The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!


Snake deaths

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by aiyoyo on 09.08.13 22:43

@russiandoll wrote:What puzzles me is the theory that the snake caused death by constriction. If the boys were both lying flat as they likely were while asleep, how did a snake manage to wrap itself around their bodies?
Not possible to constrict sleeping boys.  
Its weight would have to be across the faces/throats to cause the suffocation.
The hole in the ceiling would have to be directly above the sleeping boys, or it would mean the snake after fallen, slithered across them for that to happen.   Which is what made the story unbelievable.

We'll have to wait to see the investigators' theory depending on the forensics and post-mortem evidence.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Reputation : 324
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by littlepixie on 09.08.13 23:28

A snake will pick up a defrosted mouse using its coiled muscles, they usually bite first and then throw the coils around it. A large snake would have no problem picking up a child.
avatar
littlepixie

Posts : 1344
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by aiyoyo on 09.08.13 23:34

Yeah, but why would a pet snake (well fed and healthy according to reports) want to constrict not one but two boys and not swallow its prey?

Snake attacks only if provoked, taken by surprise, or hungry, right?
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Reputation : 324
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by littlepixie on 09.08.13 23:40

The only time I have ever seen a snake strike, constrict then spit out a prey is when the snake realized the prey was too big for it to swallow.
It would have a good go swallowing first though before giving up.

There again I have seen videos on Youtube where a handler is showing off with a large snake and it starts to constrict him without striking and the handler has to yell for help.
avatar
littlepixie

Posts : 1344
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by littlepixie on 09.08.13 23:53

Just remembered a Canadian guy who owned a pet shop in Manchester who took me round to his house where he had Caiman Crocodiles in the bedroom and proceeded to goad them to snap and laugh along with his two little kids. My O/H and I nearly fainted!  His shop was shut down (thank God) BUT I know there are still crocodiles living in bedrooms in suburban houses in Manchester (as well as huge snakes).
avatar
littlepixie

Posts : 1344
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by aquila on 10.08.13 0:05

Snakes don't belong in captivity. Anyone who keeps a snake in a glass enclosure in their house or pet shop for that matter is suspect to me because they have absolutely no respect for the animal. Reptiles are not pets. They are wild creatures and should live in the wild. For a pet shop or an individual to think otherwise says to me that they have a total disregard for any animal.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8792
Reputation : 1760
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by Prehensile on 10.08.13 0:24

@aiyoyo wrote:Yeah, but why would a pet snake (well fed and healthy according to reports) want to constrict not one but two boys and not swallow its prey?

Snake attacks only if provoked, taken by surprise, or hungry, right?
 Snake falls through ceiling, kids screaming, snake in fight or flight mode, who wins?
 Still, there are too many conflicting reports in this case.
 What baffles me, is how could a 15 foot python fall through a floor and then the ceiling below ? 45kg spread over 4 meters surely would be less weight bearing than say a small child standing on a given spot.
Assuming the ceiling story is true, the adult did hear the commotion and went to investigate, does he (a) try to fight off the snake knowing he has little chance of winning then his son may have been next (if he loses fight with snake) or (b) call for help, by this time the two boys are doomed.

Right, I'm off before I get banned again for spouting logic.

Keep reading http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Madeleine_-_6_Years_Gone.html  TaTa.

Prehensile

Posts : 72
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by aquila on 10.08.13 0:34

@Prehensile wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:Yeah, but why would a pet snake (well fed and healthy according to reports) want to constrict not one but two boys and not swallow its prey?

Snake attacks only if provoked, taken by surprise, or hungry, right?
 Snake falls through ceiling, kids screaming, snake in fight or flight mode, who wins?
 Still, there are too many conflicting reports in this case.
 What baffles me, is how could a 15 foot python fall through a floor and then the ceiling below ? 45kg spread over 4 meters surely would be less weight bearing than say a small child standing on a given spot.
Assuming the ceiling story is true, the adult did hear the commotion and went to investigate, does he (a) try to fight off the snake knowing he has little chance of winning then his son may have been next (if he loses fight with snake) or (b) call for help, by this time the two boys are doomed.

Right, I'm off before I get banned again for spouting logic.

Keep reading http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Madeleine_-_6_Years_Gone.html  TaTa.
You won't get banned for speaking logic. I like your logic. Welcome to the forum.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8792
Reputation : 1760
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by Prehensile on 10.08.13 0:48

@aquila wrote:
@Prehensile wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:Yeah, but why would a pet snake (well fed and healthy according to reports) want to constrict not one but two boys and not swallow its prey?

Snake attacks only if provoked, taken by surprise, or hungry, right?
 Snake falls through ceiling, kids screaming, snake in fight or flight mode, who wins?
 Still, there are too many conflicting reports in this case.
 What baffles me, is how could a 15 foot python fall through a floor and then the ceiling below ? 45kg spread over 4 meters surely would be less weight bearing than say a small child standing on a given spot.
Assuming the ceiling story is true, the adult did hear the commotion and went to investigate, does he (a) try to fight off the snake knowing he has little chance of winning then his son may have been next (if he loses fight with snake) or (b) call for help, by this time the two boys are doomed.

Right, I'm off before I get banned again for spouting logic.

Keep reading http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Madeleine_-_6_Years_Gone.html  TaTa.
You won't get banned for speaking logic. I like your logic. Welcome to the forum.
 I'm not new to forum, so trust me I will be banned when admin get wind of this account.

Here is why I was banned last time, and to add insult to injury I was accused of being a troll....
sonic72, some time ago I read somewhere that under Portuguese law it was okay to leave children unattended provided there was no intent for the child/ren to come to any harm, that being the case then, Portugal was the perfect destination for the McCann's to "execute" their cunning plan, sacrifice their eldest to the Pagan Gods for financial gain, set up the McFund, claiming the child had been abducted, knowing full well there would be no repercussions regarding neglect.
 

Full thread here https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t7204p30-abduction-theories-mccann-s-version.


Note the name of the thread. TaTa.

Prehensile

Posts : 72
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by aquila on 10.08.13 1:03

Bye Bye. It's probably best if you go then. I wish you a good night's sleep and a place that doesn't make you angry.

All the very best to you.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8792
Reputation : 1760
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by Prehensile on 10.08.13 1:15

@aquila wrote:Bye Bye. It's probably best if you go then. I wish you a good night's sleep and a place that doesn't make you angry.

All the very best to you.
Angry? One minute you like my logic, then more or less accuse me of being angry. I would like to understand your rational for this assumption.

Prehensile

Posts : 72
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by aquila on 10.08.13 1:19

@Prehensile wrote:
@aquila wrote:Bye Bye. It's probably best if you go then. I wish you a good night's sleep and a place that doesn't make you angry.

All the very best to you.
Angry? One minute you like my logic, then more or less accuse me of being angry. I would like to understand your rational for this assumption.
 I read the link you provided.

I have no wish to argue with you. If you have rejoined the forum you are free to speak to Admin and can send a PM to explain things.

It's not really worth derailing a thread is it?

I'm logging out now as it's very late.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8792
Reputation : 1760
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by aiyoyo on 10.08.13 1:24

@Prehensile wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:Yeah, but why would a pet snake (well fed and healthy according to reports) want to constrict not one but two boys and not swallow its prey?

Snake attacks only if provoked, taken by surprise, or hungry, right?
 Snake falls through ceiling, kids screaming, snake in fight or flight mode, who wins?
 Still, there are too many conflicting reports in this case.
 What baffles me, is how could a 15 foot python fall through a floor and then the ceiling below ? 45kg spread over 4 meters surely would be less weight bearing than say a small child standing on a given spot.
Assuming the ceiling story is true, the adult did hear the commotion and went to investigate, does he (a) try to fight off the snake knowing he has little chance of winning then his son may have been next (if he loses fight with snake) or (b) call for help, by this time the two boys are doomed.

Right, I'm off before I get banned again for spouting logic.

Keep reading http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Madeleine_-_6_Years_Gone.html  TaTa.
Owner said he woke up at 6.00 am went into the living (where the two boys were sleeping), found them dead, snake coiled nearby, looked up and saw a hole in the ceiling thus concluded snake fell through and killed them.

Obviously owner did not hear any commotion when his ceiling collapsed or any of the boys screaming or he would have said so.
Also, you would think a pet shop owner would at the very least know how to control his pet snake.  
On seeing he boys in danger, logic dictates even an idiot would  know how to distract it away from the boys.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Reputation : 324
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by Prehensile on 10.08.13 1:45

@aiyoyo wrote:
@Prehensile wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:Yeah, but why would a pet snake (well fed and healthy according to reports) want to constrict not one but two boys and not swallow its prey?

Snake attacks only if provoked, taken by surprise, or hungry, right?
 Snake falls through ceiling, kids screaming, snake in fight or flight mode, who wins?
 Still, there are too many conflicting reports in this case.
 What baffles me, is how could a 15 foot python fall through a floor and then the ceiling below ? 45kg spread over 4 meters surely would be less weight bearing than say a small child standing on a given spot.
Assuming the ceiling story is true, the adult did hear the commotion and went to investigate, does he (a) try to fight off the snake knowing he has little chance of winning then his son may have been next (if he loses fight with snake) or (b) call for help, by this time the two boys are doomed.

Right, I'm off before I get banned again for spouting logic.

Keep reading http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Madeleine_-_6_Years_Gone.html  TaTa.
Owner said he woke up at 6.00 am went into the living (where the two boys were sleeping), found them dead, snake coiled nearby, looked up and saw a hole in the ceiling thus concluded snake fell through and killed them.

Obviously owner did not hear any commotion when his ceiling collapsed or any of the boys screaming or he would have said so.
Also, you would think a pet shop owner would at the very least know how to control his pet snake.  
On seeing he boys in danger, logic dictates even an idiot would  know how to distract it away from the boys.
Let me assure you snakes are not pets that can be controlled, they are not like dogs, sit offer a treat, give me a paw type of creature. No commotion at 6am, so why enter livingroom so early?

Prehensile

Posts : 72
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

shop

Post by marconi on 10.08.13 2:53

The man has a shop with animals to sell. People who have their own business have a huge lot of work to do every day. They usually stand up before birds start to sing.
Perhaps it was just to have a look on the children. I don't consider this strange.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by aiyoyo on 10.08.13 3:53

@Prehensile wrote:
Let me assure you snakes are not pets that can be controlled, they are not like dogs, sit offer a treat, give me a paw type of creature. No commotion at 6am, so why enter livingroom so early?
Well, the owner kept it as pet in his PET SHOP, open for the public to come to tour and perhaps to stroke his pets.
If he cant control his pets he's not fit to keep them isn't it?
He's had that snake for ten years; surely at the very least he should be familiar with the snake and its habits, and have some sort of control over it.
Imagine having a constrictor on display for the public (and other wild exotic pets for that matter) that is likely to go crazy and the owner hasn't a clue how to manage control it? If he's endangering the public then he ought to be stopped.
One supposes pet shop owner has some sense about the nature of his pets and has responsibility over managing them.

No commotion was reported unless you know otherwise!

As to why he entered the living room so early - that is a damn question that's awaiting answers, if ever forthcoming.

One gets the impression his pet shop is on the same level as the living room so maybe he's up early to feed his pets or they might escape and devour one another, who knows?
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Reputation : 324
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

accept

Post by marconi on 10.08.13 6:07

Let us accept the conclusion of the canadian authorities.  They saw the crime scene, authopsy has been made: a tragic accident.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by Guest on 10.08.13 8:12

http://www.news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/08/130806-african-rock-python-snakes-canada-killed-boys-world/

Unfortunately the link doesn't work but the article quotes an expert as saying that these snakes are unsuitable pets because of their temperament.

Even if we all accept the verdict here, Marconi, it won't resolve the doubts of others! The police still have more enquiries to make.

Prehensile: welcome yet again! I can't speak for Admin but I certainly have no problem with you being here as long as you aren't abusive to individuals on the site and then claim that your rights to free speech are being infringed.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Interesting choice of words.

Post by PeterMac on 10.08.13 8:15

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/08/07/n-b-brothers-died-of-asphyxiation-after-python-encounter-preliminary-autopsy/

Two young New Brunswick boys believed to be the victims of an attack by an African rock python died of asphyxiation, preliminary autopsy results show.

The Mounties said a pathologist came to that conclusion after completing the autopsies on four-year-old Noah Barthe and his six-year-old brother Connor.
“While we now have some preliminary information, investigators still have to wait for other test results to come back and for the final report,” RCMP spokesman Sgt. Alain Tremblay said in a statement Wednesday.
“We recognize that this has touched the hearts of people across the world and that people want to know how this could have happened. Our investigators are looking at all aspects of this tragic incident, and that will take some time.”
With a full autopsy report still pending, the limited results did little to quell questions from snake experts surrounding the deaths of brothers Connor, 6, and Noah Barthe, 4, in Campbellton, N.B..
RCMP say the African rock python escaped its glass enclosure in an exotic pet shop, slithered through a ceiling vent and fell into a second-floor apartment where the boys were sleeping Sunday night. They were staying with family friend and shop owner Jean-Claude Savoie and his young son.
You can imagine what the snake can do
According to experts, African rock snakes are known to bite their prey before constricting around the body, damaging muscle tissue and causing cardiac arrest then death — before eating the victim head first.
But Tremblay could not clarify whether any bite marks or muscle damage had been discovered during the autopsy report.

He said the 45-kilogram snake was found close to the bodies, but not coiled around them.
Right now the only thing we have is the cause of death,” Sgt. Tremblay said in an interview Wednesday, shortly after the preliminary autopsy results were released. “I’m sure if you’re using your mind you can imagine what the snake can do.”
Tremblay said the necropsy on the snake shows that it was in overall good health but they are still waiting for a final report.
The apartment remains cordoned off with yellow police tape and two provincial conservation officers were seen entering and leaving the pet store Wednesday.
One of the few researchers to study the effects of snake constriction said Wednesday that asphyxiation can in fact be the cause of death in constriction victims — depending on the size of the victim and how much strength the snake is able to muster.
University of Louisiana professor Brad Moon said circulatory and cardiac arrest happens quicker than asphyxiation — when the pressure of the constriction is strong enough to close blood vessels and stop circulation to the heart and brain.
On Wednesday, the Mounties called in a snake expert from Toronto, who was expected to be on the ground assisting investigators by Thursday, Sgt. Tremblay said.
Fatal python attack on two boy leads to calls for single nationwide exotic pet ownership rules
‘Very, very strange’: Snake handlers, experts baffled by New Brunswick python attack
‘It’s like a bad dream’: Family, friends in shock over death of N.B. boys believed strangled by python
African rock python euthanized, N.B. police scour ‘crime scene’ where brothers were killed at sleepover
Earlier this week, investigators were said to have turned to a Moncton Zoo for assistance.
“It’s a learning process,” Sgt. Tremblay said, adding that investigators are preparing to question Mr. Savoie, the owner of the Ocean Reptile shop, who is “not a suspect, but a person of interest.”
The advancements in the case came on the same day as a public vigil was to be held in the New Brunswick city.
The 8 p.m. vigil in Campbellton, N.B., opened with a moment of silence to pay respects to the boys, whose deaths have triggered an outpouring of global sympathy. Later, as the sun set over the Restigouche River, balloons were let go into the sky and tea light candles were set adrift into a fountain at the centre of the gathering.
“I felt it was time to bring the community together and pay our mutual respects and honour the lives that are not just gone, but that were lived by two beautiful boys,” said Cindy Levesque, who organized the event.
She said she will keep close to her heart memories of her own children playing with Noah and Connor.
“When my boys were with them, it was just pure joy and happiness,” said Levesque. “Tonight is to celebrate that joy and happiness.”
Emile Aujer, who lives in the neighbourhood where the boys died, said he was overwhelmed with sorrow when he heard of their deaths.
“I cried like a baby,” said Aujer, 80. “I came here for the kids and the family.”
Hundreds of people gathered at the Salmon Plaza monument, about a block away from the apartment where the boys were found dead Monday morning. The monument features an 8.5-metre replica of an Atlantic salmon in a fountain along the waterfront of the city of 7,400 that borders Quebec.
Earlier in the day, the city’s deputy mayor said the vigil was intended to provide some measure of catharsis for his community.
“People will gather to talk and share their emotions,” he said.
“I think when you look at the ages of these kids, four and six, that’s what has really saddened the population not just in Campbellton, but New Brunswick, Canada, and elsewhere.”
“We have been receiving a lot of messages from around the world about how sad the people are.”
“People will gather to talk and share their emotions,” Comeau said. “It is something the friends and citizens wanted to do for these two young kids.”
A public funeral for the brothers is planned for Saturday at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church in Campbellton. A visitation will be held at Maher Funeral Home before the service.
Comeau said the 8 p.m. vigil will feature songs and prayers at the Salmon Plaza monument, about a block away from the apartment where the boys were found dead Monday morning.
The monument features an 8.5-metre replica of an Atlantic salmon in a fountain along the waterfront of the city of 7,400 that borders Quebec.
An Ontario reptile expert says the New Brunswick government has asked for help in removing animals from Reptile Ocean, the exotic pet store beneath the apartment where two boys were sleeping.
Bry Loyst, founder of the Indian River Reptile Zoo outside Peterborough, Ont., says he and a crew are driving a truck to Campbellton, N.B., to pick up the animals and take them to accredited zoos elsewhere in the country.
Premier David Alward issued a statement today expressing his condolences to the family of the boys, saying their deaths are an unimaginable tragedy.
“It is with a heavy heart and tremendous sadness that I offer, on behalf of the provincial government and of all New Brunswickers, our deepest condolences to the family of Noah and Connor Barthe and to the community of Campbellton following the unimaginable tragedy,” Alward said in a statement.
“As a father, the tragic loss of these two young lives full of so much promise and potential is a lasting reminder that ensuring our children’s safety is paramount.”
Snake handlers are questioning how such a rare incident could have happened. Herpetologists, snake breeders and those who own snakes as pets are unconvinced by claims that the snake hunted the boys down.
“I’m totally skeptical,” said Johan Marais, who has written multiple books on these snakes and runs the African Snakebite Institute.
“It just sounds very, very strange. The fact that we don’t know if there was evidence of one kid being bitten, it’s puzzling that the two would be bitten,” he said Tuesday from Pretoria, South Africa.
African rock snakes, found in evergreen forests and open savannahs from Côte d’Ivoire to Ethiopia, do not just constrict their prey — first, they bite in order to anchor the animal they’re hunting down (anything from rats to antelopes, and they could easily fell an adult).
Then, they begin to constrict, coiling around the body, damaging muscles, squeezing the air out of the lungs, causing cardiac arrest and then death, Marais said. Then, they eat their prey head first.
But they don’t eat very often — just a few times a year — and snakes held in captivity, like this one, are typically “overfed,” he said.
“Snakes don’t kill for fun,” Marais said. “It takes far too much energy.”
The Barthe boys appeared to have developed a comfort level with snakes and other reptiles at a young age, perhaps because they grew up next-door to Ocean Reptile, owned by Jean-Claude Savoie, who lived on the second floor with his young son. The brothers were often guests, going over to play and have sleepovers with Savoie’s son.
Sunday was a busy day for the boys. In the morning, the boys played in the backyard, later splashing around at a local pool. In the afternoon, Savoie took them to do some shopping and then to a farm to play with llamas and goats.
“They went for a ride on the farm tractor with Jean Claude and he even let them steer the tractor, so it was a super day,” said Dave Rose, Trecartin’s uncle, at press conference Tuesday.
“They were two typical children who enjoyed life to the maximum,” said Mr. Rose, reading from a prepared statement. He thanked the public for their support and did not take any questions.
The RCMP are not stupid.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 177
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.08.13 8:27

In the Stuart Lubbock case, the utterly discredited former Home Office Pathologist, Dr Michael John Heath, said that Lubbock had drowned.

The Coroner, however, called in THREE other Pathologists.

One of the most crucial findings were petechiae on the face, neck and eyes of Stuart Lubbock's body.

Petechiae are tiny red spots, the result of tiny blood vessels bursting as a person is asphyxiated. They definitely do NOT occur in a drowning.

It was one of the evidences that Lubbock did not drown - and I am sure he was never in the swimming pool either.

The balance of the pathologists' views was that he died as a result of asphyxiation/heart attack as a result of his mouth being held whilst he was cruelly sexually abused

____________________

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14899
Reputation : 2991
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by PeterMac on 10.08.13 8:46

@marconi wrote:Let us accept the conclusion of the canadian authorities.  They saw the crime scene, authopsy has been made: a tragic accident.
All the autopsy has done is give the cause of death - asphyxiation.
It is silent on how, who, when, under what circumstances, why. . .

The result does not indicate accident. It is neutral and makes no such judgement.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 177
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by russiandoll on 10.08.13 9:56

Good morning folks :

 Marconi, I take your point about people becoming very sceptical regarding this and other stories which do not appear to or do not add up. It is however such a tall story when taken at face value that anyone with an enquiring mind would raise an eyebrow.
I am sure the police when taking the emergency call all did so before attending the scene and maybe even afterwards.
 It will be established beyond a reasonable doubt by the highly trained professionals involved in the investigation that this was an accident if that is the case.
 Before doing that, it is their duty to establish if there has been any harm done to those children by human intervention.

 I posted the following from CNN yesterday 

 Noah and Connor Barthe, the two boys apparently killed by a 100-pound African rock python in Canada, died from asphyxiation, according to preliminary autopsy results.
"While we now have some preliminary information, investigators still have to wait for other test results to come back and for the final report," Sgt. Alain Tremblay of the New Brunswick Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Wednesday.
"We recognize that this has touched the hearts of people across the world and that people want to know how this could have happened. Our investigators are looking at all aspects of this tragic incident, and that will take some time," he said.

 Note this is described as a tragic INCIDENT, NOT ACCIDENT, precisely because it has not yet been established. There are multiple causes of asphyxiation, e.g suffocation, strangulation, crush injuries. The pathologist has to decide whether the bodies are congruent with any of those causes or not.

The 3 people who were the last to see these boys alive will be questioned at length by police. The friend, allegedly sleeping in a different room to them, his father and his friend, the boys' mother.

Where was the snake when the police arrived?

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by Prehensile on 10.08.13 10:40

@aiyoyo wrote:
@Prehensile wrote:
Let me assure you snakes are not pets that can be controlled, they are not like dogs, sit offer a treat, give me a paw type of creature. No commotion at 6am, so why enter livingroom so early?
Well, the owner kept it as pet in his PET SHOP, open for the public to come to tour and perhaps to stroke his pets.
If he cant control his pets he's not fit to keep them isn't it?  
He's had that snake for ten years; surely at the very least he should be familiar with the snake and its habits, and have some sort of control over it.
Imagine having a constrictor on display for the public (and other wild exotic pets for that matter)  that is likely to go crazy and the owner hasn't a clue how to manage control it?  If he's endangering the public then he ought to be stopped.
One supposes pet shop owner has some sense about the nature of his pets and has responsibility over managing them.

No commotion was reported unless you know otherwise!

As to why he entered the living room so early - that is a damn question that's awaiting answers, if ever forthcoming.

One gets the impression his pet shop is on the same level as the living room so maybe he's up early to feed his pets or they might escape and devour one another, who knows?
 Let me assure you, the pet owner would not have let members of the public stroke this particular PET, unlike say a pig, goat, sheep or even a pygmy pony, it is kept in a glass enclosure for a reason. Many lion tamers have lost their lives in the false belief they knew their animals well, and that applies to elephants also, so the chances of the owner having any control over an angry aggressive snake of this breed is what?

Prehensile

Posts : 72
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by aiyoyo on 10.08.13 10:53

@russiandoll wrote:Good morning folks :

 Marconi, I take your point about people becoming very sceptical regarding this and other stories which do not appear to or do not add up. It is however such a tall story when taken at face value that anyone with an enquiring mind would raise an eyebrow.
I am sure the police when taking the emergency call all did so before attending the scene and maybe even afterwards.
 It will be established beyond a reasonable doubt by the highly trained professionals involved in the investigation that this was an accident if that is the case.
 Before doing that, it is their duty to establish if there has been any harm done to those children by human intervention.

 I posted the following from CNN yesterday 

 Noah and Connor Barthe, the two boys apparently killed by a 100-pound African rock python in Canada, died from asphyxiation, according to preliminary autopsy results.
"While we now have some preliminary information, investigators still have to wait for other test results to come back and for the final report," Sgt. Alain Tremblay of the New Brunswick Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Wednesday.
"We recognize that this has touched the hearts of people across the world and that people want to know how this could have happened. Our investigators are looking at all aspects of this tragic incident, and that will take some time," he said.

 Note this is described as a tragic INCIDENT, NOT ACCIDENT, precisely because it has not yet been established. There are multiple causes of asphyxiation, e.g suffocation, strangulation, crush injuries. The pathologist has to decide whether the bodies are congruent with any of those causes or not.

The 3 people who were the last to see these boys alive will be questioned at length by police. The friend, allegedly sleeping in a different room to them, his father and his friend, the boys' mother.

Where was the snake when the police arrived?
Second guessing that the owner had by then caged up the snake. Crime scene altered.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Reputation : 324
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by PeterMac on 10.08.13 11:16

@aiyoyo wrote:
Second guessing that the owner had by then caged up the snake.  Crime scene altered.
Or possibly "he SAID he had then caged the snake "

He is
1 The last person to see the boys alive
2 The one who found them dead
3 The only 'witness' to the circumstances
4 And so on.

Little wonder they are describing him as a "person of interest".
Haven't we heard that expression before, somewhere ?

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 177
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum