe.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 24.06.16 14:13

jeanmonroe wrote:Maybe I should change the 'title' of this topic to "WE were NOT DUPED" re: 'the 'threats' of 'leaving the EU' from CameRUN and his 'chums'! big grin  
Yes jean, we are undupable!

Which is why we are Kate and Gerry McCann's worst nightmare. bomb
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 24.06.16 16:54

I.m not saying attacks don't happen and neither am I saying they don't get a deservedly bad time. The high profile cases obviously get segregated for their own protection, but to me they should all be hung for hurting a child that way, BUT I was shocked when my pal pointed a female sex offender out to me in the visiting room, and I then felt like leaving! She looked like a normal middle class mum! But that's what these beasts rely on, they don't have horns growing out their heads for you to tell who's what or not.x
Roxyroo
Roxyroo

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 30.07.16 18:21

Murder of Ellie Butler by dad Ben Butler warrants public inquiry, says south London coroner Selena Lynch

2 days ago / Sean Morrison, Reporter – Sutton

A coroner has said she believes a public inquiry or inquest should be held into the murder of six-year-old Ellie Butler.

Selena Lynch, senior coroner for south London, held a preliminary hearing this afternoon to consider whether to investigate the circumstances surrounding the little girl’s death at the hands of her father in 2013.

Ben Butler was jailed for life last month for beating Ellie to death in a fit of rage at their home in Westover Close, Belmont, but last week it emerged he was appealing his conviction.

At a hearing at Croydon Coroner’s Court, Ms Lynch said she believed a judge’s decision to return Ellie to the custody of her parents 11 months before she died, and the family’s involvement with social workers, merited an investigation.

But she said her hands were tied until Butler’s appeal had run its course.

Ms Lynch said: “I don't think I am in a position to make any order at the moment. We just have to wait now and see what happens in the criminal court.”

But she added: "I am mindful that the clock is ticking. It is not just the sibling suffering all of this, it is the wider family.”

Ellie's grandfather, Neal Gray, has urged for a public inquiry into a 2012 family court ruling by Mrs Justice Hogg, who allowed Ellie to return to her parents after Butler’s conviction for shaking her as a baby was overturned.

Speaking after today’s review hearing, the 70-year-old said: “I am really grateful to the coroner for having this meeting today.

"I am deeply concerned about the decisions made in the family court that led to Ellie being placed in such a dangerous situation.

"My aim is to get answers and make sure that lessons are learned so that this cannot happen to another child.”

Following Butler's conviction for murder, Sutton Safeguarding Children Board published a serious case review which found Mrs Justice Hogg’s decision left social services powerless to intervene to prevent Ellie's death.

A Sutton Council spokesman said: “We will fully cooperate with the course of action the coroner decides to take.

“We support the findings and recommendations of the independent serious case review carried out on behalf of Sutton's Safeguarding Children Board.”

Ms Lynch gave no indication of when she would decide whether to reopen the inquest, which would a highly unusual move for a case in which someone has been convicted of causing a person’s death.

But she stressed that the idea currently remained “premature”.

http://www.suttonguardian.co.uk/NEWS/14649396.Murder_of_six_year_old_Ellie_Butler_warrants_public_inquiry__says_coroner/
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.08.16 21:04

I've looked everywhere on the forum for an appropriate thread to stick this - that is not an open invitation!  Never seen it before..

CBBC newsround:  16th May 2007

[Note:  CBBC is a BBC children's television strand aimed for older children aged from 6 to 12]

Madeleine suspect defends himself

"WE" were 'DUPED'! - Page 2 _42910905_mad416_pa

The British man who was questioned by police in Portugal about Madeleine McCann has said he was not involved with her disappearance.

Robert Murat, 33, was questioned for 12 hours over missing Madeleine and his mother's home was searched.

Mr Murat's cousin, Sally Eveleigh, spoke to BBC reporters for him as Portuguese law says that he can't talk to the media direct.
Sally said: "His whole life's fallen apart from being over-enthusiastic."

Click here to get advice on dealing with upsetting news

She added: "He was trying to help people as he always does - that's his way."

Mr Murat said he was helping English and Portuguese speakers talk to each other and said he knows nothing about how Madeleine went missing.

More help

Madeleine disappeared from her holiday apartment in Portugal 13 days ago while her mum and dad were out.
Earlier, the four-year-old's aunt, Philomena McCann, said top politician Gordon Brown had offered "practical help" in the hunt for her niece.

Yellow ribbons
Many MPs in the House of Commons wore yellow ribbons that have become a sign of hope that Madeleine will be found soon.

"WE" were 'DUPED'! - Page 2 _42932205_phil_getty203
Phil McCann took a big photo of Madeleine to the Houses of Parliament
Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott - standing in for Tony Blair at Prime Minister's Question Time - will meet Madeleine's aunt later.

He told the House of Commons: "I'm sure that the thoughts of the whole House will be with them at this terrible time."
Later on Wednesday, other family members are to launch a fund at the Walkers Stadium in Leicester to help cover the cost of rising legal bills.

"Extremely rare"
Simon Calder, a travel expert, says it is important to remember that disappearances like this are very rare.
He said: "Of course, everyone is terribly sad about what's been happening in Portugal and I can understand children thinking, 'I'm not really sure I want to go on holiday'.
"WE" were 'DUPED'! - Page 2 _42932979_simoncalder203
Simon Calder
"But actually it's extremely rare that any harm will come to you," he added.
Mr Calder continued: "On every day, on average, 100,000 British people go abroad on lovely family holidays and come back just with happy memories."

How has Madeleine's disappearance affected you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_6650000/newsid_6657200/6657231.stm

I find it unbelievable that innocent children are encouraged to think about and comment on a missing three years old strangers child.  Children should be allowed to be children and be protected from the evils of society as far as possible.  Who on earth thought it appropriate to introduce the subject to children's television, particularly during an active police investigation and only a few days after Madeleine's disappearance.

Is it me?

Please move if necessary.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 02.08.16 21:53

Oh I dunno Verdi, Gerry couldn't contain himself in his blog and had to give a clue to the J.K. Rowling connection with the bookmark stuff....and then there was the rejected cinema adverts that were in the poorest of taste.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13387

Back to top Go down

"WE" were 'DUPED'! - Page 2 Empty Ellie Butler family court judge may be called to 'inevitable' inquest

Post by Doug D 30.11.16 11:17

‘May be called’ but couldn’t ‘be compelled’.

So presumably this would change if it became a public enquiry.

…………………………….

Ellie Butler family court judge may be called to 'inevitable' inquest

Dame Mary Hogg, who ruled that girl should be returned to father who later murdered her, could be asked to give evidence

Diane Taylor
Tuesday 29 November 2016 14.35 GMT

The family court judge who ruled that Ellie Butler should be returned to her violent father, who subsequently murdered her, could be required to give evidence at an inquest into the six-year-old’s death, a coroner has said.

At a hearing at Croydon coroner’s court into whether to reopen the inquest into Ellie’s death, senior coroner Selena Lynch said the role of the family court played a key part in the case, and that the judge, Dame Mary Hogg, could be asked to attend.

“My feeling is that the resumption of the inquest is inevitable because there has been a breach of the article 2 (of the Human Rights Act) duty to protect life,” Lynch said.

She added that any investigation of the judiciary raised constitutional issues. She also highlighted the difficulty of a more junior court investigating a higher one.

“How can I investigate a superior court?” Lynch asked.

“The coroner has the power to summon witnesses and compel evidence of investigations. The Ministry of Justice and Mrs Justice Hogg could be required to attend. There is nothing in law to prevent them from being required to attend but a judge would not be compellable,.”

The coroner added that the scope of the inquest would be wide ranging. As well as engaging with the family court she requested evidence from the social workers at Sutton council, the independent social workers from Services For Children (S4C) who supervised Ellie’s return to her parents, the two schools the child attended, her paediatrician, her GP as well as the two hospitals (Chelsea & Westminster and St Helier) where her mother, Jennie Gray, attended after violence from her partner, Ben Butler.

Lynch said she would be exploring systemic issues about information-sharing and recording, the framework of cooperation between independent social workers and the council, the lack of communication in relation to putting together the bigger picture in relation to Ellie and identifying the risk to her.

Lynch said she favoured a public inquiry rather than an inquest to look at the issues arising from Ellie’s death because they were so wide ranging. However, no decision has yet been made about that and the coroner instructed Sutton social services, the S4C social workers and Ellie’s schools and GP to submit reports to her within 56 days.

As far as involving the family court in the inquest, Lynch said she intended to write directly to the secretary of state and would invite Ministry of Justice to engage directly with the coroner’s court.

She added that there were ongoing discussions between the president of the family court, Sir James Munby, and officials involved with the serious case review into Ellie’s death.

The girl’s grandfather Neal Gray welcomed Tuesday’s developments, saying: “I’m pleased things are moving forward, I don’t mind which way things are done, either by an inquest or a public inquiry, as long as the truth comes out about the role of the individuals and organisations involved with Ellie before she was murdered.”

It emerged last week that Jennie Gray had lodged an out of time appeal against her conviction for child cruelty towards Ellie. The coroner said on Thursday that Ben Butler had also lodged appeal papers but that these had been returned for technical reasons.

Butler, 36, was jailed for life with a minimum term of 23 years in June for murdering Ellie. Gray was sentenced to 42 months for child cruelly and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/29/ellie-bulter-inquest-could-call-family-court-judge-to-give-evidence-coroner-father-murder?CMP=share_btn_tw
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 30.11.16 11:27

Verdi wrote:I've looked everywhere on the forum for an appropriate thread to stick this - that is not an open invitation!  Never seen it before..

[Note:  CBBC is a BBC children's television strand aimed for older children aged from 6 to 12]

The British man who was questioned by police in Portugal about Madeleine McCann has said he was not involved with her disappearance.

Robert Murat, 33, was questioned for 12 hours over missing Madeleine and his mother's home was searched.

Mr Murat's cousin, Sally Eveleigh, spoke to BBC reporters for him as Portuguese law says that he can't talk to the media direct.

Mr Murat said he was helping English and Portuguese speakers talk to each other and said he knows nothing about how Madeleine went missing.

More help

Madeleine disappeared from her holiday apartment in Portugal 13 days ago while her mum and dad were out.
Earlier, the four-year-old's aunt, Philomena McCann, said top politician Gordon Brown had offered "practical help" in the hunt for her niece.

Yellow ribbons
Many MPs in the House of Commons wore yellow ribbons that have become a sign of hope that Madeleine will be found soon.

Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott - standing in for Tony Blair at Prime Minister's Question Time - will meet Madeleine's aunt later.

He told the House of Commons: "I'm sure that the thoughts of the whole House will be with them at this terrible time."
Later on Wednesday, other family members are to launch a fund at the Walkers Stadium in Leicester to help cover the cost of rising legal bills.

"Extremely rare"
Simon Calder, a travel expert, says it is important to remember that disappearances like this are very rare.
He said: "Of course, everyone is terribly sad about what's been happening in Portugal and I can understand children thinking, 'I'm not really sure I want to go on holiday'.
Simon Calder
Mr Calder continued: "On every day, on average, 100,000 British people go abroad on lovely family holidays and come back just with happy memories."

I find it unbelievable that innocent children are encouraged to think about and comment on a missing three years old strangers child.  Children should be allowed to be children and be protected from the evils of society as far as possible.  Who on earth thought it appropriate to introduce the subject to children's television, particularly during an active police investigation and only a few days after Madeleine's disappearance.

Is it me?

Not appropriate  Verdi I agree and in Murats cousins words OVER ENTHUSIASTIC on so many levels!  bignono

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.12.16 12:44

MayMuse wrote:
Verdi wrote:I've looked everywhere on the forum for an appropriate thread to stick this - that is not an open invitation!  Never seen it before..

More help

Yellow ribbons

"Extremely rare"
Simon Calder

Is it me?

Not appropriate  Verdi I agree and in Murats cousins words OVER ENTHUSIASTIC on so many levels!  bignono
It might be interesting to note..

CBBC Headquarters:

BBC Television Center (1985-2011)

MediaCityUK Salford, (2011-present)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBBC

Now let me think - who do we know from MediaCityUK Salford that has been heavily involved with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann? 

"WE" were 'DUPED'! - Page 2 Jon-Corner

Jon Corner - Director of MediaCityUK

Small world innit?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 01.12.16 12:52

Verdi wrote:
MayMuse wrote:

More help

Yellow ribbons

"Extremely rare"
Simon Calder

Is it me?

It might be interesting to note..

CBBC Headquarters:

BBC Television Center (1985-2011)

MediaCityUK Salford, (2011-present)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBBC

Now let me think - who do we know from MediaCityUK Salford that has been heavily involved with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann? 

"WE" were 'DUPED'! - Page 2 Jon-Corner

Jon Corner - Director of MediaCityUK

Small world innit?
Tiny very tiny 

On 3 September 2007, the CSO studio was dropped in a relaunch which saw a small studio set built in TC12.[14][15] As part of the relaunch, new logos, presenters and idents were introduced. The design of the new 'office' set has been compared to the original 'broom cupboard', though unlike the 'broom cupboard' the 'office' is not a functioning continuity suite. CBBC presentation originated from Studio HQ5 at MediaCityUK in Salford Quays for the first time on Monday 5 September 2011 as part of the relocation of the BBC's Children's department (incorporating both CBBC and CBeebies).

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top