The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

playground shadows - Page 3 Mm11

playground shadows - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

playground shadows - Page 3 Mm11

playground shadows - Page 3 Regist10

playground shadows

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

playground shadows - Page 3 Empty Re: playground shadows

Post by maff2016 02.05.16 18:01

BlueBag wrote:
maff2016 wrote:

You talk about the sun as if its a spot light. ALL shadows cast by the sun are exactly parallel no matter where they are, it is only the perspective of the camera that makes them appear otherwise. The sun is 93 million miles away, do you think it casts shadows that are not parallel? If there are 5 posts that are upright and you are in the middle and it appears the posts are casting shadows in different directions, that is because of the perspective of the camera giving a panoramic effect. In reality they are all perfectly parallel. To get a true perspective of this, we must go to an aerial view of the world. In this picture for example all shadows are parallel and there is no argument, however if you were to place yourself in the car park among the cars you would see shadows that appear not to be parallel, in reality they still are in parallel but it just appears that way. It is impossible for an object 93 million miles away to cast shadows in different directions. What we actually need is a photograph expert on the forum not people making up their own pseudo-science.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Are you for real?

I knew you would carry it on even when it is explained to you.

Nail.. jelly... wall...
I have nothing more to add to the discussion. If you ever walked onto a University campus with your particular brand of pseudo-science you'd be shown the door rather quickly. You seem to believe that everyone on the forum should take that YOUR word is final on the matter and open discussion is not an option. Why should I or anyone else on the forum have to swallow what you have to say without our own take on the matter? Forums are for like minded people who wish to talk about open subjects without having monkeys forever on their back calling the shots. Stop trying to bully the forum into adopting your stance on the matter and suggesting that your word is final.
maff2016

Activity : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.16 18:09

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], nobody is bullying anyone.

Stay on topic (the one you started).

Good to see you're still here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.16 18:27

maff2016 wrote:
BlueBag wrote:
maff2016 wrote:

You talk about the sun as if its a spot light. ALL shadows cast by the sun are exactly parallel no matter where they are, it is only the perspective of the camera that makes them appear otherwise. The sun is 93 million miles away, do you think it casts shadows that are not parallel? If there are 5 posts that are upright and you are in the middle and it appears the posts are casting shadows in different directions, that is because of the perspective of the camera giving a panoramic effect. In reality they are all perfectly parallel. To get a true perspective of this, we must go to an aerial view of the world. In this picture for example all shadows are parallel and there is no argument, however if you were to place yourself in the car park among the cars you would see shadows that appear not to be parallel, in reality they still are in parallel but it just appears that way. It is impossible for an object 93 million miles away to cast shadows in different directions. What we actually need is a photograph expert on the forum not people making up their own pseudo-science.
Are you for real?

Nail.. jelly... wall...
I have nothing more to add to the discussion. If you ever walked onto a University campus with your particular brand of pseudo-science you'd be shown the door rather quickly. You seem to believe that everyone on the forum should take that YOUR word is final on the matter and open discussion is not an option. Why should I or anyone else on the forum have to swallow what you have to say without our own take on the matter? Forums are for like minded people who wish to talk about open subjects without having monkeys forever on their back calling the shots. Stop trying to bully the forum into adopting your stance on the matter and suggesting that your word is final.

This is the third time I have posted this picture.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

You however have admitted you don't.

And it's quite obvious.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by maff2016 02.05.16 18:35

Ladyinred wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], nobody is bullying anyone.

'I knew you would carry it on even when it is explained to you'.
The poster of this statement has proclaimed that i'm not allowed to carry on with valid arguments and reasonable discussion because it doesn't agree with their pseudo-science view that the Sun can cast shadows all around the planet six ways from Sunday.
Well it may not be my chosen field but for those interested, they can log onto Google Earth anytime they like and verify this for themselves. In fact, if anyone finds shadows taken by the same camera at the same time that are not perfectly parallel they should be awarding themselves the Nobel peace prize.
Ladyinred, I respect your position as a moderator and I respect the views and opinions of all the other members of the forum but when i'm firsly told i'm not me, then after i've defended myself i'm still not me, then I could be me but because there was a chance that I wasn't me my arguments are invalid - it kinda confuses the issue.
The easy option is to agree with the Nobel peace prize winner on shadows and try to be me for at least some of the time. Hehehe. At least i'm not as angry as I was yesterday as you can see by my sense of humour today.
maff2016

Back to top Go down

Post by maff2016 02.05.16 18:39

BlueBag wrote:
maff2016 wrote:
BlueBag wrote:
maff2016 wrote:

Are you for real?

Nail.. jelly... wall...

This is the third time I have posted this picture.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

You however have admitted you don't.

And it's quite obvious.
Blubag, the shadows if viewed from above would be perfectly parallel, it is the perspective of the camera that gives the illusion they are not parallel.
maff2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.16 18:40

And?

The playground photo is not a view from above.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by maff2016 02.05.16 18:46

BlueBag wrote:And?

But the Sun still gives parallel shadows to everything it shines on. If there are two people and a playhouse and the two people cast a shadow in a north east direction then the playhouse will cast a shadow in the exact same direction to the EXACT degree.The playhouse cannot cast a shadow in a north direction, it is quite impossible.
maff2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.16 18:51

maff2016 wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], nobody is bullying anyone.

The poster of this statement has proclaimed that i'm not allowed to carry on with valid arguments and reasonable discussion because it doesn't agree with their pseudo-science view that the Sun can cast shadows all around the planet six ways from Sunday.
Well it may not be my chosen field but for those interested, they can log onto Google Earth anytime they like and verify this for themselves. In fact, if anyone finds shadows taken by the same camera at the same time that are not perfectly parallel they should be awarding themselves the Nobel peace prize.

Ladyinred, I respect your position as a moderator and I respect the views and opinions of all the other members of the forum but when i'm firsly told i'm not me, then after i've defended myself i'm still not me, then I could be me but because there was a chance that I wasn't me my arguments are invalid - it kinda confuses the issue.
The easy option is to agree with the Nobel peace prize winner on shadows and try to be me for at least some of the time. Hehehe. At least i'm not as angry as I was yesterday as you can see by my sense of humour today.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], if you're going to remain here (providing you abide by forum rules there will be no problem) perhaps you could read some of the photo topics to help you, particularly the playground photo.  You will find robust discussion on these threads as the photos play a part in the mystery of what happened to Madeleine.

Maybe we should give this topic a break as it's going nowhere.

Let's not forget why we're here, and perhaps all pause for a moment to think about Madeleine.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by maff2016 02.05.16 18:54

Ladyinred wrote:
maff2016 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], if you're going to remain here (providing you abide by forum rules there will be no problem) perhaps you could read some of the photo topics to help you, particularly the playground photo.  You will find robust discussion on these threads as the photos play a part in the mystery of what happened to Madeleine.

Maybe we should give this topic a pause.

Let's not forget why we're here, and perhaps all pause for a moment to think about Madeleine.
OK, I hadn't planned on discussing it again anyway but got sort of dragged in again. I'll drop it.
maff2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.16 19:30

maff2016 wrote:
BlueBag wrote:And?

But the Sun still gives parallel shadows to everything it shines on. If there are two people and a playhouse and the two people cast a shadow in a north east direction then the playhouse will cast a shadow in the exact same direction to the EXACT degree.The playhouse cannot cast a shadow in a north direction, it is quite impossible.
For the 4th time:

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.05.16 21:47

My how I dislike Mondays.  Today kicked off just spiffing having read Tony Bennett's submission to 10 Downing Street..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

..and by evening it's plummeted into this fiasco.  I find it hard to believe that Tony Bennett has clandestinely engaged in an exchange with a new member, one of the April 2016 influx to boot, only for that new member to blab on the open forum about the private exchange.

If you, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], have some important revelation to make known, you've presumably already waited nine years (or at least nine days) before coming forward, so why now through the backdoor - or more importantly, have you reported your revelation to the police?

An excellent start but bad finish to the day for CMoMM in my opinion.  I feel very disillusioned.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.16 22:14

thing something to cheer you up!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by maff2016 02.05.16 22:25

Verdi wrote:My how I dislike Mondays.  Today kicked off just spiffing having read Tony Bennett's submission to 10 Downing Street..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

..and by evening it's plummeted into this fiasco.  I find it hard to believe that Tony Bennett has clandestinely engaged in an exchange with a new member, one of the April 2016 influx to boot, only for that new member to blab on the open forum about the private exchange.

If you, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], have some important revelation to make known, you've presumably already waited nine years (or at least nine days) before coming forward, so why now through the backdoor - or more importantly, have you reported your revelation to the police?

An excellent start but bad finish to the day for CMoMM in my opinion.  I feel very disillusioned.
No, I have nothing to reveal to you.
maff2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.05.16 22:42

Ladyinred wrote:thing something to cheer you up!
I feel better already  exalt thank you!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Funny farm 10.05.16 8:42

I just joined here because I saw a discussion about the Playground Photo on another forum and someone said you were also discussing it in your members' section (which I didn't previously know about). Unfortunately, the discussion there has now descended into farce.

I am not an expert on much but I do know something about this, so please allow me to comment.

Blue Bag is correct. Parallel lines on things in photos all extend to a "Vanishing Point". The Vanishing Point is different for different sets of parallel lines.

As Maff says, shadows are in reality parallel because the sun is so distant.

HOWEVER: in photos there still has to be a Vanishing Point. It's a bit like perspective. That's why all shadows converge, as in the photos that Blue Bag posted earlier in the thread. It isn't pseudo science, it's fact.

Therefore, while it doesn't prove that the Playground Photo is 100 per cent genuine, there's no reason to believe that the shadow directions might indicate that it has - the shadows are all plausible. In this case, the photographer is facing away from the sun, so the shadows "lean" towards the middle.

And that really ought to be the end of the matter regarding the shadow directions. As for the rest of the photo, I've no idea.
Funny farm

Activity : 14

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top