The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Anglo-Portuguese Alliance:  WORKSHOP - Page 7 Mm11

Anglo-Portuguese Alliance:  WORKSHOP - Page 7 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Anglo-Portuguese Alliance:  WORKSHOP - Page 7 Mm11

Anglo-Portuguese Alliance:  WORKSHOP - Page 7 Regist10

Anglo-Portuguese Alliance: WORKSHOP

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anglo-Portuguese Alliance:  WORKSHOP - Page 7 Empty Re: Anglo-Portuguese Alliance: WORKSHOP

Post by Jill Havern 27.10.20 18:45

Will do.

It was just an idea.

Sometimes when I've got youtube on I do something else but just listen to it. I can't sit still long enough to watch an hour long video...but I could listen to it while I'm faffing.

Plus, some people have poor eyesight.

George Orwell, '1984': "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Activity : 32198

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Anglo-Portuguese Alliance:  WORKSHOP - Page 7 Empty Re: Anglo-Portuguese Alliance: WORKSHOP

Post by pauloalexandre 27.10.20 18:58

@Jill Havern wrote:Will do.

It was just an idea.

Sometimes when I've got youtube on I do something else but just listen to it. I can't sit still long enough to watch an hour long video...but I could listen to it while I'm faffing.
I know and I thank you for that idea  thumbsup

But I personally never liked those videos that had voice-over, instead of subtitles. It makes them seem rather messy, in my opinion.

Speaking of ideas, a relative of mine who knows the work being done here has suggested doing a version of this documentary with English subtitles for British people with hearing problems.

What do you think of this?

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Activity : 939

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 27.10.20 19:46

@pauloalexandre wrote:
@Jill Havern wrote:Will do.

It was just an idea.

I know and I thank you for that idea  thumbsup

But I personally never liked those videos that had voice-over, instead of subtitles. It makes them seem rather messy, in my opinion.

Speaking of ideas, a relative of mine who knows the work being done here has suggested doing a version of this documentary with English subtitles for British people with hearing problems.

What do you think of this?

Excellent idea!
sharonl
sharonl
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Activity : 10095

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 27.10.20 20:07

thumbsup

Still think a voice-over for people with poor eyesight too. You might think it's messy, but some people might just appreciate it.

I know of one person who told me she doesn't visit the forum anymore because she can't read it as she struggles with her sight.

I'm aware that the text on the Homepage is very small, but there's a reason for that...

George Orwell, '1984': "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 27.10.20 20:37

@Jill Havern wrote:thumbsup

Still think a voice-over for people with poor eyesight too. You might think it's messy, but some people might just appreciate it.

I know of one person who told me she doesn't visit the forum anymore because she can't read it as she struggles with her sight.

I'm aware that the text on the Homepage is very small, but there's a reason for that...
It's something to consider in the future, but right now it's important to get these documentaries translated in Portuguese.

However, if such thing is done, I think there would be no need of moving pictures - just an audio file with the person speaking.

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Jill Havern likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 30.10.20 10:58

I will start translating Part 2 (Dogs Don't Lie).

No doubt this one will take longer, as it is twice as long...

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 30.10.20 20:44

That is one of the "joys" of podcasts.   You can put it on, turn the volume up,  and carry on doing the ironing and cleaning, and then – if you suspect you may have missed something - you can click back and listen to it again.
Some of the films are far too long except for people who already know the facts, or those who are committed to looking for details.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 14963

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 03.12.20 13:33

I finished translating the first half of Part 2 (40 minutes).

I will begin placing the subtitles and revising them, and then I'll move onto the second half.

I'm hoping to be able to post the second part of Richard's documentaries on Youtube around Christmas...

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 03.12.20 14:56

Thanks for the update Paulo - seems you've taken on quite a task thumbsup , let's hope it's worthwhile, I believe it will be.

At least it's something positive to look forward to, rather than backwards and a return to the repetition of past nonsense theorizing.  Can't say Richard D Hall's work is based on anything but evidence - factual and/or informative interpretation of available documentation.

An excellent project if I might say, something for you to be proud of!

Keep at it singlerose

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Activity : 27416

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 17.12.20 21:00

Alright, I finished the full translation and transcript of Part 2 (24 pages in Word format).

The first part of the video, which is 40 minutes long, is already subtitled. I'll now subtitle the second part.

I'll then revise the subtitles to make sure everything is okay.

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Jill Havern and Tony Bennett like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 17.12.20 21:23

Well done Paulo clapping1 it must be a lot of work for you, but all in a good cause  thumbsup

star

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Tony Bennett and pauloalexandre like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 17.12.20 22:20

thumbsup clapping1 Excellent job, Well done Paulo.
sharonl
sharonl
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Activity : 10095

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Tony Bennett and pauloalexandre like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.12.20 0:09

I'll third that!

Well done Paulo salute !

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Tony Bennett likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 20.12.20 11:19

The film is fully subtitled.

Part 2 will be uploaded onto Youtube next Friday.

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Jill Havern and CaKeLoveR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 25.12.20 18:57

After an extensive review of the entire translation, the film is now ready to be uploaded onto Youtube.

It'll be released for everyone to see tomorrow at 9am.

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 25.12.20 20:13

What a hero you are Paulo...and working on it over Christmas too!  bigshock

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

pauloalexandre likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 25.12.20 20:41

Yeah, it was my intention to post the video today, but because there were some things that needed to be fixed, I had to postpone its release for tomorrow.

Quality over speed is the way to go!

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 04.01.21 13:21

Today, I started working on Part 3 ("Private Investigations?").

I also emailed Richard to tell him about the release of Part 2.

In that e-mail, I also suggested that we could do a Portuguese version of his Madeleine McCann website (http://madeleinefilms.net/). This website would include UK and Portuguese icons to alternate between the two languages.

After all films are translated, they could be downloaded from the website by anyone.

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Jill Havern and Cammerigal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 04.01.21 16:10

Please let us know what Richard says about a Portuguese version of his website.

Great work Paulo  singlerose

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 04.01.21 18:42

Thank you, Paulo.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Activity : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 15.01.21 12:38

The first 15 minutes of Part 3 have been translated, transcribed and subtitled.

I'm taking a different approach for this film (and the next ones).

I now divide the film into several 5-minute segments.

I translate, transcribe and subtitle a segment, before moving on to the next one.

This gives me opportunity to review short paragraphs, rather than doing it with the whole text.

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 31.01.21 16:42

Finished the first half of Part 3.

This one may be released by the end of next month. Hopefully, I'll be able to post it much earlier, but no rush (we don't want that!).

It would be good to expose some of the ideas that were discussed in the email exchange between me and Tony.

I haven't yet received a response from Richard to the suggestion of establishing a Portuguese version of his Madeleine McCann website, but I hope that we manage to do this, as people might wish to download copies of the documentaries and pass them on.

I am hoping to make DVDs of the Portuguese version and send them to various Portuguese media organizations, in order to inform them about these documentaries. The first 4 films are not really new, as many facts that those films discuss are known, but the ones put forward in documentaries like "The Phantoms" and "Where Madeleine Died?" are extremely important, as they contain new evidence that the Portuguese mainstream media doesn't seem to be aware of.

We could have people in different regions of Portugal spreading leaflets, DVDs, etc.

Looks very ambitious on paper, but will surely require a lot of planning and work. It will also take several months to translate all of Richard's films, including the Peter Hyatt interview and get them all available.

In the meantime, it would be good to keep sharing the films that are available on social media.

I'll continue to give updates on how the project is going.

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 31.01.21 20:52

Why don't you try sending Richard a private message...?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 31.01.21 21:19

@Jill Havern wrote:Why don't you try sending Richard a private message...?
He doesn't appear on this forum very often.

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.02.21 0:00

Bravo Paulo!  

At the risk of appearing a slave driver - keep up the good work.

Don't run before you can walk Paulo.  I think I can understand why a Portuguese version of Richard D Hall's videos would not be a priority - his work extends way and beyond the case of Madeleine McCann - be patient!

It matters not, your work Paulo will be spread far and wide no matter what.  Anyone interested can download your videos from here on CMOMM or You Tube and all the other available outlets on social media to promote your exemplary work.

Take heart, your time will not be wasted - if only you came on the scene before now, when the case has reached it's finale on the world's stage.  

Ideal timing for the McCann faction with every other atrocity going on across the world but not ideal for those in quest of justice in the name of Madeleine McCann.

Still, onwards and upwards in the name of the Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann - we will never surrender.

grouphug

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum