The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 32 Mm11

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 32 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 32 Mm11

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 32 Regist10

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.

Page 32 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 32 Empty Re: The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.

Post by plebgate 12.06.16 0:56

Shouldn't that be in your opinion or can you show clear evidene that what you say is correct?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 32 Empty Re: The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.

Post by whodunit 12.06.16 0:57

plebgate wrote:As dottyaussie asked where is the statement in the files from Mrs. Fenn's niece Carol given on 8th May, 2007 ?

We all know that not everything has been released or do you definitely know that there is nothing in the withheld files about these statements?

Do you know that there is??? Seems to me they couldn't even identify the officer from Reading who took the phantom statement!! If they couldn't find the officer it stands to reason they couldn't find the statement!!
whodunit
whodunit

Activity : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 12.06.16 0:59

plebgates wrote:Shouldn't that be in your opinion or can you show clear evidene that what you say is correct?
 No. It should be beyond dispute that the value of evidence which cannot be produced is precisely nil
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 12.06.16 1:00

HiDeHo wrote:The translator was likely Gaynor de Jesus who apparently translated for the police and Sky news?

Apparently David Pilditch had 'indirect conversations' with the police via the two journalists.  If he needed more information on something they could sometimes relay the answer.

Other info was discovered by talking to people to get an idea of the lines of inquiry that the police were following/asking confirmed by several people.

I see nothing to suggest he was finding this info (August 17th etc) from what is suggested was spread by TM.
The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 32 1393905061_flag_0

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 12.06.16 1:03

Holy cow I just don't know man, I just don't know... beware
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 12.06.16 1:03

whodunit wrote:
plebgate wrote:As dottyaussie asked where is the statement in the files from Mrs. Fenn's niece Carol given on 8th May, 2007 ?

We all know that not everything has been released or do you definitely know that there is nothing in the withheld files about these statements?

Do you know that there is??? Seems to me they couldn't even identify the officer from Reading who took the statement!! If they couldn't find the officer it stands to reason they couldn't find the statement!!
Maybe this will help

snipped from dottyaussies post further up thread:

@dottyaussie wrote:@ Verdi

DC1485'Okay Carole. I have read your statement from the 8th of May, 2007, more or less one week after you saw the individual. It would be easier if you read the statement yourself and tell me if there is anything you want to add.

Also

During the interview, Carole TRANMER provided the following evidence:
CT/10 ' Outline of Ocean Club apartment block 
CT/11 ' Outline of the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz
CT/12 ' A photograph taken from the terrace of apartment 5G on Sunday, the 29th of April, 2007
At 11h10 of this same day I collected three pieces of evidence from Carole Tranmer. This statement was made by me and is truthful in accordance with my belief and understanding. 

As I was asking before where is this first statement and evidence CT/10, 11 and 12 ?
Maybe if you read the thread before posting things will become clearer.

I do not intend responding to you again as it seems to me that you are still a bit peeved about the substitute child theory I posted about (imo of course).

I may have missed it and pardon me if I have but has Verdi replied to dottyaussie's question?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 12.06.16 1:04

whodunit wrote:

Do you know that there is??? Seems to me they couldn't even identify the officer from Reading who took the phantom statement!! If they couldn't find the officer it stands to reason they couldn't find the statement!!
So now we have phantom DCIs asking questions?

Whaaat?

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 12.06.16 1:12

Verdi wrote:Reverting to my recent comment about the authenticity of Carole Tranmer's alleged unseen statement taken by an unnamed police officer in May 2007 and the subsequent alleged visit by someone said to be from Reading, Mrs Tranmer's rogatory interview continues thus..

DC1485'What did he do'

CT'He, well, he assigned a document to confirm that I was correct but it was all on computer and'humm'he took it back to Reading.

DC1485'He was from Reading'

CT'He worked for the Reading Police, so I assumed he was legitimate.

DC1485'Did he leave a card or another contact'

CT'Humm...

DC1485'Is the name recognisable'

CT'No, but it was all noted by the Police in Reading.

DC1485'Where did they go'

CT'They, they went to my office.

DC1485'They went to your office'

CT'Yes.

DC1485'How many of them were there'

CT'Only one, with a laptop.

DC1485'I am not suggesting that he, he'

CT'I was going to say that, I hope he was legitimate, this was a long time ago.

DC1485'Yes, I am not suggesting this, simply, I want you to help me find him.

CT'I, I do not remember his name, humm.

DC1485'You told me that he was young'

CT'Yes, a young person.

DC1485'He was in his youth'

CT'Well, a computer genious, but not one of those weird looking ones, you know'hum, very much younger'humm, he was around 25 or something.

Dc1485'Okay.

CT'Dark hair, hum'short, yes, I remember that he was very short, humm'and was only'

DC1485'You have a fantastic memory, did you know that'

CT' (laughs) Perhaps this has something to do with my past, because I was working, hummm'my other organisation was, hummm'called Reading because it was all organized by them.

DC1485'Good, I will ask you to contact us first, unless you have a preference'

CT'I can check in my agenda when I get home.

DC1485'And call me after or'

DC1485'I keep all my appointments and if there is anything, because when I was working, I was better organised compared to when I do nothing.

DC1485'Okay.

CT'Perhaps there is something about his name.

DC1485'Because he must have said his name and the visit and you may have made a note in your agenda.

CT'I would have noted it as I had to also book the room.

DC1485'Yes.

CT'I remember this, yes....
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CAROL_TRANMER.htm

According to this interview, there should have been a follow-up communication which I don't think has ever been revealed.

It would appear from this interview that the visit from Reading for Carol Tranmer to help with an identi-kit was unconfirmed.  Could that also be the situation with the statement said to have been taken on 8th May 2007?  Is this the reason why Carol Tranmer was interviewed by rogatory?

I hope this is clear.  I've tried to cut out anything that doesn't directly address my point but the interview is not very clear.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 12.06.16 1:14

Verdi wrote:
pennylane wrote:The PJ must have had bi-lingual detective/s to hand from the onset, or nothing would have gotten off the ground surely.
Possible of course but I think highly unlikely.  Think if the same situation arose in the UK and it was a Portuguese national who lost a child.  I doubt if Leicester police (for example) would have a bi-lingual English/Portuguese officer on duty.

It was not until about 11.10pm that two policemen arrived from the nearest town, Lagos, about five miles away. To me they seemed bewildered and out of their depth, and I couldn’t shake the images of Tweedledum and Tweedledee out of my head. I realize how unfair this might sound, but with communication hampered by the language barrier and precious time passing, their presence did not fill me with confidence at all....

A lady called Sílvia, who worked at the Ocean Club, had arrived to help out with translation. We learned later that she was the maintenance and services manager. I remember her telling methat she had two grown-up daughters herself. She was very kind and I was glad of her help and support.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

It should be noted that this is the same Silvia Baptista who allegedly advised the McCanns to use the Ocean Club night child care service.
If something is possible then it cannot be ruled out.  

To even think that police would turn up at a serious crime scene without translators or police officers who could speak English cannot be taken seriously I would suggest.

Edited to add:  you have quoted the above from madeleine by KATE MCCANN  and we all know what you think of anything KATE MCCANN has to say verdi.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 12.06.16 1:16

plebgate wrote:
whodunit wrote:

Do you know that there is??? Seems to me they couldn't even identify the officer from Reading who took the statement!! If they couldn't find the officer it stands to reason they couldn't find the statement!!
Maybe this will help

DC1485'Okay Carole. I have read your statement from the 8th of May, 2007, more or less one week after you saw the individual. It would be easier if you read the statement yourself and tell me if there is anything you want to add.

Also

CT/12 ' A photograph taken from the terrace of apartment 5G on Sunday, the 29th of April, 2007
At 11h10 of this same day I collected three pieces of evidence from Carole Tranmer. This statement was made by me and is truthful in accordance with my belief and understanding. 

As I was asking before where is this first statement and evidence CT/10, 11 and 12 ?

I do not intend responding to you again as it seems to me that you are still a bit peeved about the substitute child theory I posted about (imo of course).

I may have missed it and pardon me if I have but has Verdi replied to dottyaussie's question?

This is in reference to someone Ms. Tranmer saw  fiddling with the gate and has nothing to do with a crying incident, correct? This is someone she saw so well she produced an identi kit which cannot now be found, correct?
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 12.06.16 1:20

plebgate wrote:
Verdi wrote:
pennylane wrote:The PJ must have had bi-lingual detective/s to hand from the onset, or nothing would have gotten off the ground surely.
Possible of course but I think highly unlikely.  Think if the same situation arose in the UK and it was a Portuguese national who lost a child.  I doubt if Leicester police (for example) would have a bi-lingual English/Portuguese officer on duty.

It was not until about 11.10pm that two policemen arrived from the nearest town, Lagos, about five miles away. To me they seemed bewildered and out of their depth, and I couldn’t shake the images of Tweedledum and Tweedledee out of my head. I realize how unfair this might sound, but with communication hampered by the language barrier and precious time passing, their presence did not fill me with confidence at all....

A lady called Sílvia, who worked at the Ocean Club, had arrived to help out with translation. We learned later that she was the maintenance and services manager. I remember her telling methat she had two grown-up daughters herself. She was very kind and I was glad of her help and support.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

It should be noted that this is the same Silvia Baptista who allegedly advised the McCanns to use the Ocean Club night child care service.

To even think that police would turn up at a serious crime scene without translators or police officers who could speak English cannot be taken seriously I would suggest.

Edited to add:  you have quoted the above from madeleine by KATE MCCANN  and we all know what you think of anything KATE MCCANN has to say verdi.
laugh this is true!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 12.06.16 1:21

whodunit wrote:
Verdi wrote:Reverting to my recent comment about the authenticity of Carole Tranmer's alleged unseen statement taken by an unnamed police officer in May 2007 and the subsequent alleged visit by someone said to be from Reading, Mrs Tranmer's rogatory interview continues thus..

DC1485'What did he do'

CT'He, well, he assigned a document to confirm that I was correct but it was all on computer and'humm'he took it back to Reading.

DC1485'He was from Reading'

CT'He worked for the Reading Police, so I assumed he was legitimate.

DC1485'Did he leave a card or another contact'

CT'Humm...

DC1485'Is the name recognisable'

CT'No, but it was all noted by the Police in Reading.

DC1485'Where did they go'

CT'They, they went to my office.

DC1485'They went to your office'

CT'Yes.

DC1485'How many of them were there'

CT'Only one, with a laptop.

DC1485'I am not suggesting that he, he'

CT'I was going to say that, I hope he was legitimate, this was a long time ago.

DC1485'Yes, I am not suggesting this, simply, I want you to help me find him.

CT'I, I do not remember his name, humm.

DC1485'You told me that he was young'

CT'Yes, a young person.

DC1485'He was in his youth'

CT'Well, a computer genious, but not one of those weird looking ones, you know'hum, very much younger'humm, he was around 25 or something.

Dc1485'Okay.

CT'Dark hair, hum'short, yes, I remember that he was very short, humm'and was only'

DC1485'You have a fantastic memory, did you know that'

CT' (laughs) Perhaps this has something to do with my past, because I was working, hummm'my other organisation was, hummm'called Reading because it was all organized by them.

DC1485'Good, I will ask you to contact us first, unless you have a preference'

CT'I can check in my agenda when I get home.

DC1485'And call me after or'

DC1485'I keep all my appointments and if there is anything, because when I was working, I was better organised compared to when I do nothing.

DC1485'Okay.

CT'Perhaps there is something about his name.

DC1485'Because he must have said his name and the visit and you may have made a note in your agenda.

CT'I would have noted it as I had to also book the room.

DC1485'Yes.

CT'I remember this, yes....
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CAROL_TRANMER.htm

According to this interview, there should have been a follow-up communication which I don't think has ever been revealed.

It would appear from this interview that the visit from Reading for Carol Tranmer to help with an identi-kit was unconfirmed.  Could that also be the situation with the statement said to have been taken on 8th May 2007?  Is this the reason why Carol Tranmer was interviewed by rogatory?

I hope this is clear.  I've tried to cut out anything that doesn't directly address my point but the interview is not very clear.
@verdi  -  carol-tranmer did not deny having given a statement on 8th May 2007 did she in the above?

What is possible cannot be ruled out.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 12.06.16 1:22

Verdi wrote:
plebgate wrote:
Verdi wrote:

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

laugh this is true!
It is true and glad we can have a laugh.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 12.06.16 1:45

@plebgate wrote:  carol-tranmer did not deny having given a statement on 8th May 2007 did she in the above?

No, nor did she deny helping the mysterious man from Reading to produce an identi-kit. 

I get the impression that DC Messiah was far from convinced by the authenticity of this Reading man;  in the absence of documented evidence, the alleged statement of 8th May 2007 could also be questioned.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 12.06.16 1:46

Mrs Fenn spoken to when the dogs were brought in....?

Are we supposed to believe and presume that because it is not documented that it didn't happen?
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 12.06.16 1:52

whodunit wrote:
Verdi wrote:
HiDeHo wrote:The translator was likely Gaynor de Jesus who apparently translated for the police and Sky news?

Apparently David Pilditch had 'indirect conversations' with the police via the two journalists.  If he needed more information on something they could sometimes relay the answer.

Other info was discovered by talking to people to get an idea of the lines of inquiry that the police were following/asking confirmed by several people.

I see nothing to suggest he was finding this info (August 17th etc) from what is suggested was spread by TM.
The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 32 1393905061_flag_0

Holy cow I just don't know man, I just don't know... beware
It's not looking healthy is it?

Sky News part of the Murdoch empire.

PJ suspected that Sky News were contacted on the night of 3rd May 2007 before the police.

The curious documented telephone conversation between Robert Murat, his mother Jenny Murat and Martin Brunt of Sky News.

Martin Brunt of Sky News professionally and/or personally involved in the notorious troll dossier that allegedly led to the demise of Brenda Leyland.

Sky News, prolific reporters of all things McCann over a period of nine years.

I can go on but I'll leave that for a more appropriate occasion.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Judex 12.06.16 2:06

"Martin Brunt of Sky News professionally and/or personally involved in the notorious troll dossier that allegedly led to the demise of Brenda Leyland."

Allegedly?

Brunt and Sky's unjustified and unforgivable actions clearly and demonstrably led to the tragic DEATH of Brenda Leyland.  Fact.  
Judex

Activity : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 12.06.16 2:41

Apart from an overall disbelief of anything, I see nothing so far that indicates any proof that Mrs Fenn was coerced into saying anything by TM...

I see the files... I see what has been written in the media and it is all very logical under the circumstances...

For me to believe that Mrs Fenn was coerced by TM I would need proof...just as media reports to say she WAS spoken to by police are not considered proof... I would like facts to show that she was never spoken to by the police prior to her Aug 20th statement and that David Pilditch quotes from a friend are not true and are based on something started by TM...

Mrs Fenn deserves to be considered credible unless/until someone proved facts to disprove....

Mrs Fenn did not claim in her statement that Kate was  out of control and violent and THAT is what she appears to be claiming is rubbish...
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 12.06.16 8:12

Verdi wrote:@plebgate wrote:  carol-tranmer did not deny having given a statement on 8th May 2007 did she in the above?

No, nor did she deny helping the mysterious man from Reading to produce an identi-kit. 

I get the impression that DC Messiah was far from convinced by the authenticity of this Reading man;  in the absence of documented evidence, the alleged statement of 8th May 2007 could also be questioned.
Yes verdi it could be questioned but it wasn't or can you show me that it was.   

The "phantom" cop clearly stated that she made a statement on 8th May, 2007.  She did not say she didn't and equally there is nothing to show that she denied making a statement when interviewed rog.    Therefore imo there could well be a statement from her of that date.

So until there is clear evidence and not "could be" I still am of the opinion that Mrs. Fenn is genuine and for now stick by my previous post up thread.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 12.06.16 8:13

HiDeHo wrote:Mrs Fenn spoken to when the dogs were brought in....?

Are we supposed to believe and presume that because it is not documented that it didn't happen?
Good point.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 12.06.16 8:16

HiDeHo wrote:Apart from an overall disbelief of anything, I see nothing so far that indicates any proof that Mrs Fenn was coerced into saying anything by TM...

I see the files... I see what has been written in the media and it is all very logical under the circumstances...

For me to believe that Mrs Fenn was coerced by TM I would need proof...just as media reports to say she WAS spoken to by police are not considered proof... I would like facts to show that she was never spoken to by the police prior to her Aug 20th statement and that David Pilditch quotes from a friend are not true and are based on something started by TM...

Mrs Fenn deserves to be considered credible unless/until someone proved facts to disprove....

Mrs Fenn did not claim in her statement that Kate was  out of control and violent and THAT is what she appears to be claiming is rubbish...
I agree but am not saying that I wouldn't change my view if evidence was produced showing that Mrs. Fenn was not genuine.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 12.06.16 10:09

Both Carole Tranmer and DC Ivor Messiah had hard copy of Tranmer's 8 May statement infront of them during her rogatory. In fact, they record corrections to her arrival date and the days she visited her aunt in Luz.

The Tranmer 8 May statement has to stand unless the rogatory is to be discounted.

Another interesting bit of info I've just come across is that Sky's weather woman, Jo Wheeler, back in 2007, was living in Luz (she apparently lived there for 7 years with her husband and children and commuted back to London). When Sky became aware of Madeleine's 'disappearance they instructed her to act as their woman on the ground BEFORE the Sky journalists arrived from London - how early on was she instructed?

The comment Martin Brunt makes to Jenny Murat almost straight away in the Murat/Brunt phone call also intrigues me:

JM - 'It wasn't very nice of Sky News to refer to him as arguido, don't you think?'

MB - 'Hmmm, I didn't see that. I was up at our house. What are they saying with regard to that?

Has it been established that Brunt has a home in Luz? From the call, as pointed out by others, it would seem he is very familiar with both Jenny and Robert.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie 12.06.16 10:48

plebgate wrote:
whodunit wrote:

Maybe this will help

Also

Thank you Plebgate and Skyrocket

As is perfectly clear in Carole Tranmer's statement here, DC1485 and Carole Tranmer are reading and correcting a statement she gave on 8th May 2007. Not an alleged statement. As DC1485 states :

DC1485 "Okay Carole I have read your statement from 8th May 2007"

As is also perfectly clear in Carole Tranmer's statement here, she provided Evidence CT10 'Outline of Ocean Club Apartment Block
Also perfectly clear in Carole Tranmer's statement here, she provided Evidence CT11 'Outline of Ocean Club in Praia da Luz
Also perfectly clear in Carole Tranmer's statement here, she provided Evidence CT12 ' A photograph taken from the terrace of Apartment 5G on Sunday 29th April.

Without quoting from other parts of this statement that Carole Tranmer made on 22 April 2008 can ANYONE answer the question:

Where is the statement that Carole Tranmer AND DC1485 said she made on 8th May 2007 ?
Where is the evidence that Carole Tranmer gave to DC1485, namely CT10, CT11 and CT12 ?
dottyaussie
dottyaussie

Activity : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 12.06.16 10:52

plebgate wrote:
HiDeHo wrote:Apart from an overall disbelief of anything, I see nothing so far that indicates any proof that Mrs Fenn was coerced into saying anything by TM...

I agree but am not saying that I wouldn't change my view if evidence was produced showing that Mrs. Fenn was not genuine.

Thats why I am here :)

I have researched as much as I can from every media report I can and it all points to the PJ knowing about Mrs Fenn.

I'm still not convinced that even if they did know about the crying that it would have been given a lot of importance.  Children crying possibly every night in a holiday apartment is not overly indicative of an abductor, however, once the dogs were brought in and the parents were well in the frame I can see officers speaking with Mrs Fenn and asking her to give a full official statement once the initial forensics were beginning to be known  as well as other OC staff etc..

Nothing odd about that, or a reason to think that what she told them prior to August 20th was anything different to her statement.

It seems that it was only Portuguese and Express and Mail/Telegraph that seemed to be reporting about Mrs Fenn and why would they be adding about Kate being out of control and violent although she does seem to have claimed it as rubbish (not something even if she had said that she would want to be spread by the papers)

I am having real trouble trying to reconcile anything untoward with Mrs Fenn... but I am open to the possibility if there are facts and not only coincidences or a speculative theory based on the omission or lack of proof something happened

We don't know if/when Mrs Fenn told the police about the crying ( many media reports suggest it did) but just because it is not recorded in the files does not mean it didn't happen.
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 12.06.16 11:10

Verdi wrote:
plebgate wrote:
Verdi wrote:
aquila wrote:Most importantly, who made the decision to employ Robert Murat to translate for the PJ?
I wonder how much off the record translating he did.  Assuming the PJ did undertake a door to door initiative, I doubt very much at that stage they had a translator with them during the process.  It couldn't have been John Hill who allegedly called on Jeremy Wilkins with one of Gerry's mates because he was far too busy with other matters. 

Pamela Fenn said during her August 2007 formal interview that she didn't speak or understand the Portuguese language - another question mark over when she first spoke to the police about the crying incident.
@verdi  - I wasn't going to contribute again but as things seem to have moved on it seems to me that the PJ must have had a translator/s or they wouldn't have been able to speak to the Tapas crew so imo there is no question mark over when Mrs. Fenn first spoke to the police about the crying incident.  

As dottyausie has pointed out there is also on record a statement which says Mrs. Fenn's niece gave an interview on 8th May 2007.   Surely the niece would have been interviewed after Mrs. Fenn which again suggests to me that Mrs. Fenn was probably spoken to on 4th May 2007.
If you follow the sequence of events on the night of 3rd/4th May 2007 and the GNR/PJ's initial reaction to the situation, there wasn't any need for the police to speak directly to the McCanns or any of their friends.  The recorded details show a situation of total chaos, quite understandable under the circumstances, with just about everyone in the immediate vicinity offering assistance, including Portuguese Ocean Club staff.  As matters evolved the following day, then the Tapas group were required to give formal interviews conducted by the PJ - enter Robert Murat.

There is no indication that the information forthcoming on the night of 3rd/4th May was a strict account of events given by the Tapas group direct to the GNR/PJ.  I believe it was more likely an account of events as portrayed by a go-between.
And on the 3rd early AM on the 4th the tapas group all went off to  bed so no in depth interviews then.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top