The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Bus driver saved John McCann's life after suffering cardiac arrest on his bus in Glasgow Mm11

Bus driver saved John McCann's life after suffering cardiac arrest on his bus in Glasgow Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Bus driver saved John McCann's life after suffering cardiac arrest on his bus in Glasgow Mm11

Bus driver saved John McCann's life after suffering cardiac arrest on his bus in Glasgow Regist10

Bus driver saved John McCann's life after suffering cardiac arrest on his bus in Glasgow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bus driver saved John McCann's life after suffering cardiac arrest on his bus in Glasgow Empty Bus driver saved John McCann's life after suffering cardiac arrest on his bus in Glasgow

Post by Jill Havern 17.02.22 10:19

Bus driver's CPR skills saved life of passenger suffering cardiac arrest
Billy Bell saved John McCann's life after he suffered a cardiac arrest on board his bus in Glasgow.

A bus driver from Glasgow has had an emotional reunion with a passenger whose life he saved.
Billy Bell, 59, has been driving buses in Glasgow for more than a decade, but the first aid training he learnt as a lifeguard meant he was able to save the life of his passenger John McCann after he suffered a cardiac arrest.
John was travelling to meet friends for a game of tennis when he suddenly collapsedon board the Number 57 bus.
“I’m a fairly active guy, I’d just retired, I’d packed my bag with all my tennis gear and my cycling gear and I jogged to the bus, put my mask on… And that’s the last thing I remember,” the 63-year-old said
That’s when bus driver Billy stepped in, performing life-saving CPR for 35 minutes, until ambulance crews arrived.

Bus driver saved John McCann's life after suffering cardiac arrest on his bus in Glasgow 00ecc2322cba2d844eaa08c449d4f934STV News
Billy the bus driver has been reunited with the passenger whose life he saved.
“I had just pulled into the bus stop when a girl came up to me and said ‘I think one of your passengers has taken a funny turn’,” said Billy.
“I kept speaking to John, trying to reassure him that he would be ok, but I could tell something was wrong. He was visibly in pain, moving in his chair, struggling to speak and breathe and was quickly getting worse.
“I got him into the recovery position, at which point he was no longer speaking and his lips were turning blue. I started CPR. The whole time I was trying to stay calm and focus on keeping him alive,” he added.  
According to the resuscitation council, fewer than one in ten people survive a cardiac arrest outside of hospital – making the story even more remarkable.
“I do think it’s the best thing I’ve ever done,” said Billy, who finished his run after the incident.
John added: “I’m an ordinary guy, you’re an ordinary guy, but I hope what this shows people is that ordinary people can do extraordinary things.”
After meeting for the first time, the pair are planning to stay in touch. But John’s hoping for a far less eventful journey next time he’s on the Number 57 and Billy’s at the wheel.

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/billy-bell-saved-bus-passenger-john-mccanns-life-with-cpr-following-cardiac-arrest

It happened in April LAST year. No mention that he's the brother of prime suspect and cardiologist Gerry McCann

shhhh

Bus driver saved John McCann's life after suffering cardiac arrest on his bus in Glasgow 12310

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41059

Back to top Go down

Bus driver saved John McCann's life after suffering cardiac arrest on his bus in Glasgow Empty Re: Bus driver saved John McCann's life after suffering cardiac arrest on his bus in Glasgow

Post by Guest 17.02.22 10:27

It happened in April LAST year. 
It begs another question and perhaps should be in the other thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Bus driver saved John McCann's life after suffering cardiac arrest on his bus in Glasgow Empty Re: Bus driver saved John McCann's life after suffering cardiac arrest on his bus in Glasgow

Post by Jill Havern 17.02.22 10:34

What other thread?

eta...oh, you mean the CV thread.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41059

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera Krista 17.02.22 11:18

hope he had an appointment with his bro :p

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

― Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
Vera Krista
Vera Krista

Activity : 581

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum