The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Facebook Comments Gone! - Page 3 Mm11

Facebook Comments Gone! - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Facebook Comments Gone! - Page 3 Mm11

Facebook Comments Gone! - Page 3 Regist10

Facebook Comments Gone!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Facebook Comments Gone! - Page 3 Empty Re: Facebook Comments Gone!

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 30.09.14 23:59

Pamela Gurney

What a complete twit.

Yes, I spelt that correctly big grin
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 01.10.14 0:07

aiyoyo wrote:
At this rate the Publisher may demand a refund for their advance for a poorly constituted bewk.
I know you were probably being facetious, but the contract will have been signed by both parties and the advance will have been paid wih certain considerations in mind (i.e. delivery of manuscript by due date). Beyond those contractual considerations the publishers cannot claim for anything beyond. I'll bet they didn't see this coming though!

Unless this 'failure' was planned, they are now in fire-control mode.

Oh, and shit sticks!

In my opinion!

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 01.10.14 0:11

Rogue-a-Tory wrote:Pamela Gurney

What a complete twit.

Yes, I spelt that correctly big grin
I'm glad you did because the other thing is useful!

In my opinion!

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 01.10.14 15:10

Brian Griffin wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
At this rate the Publisher may demand a refund for their advance for a poorly constituted bewk.
I know you were probably being facetious, but the contract will have been signed by both parties and the advance will have been paid wih certain considerations in mind (i.e. delivery of manuscript by due date). Beyond those contractual considerations the publishers cannot claim for anything beyond. I'll bet they didn't see this coming though!

Unless this 'failure' was planned, they are now in fire-control mode.

Oh, and shit sticks!

In my opinion!

It's not uncommon for up-and-coming writers not to be paid an advance and only paid after manuscript is viewed and accepted by publisher. In the case of established writers like Mr & Mrs Winters they would have been paid an advance, especially if the publisher is the same one that published all their other books, believing they can deliver a money making product. Just shows you betting on the same horses is not a guaranteed win all the time.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.10.14 16:19

aiyoyo wrote:It's not uncommon for up-and-coming writers not to be paid an advance and only paid after manuscript is viewed and accepted by publisher.  In the case of established writers like Mr & Mrs Winters they would have been paid an advance, especially if the publisher is the same one that published all their other books, believing they can deliver a money making product.  Just shows you betting on the same horses is not a guaranteed win all the time.

We don't know that.

Maybe they were sponsored and were well paid before it went anywhere near a publisher.

Maybe it was ghost written.. the use of the word "haters" and any critical research suggests it.

Maybe they handed it over to the publisher without an advance or a small one because that was part of the sponsorship deal.

We don't know.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 01.10.14 17:34

We don't know, but it is common practice for a big company like Hachette to pay an advance if the book was commissioned to be written especially. If S&S wrote the book first and then looked for a publisher, it might be a different story. I imagine they would be regretting this book now, especially Swan, as I imagine her career still has more active years left than doddery, old hubby! Why so few sales?

In my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top