The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

A really terrible start for 'The People's Voice' as they launch a 35-minute video of Sonia Poulton interviewing nutcase Stephen Birch about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The People's Voice interviewing Stephen Birch for 35 minutes was...

1. A good idea

2. A bad idea

View results

Re: A really terrible start for 'The People's Voice' as they launch a 35-minute video of Sonia Poulton interviewing nutcase Stephen Birch about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Post by Cristobell on 05.12.13 13:40

aquila wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
aquila wrote:
Daisy wrote:I believed TPV was supposed to be the exact opposite to the mainstream media. Cutting through the crap, the dis/misinformation, the conflicting stories that muddy the waters. I thought it was about exposing the truth. Instead, so far (within a week) we've had Stephen Birch & Michael Shrimpton giving their own unsubstantiated and opposing theories that would leave anybody new to the case completely baffled. How is this any different to the MSM?
Spot on Daisy.

@Tony Bennett. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

@Cristobell. As you say everyone is entitled to their opinion and I gave mine. I didn't ask you to agree with it.
And I exercised my right to reply.
You did indeed exercise your right to reply. Here's a snip from it

"I was expecting to be torn to shreds by the McCann supporters and to be honest, I suppose I knew that a few on here would join in with the bitching."

I take it my opinion falls into your 'bitching' category.
Comment deleted by Admin. Cristobell, personal abuse of a fellow-member is against forum rules - ADMIN

Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Re: A really terrible start for 'The People's Voice' as they launch a 35-minute video of Sonia Poulton interviewing nutcase Stephen Birch about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.13 13:41

Daisy wrote:I believed TPV was supposed to be the exact opposite to the mainstream media. Cutting through the crap, the dis/misinformation, the conflicting stories that muddy the waters. I thought it was about exposing the truth. Instead, so far (within a week) we've had Stephen Birch & Michael Shrimpton giving their own unsubstantiated and opposing theories
Daisy...whaaatt!!

Are you seriously telling me that 'The People's Voice' have also recycled the crazy fantasies of Michael Shrimpton on the Madeleine McCann case?

if so, the situation is far far worse than I thought this morning. They are exposing their viewers to utter rubbish about Madeleine's disappearance.

No good whatsoever can come of this

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 05.12.13 13:44

Tony Bennett wrote:
Daisy wrote:I believed TPV was supposed to be the exact opposite to the mainstream media. Cutting through the crap, the dis/misinformation, the conflicting stories that muddy the waters. I thought it was about exposing the truth. Instead, so far (within a week) we've had Stephen Birch & Michael Shrimpton giving their own unsubstantiated and opposing theories
Daisy...whaaatt!!

Are you seriously telling me that 'The People's Voice' have also recycled the crazy fantasies of Michael Shrimpton on the Madeleine McCann case?

if so, the situation is far far worse than I thought this morning. They are exposing their viewers to utter rubbish about Madeleine's disappearance.

Oh yes.

Here's part 1

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.13 13:49

Cristobell wrote:Your posturing stance on this matter is, frankly, ridiculous Tony.  You cite Peter Tatchell, as another reason never to tune into TPV again, because you find him morally corrupt.  On that basis and given the scandal surrounding Jimmy Savile, can we assume you no longer tune into the BBC?
I've not paid my TV licence for 12 years for the simple reason that I gave up our television 12 years ago.

I concede there are some excellent programmes on the TV, and I like watching sport and nature programmes, but I was no longer willing to pay for the output of what I regard, in so many ways, as a highly poisonous institution. I refused to support them financially any more.

Let us not dsecend into personal remarks. Let us state our views calmly. As you have read above, I credit you with having the courage to state your views on the case and to go on TV as you did.

What a crying shame, however, that Icke is promoting fantasists and attention-seekers like Stephen Birch and Michael Shrimpton.

If we needed proof, it goes to show how out-of-touch with reality he is

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.13 13:54

Daisy wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Daisy...whaaatt!!

Oh yes.

Here's part 1

Aaaaaarrrggghhh!

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 05.12.13 13:58

Daisy wrote:I believed TPV was supposed to be the exact opposite to the mainstream media. Cutting through the crap, the dis/misinformation, the conflicting stories that muddy the waters. I thought it was about exposing the truth. Instead, so far (within a week) we've had Stephen Birch & Michael Shrimpton giving their own unsubstantiated and opposing theories that would leave anybody new to the case completely baffled. How is this any different to the MSM?
But  isn't the whole point of a people voice tv channel to report news, doesn't matter the subjective value of the news.
PVTV does not state its ethos as busting the myth, exposing the truth, exposing the lies, standing up as voice for only Madeleine, or anything like that.
It is just a platform for People's Voice.

