The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Analyzing position of sun in last photo - Page 14 Mm11

Analyzing position of sun in last photo - Page 14 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Analyzing position of sun in last photo - Page 14 Mm11

Analyzing position of sun in last photo - Page 14 Regist10

Analyzing position of sun in last photo

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Analyzing position of sun in last photo - Page 14 Empty Re: Analyzing position of sun in last photo

Post by Nina 14.11.14 21:35

Dee Coy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's a couple that show the hands, Nina.
Thank you Dee Coy, so in the space of a few hours either the glow of being windswept or tanned. The pool picture wasn't taken just a few hours before the ones you have posted. And that really clinches it for me.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Analyzing position of sun in last photo - Page 14 Empty Re: Analyzing position of sun in last photo

Post by palm tree 14.11.14 21:42

Me too, plus his 10th May statement to police telling them where he was and what he was doing.
IMO

Activity : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 14.11.14 21:46

Nina wrote:

Thank you Dee Coy, so in the space of a few hours either the glow of being windswept or tanned. The pool picture wasn't taken just a few hours before the ones you have posted. And that really clinches it for me.

Quite an interesting dark mark on Gerry's right temple in the lower picture. Enlarge it on your computer. Might it be a bruise?
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 14.11.14 22:32

Nina wrote:

WOW! A picture tells a thousand words, so they say......
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 14.11.14 22:57

Could someone who is clever with picture posting please post one of those each side of the pool picture for comparison please  roses

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid 14.11.14 23:49

Nina wrote:Could someone who is clever with picture posting please post one of those each side of the pool picture for comparison please  roses

Not sure if this is what you mean, but here you go:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What's weird is that it looks like he has slight sunglasses' marks in the 'tanned' picture but they seem more like an aviator shape.
Nereid

Activity : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 14.11.14 23:51

Nereid wrote:
Nina wrote:Could someone who is clever with picture posting please post one of those each side of the pool picture for comparison please  roses

What's weird is that it looks like he has slight sunglasses' marks in the 'tanned' picture but they seem more like an aviator shape.

Is Gerry wearing TWO t-shirts, or is that just a clever faux double neckline
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 15.11.14 5:23

If you check out the sleeves you'll see it's a faux double neckline sweatshop number, canada, but the neckbeard is genuine. < upchuck emoticon > Can someone please get the wee one a no-no for Christmas?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.11.14 7:49

You've pointed out many times that GM has a neckbeard, ultimaThule.  So what?  It's become boring and immature and does nothing to further our understanding of what happened to his daughter, MBM.

IMO
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.11.14 9:29

Nereid wrote:

....was the first thing that came to mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 15.11.14 14:11

Nereid wrote:

Thank you Nereid, that is brilliant. So here we have it, a photograph, the last photo, the pool photo supposed to have been taken at 1.29pm on the afternoon/lunchtime of the 3rd May where Gerry has a bit of a glow on his forhead and nose, pale cheeks, chin, neck and ears and in the full pool picture pale hands, arms and legs. Then within a few hours, of darkness of the 3rd/4th and then the daylight hours at the police station he suddenly develops a good tan that reaches his neck, cheeks and ears and on the full pool picture his pale hands become brown.
I do wish we had an emoticon of a leg with bells on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande Finale 15.11.14 14:19

With Regard to the Confusion about which video from the windsurf event was 3rd may.

I worked backwards.

Saturday 5th may Final day VIDEO No. 6

Friday 4th May VIDEO No. 5

Thursday 3rd May VIDEO No. 4

It would be interesting to compare a pale mans tan on video 1 with the same man on Video 6 if possible.

Might be a further indication as to date last photo was taken ?
Grande Finale
Grande Finale

Activity : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 15.11.14 14:32

Nina wrote:
Nereid wrote:

Thank you Nereid, that is brilliant. So here we have it, a photograph, the last photo, the pool photo supposed to have been taken at 1.29pm on the afternoon/lunchtime of the 3rd May where Gerry has a bit of a glow on his forhead and nose, pale cheeks, chin, neck and ears and in the full pool picture pale hands, arms and legs. Then within a few hours, of darkness of the 3rd/4th and then the daylight hours at the police station he suddenly develops a good tan that reaches his neck, cheeks and ears and on the full pool picture his pale hands become brown.
Very good thinking and work Nina and Neried.
When did Gerry get his hair cut and dyed in the time that remained between Maddie being photographed at the pool and when he stepped forward to make his public announcement ?
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 15.11.14 14:34

bobbin wrote:
Nina wrote:
Nereid wrote:

When did Gerry get his hair cut and dyed in the time that remained between Maddie being photographed at the pool and when he stepped forward to make his public announcement ?
Haha Bobbin, I was going to post that too but thought best not give some people the idea that I am a disruptor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 15.11.14 14:35

Thank you DeeCoy & Nina.

A bit of common sense goes a long way without too much ‘science’ or the ‘was it, wasn’t it’ arguments.

But wait, Tuesday 1st, KH1 p.58, ‘Gerry needed a pair of sunglasses’, so it must have been taken after that, KM says so! (joke, albeit a poor one!)
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.11.14 15:02

Doug D wrote:
But wait, Tuesday 1st, KH1 p.58, ‘Gerry needed a pair of sunglasses’, so it must have been taken after that, KM says so! (joke, albeit a poor one!)
And on a day when it was wet, and so cold that the children wouldn't go onto the sand, and it rained . . .

MUST get some sunglasses !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16603

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 15.11.14 15:05

Nina wrote:
bobbin wrote:
Nina wrote:
Nereid wrote:

Haha Bobbin, I was going to post that too but thought best not give some people the idea that I am a disruptor.
Yes Nina, anyone already convinced that I am a disruptor will take this as indesputeble proof.
In the meantime, someone will declare that the hairstyles are exactly the same or it's just a /jpeg compression /distortion. big grin

On the other hand, someone may actually wonder how the hairstyles changed so much when Gerry was busy playing tennis, eating his dinner, checking on Madeleine, deleting phone-calls and taking a much needed nap while it was so dark and cold, before leaping out over bushes and dykes at 6 a.m. to have a wee lookie in some nearby rubbish bins for his lost daughter.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 15.11.14 15:31

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Nereid wrote:

....was the first thing that came to mind.

Very good point. The two different faces of Gerry? Gerry as he looked in the alleged 'last photo' taken on the day Madeleine was allegedly 'abducted' and Gerry as he looked the day after the 'abduction'.

As others have noted, he has developed a very nice tan overnight and has also had his hair cut and styled differently. Plus is looks as though it was dyed too. 

But how come Kate didn't mention that Gerry went to the hairdressers on Thursday afternoon/ evening or Friday in her boo,? After all, it is 'an account of the truth'.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 15.11.14 15:42

In the meantime, someone will declare that the hairstyles are exactly the same or it's just a /jpeg compression /distortion. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

---------

Quite so.

With regards to the sunglasses, I had always assumed that maybe Gerry had a black eye or something which he wanted to hide (but of course that would suggest that the photo was taken on Thursday, when I don't believe it was.) . But it could not have disappeared in a day, so I think it must be more to do with Gerry having had very little sleep the night before (eg: Wednesday night). and maybe had very puffy and/or red eyes.  

I think I am confusing myself here. Given the difference in appearance in those two photos, when the heck was that 'last photo' of Gerry taken? Was it even taken that week?

I wonder if at least part of 'the disaster' happened on Wednesday night?? Maybe the 'abduction' was supposed to happen that night but was aborted for some reason?

Kate in her book does write how she thinks that 'the abductor' may have gone into the apartment the night before (ie: Wednesday) but fled empty-handed. But suggests s/he could have drugged Madeleine that night too (as well as 'the final night') as she noticed that Madeleine was very tired on Thursday. And she notices a brown stain on Madeleine's pajama top. Which perhaps could indicate that someone had attempted to give Madeleine sedatives on Wednesday evening.

Everything in Kate's book is there for a reason. 

This is all so confusing.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Analyzing position of sun in last photo - Page 14 Empty Any other photos of the pool ?

Post by PeterMac 15.11.14 17:35

Are there any other photos of the little pool taken around that time does anyone know.

Did the PJ take a series of the entire complex, for example ? Or other guests put some upon tripadvisor or facebook.
Might be interesting
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16603

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 15.11.14 17:48

PeterMac wrote:Are there any other photos of the little pool taken around that time does anyone know.

Did the PJ take a series of the entire complex, for example ? Or other guests put some upon tripadvisor or facebook.
Might be interesting
Send a tweet to Jim Gamble.

He had a few photos from people that week.

If he's still got them

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 15.11.14 18:02

j.rob wrote:
As others have noted, he has developed a very nice tan overnight and has also had his hair cut and styled differently. Plus is looks as though it was dyed too. 

But how come Kate didn't mention that Gerry went to the hairdressers on Thursday afternoon/evening or Friday in her book? After all, it is 'an account of the truth'.
Agreed:

1. That Gerry is much more tanned in the second photo.

2. That it looks like his hair has been re-styled and even dyed between the two photos.

Assuming that they are both from that holiday (obviously some disagree), I would point out that it's well known that at that time of year (late April/May) the ultra-violet rays from the sun are at their most powerful - and that therefore you tan much more quickly if you're out in the open at that time of day. I will try to supply a link for this if I can.

So did Gerry McCann have his hair re-styled and maybe dyed later that week? I think's it's very possible. There are to say the least major queries aboiut what he was actually doing for much of 3 May and not a few inconsistencies in the various accounts of that.

@ bobbin   I don't think anyone, so far as I'm aware, suggests that you are a 'disruptor', far from it. You became heated because you insisted we should give preference to what you say you and others can see with their own eyes - but appeared reluctant to take into account the scientific and astronomical data that suggested that it was more probable that this 'Last Photo' was a genuine photo but taken at 1.29pm Sunday rather than 2.29pm Thursday. The number of different ways the photo was supposed to be photoshopped was escalating all the time into several dozen, no-one could agree on how it was phtoshopped (if it was)

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.11.14 18:13

PeterMac wrote:Are there any other photos of the little pool taken around that time does anyone know.

Might be interesting
Hi PeterMac. Chirpyinsect on Candyfloss's forum has asked someone to post these pictures here for you. Also with thanks to Helenmeg. Chirpy has asked me to emphasise that it was the difference in the appearance of the plants she was highlighting:

chirpyinsect wrote:OK here goes.

Thanks to Helenmeg there exists a photo taken at the same pool as the last photo looking in almost the same direction too,
It is from a family who were there that very week and there is documented evidence of that.
Obviously I will not name them nor show their faces but both HM and I have seen the originals and can vouch for the veracity. I have her permission to post the evidence here.

No flowers, bracts or colourful plants.
I think that should put that one to bed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 15.11.14 18:57

Dee Coy wrote:
Hi PeterMac. Chirpyinsect on Candyfloss's forum has asked someone to post these pictures here for you. Also with thanks to Helenmeg. Chirpy has asked me to emphasise that it was the difference in the appearance of the plants she was highlighting:
chirpyinsect wrote:OK here goes.

Thanks to Helenmeg there exists a photo taken at the same pool as the last photo looking in almost the same direction too,
It is from a family who were there that very week and there is documented evidence of that.
Obviously I will not name them nor show their faces but both HM and I have seen the originals and can vouch for the veracity. I have her permission to post the evidence here.

No flowers, bracts or colourful plants.
I think that should put that one to bed.

Well, due thanks to HelenMeg and chirpyinsect from MMM.

I have some observations and questions though.

It might be difficult to go back from forum to forum with queries, but if both forums have at their heart the will to research the truth about what happened to Madeleine McCann...well...where there's a will, there's a way.

1. We have no proof at this stage that these two photos were taken during the week the McCanns and the Tapas 7 were there.

2. If they were indeed taken by someone who was there that week, whoever it was would quite likely have met or at least seen the McCanns and the Tapas 7 there, and would no doubt be in possession of a great deal of useful information about e.g. the activities, the weather conditions and all sorts of other things that week

3. The person/family concerned might have, for example, a whole series of photos that week, which might tell us in more detail abou the development of the weather that week.

4. Did the person in question see Madeleine McCann that week?

NOW, assuming for a moment that those two pictures were taken during the period 28 April to 5 May 2007...

5. On which specific day were they taken, do we know?  

6. Is the photo really taken in the same direction as the Last Photo was (appears to be) taken?

7. There is general agreement that on the Last Photo, Gerry, Amelie and Madeleine are positioned facing more or less due south. On the wall behind is  a bougainvillea in flower. There are some other shrubs visible.

8. By contrast, I am fairly certain that the photos offered via HelenMeg are facing WEST - and that what we see in the background is the western wall of the play/pool area, i.e. the one that backs on to the Rua da 1 Maia which runs roughly NNW to SSE.

9. There are long shadows on the two photos HelenMeg has supplied. They appear to be consistent with the sun in the west, late afternoon, early evening.

10. I suggest that the photo is of the WEST wall of the pool, NOT the northern wall which of course is featured on the 'Last Photo'.

11. This is very important in relation to the bougainvilleas. The ones in the Last Photo face due south and naturally would bloom earlier than bougainvilleas on the WEST wall which faces EAST (or slightly north of east, actually). That is a perfectly natural explanation for the flowers on the 'Last Photo' to be in bloom but not the ones in the HelenMeg photos.    

So what about chirpyinsect's somewhat triumphant conclusion:

"No flowers, bracts or colourful plants. I think that should put that one to bed"?

REPLY: CASE NOT PROVEN, chirpyinsect

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.11.14 19:18

Tony Bennett wrote:Well, due thanks to HelenMeg and chirpyinsect from MMM.

I have some observations and questions though.

It might be difficult to go back from forum to forum with queries, but if both forums have at their heart the will to research the truth about what happened to Madeleine McCann...well...where there's a will, there's a way.

It may have been easier if you'd left the link to the other place in my post, Tony.  smilie

I've put a link to here on t'other place so Chirpy can see your questions herself. I'll let you know if she responds.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top