The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Times article on social media Mm11

Times article on social media Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Times article on social media Mm11

Times article on social media Regist10

Times article on social media

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Times article on social media Empty Times article on social media

Post by Constablekid 02.10.14 0:00

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article4224112.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2014_10_01

Does anyone have a subscription? - need one to view the whole article.
Constablekid

Activity : 122

Back to top Go down

Times article on social media Empty Re: Times article on social media

Post by pauloptix 02.10.14 0:47

Same story now in the Mail on line

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777145/Police-probe-trolls-sending-hate-messages-McCanns-Detectives-investigate-given-dossier-catalogues-remarks-including-death-threats.html
pauloptix

Activity : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 02.10.14 1:06

Police probe trolls sending hate messages to McCanns: Detectives to investigate after being given dossier that catalogues remarks, including death threats
Trolls wrongly believe that Kate and Gerry had some involvement in their daughter's disappearance
Some messages are even directed at Madeleine's younger twin siblings
Majority of those posting messages use anonymous social media accounts
One reads: 'These two should burn in hell'... 'I'll supply the lighter - happily'
Dossier calls on police and MPs to crack down on such vile abuse

By Stephen Wright for the Daily Mail

Published: 00:06, 2 October 2014 | Updated: 00:46, 2 October 2014

Scotland Yard is investigating the posting online of hundreds of hate messages aimed at the McCanns.

Detectives have decided to act after being given a dossier which catalogues the abusive remarks – including death threats – aimed at the couple on Twitter, Facebook and online forums.

The messages have been posted by internet trolls who wrongly believe that Kate and Gerry, both 46, had some involvement in the disappearance of their three-year-old daughter Madeleine in Portugal in 2007.

Times article on social media Art110
(KM's 'Scrunchy face', NO 'tears')

The couple, who were cleared by police from any part in their daughter’s disappearance, have been told by trolls to ‘burn in hell’.

Some messages are even directed at Madeleine’s younger twin siblings, now aged nine. According to Sky News, ‘manipulated images’ involving the McCanns – many of them graphic – are also in wide circulation online.

The majority of those who post the vile messages use anonymous social media accounts, so their true identities are disguised.

(Texas girl missing for TWELVE years after she was ABDUCTED BY HER MOTHER and taken to Mexico during custody battle is rescued in secret mission)

But detectives, who are now in talks with the Crown Prosecution Service after being handed a 65-page dossier on the campaign of abuse, are confident they can identify the culprits.

The dossier – compiled by members of the public who sympathise with the McCanns – calls on police and MPs to crack down on such abuse.

Under the 2003 Communications Act, it is an offence to send messages online that are grossly offensive.

Abuse: The messages have been posted by internet trolls who wrongly believe that Kate and Gerry had some involvement in the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine in Portugal in 2007

One troll – who uses the Twitter identity ‘Sweepyface’ and has posted dozens of anti-McCann messages using the #mccann hashtag – was unrepentant when confronted over her campaign.

When asked about her comments directed at the McCanns, she told Sky News: ‘I’m entitled to.’ Among the other messages in the dossier is an exchange on a message board which reads: ‘These two should burn in hell’… ‘I will supply the petrol’… ‘I’ll supply the lighter – happily’.

Other posts include: ‘We need some numbers for some assassins’ and ‘I want to see them… trampled by horses.’

Also, several trolls claim to live near to the McCanns. One troll who claimed to live in their village posted: ‘I’m going round with the cuffs and bags.’

Another troll who claimed to live locally said: ‘Saw KM at the gym today, gave her a look of utter disgust, managed to hold my tongue though.’

The dossier’s authors claim that at least six Twitter accounts have been set up principally to abuse the McCanns and their supporters.

The campaigner spearheading the appeal – who has asked to remain anonymous – told Sky News: ‘We’re very worried that it’s only going to take somebody to act out some of these discussions, some of the threats, and we couldn’t live with ourselves if that happened and we had done nothing.’

Former police chief and online child security expert Jim Gamble said: ‘I’m deeply concerned by the behaviours displayed… I think the time has come for the hardcore few in the midst of this group to be investigated.’

Detective Inspector Michael Kilkenny of the Metropolitan Police told the campaign group: ‘In consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service and the McCann family, the material will now be assessed and decisions made as to what further action, if any, should be undertaken.’

Last night the McCanns declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777145/Police-probe-trolls-sending-hate-messages-McCanns-Detectives-investigate-given-dossier-catalogues-remarks-including-death-threats.html#ixzz3EwPpicQa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloptix 02.10.14 1:09

unsurprisingly.... Comments are closed
pauloptix

Activity : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 02.10.14 1:46

I suppose the 'trolls' also 'wrongly believed' that apartment G5A. McCanns holiday apartment, that the shutter wasn't 'smashed, forced, jemmied, broken' as told to them by the McCanns and their family 'members', resident, back in the UK on the er, 'fateful' night.

I suppose the 'trolls' also, WRONGLY believe that the McCanns said 'we weren't sure we'd get into the Tapas restaurant', even though the McCanns and their T7 friends had reservations reserved there, every night, for the WHOLE week, including the er, 'fateful' day, and as having reservations they, above all in PDL, were guarenteed to 'get into' the Tapas restaurant.

I suppose the 'trolls' also WRONGLY believe that the mother of a missing child would diliberately 'jeopardise' an investigation that sought to establish what happened to that 'missing' child, by not answering 48 questions put to her by police officers.

I suppose the 'trolls' also WRONGLY believe that the parents of a 'missing' child said 'we were glad the investigation (into their daughter's 'disappearance') was CLOSED.

I suppose the 'trolls' also WRONGLY believe that the mother of a 'missing' child said, "whether the case, ( into her daughter's 'disappearance'),  is re-opened, or NOT, IT DOSEN'T MATTER"

I suppose....................the MET police will have to 'investigate' this chap (troll?) as he clearly WRONGLY believes that there is no clear evidence that the McCanns 'could' not have been 'involved' in their daughter's 'disappearance'

p. 316 of K McCann's book, madeleine.

In his statement to the Court, the Assistant Chief Constable of Leicestershire Police wrote: “While one or both of them may be innocent, there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance”.

Good luck with 'interviewing' the ACC (troll?) of Leicestershire Police, DCI Mahogany!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 02.10.14 2:09

Here's the full Times article:
Crime
Madeleine McCann’s parents targeted by internet trolls
Fiona Hamilton
1 October 2014
© Times Newspapers Limited 2014

Police have launched an investigation into a catalogue of online threats and abuse targeting the family of missing Madeleine McCann.

Scotland Yard has been handed a dossier of more than 80 pages of Tweets, Facebook posts and messages on online forums aimed at her parents Kate and Gerry McCann.

Internet “trolls”, usually hiding behind anonymous social media accounts, have posted the messages since 2007 when Madeleine, then aged three, disappeared from their holiday resort in Praia de Luz, Portugal.

Sky News reported that the abuse included suggestions that the McCanns be tortured and killed, reports of recent sightings of the couple and calls for them to “burn in hell”.

Some messages are even directed at Madeleine’s younger siblings, twins Sean and Amelie, now aged nine.

A group, who wish to remain anonymous, put the dossier together and are now calling on police to take action against the trolls.

One campaigner, who wanted to remain anonymous, told Sky News: “We’re very worried that it’s only going to take somebody to act out of some of these discussions, some of the threats that have been made, and we couldn’t live with ourselves if that happened and we had done nothing.

“We know that this is still continuing, that it’s escalating at an alarming rate, and becoming bolder and a lot of what they’re posting is becoming much more sinister.

“We would like to see police taking action because of the sheer orchestration that’s involved and the fact there are so many.”

The Met has been consulting the Crime Prosecution Service about the material.

canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 02.10.14 2:20

http://news.sky.com/story/1345871/mccanns-targeted-by-venomous-internet-trolls

McCanns Targeted By 'Venomous' Internet Trolls

Sky News reveals that campaigners are urging police and MPs to crack down on internet abuse directed at Madeleine McCann's family.

00:44, UK, Thursday 02October 2014

Video:Sky News Confronts McCann 'Troll'

By Martin Brunt, Crime Correspondent

The Metropolitan Police is investigating a catalogue of vile internet abuse targeting the family of Madeleine McCann including death threats, Sky News can reveal.

Officers are in talks with the Crown Prosecution Service after being handed a dossier of more than 80 pages of Tweets, Facebook posts and messages on online forums aimed at Kate and Gerry McCann.

Over the past few years hundreds of shocking messages have been posted by 'trolls' who believe - despite no evidence - that the McCanns had some involvement in the disappearance of their daughter in Portugal in 2007.

These include suggestions that the McCanns should be tortured and killed and calls for them to "burn in hell".

Some messages are even directed at Madeleine's younger siblings, now aged nine.

McCanns Targeted By Internet Trolls
Manipulated images involving the McCanns - many of them graphic - are also in wide circulation online.

One troll - who uses the Twitter identity "Sweepyface" and has posted dozens of anti-McCann messages using the #mccann hashtag - was confronted by Sky News.

When asked about her use of social media to attack the couple, she replied: "I'm entitled to."

The dossier - compiled by members of the public alarmed at the online treatment of the McCanns and shown to Sky News - calls on police and MPs to act to crack down on such abuse.

The Met wrote to the campaigners: "In consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service and the McCann family the material will now be assessed and decisions made as to what further action if any should be undertaken."

Among the messages identified in the dossier is an exchange on a message board which reads: "These 2 should burn in hell"; "I will supply the petrol"; "I'll supply the lighter - happily".

Other posts include: "We need some numbers for some assassins on taps", "I hope that the McCanns are living in total misery" and "I want to see them smashed up the back of a bus or trampled by horses".

In one of her tweets "Sweepyface" called for the McCanns to suffer "for the rest of their miserable lives".

In addition to threats and abuse, several trolls have claimed to live nearby to the McCanns in Leicestershire and reported on their movements.

The campaigner spearheading the appeal - who has asked to remain anonymous - told Sky News: "We're very worried that it's only going to take somebody to act out of some of these discussions, some of the threats that have been made, and we couldn't live with ourselves if that happened and we had done nothing."

Author Anthony Summers, whose book Looking for Madeleine was published last month, said: "There is a campaign of hatred against the parents.

"It is venomous and vitriolic, most of it done by cowards. We are taken aback by the extent of the sheer evil behind it all."
---------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know if a libel 'claim' finale is imminent in Portugal?

I might be WRONG, but Brunt and Gamble to 'the fore' in these 'reports'.

I might be WRONG but 50 book 'sales' isn't going to provide a huge 'windfall' to be 'divvied' up amongst those three, is it?
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 02.10.14 3:14

As someone has just pointed out:

"After just reading the Sky News report, I guess I NOW know why Martin Brunt wanted to interview McCann "sceptics".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To 'portray' them as 'hater's' in his 'report' ?(of course?)

Can the lady Martin Brunt 'interviewed' SUE Sky News, or Brunt personally, for using her 'image' on screen, and their website, possibly putting her 'in danger' from McCann 'supporter's'?

Did Sky News obtain her permission for her 'image' to be used by them?

IF she is 'attacked' can Sky News be held 'culpable' (deserving blame.) of 'complicity'? ( the fact or condition of being involved with others in an activity that is unlawful or morally wrong.)

Who's 'inciting' HATRED now, Sky News? You that have found and publicly broadcast the image of a 'non-believer' of the McCann's 'story' or the 'trolls'?

Get the cheque book out, Rupert!

Brunt dosen't give a sh*t, he's not the one possibly facing paying out a huge 'claim' of 'damages' against Sky News, is he?
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 02.10.14 3:50

well after reading this and the supposed sighting of Madeleine on another thread there is definatley something in the water .

Is there going to be some kind of announcement regarding the case or the libel trial ? 

When stories like this appear there always seems to be a bigger story waiting in the wings that these type of articles are designed to take the limelight from .

As for the abuse there is a small minority of both Mccann supporters and those who do not believe the Mccanns who do post some absolutley vile abuse online however these people are in the minority and the majority of people discussing the case do not resort to such behaviour . 

I do not do twiiter but I have looked at the Mccann hashtag from time to time and the abuse going back and forth from both pros and so called antis is appalling .

I hope the police will be looking also at the threats and abuse that has been thrown at people such as Goncalo Amaral it is not just the Mccanns who have received abuse . He has had threats and abuse for simply doing his job .

The majority of people following this case simply want justice for a little girl called Madeleine they may dislike her parents due to the  fact that had Madeleine not been left alone then she would not have disappeared in the first place however they would not wish them harm only that justice be served in the case itself .

As for anyone directing abuse at the twins I find that abborent , the twins are victims in this too and they too were left alone . Most people following this story have nothing but sympathy for the twins as it is them who will have to live in the shadow of their big sister and the events of May 2007 for the rest of their lives infact I have only ever read of concern for the twins and that people wish them well .
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 02.10.14 4:44

Another thought about this how on earth are they going to police this . Many people especially on twitter  and facebook are from other countries so are they not going to bother with those and just make examples of a few english posters ? 

Whilst I do not agree with the orchestrated abuse which goes on in the likes of twitter and facebook etc I do not class on off off the cuff comments as abuse . Many people make remarks about people in everyday life either because they do not like the person or the person has done something they do not like .

Many people find it incomprehensible that the Mccanns left 3 toddlers on their own in an unlocked apartment whilst they went wining and dining   , which I would say is abuse of Madeleine and the twins  so if someone said they didnt give a whatever about the McCanns then I would class that as a off the cuff remark not abuse .

Are the McCanns going to be prosecuted for child neglect and abuse in light of this as I would have thought it rather farcical if people get prosecuted for name calling anonimously on the internet yet the Mccanns endangered their children by leaving them unattended and get off scott free ? 

so how is this going to work ? are the only going to prosecute english posters who continously leave abusive  comments about the McCanns  ? 

The McCanns continously left 3 children unattended night after night so they could wine and dine as did the rest of the group all of whom should also be prosecuted for continual abuse .

Anyone directing abuse at the twins should be prosecuted imo no one should be abusing children full stop and lets not forget the twins are already victims in all this mess . 

I have said this before and I will say it again I really do fear for the twins future . I sincerley hope they have some kind of support system in place . they are not far off teenagers  , easy to protect them whilst little but not once they get to 12 /13 years old .

I certainly would not want to be the one who has to explain exactlly what happened to them once they start reading everything that has been written about this case and the one thing that will hurt them the most is finding out that they were left alone at the age of 2 to fend for themselves ........heartbreaking 
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by spirals 02.10.14 6:26

The McCanns were never actually "cleared" were they???

It seems like there's a scramble going on to discredit Internet forums and discussion. Maybe the latest book has been driving more people to check out what's being said, which is not exactly what the McCanns want, is it.
spirals

Activity : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 02.10.14 6:26

jeanmonroe wrote:Police probe trolls sending hate messages to McCanns: Detectives to investigate after being given dossier that catalogues remarks, including death threats
Trolls wrongly believe that Kate and Gerry had some involvement in their daughter's disappearance
Some messages are even directed at Madeleine's younger twin siblings
Majority of those posting messages use anonymous social media accounts
One reads: 'These two should burn in hell'... 'I'll supply the lighter - happily'
Dossier calls on police and MPs to crack down on such vile abuse

By Stephen Wright for the Daily Mail

Published: 00:06, 2 October 2014 | Updated: 00:46, 2 October 2014

Scotland Yard is investigating the posting online of hundreds of hate messages aimed at the McCanns.

Detectives have decided to act after being given a dossier which catalogues the abusive remarks – including death threats – aimed at the couple on Twitter, Facebook and online forums.

The messages have been posted by internet trolls who wrongly believe that Kate and Gerry, both 46, had some involvement in the disappearance of their three-year-old daughter Madeleine in Portugal in 2007.

Times article on social media Art110
(KM's 'Scrunchy face', NO 'tears')

The couple, who were cleared by police from any part in their daughter’s disappearance, have been told by trolls to ‘burn in hell’.

Some messages are even directed at Madeleine’s younger twin siblings, now aged nine. According to Sky News, ‘manipulated images’ involving the McCanns – many of them graphic – are also in wide circulation online.

The majority of those who post the vile messages use anonymous social media accounts, so their true identities are disguised.

(Texas girl missing for TWELVE years after she was ABDUCTED BY HER MOTHER and taken to Mexico during custody battle is rescued in secret mission)

But detectives, who are now in talks with the Crown Prosecution Service after being handed a 65-page dossier on the campaign of abuse, are confident they can identify the culprits.

The dossier – compiled by members of the public who sympathise with the McCanns – calls on police and MPs to crack down on such abuse.

Under the 2003 Communications Act, it is an offence to send messages online that are grossly offensive.

Abuse: The messages have been posted by internet trolls who wrongly believe that Kate and Gerry had some involvement in the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine in Portugal in 2007

One troll – who uses the Twitter identity ‘Sweepyface’ and has posted dozens of anti-McCann messages using the #mccann hashtag – was unrepentant when confronted over her campaign.

When asked about her comments directed at the McCanns, she told Sky News: ‘I’m entitled to.’ Among the other messages in the dossier is an exchange on a message board which reads: ‘These two should burn in hell’… ‘I will supply the petrol’… ‘I’ll supply the lighter – happily’.

Other posts include: ‘We need some numbers for some assassins’ and ‘I want to see them… trampled by horses.’

Also, several trolls claim to live near to the McCanns. One troll who claimed to live in their village posted: ‘I’m going round with the cuffs and bags.’

Another troll who claimed to live locally said: ‘Saw KM at the gym today, gave her a look of utter disgust, managed to hold my tongue though.’

The dossier’s authors claim that at least six Twitter accounts have been set up principally to abuse the McCanns and their supporters.

The campaigner spearheading the appeal – who has asked to remain anonymous – told Sky News: ‘We’re very worried that it’s only going to take somebody to act out some of these discussions, some of the threats, and we couldn’t live with ourselves if that happened and we had done nothing.’

Former police chief and online child security expert Jim Gamble said: ‘I’m deeply concerned by the behaviours displayed… I think the time has come for the hardcore few in the midst of this group to be investigated.’

Detective Inspector Michael Kilkenny of the Metropolitan Police told the campaign group: ‘In consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service and the McCann family, the material will now be assessed and decisions made as to what further action, if any, should be undertaken.’

Last night the McCanns declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777145/Police-probe-trolls-sending-hate-messages-McCanns-Detectives-investigate-given-dossier-catalogues-remarks-including-death-threats.html#ixzz3EwPpicQa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
where is their proof that the trolls are wrong,articles like this make me sick.another non story
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Times article on social media Empty Haters

Post by The....truth 02.10.14 7:37

There we go...

Author Anthony Summers, whose book Looking for Madeleine was published last month, said: "There is a campaign of hatred against the parents.

"It is venomous and vitriolic, most of it done by cowards. We are taken aback by the extent of the sheer evil behind it all."

All singing from the same hymn sheet.
The....truth

Activity : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 02.10.14 7:42

Who knows, this may mean that at last we get some arrests and prosecutions (besides that of Goncalo Amaral) in the case of missing Madeleine McCann.

Here's ITV News's take on the story:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Police examining 'dossier' of online death threats and abuse aimed at McCann family

Times article on social media Article_update_imgOnline messages aimed at Kate and Gerry McCann included deathwishes and insults.
Online messages aimed at Kate and Gerry McCann included deathwishes and insults. Credit: PA

A dossier of online abuse directed at the parents of Madeleine McCann is being examined by police.

Members of the public have handed a file stretching to more than 80 pages of Tweets, Facebook posts and forum messages aimed at Kate and Gerry McCann to Scotland Yard, according to Sky News.

The material posted by online "trolls" is said to have included suggestions that the couple should be tortured or killed.

One message board comment reportedly said: "These 2 should burn in hell."

Sky News said other posts in the dossier included: "I hope that the McCanns are living in total misery" and "I want to see them smashed up the back of a bus or trampled by horses".

Times article on social media Article_update_imgThree-year-old Madeleine McCann went missing while on holiday in Portugal.
Three-year-old Madeleine McCann went missing while on holiday in Portugal. Credit: Police

Some messages were said to have been directed at Madeleine's younger siblings, now aged nine.

The posts were gathered by people who are concerned about the abuse.

One campaigner, who did not wish to be named, told Sky News: "We're very worried that it's only going to take somebody to act out of some of these discussions, some of the threats that have been made, and we couldn't live with ourselves if that happened and we had done nothing."

The material is being assessed by officers who are liaising with prosecutors and the missing girl's family.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said:
We can confirm we received a letter and documentation on September 9 which was passed to officers from Operation Grange.
They are assessing its contents and consulting with the CPS and the McCann family.
– Metropolitan Police

Operation Grange is the name for the Metropolitan Police's involvement in the search for Madeleine.

Last updated Thu 2 Oct 2014

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Note how this story promotes...

* McCanns as victims

* McCann-sceptics as 'haters' (within three weeks of Summers & Swan book saying the same thing)

* haters needing to be banned (Theresa May speech at Conservative Party conference).

The dossier was handed to Operation Grange TWO DAYS before Summers & Swan's book, with two chapters on 'haters', was published.

It has the 'feel' of some carefully-co-ordinated activity at a high level

++++

A good moment, surely, if anyone here has not done so, to sign one or both of these two new petitions calling for an independent public enquiry into all the McCann investiagtions, both official and private:

Prime Minister petition:  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69944

Care2 Petition:  http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/782/668/333/#sign

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice 02.10.14 7:44

Just got up and clicked onto the Sky News app and it's the latest news in top stories and UK news. 

Anthony Summers is in the very last small paragraph at the bottom of the story. 

I don't condone the level of abuse they endure as stooping to that level tars us all with the same brush instead of crediting the serious points about this case that go unanswered. 
I don't condone it but I think if they had been somehow held to account rather than glorified and given almost celebrity status for leaving their kids alone in that apartment, there wouldn't be such strong feeling. 

Although I don't stoop to that level, i'm not going anywhere and despite how many books are written or what Lorraine Kelly thinks I'll stick to my view and happily voice it.
waiting for justice

Activity : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.10.14 7:54

@TB 7.42 am

The material is being assessed by officers who are liaising with prosecutors and the missing girl's family.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said:

We can confirm we received a letter and documentation on September 9 which was passed to officers from Operation Grange.
They are assessing its contents and consulting with the CPS and the McCann family.
– Metropolitan Police

Operation Grange is the name for the Metropolitan Police's involvement in the search for Madeleine.

Last updated Thu 2 Oct 2014

Why would Operation Grange be looking at twitter accounts?  It's not part of their remit.  What individuals choose to tweet is not relevant to finding out what happened to MBM seven+ years ago.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice 02.10.14 8:01

Good point Tony about the coordinated high level activity but personally, I think it's quite lower level. 
This stinks of the MC's, Clarrie and Summers & Swan, the MC's sitting in the background, the injured party 
and oblivious to all this hatred. Members of the public, standing up and doing the right thing in reporting these trolls. 
ETA: I hardly think someone giving KM a dirty look in a gym is a punishable offence? 

I wonder if their Facebook page was submitted. 
The police would have a field day reading this Pam Gurneys comments.
waiting for justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 02.10.14 9:03

I’ve often wondered how many of the abusive twitterers are actually part of the TM Media Monitoring Mob to give Basil and co. something to kick back against.

The Met won’t want to investigate that can of worms too closely.

How did Sky get to interview Sweepyface?

Is this balanced journalism? The overwhelming majority of ‘haters’ (how balanced is that?) are not abusive and would not condone the abusive rubbish tweeted from both sides.

Is this why S & S Facebook was ‘whooshed’ so that the ‘Book of Gurney’ was no longer quite so accessible to the general public when this story broke?
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 02.10.14 9:18

Thetruth wrote:There we go...

All singing from the same hymn sheet.
Yep it does and smacks of desperation in my view ? Nearly choked on my full English this morning when Sky News was confronting that troll/hater from twitter........how do they know its not Pam Gurney ??? I think they are all trying too much to make us believe their version !!!

Whoever/whenever are we told of the victims that are getting HATE mail and abuse,even that poor bloke " Mr Jeffries" who people thought had killed the girl who lived in one of the flats, the public only found out when he took the papers to Court but not the individual people who was sending him abusive messages  ........ Now he is a victim in my eyes !
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice 02.10.14 9:19

The sky news article links go like this: 

"Some material really disturbing" an interview with one of the members of the public. 

"A monstrous campaign" newsreaders comments

"Some of the abusive tweets" a run down of the worst examples

"Sept 7 : is bogus charity worker a" interestingly an interview with S&S ref the book with focus on the burglaries and strangers lurking around and in particular around apartment 5A. 

"At 2pm we will be holding a Twitter Q&A with crime correspondent Martin Brunt on our exclusive story about the abuse Madeline McCann's parents have suffered online. 
Tweet your questions to the hashtag #AskBrunt"

Could be an interesting one!
waiting for justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor 02.10.14 9:20

McCann 'haters' have been vocal for over 7 years. Why this now ?

This could be a pre-emptive pink strike at something on the horizon........T-day ?

We live in hope.
Carrry On Doctor
Carrry On Doctor

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 02.10.14 9:23

Anonymous ? Mcs sympathisers compiled a dossier?
Jim Gamble mentioned.
McCann mentioned.
Martin Brunt reporting.

Who handed list to Police?
How did the press know about it?
Who called to inform Press "Haters" dossier been handed to Police?

Which stranger pro-Mccanns, never met or know the MCs would spend time compiling a dossier, lodge a police report, and speak to the Press? There is just no vested interest for a Mccann apologist / sympathiser to do that.

It's definitive an orchestrated action by team Mccann.
Playing the victim card, as usual.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 02.10.14 9:44

........ and the Richard Philips Blog having been targeted this week as well.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 02.10.14 10:08

er, this is from the Daily Mail

" The couple, who were cleared by police from any part in their daughter’s disappearance, have been told by trolls to ‘burn in hell "

When were they cleared by police ??? Have I missed something ?
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 02.10.14 10:13

Carrry On Doctor wrote:McCann 'haters' have been vocal for over 7 years. Why this now ?

This could be a pre-emptive pink strike at something on the horizon........T-day ?

We live in hope.
Just what I was thinking, maybe, maybe it's something going on....."T-Day" 
It may be an attempt to silence these people. 
I read some information that somebody has left over a video with sensitive content, By hand to Hampshire Police. 
The video has reportedly been filmed in Portugal that week, PJ never looked at it. 
I do not know if this is the same video that Peter Mac was talking about.?? 
It will be interesting weeks.

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top