People generally select news that interests them to watch.  
Anyone new who hasn't heard about Madeleine case with all the furore that goes on the MSM is very unlikely to select Madeleine news to watch or be without discerning capability to value news/information/disinformation for what it is.  Otherwise, anyone new would equally be baffled by voice on anti-abduction and skeptics of mccanns theory for the same reason.
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 05.12.13 14:12

Tony Bennett wrote:Replies to Cristobell

REPLY TO TONY: The entire global media industry have been promoting inaccurate information about Madeleine's disappearance since the case began! At this stage Tony, no-one can say for certain what is 'accurate'. Both you and I have researched Birch's claims and found them to be rubbish, but we cannot demand that people believe us.

REPLY: But I can equally criticise 'The People's Voice' for actively promoting what you yourself condemn as 'rubbish'.

REPLY TO TONY:  You can indeed, and you are doing so now.  There is nothing to stop you contacting TPV Tony.

REPLY TO TONY: 'the truth to us' was generic, apologies it wasn't clear. I'm not suggesting Sonia should interview every fruitloop who steps up with a theory Tony, that would be ridiculous. Stephen Birch however is a person of interest in this case (not in a criminal sense), that is, there are enough people interested in his theory to warrant interviewing him.

REPLY: What kind of argument is that? Do we give Muslim terrorists in this country a platform for their odious views? At least if we do, we should vigorously challenge them. Poulton conspicuously failed to challenge what you yourself say is Birch's 'rubbish'. Have fruitloops like Birch on your channel if you really want to make a fool of yourself. but at the very least expose them as fruitloops they are. Besides, are there 'enough people' interested in his theory? - I think they can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

REPLY TO TONY:  You are thinking judgement 'lite'.  I mean 'judge' in the sense of the moral character, political views, ideology etc.  If society chose only to celebrate the good, the just and the righteous, our art galleries would be empty, our libraries bereft of books and our DVD and CD collections limited to Watch with Mother.

REPLY TO TONY: something we have been fighting for, for 6+ years!

REPLY: Only for Birch to be given an unchallenged 35 minutes.

REPLY TO TONY:  Ce la vie.  Such is life Tony.  

REPLY TO TONY: One of our biggest problems with this case has been the failure of the UK mainstream media. It is rather churlish now to tear apart the opening programmes,

REPLY: We should not criticise them at all? We should all stay silent if they put out unadulterated rubbish?

REPLY TO TONY:  Positive criticism would have been kinder in view of what they trying to achieve.

and the amazing efforts of a small group of zealous people who have the guts to attempt something new.

REPLY: Hats off to them if they produce credible news, interviews and research.

REPLY TO TONY:  Indeed.  It is not easy to step up to the plate as we both know.

REPLY TO TONY: See above. Whether we like it or not, he has risen to prominence in this case and he has an audience.

REPLY: Who says he has 'risen to prominence'? And even if he has, does that mean 'The People's Voice' should air his views without challenge? Rev Paul Flowers, of 'gay orgy, defrunding charities and drugs' fame, never mind running one of Britain's banks, has recently 'risen to prominence'. Does that mean that 'The People's Voice' should give him an unchallenged platform to promote his views?

REPLY TO TONY:  You are rather going off topic there Tony.  We are discussing the way in which TPV have handled the Madeleine case thus far.  

REPLY TO TONY: I don't know who 'chooses' interviewees. I was invited to appear by Sonia - whilst yours is still 'live' and continuing and raising more questions. What I find difficult to comprehend Tony, is that we are all on the same side...I am using the term 'same side' generically, in that we are all outside of the mainstream media - if it weren't for TPV tv, we would not have a voice. That is why we are here - to get justice for Madeleine McCann, and demeaning the efforts of a brave journalist like Sonia Poulton who is actually putting our side across, makes no sense whatsoever.

REPLY: I've stated my views re Sonia Poulton's interview with Birch. Maybe 'The People's Voice' will bring us in-depth news and analysis of things we don't hear about on the mainstream media. It has not IMO made a promising start. As for yourself, anyone who takes risks to get out the truth deserves credit.

REPLY TO TONY: Surely the purpose of a news channel is to report the news Tony, not create it. In the case of missing Madeleine McCann, Stephen Birch is part of that news. Are you suggesting that journalists should 'judge' the people they interview before giving them airtime?

REPLY: Most definitely. Good judgment is a very important part of good journalism.

REPLY TO TONY:  In a busy newsroom, I would imagine most of the team have their fingers crossed that the interviewee will have a pulse, can string a sentence together and won't dry up when asked a question.  

As for judging the people they interview, that is not their role.  I very much doubt Bill Grundy was keen to interview The Sex Pistols, all those years ago, but they were making headlines.

REPLY TO TONY: Wouldn't that be some bizarre form of censorship?

REPLY: Not censorship, and not bizarre. You say Birch's views are rubbish. Can you explain why Poulton didn't challenge him?

REPLY TO TONY:  From the brief clips I have seen, I don't think she could get a word in!  

REPLY TO TONY: ...and go against the ethos of the People's Voice TV channel? as The People's Voice TV have offered us a platform to put forward our side of this story - something we have not had thus far.

REPLY: I will listen out with great interest for any futher coverage by Icke & Poulton of the Madeleine McCann case.

In the meantime, it looks like we will have to agree to disagree about a few things.

REPLY TO TONY:  Amen to that.  Thank you for the debate. smilie 

Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.12.13 14:41

I would prefer factual news, not a free for all by a loon like Birch who'se probably paid for this extra exposure. 

The bottom line is that an interview is only as good as the interviewer. 

If inaccurate statements are seen as news the whole thing is pointless. The channel will be nothing more than a stream of consciousness of  whoever manages to appear. 

Debating societies are out of fashion but imo any interviewer worth his salt should be able to state facts, with references as to why these are facts.  They should be able to present different sides to a case. 

It's nothing personal but I cannot see how it is a risk for Christobell to have appeared. 
She tweets under her own name, she uses her portrait as an avatar, she can be easily contacted via her publisher,  few persons have tweeted derogatory remarks and C calling them paid shillsisn't libel as such if no individual is named. 
Her blog has no controversial content to worry about imo, only the apparently hard to master cut and paste is a problem for some. sad She can be contacted via her blog too. 

At the present moment with McCann news all over the place, I doubt that CR bother to have our Kev monitor the channel. 

Calling it the People's TV was unwise I feel, it is names such as People's republics, People's Parties which tend to be used by oppressive regimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 05.12.13 14:47

aiyoyo wrote:
But  isn't the whole point of a people voice tv channel to report news, doesn't matter the subjective value of the news.
PVTV does not state its ethos as busting the myth, exposing the truth, exposing the lies, standing up as voice for only Madeleine, or anything like that.

Anyone new who hasn't heard about Madeleine case with all the furore that goes on the MSM is very unlikely to select Madeleine news to watch or be without discerning capability to value news/information/disinformation for what it is.  Otherwise, anyone new would equally be baffled by voice on anti-abduction and skeptics of mccanns theory for the same reason.
Well it reads that way to me.

Snipped: "The People's Voice offer a platform to mainstream opinion ­ it is our primary goal to question the official and alternative view of everything in the spirit of real journalism and the pursuit of the truth."

http://www.thepeoplesvoice.tv/about

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.12.13 14:51

Cristobell wrote:

I did the best I could to bring up the questions and anomalies that surround the abduction story, and I have to say, it is not as easy as you may think - as I am sure Tony will agree, there is limited time to speak and I had already been told that Carter Ruck would be watching carefully, not to mention the crazed McCann fans who already have 20+ pages of abuse about me. 

Yes, I ventured over to the "dark side" for a little bit last week just to see what they had to say and I noticed they've got a file on you! Personally I'd wear it like a badge of honour, although it is a bit worrying at the same time....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.12.13 14:54

Tony Bennett wrote:
Daisy...whaaatt!!

You assume (wrongly, I hope) that grown adults aren't capable of sorting the wood from the trees themselves. I think on almost all issues you have extremists - in this case you've got the MSM version of events at one end, and the likes of Shrimpton at the other. Neither or completely right or wrong, but both stories are likely to contain elements of the truth, among a whole load of other stuff. The role of the enlightened individual is to take it all in without prior discrimination, and then decide for themselves which bits to consider and which bits to disregard.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.12.13 15:39

@ Cristobell. Here is a piece of constructive criticism.

You wrote on this forum the following:

Herewith link to my latest blog.

As mentioned in another thread, I will be appearing on Sonia Poulton's TPV on Monday to give an update of the trial in Lisbon and a picture of where we are now.  Will let the forum know the time as soon as it is to hand.  You may be more interested to hear that Sonia is also liaising with Martin Grimes, so fingers crossed, he will be on too.

http://cristobell.blogspot.co.uk/

End Quote

I watched the entire interview. I think it came on at around 7pm GMT. There was no update of the trial in Lisbon and there was no picture of where we are now.

As for Sonia Poulton liaising with Martin Grimes, there is no proof of that and it wasn't mentioned in the interview.

So here is the constructive criticism.

People on this forum were totally alarmed at the recent 'teaser' advertisements for Crimewatch where Andy Redwood said the investigation had a 'revelation moment' which turned out to be not much really but it certainly pulled in an audience. It didn't deliver anything of real substance is the general consensus. Now if you apply the same 'teaser' announcement to PVT then it is only fair to say that it also didn't do what it says on the tin.

Just my opinion.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 05.12.13 15:48

Daisy wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Well it reads that way to me.

Snipped: "The People's Voice offer a platform to mainstream opinion ­ it is our primary goal to question the official and alternative view of everything in the spirit of real journalism and the pursuit of the truth."

http://www.thepeoplesvoice.tv/about
Well, your interpretation is different from me.

It states clearly they are a platform to mainstream opinion  --  we understand this one OK yeah?  

It also states its goal as to question the official and alternative view of everything - meaning both sides of the coin yeah?

How can it be any other way?  Allowing one side over the other would be discriminating, no different from mainstream isnt it?
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 05.12.13 15:50

I would have thought that The Peoples Voice would actually interview anyone about any subject providing its not libelous.

But surely the viewers will regulate it in a way. Because they will take from each interview/subject a view which is acceptable. Admittedly lots of people have lots of differing ideas but that is also the case for the Internet. We can't not discuss things just because other people disagree.

In SB's interview he said can't return to Portugal as he has been advised not to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 05.12.13 15:54

Wouldn't it have been great if Martin Grimes had appeared Aquila?  My post clearly states 'fingers crossed'.  When we begin something we look towards the best possible outcome. It would have been quite a coup if Sonia had managed to get Martin Grimes on, and who knows in the future.  Had he appeared and I hadn't mentioned it, you would have been miffed.  

I am beginning to find this a little tedious, if you have a problem with me, please take it to pm.

Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 05.12.13 15:55

aiyoyo wrote:Well, your interpretation is different from me.

It states clearly they are a platform to mainstream opinion  --  we understand this one OK yeah?  

It also states its goal as to question the official and alternative view of everything - meaning both sides of the coin yeah?

How can it be any other way?  Allowing one side over the other would be discriminating, no different from mainstream isnt it?
But therein lies the problem. SB was allowed to spout his 'alternative' view without question.

So yeah, no different to the mainstream in that aspect.

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.12.13 15:58

Cristobell wrote:Wouldn't it have been great if Martin Grimes had appeared Aquila?  My post clearly states 'fingers crossed'.  When we begin something we look towards the best possible outcome. It would have been quite a coup if Sonia had managed to get Martin Grimes on, and who knows in the future.  Had he appeared and I hadn't mentioned it, you would have been miffed.  

I am beginning to find this a little tedious, if you have a problem with me, please take it to pm.
I think you are taking me in the wrong spirit here. You asked for constructive criticism and that's what I've given to your request in an earlier post you made. It's constructive. I wish you well.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 05.12.13 15:59

Cristobell wrote:Wouldn't it have been great if Martin Grimes had appeared Aquila?  My post clearly states 'fingers crossed'.  When we begin something we look towards the best possible outcome. It would have been quite a coup if Sonia had managed to get Martin Grimes on, and who knows in the future.  Had he appeared and I hadn't mentioned it, you would have been miffed.  

Cristobel

Well done again for your bravery on TPV roses 

I truly never expected to see Martin Grimes appear or even be quoted as he has been told by, I think it was the Home Office, not to comment at all. 

But then one wonders, was that the "lure" they thought they needed. Now I am beginning to doubt the veracity of the actual reason TPV are operating!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 05.12.13 16:02

Daisy wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:Well, your interpretation is different from me.

But therein lies the problem. SB was allowed to spout his 'alternative' view without question.

So yeah, no different to the mainstream in that aspect.
The subject is far from closed on TPV TV and their website is up and running, there is nothing to stop people from challenging Stephen Birch's theory.

Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.12.13 16:02

I'm sure anyone here who wants to go on the programme and rebut SB's theories will be quite welcome to do so, that is why it is called the Peoples Voice. I'm also sure Cristobell would have liked longer to talk but she was only given a certain amount of time........she has said she has been invited back and that is good.

I hope Sonia Poulton reads here, perhaps she could give us her take on things. Cristobell I know you communicate on twitter, perhaps you could ask her to join us?

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 05.12.13 16:11

Yes, the oneupmanship games are so obvious and distracting - best not to bat the ball back.
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.12.13 16:11

It wouldn't have been great if Martin Grimes had appeared Cristobell. It would have been a travesty. Why on earth would he want to appear on some new and obscure internet television channel?

The fact that Martin Grimes was mentioned and there is no proof of Sonia Poulton's 'liaising' with him is just dreadful to announce without substantial proof.

I am sorry Cristobell, I know you think I'm picking on you and I assure you I'm not but to make this announcement on the forum as a teaser advert when there is nothing to substantiate it doesn't do much for credibility.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 05.12.13 16:17

Interesting and yet perplexing discussion

Surely, the most important part of this TPV interview are the points raised to the people watching that are unaware, such as why kate mccann refused to answer the 48 questions, the government withholding important documents that could solve this case

Imo focus should be on putting pressure onto the government in releasing these documents, rather the man who raised the issue

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 05.12.13 16:20

Anyway - what are the four files that Teresa May is supposed to have squirrelled away ?

ooh that rhymes.big grin
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum