The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body? Mm11

Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body? Mm11

Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body? Regist10

Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body? Empty No body! Can someone on here please answer this question?

Post by Anonymous. 21.06.15 15:38

Hello everyone, hello  could someone on this forum please end an ongoing feud between members of my family, and myself?  The question being....Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body? As the members here seem more informed than most I thought this would be the best place to ask. Thank you in advance.
Anonymous
Anonymous.

Back to top Go down

Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body? Empty Re: Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body?

Post by Joss 21.06.15 15:52

Anonymous. wrote:Hello everyone, hello  could someone on this forum please end an ongoing feud between members of my family, and myself?  The question being....Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body? As the members here seem more informed than most I thought this would be the best place to ask. Thank you in advance.
Google is your friend. Have you tried your question in a search engine? And this is not a thread appropriate to your question, lol. Also laws on that could differ depending on what country you live in.

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body? Empty Re: Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body?

Post by Tony Bennett 21.06.15 16:21

Anonymous. wrote:Hello everyone, hello  could someone on this forum please end an ongoing feud between members of my family, and myself?  The question being....Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body? As the members here seem more informed than most I thought this would be the best place to ask. Thank you in advance.
Hallo 'Anonymous', thank you for your question.

The simple answer is a very clear 'Yes'.  yes

Possibly the best-known case in England is the murder of 13-year-old Danielle Jones in Essex. Her uncle, Stuart Campbell, bundled her into his van, killed her, and disposed of her body without ever saying what he had done with it.

Campbell was part of a local paedophile network in the Tilbury area.

He was convicted of abduction and murder and is now serving a life sentence. Her body still hasn't been found. There's more about it here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And you'll find dozens of other cases of people convicted without a body at these three links: 

Do stick around, have a look round this popular forum, and join if you want to find out even more

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body? Empty Off topic, but important

Post by PeterMac 21.06.15 16:29

Anonymous . Google
Jeanette Zapata.
Bianca Jones
Kate Prout
Susan Pilley
Cori Baker
Etan Patz
Lauryn Dickens
Caylee Anthony,
Kirsi Gifford-Hull

Guilty in all those without a body - sometimes one was found after a subsequent confession.
Most relied on dogs' alerts.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunnit 21.06.15 16:44

Caylee Anthony's remains were found before the trial, and her mother was found not guilty.

[there's a whole lot about this case the general public doesn't know. suffice to say the media coverage was dead wrong or outright lying about 90% of the time.]
Anonymous
whodunnit

Back to top Go down

Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body? Empty Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body?

Post by Joss 21.06.15 16:47

PeterMac wrote:Anonymous .   Google
Jeanette Zapata.
Bianca Jones
Kate Prout
Susan Pilley
Cori Baker
Etan Patz
Lauryn Dickens
Caylee Anthony,
Kirsi Gifford-Hull

Guilty in all those without a body - sometimes one was found after a subsequent confession.
Most relied on dogs' alerts.
PeterMac,  Caylee Anthony's skeletised remains were found by Roy Kronk a meter reader at the time.

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 21.06.15 18:37

I've split this question from the other thread but will leave it here in the Guests section just in case anyone else wants to add any info....and to keep the other thread on topic.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41575

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 21.06.15 22:01

Shall amend the list.
Thanks
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean 22.06.15 8:49

Peter, there hasn't been a conviction in the Etan Patz case.

Amy Dean
Amy Dean

Activity : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 22.06.15 11:10

Correct.
The list was lifted from my piece about dogs' alerts, so includes those two cases,
Sorry. I shall go back and make a separate list.

The rest, I believe, are still OK, and the point is still made
that it is possible, both in English law and in the US to convict without a body.
Also remember that a merest trace, a gall stone in the Haigh Acid Bath case, a smear of blood, burned bones and so on are always adequate
People keep on saying that in the April Jones case the body was not found. That is only correct on a lay person's understanding.
It had probably been cremated in the wood burning stove, and the blood and charred bone was all that was left.
They had more than enough to prove disposal.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean 22.06.15 11:20

I remember my mother talking about the Muriel McKay kidnapping case in the late 1960s; at that time it was unusual for anyone to be convicted without a body.
Amy Dean
Amy Dean

Activity : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 22.06.15 11:40

YES.

Susan Pilley 'case'
----------------------------------------------

An Edinburgh man who murdered a colleague after she ended their affair has been SENTENCED TO LIFE IN PRISON.

David Gilroy, 49, must serve a minimum of 18 years in jail for killing 38-year-old bookkeeper Suzanne Pilley.

Gilroy, a married man, was found guilty of his former lover's murder last month. He denied the charge.

Ms Pilley sparked a major hunt when she disappeared in May 2010. She set off for work in Edinburgh, but never made it to her desk.

Prosecutors believe Gilroy killed her in the basement of the building where they worked in Thistle Street and buried her the next day more than 100 miles away in the forests of Argyll.

Passing sentence , Lord Bracadale said Gilroy was the only person who knew the whereabouts of Ms Pilley's body WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN FOUND.

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 22.06.15 14:30

Joana Cipriano

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body? Empty Another one

Post by PeterMac 19.09.15 15:07

Wales Landlord Murder: Lodger Held In Ireland
Police have found no trace of 59-year-old Alec Warburton but are treating his sudden disappearance in July as murder.
10:41, UK,
Saturday 19 September 2015

Alec Warburton has not been seen since 31 July

Police in Ireland have arrested a Welsh man in connection with the murder of his landlord.
Detectives have been trying to find 40-year-old Swansea man David Ellis for more than a month, following the sudden disappearance of Alec Warburton.
While there has been no trace of Mr Warburton since 31 July, police have previously said they were treating the case as murder.
South Wales Police confirmed that Ellis is now in custody.
A spokesman said the force was liaising with Irish police about the suspect's extradition back to the UK.
Ellis was a lodger with 59-year-old Alec Warburton in his Sketty home.
In the wake of Mr Warburton's disappearance, police launched a public appeal for information.
His M-reg Peugeot was spotted in north Wales before returning to Swansea.
Days later, it was found abandoned at Birkenhead port and officers said Ellis had arrived in Belfast via ferry on 6 August.
Mr Warburton's family have been told of the arrest, and South Wales Police say family liaison officers are continuing to support the relatives.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 19.09.15 15:32

PeterMac wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wales Landlord Murder: Lodger Held In Ireland
Police have found no trace of 59-year-old Alec Warburton but are treating his sudden disappearance in July as murder.
10:41, UK,
Saturday 19 September 2015

Alec Warburton has not been seen since 31 July

Police in Ireland have arrested a Welsh man in connection with the murder of his landlord.
Detectives have been trying to find 40-year-old Swansea man David Ellis for more than a month, following the sudden disappearance of Alec Warburton.
While there has been no trace of Mr Warburton since 31 July, police have previously said they were treating the case as murder.
South Wales Police confirmed that Ellis is now in custody.
A spokesman said the force was liaising with Irish police about the suspect's extradition back to the UK.
Ellis was a lodger with 59-year-old Alec Warburton in his Sketty home.
In the wake of Mr Warburton's disappearance, police launched a public appeal for information.
His M-reg Peugeot was spotted in north Wales before returning to Swansea.
Days later, it was found abandoned at Birkenhead port and officers said Ellis had arrived in Belfast via ferry on 6 August.
Mr Warburton's family have been told of the arrest, and South Wales Police say family liaison officers are continuing to support the relatives.
There have been a number of convictions for murder, where there has been no body, but when it comes to the McCann's, with their PR and "fighting fund" behind them, the case against them will have to be water-tight. This is what keeps me interested in this case. I have to keep faith in OG, and believe that they are keeping quiet not to scupper any changes that they may have in bringing this case to an honest close, whatever that may be.

I take faith from "Nipper Read" who brought the Kray Twins reign of terror to an end. Nipper had to infiltrate the Kray's circles, pretending that he was "one of them". For those who are interested, it's quite an eye-opener of what decent people have to do to get justice, especially when the police etc are all in with the gangsters.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Could a person/person's be convicted of murder without a body? Empty Could a person be charged with murder and no body?

Post by willowthewisp 19.09.15 15:50

Hi Sallpelt,
You don't suppose Clarence could be a new nipper of the Yard do you or has he already accepted his Thirty pieces of Silver?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum