The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Authors Summers and Swan reply to critics of their book about Madeleine  - Page 3 Mm11

Authors Summers and Swan reply to critics of their book about Madeleine  - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Authors Summers and Swan reply to critics of their book about Madeleine  - Page 3 Mm11

Authors Summers and Swan reply to critics of their book about Madeleine  - Page 3 Regist10

Authors Summers and Swan reply to critics of their book about Madeleine

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Authors Summers and Swan reply to critics of their book about Madeleine  - Page 3 Empty Re: Authors Summers and Swan reply to critics of their book about Madeleine

Post by Guest 22.09.14 10:19

sharonl wrote:
The work contains “graphic detail on a series of sex assaults on little British girls prior to Madeleine’s disappearance” and names several paedophile suspects.

Can anybody who has read the book confirm if this is true or not?

It sounds like they are trying to appeal to the kind of person who like to read the graphic details of sex assaults on children. In fact I believe such accounts, in the form of victim's statements, are in such demand that they are regarded as a form of currency.....

.....IN PRISON!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Authors Summers and Swan reply to critics of their book about Madeleine  - Page 3 Empty Re: Authors Summers and Swan reply to critics of their book about Madeleine

Post by pennylane 22.09.14 10:27

BlueBag wrote:
tiny wrote:No one with any brains would take this pair of muppets seriously,would they?.

That's not the point.

The point is that the MSM are presenting them to the uninformed general public as having written the "explosive" "definitive account".

It's all perception management... media management.

Well it's royally backfiring on the infamous child neglectors, because each time they attempt to further their desperate brainwashing campaign, more and more people come out and confirm their profound disgust and deep distrust in the pair!
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 22.09.14 11:56

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
sharonl wrote:
The work contains “graphic detail on a series of sex assaults on little British girls prior to Madeleine’s disappearance” and names several paedophile suspects.
Can anybody who has read the book confirm if this is true or not?

It sounds like they are trying to appeal to the kind of person who like to read the graphic details of sex assaults on children. In fact I believe such accounts, in the form of victim's statements, are in such demand that they are regarded as a form of currency...IN PRISON!
I think this is a reference to the contents of Chapter 5, which covers all the assorted burglars, intruders and sex-pests etc. which now surround this story.

The nearest to anything 'graphic' seems to be the familiar account of Margaret Hall, a baby-sitter, here's an extract from the Summers & Swan book, p. 62:

"Something in the shadows moved and she thought at first - because there had recently been problems with rodents - that it must be a rat. She was shocked, moments later, to realise 'it was the brown shoe of a man. She shouted, and the man came out of the darknsss, activating motion-sensor lighting. He came towards her saying:  No. No...Frightened, she retreated into Apartment 5A'..."

There's nothing remotely near so graphic as there was on p. 129 of Dr Kate McCann's book...

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 22.09.14 15:30

sharonl wrote: “make vile allegations on the basis of no evidence at all”
what

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 22.09.14 15:35

tiny wrote:No one with any brains would take this pair of muppets seriously,would they?.
Which pair? S&S or the McCanns?
In either case, sadly, yes, a lot of people take them seriously! In the first case because of their previous works that are being used as a basis for truth. How many articles make a big deal of listing their books? In the second, yes, and I really don't know why! People who should know better won't have a word said against them, which is one reason I became an active poster on here after weeks of lurking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 22.09.14 15:36

BlueBag wrote:

That's not the point.

The point is that the MSM are presenting them to the uninformed general public as having written the "explosive" "definitive account".

agree goodpost

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 23.09.14 9:31

sharonl wrote:Torrent of hate’ for new Madeleine book

Monday, September 22, 2014
Authors Summers and Swan reply to critics of their book about Madeleine  - Page 3 MadeleineMcCannaged3_large
By Christy Parker

The authors of a new book on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann say the publication is being targeted by a sustained campaign of abuse online.
They claim they have “received confirmation” that “vigilantes” within a Facebook group claiming some 30,000 members are intent on sabotaging the book because it concludes that the family had no role in the disappearance.
Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan, who live in west Waterford, said there has been “a torrent of hate mail” largely on Facebook and Twitter, from people who persecute Madeleine’s parents and “make vile allegations on the basis of no evidence at all”.
The book has also attracted some negative commentary on the Amazon site most of which, the writers contend, “make it clear the review writers had not first read the book”.
The site also carries many positive reviews, while the book has been described as “compelling” by the Daily Telegraph.
The Richard and Judy book club labels it “forensically detailed... incredibly chilling”, while The Sun considers it “explosive”.
Between them the authors have written or co-written eight acclaimed biographies, including works on Marilyn Monroe, Richard Nixon, J Edgar Hoover, and JFK.
Their 2011 collaboration, The Eleventh Day: The Full Story of 9/11 & Osama bin Laden, was shortlisted for the Pulitzer Prize for History.
Looking for Madeleine, on which they worked for two years, claims to be “the first independent, in-depth, and definitive account” of the disappearance of the three- year-old from her family’s holiday apartment in the Algarve on May 3, 2007.
The book examines documentation and official statements pertinent to the investigation and analyses events as they unfolded before, during and since Madeleine’s disappearance, now widely presumed to have been an abduction.
The book dismisses any suggestion that the McCanns were in any way responsible for the disappearance, and ask “why many people in the UK — and a majority in Portugal — speculate that the McCanns have something to hide”.
-Looking For Madeleine is published by Headline Press.

© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/torrent-of-hate-for-new-madeleine-book-288012.html#.VB-4f76q4R8.twitter
Interesting use of 'vigilantes' in the article, although it isn't clear whether it is Christy Parker's term, or one that S&S have used. To my knowledge a vigilante is someone who takes the law into their own hands because the law won't act. It's always nice to have an official definition, so from the Merriam Webster freebie online dictionary we have:

a member of a volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily (as when the processes of law are viewed as inadequate); broadly :  a self-appointed doer of justice

I agree with the term and see its use as accurate because the authorities refuse to see what is not just staring them in the face, but slapping them repeatedly around it with a large, wet plaice! So, yes, S&S, please go on using the term 'vigilante' because each time you do, you showcase and shame the authorities that won't act.

You'd think professional wordsmiths would be more careful, wouldn't you?

In my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 23.09.14 10:19

Between them the authors have written or co-written eight acclaimed biographies, including works on Marilyn Monroe, Richard Nixon, J Edgar Hoover, and JFK.
As though that would make a difference, just trying to  make the book seem credible. People will not buy into that idea yawn
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 23.09.14 10:28

Brian Griffin wrote:
BlueBag wrote:

That's not the point.

agree goodpost
but has the "perception management" worked?

IMO there are thousands and thousands very disillusioned with the media and its management.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 23.09.14 11:14

MSM is about sales  - everything has to be 'explosive' in order to sell.
If one paper said the book was 'a new book on Madeleine mc Cann' and another said ' explosive revelations regarding Madeleine! - which will sell better?

However, the public have been duped so many times by supposedly  new revelatins on the Mc Cann story - they just yawn now.. the only thing regarding Madeleine that will sell papers will be when people are arrested.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 23.09.14 11:15

plebgate wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:
BlueBag wrote:

That's not the point.

agree goodpost
but has the "perception management" worked?

IMO there are thousands and thousands very disillusioned with the media and its management.
Media Management.

I've read a bit about 'shills'. I've seen the Twitter punch-ups.

There are always going to be zealous people on either side of an internet argument. This is manna from heaven to media management. Shills can be paid to be nuts on both sides of the argument. Get yourself a bunch of paid 'haters' alongside the easily led and promote your cause.

As Jim Gamble says...no need to name them.

This book is now reduced to S&S and Jim Gamble speaking of 'haters'. Who's pulling the strings?

I make no bones about disliking Twitter. It's open to manipulation. Facebook is the same imo. How many 'haters' could be paid shills to write really bad things in order to stir up a hornet nest?

Stephen Birch - I was the first person to comment on Birch's post on this forum...I think I wrote 'nutcase' and was royally ticked off by Candyfloss. Now Stephen Birch (I haven't changed my mind since my first post) made a big point of saying the Murats were taking him to court. They haven't as far as I know and neither have the McCanns.

So it's interesting to see a campaign for a book that has S&S and Jim Gamble almost screaming 'haters'.

That's media manipulation.

Oh, and if anyone does Twitter could they possibly ask Jim Gamble what the photograph of him standing on a podium in front of microphones between the UK and USA flags is for? and could they also ask him why there's a stock shot of Table Mountain, Cape Town?

Given Jim's tweet (my underlining)

Jim Gamble  @JimGamble_INEQE    ·     12h  
U never hv 2name them. Jst mention #Haters & their ranting bile spews out. Same self serving deluded few pretending 2b more than they are.

I'd like to know if Jim is open to answering a few questions about his Twitter image.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 23.09.14 11:53

'This book is now reduced to S&S and Jim Gamble speaking of 'haters'.'

They've got Gurning Pamela too, don't forget!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.09.14 12:40

aquila

There are always going to be zealous people on either side of an internet argument. This is manna from heaven to media management. Shills can be paid to be nuts on both sides of the argument. Get yourself a bunch of paid 'haters' alongside the easily led and promote your cause.

It's pretty obvious that that's the game on most internet forums.

They surround attempts at serious questioning and debate with nut cases that can easily have the finger pointed at them. EVERYONE gets included by association.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 23.09.14 12:47

aquila wrote:
Stephen Birch - I was the first person to comment on Birch's post on this forum...I think I wrote 'nutcase' and was royally ticked off by Candyfloss. Now Stephen Birch (I haven't changed my mind since my first post) made a big point of saying the Murats were taking him to court. They haven't as far as I know and neither have the McCanns.
Yes, candyfloss was very insistent that we gave plenty of space to discussing the self-promoting Birch and his preposterous theory - whilst at the same time she was always wholly convinced that Operation Grange had every appearance of being a genuine, wholehearted search for the truth.

She was a widely-respected Moderator though, who saw the forum through a couple of crises, and that's one significant achievement she'll always have to her name

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements 23.09.14 13:19

Tony Bennett wrote:
aquila wrote:
Yes, candyfloss was very insistent that we gave plenty of space to discussing the self-promoting Birch and his preposterous theory - whilst at the same time she was always wholly convinced that Operation Grange had every appearance of being a genuine, wholehearted search for the truth.

She was a widely-respected Moderator though, who saw the forum through a couple of crises, and that's one significant achievement she'll always have to her name
Candyfloss should also be thanked for taking all the trolls with her when she left. It's a much more pleasant forum to be part of these days. I found it quite hard to bear that she allowed the trolls to stay so long.

Activity : 701

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 23.09.14 13:34

Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:
Candyfloss should also be thanked for taking all the trolls with her when she left. It's a much more pleasant forum to be part of these days. I found it quite hard to bear that she allowed the trolls to stay so long.
Well, without mentioning any names, WLBTS, travis macbickle & Andrew77R excepted, I say 'Amen' to that, GGS

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 23.09.14 15:19

Tony Bennett wrote:
Well, without mentioning any names, WLBTS, travis macbickle & Andrew77R excepted, I say 'Amen' to that, GGS
Yes - much less forum stress now
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 23.09.14 16:38

Anybody seen this???

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/Book.htm

Sorry can only copy link, bit of a technophobe!
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 23.09.14 17:12

A message to readers of Summers and Swan book 'Looking for Madeleine'
Sitemap
This information belongs to the Ministerio Publico in Portimao, Portugal.
It was released to the public on 4 August 2008 in accordance with Portuguese Law

www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk hosts the Original Portuguese files alongside the translations into English, with file reference number and the translators name attached.

Although S&S say they were using the Original files. I must question why S&S did not give the Portuguese reference number to each file they needed, with credits to the translator that they used.

If these procedures where carried out, readers would have been able to check for themselves if what is in the book is true or not.

This would have saved S&S a lot of the backlash and heartache,

McCann PJ Files

In the book it has left us with the presumption “but not the proof” that they have their own Portuguese copy of the files, with their own translators.  

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 23.09.14 19:32

With due respect, I don't think it's fair to label them as trolls though. 

People dissenting the Mcs don't like to be labelled as"haters", nor would reasonable people banned from S&S's FB like to be termed as trolls.  In the same vein, labelling banned members as "trolls" because they fall foul of rules, or fall foul of TB or other member for that matter is unjustified and unnecessary. Otherwise it would be an irony wouldn't it?

I most certainly object to being termed as a 'hater.  I don't hate the Mcs. I don't know them personally to feel any kind of emotion for them one way or another.  I'm sure banned members on the side of Madeleine don't like to be termed as trolls either.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements 23.09.14 20:10

aiyoyo wrote:

People dissenting the Mcs don't like to be labelled as"haters", nor would reasonable people banned from S&S's FB like to be termed as trolls.  In the same vein, labelling banned members as "trolls" because they fall foul of rules, or fall foul of TB or other member for that matter is unjustified and unnecessary. Otherwise it would be an irony wouldn't it?

I most certainly object to being termed as a 'hater.  I don't hate the Mcs. I don't know them personally to feel any kind of emotion for them one way or another.  I'm sure banned members on the side of Madeleine don't like to be termed as trolls either.

Troll (Internet)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[ltr]For a Wikipedia essay on the topic, see meta:What is a troll?
"Trolling" redirects here. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).
Authors Summers and Swan reply to critics of their book about Madeleine  - Page 3 20px-Padlock-silver.svg
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6][/ltr]

Activity : 701

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 23.09.14 21:13

aiyoyo wrote:

Troll (Internet)

[ltr]For a Wikipedia essay on the topic, see meta:What is a troll?
Authors Summers and Swan reply to critics of their book about Madeleine  - Page 3 20px-Padlock-silver.svg
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6][/ltr]

I am very angry at this label, troll. I am a member of the new forum and certainly not to my knowledge never done anything by word or deed to discredit this forum, which and whose members I hold in high esteem.
On the new forum I am Lorraine.
Now ban me.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 23.09.14 21:35

The word 'troll' has been so oft used it is now on a par with calling someone a 'racist' if they mention, for example, immigration. It's dishonest and now holds no power. It's not even the correct usage of the word. But surely, in the Internet sense, everyone is a troll to someone out there if they hold a view other than one's own. Bottom line - it's bollox!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.09.14 21:44

Nina wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Troll (Internet)

For a Wikipedia essay on the topic, see meta:What is a troll?
This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]

I am very angry at this label, troll. I am a member of the new forum and certainly not to my knowledge never done anything by word or deed to discredit this forum, which and whose members I hold in high esteem.
On the new forum I am Lorraine.
Now ban me.

Nina, please don't be angry, I think the posters were referring to the disruptors who have left this forum, not to long-standing members such as yourself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 23.09.14 21:56

Thank you for clearing that up LIR

No one is being banned merely for posting on another forum.

Can we get this thread back on topic now please
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top