The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Illnesses of Tapas 9 and their children Mm11

Illnesses of Tapas 9 and their children Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Illnesses of Tapas 9 and their children Mm11

Illnesses of Tapas 9 and their children Regist10

Illnesses of Tapas 9 and their children

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Illnesses of Tapas 9 and their children Empty Illnesses of Tapas 9 and their children

Post by Jill Havern 28.07.15 12:32

What is the sum total of what we know about the following:

a) illnesses or alleged illnesses of the adults that week
b) illnesses or alleged illnesses of the children that week
c) what each of the ‘Tapas 9’ did during the morning and afternoon of each day on the holiday?
d) what each of the ‘Tapas 9’ were doing each evening of the holiday?

Are there any conflicts of accounts, or fuzzy areas where their recollections are
hazy, or unaccounted-for periods (especially on 2 and 3 May)?

Matthew Oldfields Rogatory statement
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4078 "You said that on Saturday you were feeling a little bit unwell?"

Reply "Saturday I felt unwell, didn't eat much in the evening, which for a free buffet is pretty unusual for me, and then I started throwing up in the evening and I ascribed it to, when we were on the plane on the way out, they were giving out the meals and, you know, all the kids had been changing seats, so there was, I was sat with, erm, E***, which is, erm, Russell and Jane's eldest daughter and maybe E*** on one side and maybe G**** as well, but one of the meals that came round the plastic had already come off and it was in front of E*** and I said 'You have mine just in case there's something wrong with it' and so I blamed that I felt sick that perhaps I was right, it had sort of gone off or something. It may not have been, it may just have been a bug or something, but I usually don't get diarrhoea and vomiting, I mean, I can't remember the last time I've been sick. Erm, but I started feeling a little bit queasy in the evening and then the, erm, the Saturday evening into the Sunday morning I was actually throwing up, which is just incredibly rare for me. So I felt completely icky all the day Sunday, so I think to try and avoid infecting anybody else, I didn't do much outside the apartment and certainly in the evening I didn't go for, erm, didn't go for dinner with everybody else".

4078 "That is Sunday out the way with then".

Reply "So Sunday was pretty much a write-off and I was thinking, oh, the start of my holiday and I'm not doing anything that day".

4078 "Yeah. So Monday was really your first proper holiday day?"

------------------------

Rachel Mamphilly was unwell

Summary of JT's second statement presented to LP

Wednesday 2/5

9.00 Tennis lesson by tennis coach with Kate.
Kids Club (E*** & Madeleine plus 4 other children also had a tennis lesson. Responsible Cat and Georgina. Jane Tanner and Kate watched kids lesson on tennis court, but left before finish.
Jane went to beach. Met Paynes. Also met Rob (husband of Ornya) staying at resort. Rob keen surfer. Believes from London. Jane went sailing. Russel stayed in apartment as Evie ws feeling sick.
After lunch, Russell took E*** to Kids Club, then went for canoeing lesson. Jane stayed in apartment with E***. Then took E*** to play area by pool.
Teat time for children. Met Kate and Gerry.
Played with adults and children on tennis courts.
Women went to apartment with children. Men played more tennis.
Russell O’Brien went to Tapas for dinner. JT stayed in apartment with E*** who wouldn’t sleep .E*** asleep. JT to Tapas.
All adults at Tapas except Rachel Mampilly, who was feeling unwell. Her husband was at the Tapas. Paynes arrived late, as usual.

-----------------------

Daughter of Jane Tanner/Russel O'Brien was ill 3rd May

Reply “So ‘I told him to go back and tell Jane that Evie was unwell’, erm, I’d obviously cleaned her up and changed her. Erm, I think maybe what I would do is I’d say ‘Matt came into my apartment and asked if I needed any help, I said ‘No, go back and tell Jane that Evie was unwell’’ and then, because I don’t think that I would have had time then, it was then I started, ‘I got her out, I gave her a quick wash in the bath, changed her, got the sheet off the cot’, erm, and at least, whether I started the washing machine then, but at least ‘I put them in the washing machine and then sat down with Evie’. But I want it in there that there was a bloody washing machine in the apartment”.
1578 “’Gave Evie a quick bath’?”
Reply “Yeah”.
1578 “’Changed her’?”
Reply “’Changed her’ and, erm, and MARK WARNER do stretch to cleaning facilities on their holidays, so”.
1578 “’And placed bed linen’?”
Reply “Excuse to sound so cynical, but. ‘And placed’, well I don’t think, I don’t think I necessarily put the, I got the dirty linen and her clothes off and at least I think, you know, there was a few bits of sick and I probably gave them a rinse off in the bath and then just shoved them in the washing machine, whether I started it then or did it later I’ve no idea. But, you know, since we’ve been”.
1578 “’And placed clothing’”.
Reply “Suspicion has been put on us because, erm, we didn’t request any further sheets. I think I’d rather have it in there that, erm”.
1578 “’Into the washing machine’”.
Reply “That even as a man I can use a washing machine, staggering though that may sound. Anyway, enough of that. I think, erm, say ‘Jane came back, we were in the flat together for a number of minutes’, it might be worth adding, so ‘Jane came back having eaten her meal at approximately twenty-one forty’ or something like that”.
1578 “Right. So where are we now then?”
Reply “’I sat in the lounge and read to Evie. Jane came back having eaten her meal’ and I thought maybe say, ‘There was probably a number of minutes, no more than five, that’, erm, ‘where we were in the flat together’”.
1578 “‘We were in the flat together for about five minutes’?”
Reply “Yeah, it wasn’t more than that, but, erm, yeah, (inaudible) Jane having to relieve me (inaudible) Kate left the table. Written here that ‘There was nothing significant about her leaving’, I think, I think we’d actually discussed that it wasn’t, it wasn’t a clear moment in my mind or certainly not like eleven months on, and again, you know, and again I don’t know what, what my original statement said, but certainly the comment that ‘The table was in good humour and there was nothing different about the nature or the mood there or the fact that anyone had got up and left’. I don’t think anyone else got up and left after my return apart from, apart from Kate. Yeah, I’d say ‘I think it would have been about ten o’clock’, I didn’t have a watch. There was a point at this time where some, does it say here, that somebody around the table asked what the time was and I think Rachael asked and they answered that it was about ten o’clock. That is probably worth saying, because I think, you know, there’s a little bit of, you know, erm, best, best estimate on some of the other times, there was, around the time of ten, there was actually somebody announced at the table it was about ten o’clock”.
1578 “So at the end of the paragraph?”
Reply “’Kate left the table, there was nothing significant about her leaving, but I think it was a similar time to my meal arriving’. Oh yeah, yeah, I suppose that’s a point, erm. There it might say ‘The Tapas staff kindly re-cooked my main course’, because I got back at twenty-one forty-five, but the food was probably, you know, the best part of ten minutes later before I got it”.
1578 “Yes”.

------------------------------------

Grace Oldfield, not 1 year old, was ill

Rachael Mampilly interview at Leicestershire Police Headquarters - Part 1/3

1578 “Okay, and when you went to check on Grace, what sort of checks would you conduct”?
Reply “Erm well we’d go into the room, which ordinarily we wouldn’t do to be honest, erm but she seemed to have diarrhoea and kind of, I mean she’d settled quite well actually cos she’d been tired every evening, erm but every morning when she woke up, she had diarrhoea and it had gone right through her grow bag and so there’s all of this sort of horrendous smell, so in the evenings when we were checking, we’d go into the room just to see if you know, there was any sort of smell yet, erm and just to make sure she was alright, to make sure she hadn’t been sick, partly I think cos Matt had been sick, just wanted to make sure that she hadn’t been, in case it was some sort of bug”.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41565

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum